Become a Patron!

Luxyoun Smaug 150 watt mod

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Baahahahahaa! Awesome picture

I'm at 15mg and no issues just super buttery smooth hits.

The guy I got the Smaug for is vaping a 20mg menthol. That was so painful, I wanted to punch him for suggesting that I try it.
if you get a dripper pg is pretty much verboten in it.. I fucked up my mix and did a 36 mg instead of 6mg which is in PG and dripped it... I felt exactly like that pic.

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not a Luxyoun fan boy. I have 1 box from them. Yes I love the look... But I haven't had enough time to determine if it's beautifully wrapped crap yet or not.

As promised, if they screw up (like sending me a clone) I'll mention it. $8 I won't even notice that missing personally. But I know there are people who are on an extremely fixed budget, and nobody deserves to be scammed.

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Attachments

• 1423868836898-733758211.jpg
    1423868836898-733758211.jpg
    493.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 1423868871538-103690644.jpg
    1423868871538-103690644.jpg
    699.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 1423869084441-398687283.jpg
    1423869084441-398687283.jpg
    617.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 1423869114883428889262.jpg
    1423869114883428889262.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 14

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
wow they go pretty far to cheap it up! thanks for those pics. you can definitely see some packaging nuances. I hope that the knock off does not release chrome flaking into the juice!vapesuckbender.jpg
in all fairness i do believe it states that it is a clone on their website. just sayin.

Last edited:

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
wow they go pretty far to cheap it up! thanks for those pics. you can definitely see some packaging nuances. I hope that the knock off does not release chrome flaking into the juice!View attachment 14507
Yeah, unsure if I'll even use it. I have 2 authentic glass tanks from the kit I got, and just got in today the crossed stainless tank sleeve. I may just keep it as a reminder. Still baffled that Luxyoun sent me this.

They will make a box from a solid piece of redwood. (not exactly cheap), but hand out cloned accessories. Yeah, I'm scratching my head on that.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, unsure if I'll even use it. I have 2 authentic glass tanks from the kit I got, and just got in today the crossed stainless tank sleeve. I may just keep it as a reminder. Still baffled that Luxyoun sent me this.

They will make a box from a solid piece of redwood. (not exactly cheap), but hand out cloned accessories. Yeah, I'm scratching my head on that.
Kind of that note I have been half tempted to have someone craft a solid wood mod and stripping the guts out of a sig 150 and putting those in the wood box.
Cannot get over the cost vs. attempt aspect on that.

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
wow they go pretty far to cheap it up! thanks for those pics. you can definitely see some packaging nuances. I hope that the knock off does not release chrome flaking into the juice!View attachment 14507
in all fairness i do believe it states that it is a clone on their website. just sayin.
Nope, just looked. Doesn't say Aspire either. Says stainless, but it's not. Also says mini Nautilus clearomizer, but it's definitely standard size.

I'm not going to sweat it. Just passing along the info as it was purchased with my box.

I will however give 2 thumbs up for Vermillion River. This I've used for a long time and so far best juice I've had. I won't deny being a huge fan of. With as much as much as I've used them, I can easily recommend

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Mr. Furious ok if you have not been pre warned on some clones plated is not plated but painted.
I had one clone that said plated and was gold paint that flaked off and reacted with my juice..I did not vape off it and did a lead test on it and showed up high lead content.

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kind of that note I have been half tempted to have someone craft a solid wood mod and stripping the guts out of a sig 150 and putting those in the wood box.
Cannot get over the cost vs. attempt aspect on that.
The wood really has great depth and love the matte finish. I actually saw the Tesla 120w before this, but I couldn't find any real review on it.

Then I saw this. Not many reviews either except people not approving of a single battery. I wasn't too hot on that either. Then I checked out the V2. So ok, battery issue solved, I dig the color and layout better than the Tesla. The price was right so I jumped. I figured since a buddy wanted the Smaug, we could bounce opinions back and forth easily.

I love it aesthetically. Still keeping an eye on the inside quality. Way too early to form a judgement.

If you are good with wood, I can see gutting a used Sig to build something. They have a ton of great reviews and a solid following.

I could see a walnut box looking amazing with a matte finish.

I wanted something new and different. This happened to catch my eye.

