Become a Patron!

Looking for a good 200w mod

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My favorite beater mods are my VF Flask, G2, Slice, and Ipv5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thx again duece, found an ipv5 for the same price as the minikin. So its between those 2 for me now. Just concerns me that the ipv5 minimum is .15

How's the tc for SS316 on the ipv5? Might have to tc my Rta's cause I like my builds around .15 or a lil lower

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thx again duece, found an ipv5 for the same price as the minikin. So its between those 2 for me now. Just concerns me that the ipv5 minimum is .15

How's the tc for SS316 on the ipv5? Might have to tc my Rta's cause I like my builds around .15 or a lil lower
Yihi boards excel in TC. My only knock on that board is it doesn't have a SS preset. It does have a TCR function so that's a real easy work around. You also have to manually reset the resistance EVERY time you switch attys. Other than that it's a tried and true TC mod that's just a work horse. It takes a pretty good beating as well. I would recommend the silver because it has a brushed aluminum type finish. No worrying about the paint chipping. If you look hard enough you can find them for under $40. I love the look of the Minikin and I really like the new touch screen. I have never had one but it's getting really good reviews.

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thx bro, you are a very helpful & knowlegable asset to VU!

Actually found the ipv5 for $35 & the original minikin at the same price. Not gonna spend $90 on the minikin v2 for a beater mod. That touch screen seems like it would have problems sooner or later. Would rather buy the smok alien for $55 for a beater. Too bad its on presale. $69 for the baby beast kit but I'd rather spend that extra $ on a nicer rta or two

The ipv5 looks to be the best choice.

Timmerz

Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Smok Alien and IPV400, i have both... they are both small, between the two id say go for the Alien once smok releases to the public the new firmware.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thx bro, you are a very helpful & knowlegable asset to VU!

Actually found the ipv5 for $35 & the original minikin at the same price. Not gonna spend $90 on the minikin v2 for a beater mod. That touch screen seems like it would have problems sooner or later. Would rather buy the smok alien for $55 for a beater. Too bad its on presale. $69 for the baby beast kit but I'd rather spend that extra $ on a nicer rta or two

The ipv5 looks to be the best choice.
Thx bro, appreciate the kind words. For a two battery beater mod you just can't go wrong with the Ipv5. If you do get it and wind up having any questions feel free to hit me up.

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Smok Alien and IPV400, i have both... they are both small, between the two id say go for the Alien once smok releases to the public the new firmware.

Is it possible to buy the alien mod only without that baby beast tank in the USA today?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is it possible to buy the alien mod only without that baby beast tank in the USA today?
Yeah I saw it somewhere for like $49.99 check vapecrawler.com

Timmerz

Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
The sites i normally deal with only have the kit. I can email a contact with KMG to see if they have the mod only enroute.

Timmerz

Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Yihi boards excel in TC. My only knock on that board is it doesn't have a SS preset. It does have a TCR function so that's a real easy work around. You also have to manually reset the resistance EVERY time you switch attys. Other than that it's a tried and true TC mod that's just a work horse. It takes a pretty good beating as well. I would recommend the silver because it has a brushed aluminum type finish. No worrying about the paint chipping. If you look hard enough you can find them for under $40. I love the look of the Minikin and I really like the new touch screen. I have never had one but it's getting really good reviews.

personally i find that pulsing noise of the IPV5 in TC to be more satisfying than other P4U mods :) i dont know why, it just sounds like awesomeness is happening

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The sites i normally deal with only have the kit. I can email a contact with KMG to see if they have the mod only enroute.

It's kind of odd that they don't want to sell the mod with out that baby beast tank. That tank is useless to me.

That would be cool if you can relay the release date of the alien mod only on this thread. Really annoying that they're being secretive about when it will become available. If its coming out in the next week or two I'd be happy to wait & continue to use my heavy ass RX200's for my carry around beaters lol

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It's kind of odd that they don't want to sell the mod with out that baby beast tank. That tank is useless to me.

That would be cool if you can relay the release date of the alien mod only on this thread. Really annoying that they're being secretive about when it will become available. If its coming out in the next week or two I'd be happy to wait & continue to use my heavy ass RX200's for my carry around beaters lol
ecig has them for 56 without the tank but it's all predorder right now http://www.ecig.com/smoktech-alien-220w-mod.html

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I saw it somewhere for like $49.99 check vapecrawler.com

Shit thx again bro! Looks like eciggity has em in stock. Everyone else is pre sale. Gonna be pissed off tho if I buy & they tell me afterwards its presale lol

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Shit thx again bro! Looks like eciggity has em in stock. Everyone else is pre sale. Gonna be pissed off tho if I buy & they tell me afterwards its presale lol
Email or call them 1st.

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For this particular deal I would buy the kit using the ecig10 code. That brings it down to almost the solo price. Then I'd sell or trade the baby beast if I had no use for it.

