Late Night in DIYland, take II

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Happy Valentines Day...or just happy Saturday. lol Vday never did mean much to me. If I love you, it's every day, the gifting/card thing is too much pressure. And tomorrow candy is 75% off. :)
That's the only thing I like about holidays...the candy sales afterwards.

I tried saline mixtures at different percentages,, but I didn't see any difference with hydration. However, I don't think I notice too much generally speaking.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's the only thing I like about holidays...the candy sales afterwards.

I tried saline mixtures at different percentages,, but I didn't see any difference with hydration. However, I don't think I notice too much generally speaking.
What ratio do you vape?

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Happy Valentines Day...or just happy Saturday. lol Vday never did mean much to me. If I love you, it's every day, the gifting/card thing is too much pressure. And tomorrow candy is 75% off. :)
Oh yeah, now THAT is the proper attitude toward Valentine's Day. :D
To heck with these ad-agency hallmark holidays!

PS: pm me for address to send flowers and chocolates

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm. That's good to know. I was using a bit more than that, so maybe I could use a small amount like you are, then add it on occasion like @caddisfly is doing. I may try that out again. Might help me to stop using the saline nasal spray so frequently. Thanks for the info :)
Don't forget, too, an occasional light waterboarding with the neti pot will re-enliven the senses :)

In fact, I'm gonna go do that now. I feel that a little self-inflicted torture is consistent with my overall mood today, despite my best efforts to not give a hoot.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use distilled water in most all my mixes. I think some it pops the flavor. I never tried saline

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh. Lol. It depends on my supplies. I usually go 75/25, but if I'm running low, I'll do 50/50.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lobster tails. Steak and little neck clams. Yum! Sheba likes lobster and clams too!

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ramdom rant. Partners nephew getting married. I recently realIzed for one wedding I'm going to have to come up with at least 3 gifts!

I'm probably missing something too!

Dafuk. Imo shit is out of hand. No need for three bridal showers. Engagement party and what ever else.

I been to big weddings in the past but don't remember multiple pre parties. :-/

My first marriage I took the money and ran -- instead of big party.

I need new pots and pans. I might get married! Lol

Any one else think multiple bridal showers are excessive?

cjcaddy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
regarding saline, there are 2 posters who go by the name we2rcool although they haven't been around for awhile. They posted this on ecf and unfortunately I don't have the link as I did a copy/paste for my own reference.
We have done extensive testing and decided on a new, standard VG Base to use with our mixes. We halved the amount of saline solution and replaced it with distilled water. So now it is: 80% VG; 13.5% distilled water; 4.5% saline solution (.9%) and 2% pure grain alcohol.

Mixes with 80% VG; 18% dw; 2% pga were 'flat' and wanted more flavor - but more flavor wasn't the answer - they were flat & without zip, zing, and 'flavor pop'

Mixes with 80% VG; 16% dw; 2% saline; 2% pga were almost as 'dead' as the above

Mixes with our new Base had all the zip, zing & *pop* as before, but we could discern no negative/distorting impact from the saline.

Our suggestions, if you're going to use saline solution:

--Use only .9% saline solution without any additives - no preservatives; no antimicrobial agents, nothing.

--If you're going to make your own, use only USP sodium chloride. All other "salt" has additives or natural impurities...and those impurities may have adverse affects on your tanks/coils, and they will have some level of action of some type or another on the final juices (something we can't control from 'batch to batch'). Here's a link to USP, 1 gram sodium chloride tablets:
Amazon.com: Sodium Chloride 1 Gm 100 Tablets: Health & Personal Care (1 tablet mixed with 110ml of distilled water will make .9% saline)

--Work with it...the postive affect of saline on flavors & hydration is well worth the effort!

for myself, I vape 80/20. The tablets are hard so I dissolved one in about 1 tbsp. warm distilled water and added that to 110mls of VG. from that I use 4.5% so since I use 20 vg that works out to .45mls saline solution and 1.55ml vg. per 10ml of juice.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
regarding saline, there are 2 posters who go by the name we2rcool although they haven't been around for awhile. They posted this on ecf and unfortunately I don't have the link as I did a copy/paste for my own reference.
We have done extensive testing and decided on a new, standard VG Base to use with our mixes. We halved the amount of saline solution and replaced it with distilled water. So now it is: 80% VG; 13.5% distilled water; 4.5% saline solution (.9%) and 2% pure grain alcohol.

