Become a Patron!

Looking for a good 200w mod

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a kbox 120w and its being wonky. So I'm in the market for a new one. I have tiny hands. I'm looking for a good minimum 200w that's relatively small. Regulated, dual or triple 18650s is what I'd be going with. The RX200s are too bulky for me, so something smaller that's good with dual coil rda builds. And relatively low in price. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ipv5 is tried and true. Great board in it that can be found for under $40.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
That's what i was looking at. We had an opportunity to get a ipv4 but it was too high priced from the person asking

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's what i was looking at. We had an opportunity to get a ipv4 but it was too high priced from the person asking

Stay away from the 4 and the 6. The Ipv5 functionality wise is a better mod. Use vapecrawler.com to get the best price.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Th IPV5 is a good device but I wouldnt say it's relatively small. I have average size hands and it feels pretty large to me. Joyetech Cuboid is a good choice for a compact 200 watt device. The new Smok Alien 220 looks promising.
True it's kind of on the tall side. The Cuboid is really heavy for its size though. The Cuboid also has that notoriously shitty 510. I haven't had a problem with mine but others have. That Alien is definitely on my list. If I had a choice between the Ipv5 and Cuboid I think the Ipv5 wins hands down. Just a better all around mod IMO.

True it's kind of on the tall side. The Cuboid is really heavy for its size though. The Cuboid also has that notoriously shitty 510. I haven't had a problem with mine but others have. That Alien is definitely on my list. If I had a choice between the Ipv5 and Cuboid I think the Ipv5 wins hands down. Just a better all around mod IMO.

To be honest I think it's hit or miss with both Joyetech and Pioneer4You. Lots of bad experience posts all over the forums. I have a Cuboid as well as 4 other Joyetech mods and all of them have performed well for me. None of them have 510 issues with any of my Tanks or Drippers. Had an IPV4 that was a POS and an IPVD2 that fell apart after 3-4 months. I dont have anIPV5 so I cant comment on quality but looking at the issues with the IPV400 and IPV6x that are going on now I would be hesitant to buy anything from them. Of course that is just my humble opinion.

With that said, if you want something that is inexpensive you kind of get what you pay for.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
To be honest I think it's hit or miss with both Joyetech and Pioneer4You. Lots of bad experience posts all over the forums. I have a Cuboid as well as 4 other Joyetech mods and all of them have performed well for me. None of them have 510 issues with any of my Tanks or Drippers. Had an IPV4 that was a POS and an IPVD2 that fell apart after 3-4 months. I dont have anIPV5 so I cant comment on quality but looking at the issues with the IPV400 and IPV6x that are going on now I would be hesitant to buy anything from them. Of course that is just my humble opinion.

With that said, if you want something that is inexpensive you kind of get what you pay for.
From what I see here, it's the RX mods that seem to have the most issues. it seems like weekly someone comes here with an issue for it. The cubiod is probably 2nd. I haven't seen many issues with P4U mods on here.

IMO every device has it's good and bad, really no such thing as a perfect mod, they all seem to have some quirks and quality control issues

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From what I see here, it's the RX mods that seem to have the most issues. it seems like weekly someone comes here with an issue for it. The cubiod is probably 2nd. I haven't seen many issues with P4U mods on here.

IMO every device has it's good and bad, really no such thing as a perfect mod, they all seem to have some quirks and quality control issues
Yeah, I've seen issues on here with the above mentioned. I agree, each has its flaws. We have the RX200 and RX200S and my double vision doesn't sit right on the RX200s and we've experienced issues on powering off by itself on the RX200, plus its just too bulky for my liking.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wish I could take credit for this but I can't. I read somewhere to stay away from the even numbered Ipv's. Lmao. It seems they put out a good one then shit, good one , shit. I got a kick out of it.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Agreed. Reasonably priced might be a better word. Price range being up to $70 or $75. I just don't have $150 to drop on a top of the line mod

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Agreed. Reasonably priced might be a better word. Price range being up to $70 or $75. I just don't have $150 to drop on a top of the line mod

for 70 bucks you can get a top of the line 171 watt hohm wrecker G2 off ecig. use coupon code ecig10 for 10% off and it'll cost 65.70 plus shipping or you can but 10 dollars worth of somehting else with it and get free shipping for 75 bucks plus the mod and another item

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish I could take credit for this but I can't. I read somewhere to stay away from the even numbered Ipv's. Lmao. It seems they put out a good one then shit, good one , shit. I got a kick out of it.