Good F'n idea! Thank you

Timmerz

Member For 4 Years
Reviewer

the little tank actually works well, but i have to fill it every couple puffs... lol

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey what do you guys think about the limitless 200 Mod? On sale at ecig for 50$

Not exactly an ergonomic shape like the smok alien, minikin or ipv but that's a beater mod price. Lots of new good stuff at affordable price points, so its forcing prices to go down on just about everything. It's a good time to practice patience or end up having buyers remorse

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey what do you guys think about the limitless 200 Mod? On sale at ecig for 50$

Not exactly an ergonomic shape like the smok alien, minikin or ipv but that's a beater mod price. Lots of new good stuff at affordable price points, so its forcing prices to go down on just about everything. It's a good time to practice patience or end up having buyers remorse
Personally, I'm not a fan of Ijoy products. They have questionable QC and non existent customer service. I also heard their TC on their chips is not the greatest but tbh I have never tried it.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Personally, I'm not a fan of Ijoy products. They have questionable QC and non existent customer service. I also heard their TC on their chips is not the greatest but tbh I have never tried it.

I do like their tanks, though. The Limitless+ RDTA and their Tornado nano are excellent tanks. Their mods, however, do not have the best rep. I'll admit I liked the look of the Lux when it came out (regardless of the bulk) but heard about early failures which made me reluctant to jump on. I have no idea who they source their chips from, and there are other products with proven track records in that price range. JMO.

Timmerz

Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Didnt think ijoy had any part in the LMC200 which is why the red of the RDTA and the mod didnt match up. Pretty sure the LMC200 uses a council of vapor chip too.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do like their tanks, though. The Limitless+ RDTA and their Tornado nano are excellent tanks. Their mods, however, do not have the best rep. I'll admit I liked the look of the Lux when it came out (regardless of the bulk) but heard about early failures which made me reluctant to jump on. I have no idea who they source their chips from, and there are other products with proven track records in that price range. JMO.
Agreed, it's just lately I've been on a CS kick. Sick of giving my money to companies that don't back their shit up. The Limitless is ok but when compared to other Genny style tanks it just looks and feels cheap. I know a lot of vapers love them but I'm not a fan.

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For anyone interested, no alien mod without the kit available yet. Pretty annoying that vendors say they have them in stock but they're just tricking you into pre ordering. Earliest release date I've found is 9/30 at angelcigs but that's just an estimate.

Ecig.com is out of stock on the alien kit too.

I agree with not supporting ijoy. Fuck em just like sigelei, lots of other companies that aren't pulling shady shit that deserve our $

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm gonna piggyback my question onto this thread so I don't have to start a new one.

Wifey hijacked my joytech cuboid. Glad she did cause I hate that thing lol. So I'm looking for a decent carry around beater 2 battery mod for its replacement.

Don't want anything fancy, not a big fan of tc & over complicated menu/screens. Just want a solid mod that can do 120 or more watts. Mostly to use with RTA's but it would be nice if it could fire my low build RDAs once in a while.

Was looking at the SMOk alien but I don't really want to buy the beast kit & I don't really want to do a pre order. I need my shit ASAP. No RX, sigelei or dna mods. Rather have a G2 than any dna mod, which I will be buying soon too.

Also was looking at the original Minikin. Found a gay looking blue one for a good price. I like Practicality & durability over style, so I'm leaning to buying that one today.

wanted to see what suggestions you good people might have first before I pull the trigger..
VT 133

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
How is that Smok R200? I know you can find it around at a reasonable price. Never used it, so someone who has would need to jump in, but it looks relatively small for a two battery mod.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm gonna piggyback my question onto this thread so I don't have to start a new one.

Wifey hijacked my joytech cuboid. Glad she did cause I hate that thing lol. So I'm looking for a decent carry around beater 2 battery mod for its replacement.

Don't want anything fancy, not a big fan of tc & over complicated menu/screens. Just want a solid mod that can do 120 or more watts. Mostly to use with RTA's but it would be nice if it could fire my low build RDAs once in a while.

Was looking at the SMOk alien but I don't really want to buy the beast kit & I don't really want to do a pre order. I need my shit ASAP. No RX, sigelei or dna mods. Rather have a G2 than any dna mod, which I will be buying soon too.

Also was looking at the original Minikin. Found a gay looking blue one for a good price. I like Practicality & durability over style, so I'm leaning to buying that one today.

wanted to see what suggestions you good people might have first before I pull the trigger..
Is size important? As if TC is not important, the Koopor Plus is a pretty sturdy mod, and it can be had really cheap!
The thing is, it is rather big and boxy, and quite heavy though.