Mixes with 80% VG; 18% dw; 2% pga were 'flat' and wanted more flavor - but more flavor wasn't the answer - they were flat & without zip, zing, and 'flavor pop'

Mixes with 80% VG; 16% dw; 2% saline; 2% pga were almost as 'dead' as the above

Mixes with our new Base had all the zip, zing & *pop* as before, but we could discern no negative/distorting impact from the saline.

Our suggestions, if you're going to use saline solution:

--Use only .9% saline solution without any additives - no preservatives; no antimicrobial agents, nothing.

--If you're going to make your own, use only USP sodium chloride. All other "salt" has additives or natural impurities...and those impurities may have adverse affects on your tanks/coils, and they will have some level of action of some type or another on the final juices (something we can't control from 'batch to batch'). Here's a link to USP, 1 gram sodium chloride tablets:
Amazon.com: Sodium Chloride 1 Gm 100 Tablets: Health & Personal Care (1 tablet mixed with 110ml of distilled water will make .9% saline)

--Work with it...the postive affect of saline on flavors & hydration is well worth the effort!

for myself, I vape 80/20. The tablets are hard so I dissolved one in about 1 tbsp. warm distilled water and added that to 110mls of VG. from that I use 4.5% so since I use 20 vg that works out to .45mls saline solution and 1.55ml vg. per 10ml of juice.
Lol, thanks for mentioning that. I miss them. I have that saved, too, from back then. They2 really are cool.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ramdom rant. Partners nephew getting married. I recently realIzed for one wedding I'm going to have to come up with at least 3 gifts!

I'm probably missing something too!

Dafuk. Imo shit is out of hand. No need for three bridal showers. Engagement party and what ever else.

I been to big weddings in the past but don't remember multiple pre parties. :-/

My first marriage I took the money and ran -- instead of big party.

I need new pots and pans. I might get married! Lol

Any one else think multiple bridal showers are excessive?
Yes. Excessive and entitled. But I'm a grouch and would only go to one. The amount of money spent on weddings is beyond my comprehension anyway. I was clicking through channels yesterday and one soon-to-be bride had a $4000 budget for a dress. 4 grand on a dress. smh

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes. Excessive and entitled. But I'm a grouch and would only go to one. The amount of money spent on weddings is beyond my comprehension anyway. I was clicking through channels yesterday and one soon-to-be bride had a $4000 budget for a dress. 4 grand on a dress. smh

Wow! Even if money was unlimited for me - I wouldn't pay that much for a dress! Don't think I own a dress. Maybe one to wear around pool over bathing suit. Ha!

For those when money is not a problem - I say have a million dollar wedding. But to take out a mortgage to afford a wedding is crazy imo.

I wouldn't call myself cheap but I'm with you GG - the amount of money spent on some weddings boggles my mind.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So who on east coast is dealing with ice or lots of snow?

NW GA was cold and wet last night. But. By the looks of it -- the ice was a little noeth and east of me. Trees on my property is all good. Im hearing reports of powrt outages and trees down in many towns arOund me.

Hope everyone stays warm and safe of you have to deal with this crap.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just cold and rain on the coast. Things aren't so good inland, they got ice and power outages. My winter coat has been in my Aunt's closet in NYC for the last 2 years. lol

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just cold and rain on the coast. Things aren't so good inland, they got ice and power outages. My winter coat has been in my Aunt's closet in NYC for the last 2 years. lol

I've been in GA for 9 yrs. Lived in Boston for 10 yrs before that. If i could -- I'd go back to boston in a minute.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been in GA for 9 yrs. Lived in Boston for 10 yrs before that. If i could -- I'd go back to boston in a minute.
They could probably use the help with shoveling. lol I'd move farther up north if I could too. Maybe not NJ again but closer than this. Problem is, if I sold this place I could maybe buy a doghouse up there.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They could probably use the help with shoveling. lol I'd move farther up north if I could too. Maybe not NJ again but closer than this. Problem is, if I sold this place I could maybe buy a doghouse up there.

