Late Night in DIYland, take II

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK where do you all buy your 5ml & 10ml mini squeeze bottles for juice at?

I'm not sure I need 100 anytime soon, and I'm tight in the $ department for a few more weeks...but I'd like to get samples of some of my DIY/project juices out to people and glass gets expensive to ship after 2 bottles.

Hey Frawg, I've used these in the past. They're OK, but not the highest quality out there.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...words=5ml dropper bottle&sprefix=5ml+,aps,331

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to diyland @Mr Joshua. Feel free to discuss anything diy or not diy. Good place to ask random questions or tell us about your new order, which you did =)

How was Bull City's shipping? Is it as good as WL?
Bull Citys shipping is super fast, they process same day and often ship the same day. My last WL order, last week took 3 days to process, I like WL, but I have gotten two different orders from Bull City one ordered same day as WL and one a day later in already, and WL order should just now show today. I do live in the same state only about 3 hours away from bullcity, but that doesn't effect processing.
Thanks for the welcome! :)

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got in a good many FA and TFa today from bullcity and ecigexpress, the ecigexpress one would have been here earlier, but the USPO decided to ship it 130 miles past here west and then back, before shipping it to me lol I hate it when they mess up like that.

Wow I never ordered the red hots, aluminium bottle huh, they must be like acid lol

i know the cinnamon red hots is a tank cracker. But interested to give it a try.

Sucks your flavors took a detour.
What fun flavors did you get?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK where do you all buy your 5ml & 10ml mini squeeze bottles for juice at?

I'm not sure I need 100 anytime soon, and I'm tight in the $ department for a few more weeks...but I'd like to get samples of some of my DIY/project juices out to people and glass gets expensive to ship after 2 bottles.

I think RP still has a list of resources?

Specialty bottle is one I recall

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got in some vape mail. Flavors from TFA. Cinnamon red hots comes in a aluminium bottle! LOL

I used the Red Hots very frequently, because it's DELICIOUS. That is before I OD'd on it, so I've put it away until the cold weather sets in. I make a liquid, not sure if I posted about it ITT, but it's Red Hots, Pomegranate, and Cranberry - all TFA, all at 4%. Tastes like frickin' Christmas, if Christmas had a taste. It's not "dark and spicy" like "Christmas Pudding" though.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We're a bunch of diy addicts :p

I got some premade juice yesterday. It's the first time I've had premade for about a year. I think it's a 50/50 blend but it produces more clouds the my full vg. Why?

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i know the cinnamon red hots is a tank cracker. But interested to give it a try.

Sucks your flavors took a detour.
What fun flavors did you get?

The detour worked out fine in the end at least, I have been jonesing for a real pipe, so I ordered a lot of tobaccos.
  • About all of the FA tobaccos
  • FA mango
  • tahiti vanilla FA
  • Rum FA
  • watermelon FA
  • Cinnamon Ceylon FA
  • Cardamom FA
  • Walnut FA
  • Vanilla Cup Cake-FW
  • White Tea-FW
  • Green tea TFA
  • Fuji FA
Got in some tobacco absolute too which I have been interested in. I am sure i forgot something in the order....been going flavor crazy lately lol

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been playing phone tag- with the guy who was supposed to come grind the stumps from the trees I had removed- since Monday. He was supposed to call or come on Tuesday and nada. No phone call, no show. He just called me from his freaking hospital bed!! He broke his hip on Tuesday and was worried about not showing up. *shakes head in wonderment* I'm definitely waiting until he gets better.

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been playing phone tag- with the guy who was supposed to come grind the stumps from the trees I had removed- since Monday. He was supposed to call or come on Tuesday and nada. No phone call, no show. He just called me from his freaking hospital bed!! He broke his hip on Tuesday and was worried about not showing up. *shakes head in wonderment* I'm definitely waiting until he gets better.
Ouch, that can be a long recovery. :( I did not mean to like your post up there because a poor guy broke his hip btw lol

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Of course not. :) He said 6 weeks or so but I'm not in a rush anyway. Certainly hope he doesn't push himself!

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Of course not. :) He said 6 weeks or so but I'm not in a rush anyway. Certainly hope he doesn't push himself!
(Disclaimer: The following is a joke only and should not be taken seriously, unless you're one sick person!)

Hell @glassgrl, you should just run over to the geriatric ward, steal a walker from some old bat (try to get a dementia patient, they won't remember what happened!), then run it over to him. Now here's the tricky part. You need to try to look sincere when you tell him you're sorry for his pain and suffering. Then give him the walker and tell him to get off his lazy ass and get to work because you have other crap to do besides wait on him! It's a win win. You get your work done and he speeds his recovery by having a purpose to get up and walk it off. The nerve of some people, trying to use a broken hip as an excuse to get out of a job! Geesh!

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL! I'll be sure to tell him that was no way to get out of this job. :) I mowed the back today and was kinda thankful there wasn't even more grass. Even better was not walking into black and white Spiney backed Orb Weavers and their damn webs hanging from the Tree That Was.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL! I'll be sure to tell him that was no way to get out of this job. :) I mowed the back today and was kinda thankful there wasn't even more grass. Even better was not walking into black and white Spiney backed Orb Weavers and their damn webs hanging from the Tree That Was.
Until the stump grinder.......wait, didn't "stump grinder" use to be a derogatory term? Ah, whatever! Until the stump grinder gets better, just put a planter on top of the stump. A nice hanging basket would look beautiful and help cover the stump as the flowers droop over the sides. Some people even hollow out the top of stumps and make planters directly out of them.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There certainly is a lot of material for a thousand off color jokes here...
Ah Hell, let me go get a paint pallet! We'll color those jokes correctly next time!;)

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah Hell, let me go get a paint pallet! We'll color those jokes correctly next time!;)

If the stump is high enough already, then you don't need to stand on a pallet...