If you don't want Sigelei, don't get the Minikin- they are no longer associated with each other, but the Minikin was made during a period asmodus and Sigelei were together, with one marketed in the UK as the Sigelei minikin.
Newer Sigelei mods I feel have fallen from where they once were, but something like the OG 150 is also built like a tank, uses a good Yihi board, and I am sure you can find one cheaply too.

The Alien is a lovely looking mod, and I also really wanted one, but no stock was available so I am being sent the H-Priv instead. Again this is quite boxy, and if you want something smaller the IPV6X, IPV400 or Smok Alien I would say are your best bets.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still suggest the IPV6X or Alien for a small 2 battery mod with all that one would need.
You can look at this list to find vendors that ship from the USA if that is where you need it from;
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vendors-that-ship-from-usa.266680/
Here is my test of the TCR of the IPV6X;
http://vapingunderground.com/blogs/pioneer4you-ipv6x-tcr.15/

Both have easy to use menu and work.
Bang for buck for a small dual 18650 are well worth the money.
Even if you don't want either of them in the kit that comes with the tank, they come without it or you just have an extra tank incase of an emergency.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still suggest the IPV6X or Alien for a small 2 battery mod with all that one would need.
You can look at this list to find vendors that ship from the USA if that is where you need it from;

Even if you don't want either of them in the kit that comes with the tank, they come without it or you just have an extra tank incase of an emergency.
Agreed on the SMOK Alien. I guess this completes my thread here as I just got a SMOK Alien last night for my belated birthday present. And its a 220w, which is a great bonus.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Mutescream

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is size important? As if TC is not important, the Koopor Plus is a pretty sturdy mod, and it can be had really cheap!
The thing is, it is rather big and boxy, and quite heavy though.

Dunno about their finishes. I was looking at a Koopor 300W recently, until I realized the guy running the vape shop I was in was using one and it was tarnished or simply sweat stainted to hell. I'm guessing it wasn't a true stainless as a result.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dunno about their finishes. I was looking at a Koopor 300W recently, until I realized the guy running the vape shop I was in was using one and it was tarnished or simply sweat stainted to hell. I'm guessing it wasn't a true stainless as a result.
I have one in white, so I can't comment on the tarnishing, I did see one person with a SS version that looked lovely though. I can't say if it is or isn't SS though-it does depend on the mix of chromium, iron, carbon and other metals that depend how 'stainless' your stainless steel is.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I suggest an IPV6X, a Smok R200 (if you want a cheap reliable powerhouse), or some of the newer 2x18650 mods if you use LG 30amp batteries because they can just about reach 200W nowadays.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The best is the Yihi SX Mini Q Class regulated box mod. It's $200 though, and for good reason. Perfect construction and portability paired with ergonomics and 200W that can be reach using only two 18650 30amp batteries. But I use the Koopor Primus and a DNA 200.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Koopor Primus 300 is the coolest looking and one of the more feature heavy devices on the market. It has a...cheap feel...I guess...BUT the menu has options I've never seen before, some of which I find essential now when buying mods from now on, and it's good with battery life. No problems whatsoever. I know the Koopor 200 was a piece of garbage and had a strange update method, but this one is the real deal. Just remember it's something on the fragile side and feels like a "koopor" or other Smoktech device, in other words, feels like it should at 45 bucks.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you get a DNA, make sure it has a big battery or uses 3 x 18650... I was pretty unhappy with my Lavabox... great board, short battery life...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I was having the same issue with my Solara until I adjusted the battery settings in escribe. It defaults at 720mAh for the entire battery pack. Figure the total mAh for your pack and input that into the calculator then load it to your unit. I quadrupled my battery life.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a kbox 120w and its being wonky. So I'm in the market for a new one. I have tiny hands. I'm looking for a good minimum 200w that's relatively small. Regulated, dual or triple 18650s is what I'd be going with. The RX200s are too bulky for me, so something smaller that's good with dual coil rda builds. And relatively low in price. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
If weight isn't an issue get an RX 200. Best 200 watt mod ever.

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

So I ended up buying an alien but the cuboid that I gave my wife ended up having the dreaded atomizer short errors due to the shitty 510. I can nig rig it with a business card to work but I don't want her to be in a position where it stops working on her when she needs it to. So that fucker is going in the trash where it belongs lol

Would you recommend getting an ipv6 over an alien for her? I'm leaning towards getting another alien cause I've read a lot of bad reviews on the 6x. Only reason I'm considering the ipv is the form factor & it looks like a chick mod. If it were for me, I would choose the alien. But of course making wifey happy is important so I want her to have a mod that's somewhat stylish

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
If weight isn't an issue get an RX 200. Best 200 watt mod ever.
The ipv5, dna mods, g2, alien, xcube ultra are just a few examples of better ones. The rx is popular cause price to power ratio. But it's not really a good mod unless u make some upgrades to it. Plus they aren't very reliable.almsot every week a new thread pops up here with rx issues. That and the cubiod.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The ipv5, dna mods, g2, alien, xcube ultra are just a few examples of better ones. The rx is popular cause price to power ratio. But it's not really a good mod unless u make some upgrades to it. Plus they aren't very reliable.almsot every week a new thread pops up here with rx issues. That and the cubiod.