I'm in the same boat. I was happy to hear my neighbor tell me his appraisal is getting better since the last couple of yrs.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, these party of the decade type weddings are crazy.

When we got married in '94, we spent $2k on everything. Dress, Tux rental, wedding chapel, flowers, reception and food.

And only had about 50 people attend vs the 100's you hear about today.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So who on east coast is dealing with ice or lots of snow?

NW GA was cold and wet last night. But. By the looks of it -- the ice was a little noeth and east of me. Trees on my property is all good. Im hearing reports of powrt outages and trees down in many towns arOund me.

Hope everyone stays warm and safe of you have to deal with this crap.

I just got power back yesterday morning ... went out late Monday afternoon. The main road just beyond my property looks like a war zone with all the tree debris scattered everywhere. It kinda looked cool with ice covering everything but that's probably the only good thing about it!

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got power back yesterday morning ... went out late Monday afternoon. The main road just beyond my property looks like a war zone with all the tree debris scattered everywhere. It kinda looked cool with ice covering everything but that's probably the only good thing about it!

What part of north ga are you?

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know of a good clove without tobacco?

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know of a good clove without tobacco?

I been wondering too. A friend bought something with clove. And said I would experIment. I'd prob like it too with mild tobacco. Wasn't sure if FA has one and to use that. Or use tfa

Edd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like FA's Clove but it's the only one I've tried so far. Tastes like clove to me. I haven't used it very much though.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe search for those kretek threads for ideas for your friend, Claire? I guess that was the name of clove cigs. I have INW Old Havana, it's got a clove-like taste with other spices but it won't work with the orange I want to mix with, besides it's supposedly a tobacco.

Thanks Edd. I have to search my flavor boxes and see what I have.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tried clove cartridges from Greensmoke when I first started with cigalikes and realized that clove isn't the same sweet coating on the filters that I remember from Djarum Specials... :(

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Damn, I got sidetracked with cleanup around here and forgot to answer your question Claire, my bad. :oops:

I'm up 400 near Lake Lanier ... and for some, a more significant landmark, the North Georgia Premium Outlet Mall! :D

Hope everything is all good by you. Getting ready for round two?

By next week it will be close to 70! Not sure if that's good or bad yet.

Stay warm!

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe search for those kretek threads for ideas for your friend, Claire? I guess that was the name of clove cigs. I have INW Old Havana, it's got a clove-like taste with other spices but it won't work with the orange I want to mix with, besides it's supposedly a tobacco.

Thanks Edd. I have to search my flavor boxes and see what I have.

Good to know. Thank you.
I was thinking about extracting one of those clove cigs or finding a clove flavor tobacco. I extract a couple of tobaccos that have come out pretty good.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hope everything is all good by you. Getting ready for round two?

By next week it will be close to 70! Not sure if that's good or bad yet.

Stay warm!

Thanks Claire, I hope all is good by you also. :)

Lol, well that was fun! :D

We ended up with about 3-4 inches of snow and luckily, this time, the power stayed on so it was kinda fun. I ended up in a snowball fight with the kids down the street ... they showed me NO mercy! :(

I am looking forward to the warmer weather however, come on Spring!!! :cool:

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tasted natural coconut water today. Wtf?? Glad I only paid $1. It tasted like grass clippings. I'll stick to regular water.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol! Never heard of it. sounds vegan to me. ::shudder::

dnezarmichael

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My name is Dave, and I'm an addict, I have insomnia and mix at night. I have about 116 flavors by several different companies and have been know to extract flavors from spices.

I have a science and art background, so to me mixing was the perfect hobby. I don't sell juice, nor do I ever plan to. Mostly because I don't want to deal with the crooked assed government and the general public, two of my greatest pet peeves.

I was a flavorholic even back when I was smoking, I loved camel cigs because they put so many cool flavors out. I had repeatedly tried to quit over the years and had almost kicked the habit, when I got a job doing tech support of websites. What got me to quit originally where these old school 51's ecigs with removable atomizers and stick batteries, I just lowered the nic until I had no need to smoke.

However after working 12-16 hour days with idiots on the phone, pissed off about there shitty websites, I started smoking again with a passion. Eventually I was back to my 3 pack a day, camel menthol habit with a side of booze.