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Until the stump grinder.......wait, didn't "stump grinder" use to be a derogatory term? Ah, whatever! Until the stump grinder gets better, just put a planter on top of the stump. A nice hanging basket would look beautiful and help cover the stump as the flowers droop over the sides. Some people even hollow out the top of stumps and make planters directly out of them.

The hollowing part sounds like a lot of work.

I put a towel over a stump. Left it there - not on purpose and it rotted pretty quick.

vaping one day at a time

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been thinking how stump grinder could be a derogatory term. Got it. Stump grinder = politician. hahoho

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
VU is quiet...how to tell half the country is headed to Atlanta...

I'm going to go finish my dinner of chocolate products and consider an early night. 4hrs of shaving bottles killed my back that was already not happy.

I'll wait for the off color questions...

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
VU is quiet...how to tell half the country is headed to Atlanta...

I'm going to go finish my dinner of chocolate products and consider an early night. 4hrs of shaving bottles killed my back that was already not happy.

I'll wait for the off color questions...
Ah no, I'm not touching either one of those subjects! My momma tought me better than that! Hope you feel better in the morning!

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had the job of de-labeling the recycled bottles from work. Funny that the bottles that had leaked liquid onto the label came cleaner than any other method...
PG/VG remains = awesome from de-gunking labels...

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is it the Weekend already? I started mine Thursday afternoon. Hung out at friends pool till tonight. Got yummy pizza. Weather was perfect. Back to the office tmwr for a little while.

Ya - I like playing hooky during the week and taking advantage of good weather. Then work on a weekend when I have to when clients won't bother me.

Anyone have fun plans this weekend?

vaping one day at a time

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had the job of de-labeling the recycled bottles from work. Funny that the bottles that had leaked liquid onto the label came cleaner than any other method...
PG/VG remains = awesome from de-gunking labels...

If they are glass I use a razor blade. Makes the chore nice and easy

vaping one day at a time

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Soaking them in hot water with ammonia works too. Stinky though.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If I didn't have to show 2 forms of ID to buy acetone I would've used that. I used a blunted pair of scissors - small blades, less likely I need stitches or a tetanus shot. The only razor blade in the house has more rust on it than my car.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If I didn't have to show 2 forms of ID to buy acetone I would've used that. I used a blunted pair of scissors - small blades, less likely I need stitches or a tetanus shot. The only razor blade in the house has more rust on it than my car.

Huh? Why do you have to show ID to buy acetone?

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For the same reason we get ID'd and databased when buying Sudafed, spray paint, etc.

Oh them. WTF. We don't get ID'd here for spray paint and acetone. Yet. ID'd for having seasonal allergies, yes.

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Spray on the "Goo Gone", let sit for a few hours, and the labels fall off. Quick clean up with dish water and let dry. I use it for many things...

This absolutely removes the labor...and the label

Attachments

• googonesmall.jpg
    googonesmall.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 10

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Spray on the "Goo Gone", let sit for a few hours, and the labels fall off. Quick clean up with dish water and let dry. I use it for many things...

This absolutely removes the labor...and the label
Yeah I know, that and goof off or undu also work. But no one around here sells it without a massive hunt and lots of driving I didn't have. I learned Kaboom bathroom spray works fairly well. I added "goo gone" and a bottle of simple green concentrate to the boss's shopping list.

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks like all the big stores are in Bedford...

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I know, that and goof off or undu also work. But no one around here sells it without a massive hunt and lots of driving I didn't have. I learned Kaboom bathroom spray works fairly well. I added "goo gone" and a bottle of simple green concentrate to the boss's shopping list.

Slow Saturday for me. I tried a few of the DIY adhesive/label remover ideas from the internet. Just Google DIY goo gone.

I mixed 2 parts baking soda and 1 part vegetable oil into a paste. Half peeled part of some labels off exposing the remaining adhesive. In other areas of the label, I left paper and all intact. Smeared this paste on the whole area. Left things about an hour and found the full paper covered area to be virtually unchanged. But, the adhesive only area was easy to almost wipe off.

Now to let sit overnight...

While I am impressed, it NOT as good as the real product, but readily available and cheaper! Tomorrow I will try a mixture that includes 1 part alcohol...

YMMV!

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Slow Saturday for me. I tried a few of the DIY adhesive/label remover ideas from the internet. Just Google DIY goo gone.

I mixed 2 parts baking soda and 1 part vegetable oil into a paste. Half peeled part of some labels off exposing the remaining adhesive. In other areas of the label, I left paper and all intact. Smeared this paste on the whole area. Left things about an hour and found the full paper covered area to be virtually unchanged. But, the adhesive only area was easy to almost wipe off.

Now to let sit overnight...

While I am impressed, it NOT as good as the real product, but readily available and cheaper! Tomorrow I will try a mixture that includes 1 part alcohol...

YMMV!
I tried using peanut butter one time. I must've been trolled when I found that suggestion.

Usually, I just run it under hot water and rub it till it comes off.

No off color jokes please.

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Many recipes called for coconut oil. Several suggested any kind of vegetable oil. I guess peanut oil could work. It appears to me that the baking soda is just for "grit", not part of any chemical action.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I need to get the bottle scraper they had at the recycle center back home. It was made to shave glass bottles of most any shape & size safely, without requiring the user to need good emergency medical coverage or be related to an Army Medic.

Next time it needs done I'll just swing by Home Despot on my way home and pick up the goo gone, especially if I have 200 bottles to do like last time. Having hard water doesn't help when trying to make things LESS sticky. I should see if amazon has goo gone in a gallon container LOL

VU Sponsors