Lol, well i think Samsung and iPhone have done that too

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
for 70 bucks you can get a top of the line 171 watt hohm wrecker G2 off ecig. use coupon code ecig10 for 10% off and it'll cost 65.70 plus shipping or you can but 10 dollars worth of somehting else with it and get free shipping for 75 bucks plus the mod and another item
Um... 151 watt :) unless... was there an upgrade I missed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice. Kind of an odd wattage. I haven't seen that. Is it regulated?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Yeah bro, about a month or so ago. It's a different mod with that update. Another is coming in a week or so as well.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

yeah, new firmware (i think it came out in april) ups it to 171 watts
Nice. Kind of an odd wattage. I haven't seen that. Is it regulated?

lol yes regulated and can temp control any kind of wire including kenthal and mixes.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I stand... er... sit corrected. I have one, and it's even the right version. I just never looked...

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HohmWrecker G2
Smok H-Priv
Smok R200
Smok X Cube Ultra
Laisimo L3
Wismec RX2/3 (use in 2 mode)
Which one is made for small hands? The G2 looked really sweet but the FS curve and all that seemed a bit too advanced for me right now. I'm still learning about building coils. The smok x cube ultra looked frigging sweet and i wanted one but then i saw how big it was. Plus I saw that that one gets into the curve adjustments

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want 200W, I would suggest a triple 18650 mod-I am not saying it is not possible to hit 200W on 2 18650's, it is just very optimistic and often can only happen while the batteries are still at a higher voltage.

The triple 18650 mods are in general pretty large, I have small hands too though and find the rx200 to be comfortable to hold-if you turn it around so the fire button is away from you, it is actually pretty ergonomic.

For dual 18650's though, the RX 2/3 is very nice, and comfortable to hold. It is firmware updatable to 200W in dual 18650 config, and with the two included battery doors you can choose to use it in dual or triple 18650 configuration.

For your price range, I feel this would be a good mod, although you may prefer other mods mentioned in this thread, and also they don't suffer from the 510 issues of the wismec/Joyetech devices.

Another option would be the Xcube ultra or H-Priv, myself I own the original Xcube and found it to be a fairly good device. I do have better devices in the collection, but at a reasonable price point I think the RX2/3 would be hard to beat.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If i could drop $150, I would. But i work at dunkin donuts, so that wouldn't happen till tax time :)

Ok
Tax time is almost around the corner, invest your money on a DNA 200 mod bro, it's worth it...
Subscribe with ecig.com
They always have great sales, I remember they had the vt133 for 79.99 or less...
And make sure to check the
TRADING POST thread here on VU there's a lot of hoarders out here buying n selling stuff
Goodluck

VAPE ON

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
CameraZOOM-20160917093629525.jpg
Yeah, I've seen issues on here with the above mentioned. I agree, each has its flaws. We have the RX200 and RX200S and my double vision doesn't sit right on the RX200s and we've experienced issues on powering off by itself on the RX200, plus its just too bulky for my liking.

I'm a huge fan of all the Realeaux. My oldest is almost a year old now, use it every day. The only model I don't have is the 2/3. When you consider that these mods outsell comparable mods by 3-4 to 1, you have to expect an apparent greater number of problem reports.

I have put mine through hell.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm a huge fan of all the Realeaux. My oldest is almost a year old now, use it every day. The only model I don't have is the 2/3. When you consider that these mods outsell comparable mods by 3-4 to 1, you have to expect an apparent greater number of problem reports.

I have put mine through hell.
Same here. I have the RX and the DNA since they both first came out. Not one problem with either mod. I always said even if the notoriously bad 510 did go I would get them replaced. The best all day mod I ever owned.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Same here. I have the RX and the DNA since they both first came out. Not one problem with either mod. I always said even if the notoriously bad 510 did go I would get them replaced. The best all day mod I ever owned.

I would too. I have had 2 spares waiting for the last 6 months in case of emergency, but have not needed them.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want 200W, I would suggest a triple 18650 mod-I am not saying it is not possible to hit 200W on 2 18650's, it is just very optimistic and often can only happen while the batteries are still at a higher voltage.