My daughter was having her birthday and when asked what she wanted she said she wanted me to quit smoking. So I went to the store because I had smoked my old 51 to death and hoped that they had something better with more vapor. That's when I got my first iTaste vv and CE2 and was instantly hooked. In the week that I got my first rechargeable vape, I stopped smoking completely (well besides weed). I noticed a lot of the flavors sucked ass, and tried to make my own juice, this was before premium juice was available in my state.

Originally I used Lorans flavorings, then by stalking HIC on ECF, I switched over to flavorart and learned how to mix. I have also incorporated a ton of other flavor companies into my mixing and have to say that I would not be a decent mixer if I hadn't had to learn to mix Lorann's and Flavourarts.

dnezarmichael

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
:D Intellectual property now. lol That reminds me...I just want to thank everyone here from the bottom of my little silly heart that we don't have arguments over steeping vs.aging vs.whatthefuckever. Who cares? We know what we mean. <3

So...yeah! The German Strawberry and Fig are definitely keepers for me. A buddy sent me a few Molinberry's to sample. The peach nectar was good, but there's something about it...I'll probably leave that flavor line alone for awhile.

To me all that matters, is how it tastes, if I can get a great tasting vape with no steep, I'm there. I also have the patience to wait for the good stuff.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome Dave! I bet your daughter was thrilled!!!

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tasted natural coconut water today. Wtf?? Glad I only paid $1. It tasted like grass clippings. I'll stick to regular water.
I don't really get the craze either. BUT Son #2 loves the stuff and he was coming to visit so I bought the Costco brand, Kirkland, and it's actually not bad. My mom used to buy real coconuts when we were little. Crazy woman liked to grate her own for baking. She'd always let us have the coconut water. Sometimes it was sweet and kind of creamy, sometimes it tasted like...grass clippings. lol

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hmm...ok...random chatting.

Was separating my 120ml of nic into 15ml bottles last night. Decided to do it on the bathroom counter so the sink was close by in case of spills for easier cleanup. One of my cats decided to jump onto the counter and start sniffing around. Quickly picked him up before he had a chance to knock anything over and he dug one of his claws into the back of my neck. This caused me to jump and yank his paw off my neck, causing him to freak and scratch up my arm.

dork

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Damn, I got sidetracked with cleanup around here and forgot to answer your question Claire, my bad. :oops:

I'm up 400 near Lake Lanier ... and for some, a more significant landmark, the North Georgia Premium Outlet Mall! :D
I'm in Sandy Springs

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm in Sandy Springs

Welcome. Have you gone to the shop in the publix mall on corner of abernathy and roswell rd? My mom lives over that way. I haven't had a chance to go in yet.

dork

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome. Have you gone to the shop in the publix mall on corner of abernathy and roswell rd? My mom lives over that way. I haven't had a chance to go in yet.
Yes, twice. Very limited for my style, and not knowledgeable. Big Bang on Roswell Rd north of there is a LOT better, for me.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't really get the craze either. BUT Son #2 loves the stuff and he was coming to visit so I bought the Costco brand, Kirkland, and it's actually not bad. My mom used to buy real coconuts when we were little. Crazy woman liked to grate her own for baking. She'd always let us have the coconut water. Sometimes it was sweet and kind of creamy, sometimes it tasted like...grass clippings. lol

This was zico brand in a small blue juice box type container. Labeled as natural. I expected sweet coconut. Not grass clippings.

I can vape coconut and drink water instead. ;-)

Grating raw coconut is ambitious! instead of buying it already shredded from baking department.

Echamberlain

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It looks like everybody is in bed tonight. Question for everybody. If I am going to make up a good size batch of one of my favorites (I am just ready to start, so I am being hopeful I will mix something I want this much of) would there be anything wrong with putting it in a pint canning jar and then fill my 30ml bottle when I run out. Seems cheaper then having four or five bottles tied up for one flavor. Anybody else like champagne e liquids, I have had a commercial bottle called Marilyn from a company called Exquisite that I fell in love with. If you do and have a recipe of one that is not citris based I would be interested for my first mixing session.

VU Sponsors