Totally agree.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I've had mine for about a year, and I haven't had any issues. Dropped it, fell on it, etc... and it still works like a champ. You cannot say that for the Smok or the ipv 5, and the fact that the RX is upgeadeable is only a plus. I was just in my local and I guy was in there with issues with his Smok, and one of my friends killed his ipv5 in 4 weeks by knocking it off the counter in his kitchen. As for the Cuboid I have one of those too and it took a 5' drop to concrete at work and is still running fine. The only mod I'm having issues with is my DNA 200, an Aria Solara DNA 200. It needs a new battery pack, because on of the cells is fried.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've had mine for about a year, and I haven't had any issues. Dropped it, fell on it, etc... and it still works like a champ. You cannot say that for the Smok or the ipv 5, and the fact that the RX is upgeadeable is only a plus. I was just in my local and I guy was in there with issues with his Smok, and one of my friends killed his ipv5 in 4 weeks by knocking it off the counter in his kitchen. As for the Cuboid I have one of those too and it took a 5' drop to concrete at work and is still running fine. The only mod I'm having issues with is my DNA 200, an Aria Solara DNA 200. It needs a new battery pack, because on of the cells is fried.
I have an RX too. The non DNA and DNA version. It's been widely acknowledged that both mods have a shitty 510 and sub par wiring. The Cuboid has the same 510. I also have an Ipv5 that has been nothing short of bullet proof. In fact the ipv5 is probably 2nd only to my G2's in build quality and sturdiness. One must remember that these mods for the most part are not made to take 5 foot drops. If you drop your mod that's on you. I wouldn't blame the company at all for a dropped mod that doesn't work anymore

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Here is reality, all this stuff is made in China, you can have a great unit made on a day when Kym Lees mom was feeling well or it might be a day when she wasn't and that's the mod you bought that didn't work right. So you send an email and Becky replys with "So sorry you having probrum with you device. Preese to be sending video of probrum so we can be help." I quote that because that's exactly the email I got in response to an issue I had with my first iStick, from Becky or Jenny I don't remember. At any rate most of this is purely subjective. It's all about what you like. Just like coils, I don't like Fused, Stapled or Staggard Stapled Claptons. I can build the shit out of them, and my ipv buddy pays me to do it, because he swears by them. Personally I'm a Staged guy. But hey, that's just me.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here is reality, all this stuff is made in China, you can have a great unit made on a day when Kym Lees mom was feeling well or it might be a day when she wasn't and that's the mod you bought that didn't work right. So you send an email and Becky replys with "So sorry you having probrum with you device. Preese to be sending video of probrum so we can be help." I quote that because that's exactly the email I got in response to an issue I had with my first iStick, from Becky or Jenny I don't remember. At any rate most of this is purely subjective. It's all about what you like. Just like coils, I don't like Fused, Stapled or Staggard Stapled Claptons. I can build the shit out of them, and my ipv buddy pays me to do it, because he swears by them. Personally I'm a Staged guy. But hey, that's just me.
This is all very true of Chinese companies but get yourself a mod like a G2 from Hohmtech and you'll see a vast difference in build quality and customer service. I mean even a company like Vape Forward that uses Chinese mods has superior customer service to to any mainland based Chinese company. I bought a VF Classic and it crapped after 9 months. They exchanged it for a refurb even though it was way out of warranty. That's customer service! The refurb they sent me was in much better shape than the mod I sent back. I would never hesitate to buy a mod from Hohmtech or VF because of my positive experiences with them.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
You've been lucky. Many others have not. On an overall basis. The rx200 and cubiod have more issues then most other mods. If u upgrade the wires and the 510 then the rx becomes a good device, but out of the box not at all. At least not enough for me to recommended it to a new user. Lots of other devices with better track records out there

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You've been lucky. Many others have not. On an overall basis. The rx200 and cubiod have more issues then most other mods. If u upgrade the wires and the 510 then the rx becomes a good device, but out of the box not at all. At least not enough for me to recommended it to a new user. Lots of other devices with better track records out there

I will grant that my RX is a 1st Gen and I keep it clean, as for my Cuboid, no problems and everyone I personally know that has one has never had an issue. I haven't had any of the issues I read about ever on either mod. Then again I don't leave my attys on my mods at night, I don't spill juice all over them, I periodically wipe them off and keep all the contacts clean. Like I said earlier the onlybmod I've had constant problems with is my DNA device and that's all been quality control, I should have bought a Tuglyfe or a Lava Box with the extension pack. Same price point, and same mAh.

VU Sponsors