The triple 18650 mods are in general pretty large, I have small hands too though and find the rx200 to be comfortable to hold-if you turn it around so the fire button is away from you, it is actually pretty ergonomic.

For dual 18650's though, the RX 2/3 is very nice, and comfortable to hold. It is firmware updatable to 200W in dual 18650 config, and with the two included battery doors you can choose to use it in dual or triple 18650 configuration.

For your price range, I feel this would be a good mod, although you may prefer other mods mentioned in this thread, and also they don't suffer from the 510 issues of the wismec/Joyetech devices.

Another option would be the Xcube ultra or H-Priv, myself I own the original Xcube and found it to be a fairly good device. I do have better devices in the collection, but at a reasonable price point I think the RX2/3 would be hard to beat.
Thank you for that :) i just don't know about that one since my double vision didn't sit right on the 510. It was crooked, but it sits fine on my kbox and hubby's tfv4 fits perfectly on the rx200s.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i just don't know about that one since my double vision didn't sit right on the 510.

Try fitting it again. I have seen a couple of RXs where the 510 was not fully centered, but this is easily fixed. the 510 slides into a channel in the chassis, and in the 2 cases I mentioned, just needed to be "aligned".

Look at the RX from the top, and see if the threads are centered.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which one is made for small hands? The G2 looked really sweet but the FS curve and all that seemed a bit too advanced for me right now. I'm still learning about building coils. The smok x cube ultra looked frigging sweet and i wanted one but then i saw how big it was. Plus I saw that that one gets into the curve adjustments
The only one that isn't on the small side would be the G2.
It isn't as difficult as one might think.
Anyways, NONE of the others are big in any way, even for small hands.
From that list if size becomes the most important, go with the Wismec RX2/3 (use in 2 mode)
Any of them would get you good results.
I only have about 45 mods, I use and enjoy the hell out of each of them.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am going on this from recommendation of a friend, not myself as I don't have it in the collection-but the IPV6X is tiny for a dual 18650 device.
I have a few P4U mods in the collection, from the D2 to a few bigger mods, the latest being the IPV5.

I find with the Yihi boards, they are very good devices, some people hate on P4U but I do really like them. I will be adding it to the collection.

It does claim 200W so would fit what you wanted, and its small size would be perfect. It is so small it could even be compared to a single 18650 device in some ways-they have fitted everything in very, very well and if size is important, I think I would recommend this even after the RX 2/3. But either would make you happy I am sure of it :).

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The August final update of the firmware for DNA 200 devices is great. Wattage mode is much better and tastes better while making clouds grander than the 18650 devices.

Probably the biggest difference I found with that update was way better TC on 316L SS, which had been a bit choppy before. It now runs smooth as anything on 316L.

Going back to the OP here, I would just suggest first, determine if you need 200W. If you really do, get a mod with either 3 18650 batteries or a Lipo pack. It will be a bigger and bulkier mod though (well, less so if you get a built in Lipo, but still big), but you will be able sustain that high power which will far more problematic than a 2 battery solution.

If you do not need 200W, finding a 2 battery solution that fits your hand is much easier. I know the new RX2/3 has been thrown out as an option in 2 battery mode, but I have read of contact issues relating to the changeable 2 and 3 battery doors. If you don't need or intend to ever run it with 3 batteries, I would simply get a standard 2 battery solution to eliminate one additional point of failure.

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm gonna piggyback my question onto this thread so I don't have to start a new one.

Wifey hijacked my joytech cuboid. Glad she did cause I hate that thing lol. So I'm looking for a decent carry around beater 2 battery mod for its replacement.

Don't want anything fancy, not a big fan of tc & over complicated menu/screens. Just want a solid mod that can do 120 or more watts. Mostly to use with RTA's but it would be nice if it could fire my low build RDAs once in a while.

Was looking at the SMOk alien but I don't really want to buy the beast kit & I don't really want to do a pre order. I need my shit ASAP. No RX, sigelei or dna mods. Rather have a G2 than any dna mod, which I will be buying soon too.

Also was looking at the original Minikin. Found a blue one for a good price. I like Practicality & durability over style, so I'm leaning to buying that one today.

wanted to see what suggestions you good people might have first before I pull the trigger..

Last edited by a moderator:

VU Sponsors