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Mr. Furious ok if you have not been pre warned on some clones plated is not plated but painted.
I had one clone that said plated and was gold paint that flaked off and reacted with my juice..I did not vape off it and did a lead test on it and showed up high lead content.
Nope had no idea.. I have been using cartomizers up until this.

Thanks for the heads-up. It can stay all shiny in the box... Lol

Attachments

• 20150204_081857-1-1.jpg
    20150204_081857-1-1.jpg
    813.3 KB · Views: 11

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The wood really has great depth and love the matte finish. I actually saw the Tesla 120w before this, but I couldn't find any real review on it.

Then I saw this. Not many reviews either except people not approving of a single battery. I wasn't too hot on that either. Then I checked out the V2. So ok, battery issue solved, I dig the color and layout better than the Tesla. The price was right so I jumped. I figured since a buddy wanted the Smaug, we could bounce opinions back and forth easily.

I love it aesthetically. Still keeping an eye on the inside quality. Way too early to form a judgement.

If you are good with wood, I can see gutting a used Sig to build something. They have a ton of great reviews and a solid following.

I could see a walnut box looking amazing with a matte finish.

I wanted something new and different. This happened to catch my eye.
I could see a nice flame or tiger maple, a cocobolo or even rosewood would be fucking awesome but the last two you are going to pay out the ass or not get legally anymore.

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I could see a nice flame or tiger maple, a cocobolo or even rosewood would be fucking awesome but the last two you are going to pay out the ass or not get legally anymore.
Picking your wood opens so many doors. I almost bought a laser cnc for another project. You can carve wood with them for a wicked 3D image.

I don't know if I'd trust home built electronics, but gutting a Sig and arranging everything in a personal layout would definitely grab my attention.

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

This weekend, I will be tinkering around to make this a Qi wireless charging mod

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
There are people making raptor (120 watt raptor chip not Chinese "raptor" bullshit) boxes out of wood on eBay.
Search for "wood raptor box mod" and you may get lucky.
People ARE making them:
005.JPG 006.JPG

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
5de4d50b-5ee8-4cf9-8991-2bb20d07d3a7_zps3b979217.jpg

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here is a post from Vape719 about his Luxyoun mod box...
HEADS UP! Week 3 into 4 and we're down and out!

Tested multiple RDA's and i'm experiencing the EXACT same issues.
(D.Horse x 2 / LittleBoy/Patriot and my Doge v3_) all are jumping.

I was unable to fire anything lower the .4 for a long time, after a week we got down to .33 then came the real fun.

My standard .43 or .5 build reads @ .6 then 1.7, 1.8, 2.6, 3.6, 2.1,

Tonight I'm heading home to play with the Center pin, I'm itching to believe this is the same issue that caused the mass recall on the v1 sigelie boxes... (definitely the SAME designer...). When I dug around the net other sigeleis and IPV's had issue similar to this, many resolved with center pin adjustments and/or readjusting the actual wires inside post. My coil work is damn good. - damn good. So i know it's not my build. Spoke with a guy who builds a hefty amount of boxes and he said he's 99.% certain either it's a center pin issue or a flat out bad board.

It's a short, im dragging out 3-4 volts a pull! the F******************! - ripped my efest out of that puppy as fast as i could.

- I had all the basic warning signs, - sporadic dry hits - odd heatups and suddenly hot ass RDA's.

I'm gonna contract luxyoun tomorrow and let you guys know the results. I'm definitely going to cover everything.

right now I advised others heed caution. I steered away from Sig 150 for this exact problem only to have it happen to me anyways. I'm over SX1200/1500/350 rigged boxes. And from my understanding the clone boards are 99.9% fail rate. Wish i had more experience with chipsets and box's in general. It's just me and my paragon until I fix my or buy a new box

the only plus to the box mod is that it's unmatched at firing everything when it was fully functional with no issues. What potential.....what waste

today - i join you nic - incomes the fury

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
But wait....

We have two new members that have vaped their Luxyoun boxes for a SINGLE day, telling us how awesome these are, and they are top notch quality.....

I have not had any trouble with my wife's Cloupor mini, but am not doubting the mini's are pieces of shit. I won't buy another Cloupor, and I am not gonna tell others how great Cloupor is based on my ONE mod working right.

Cloudy_Redneck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
50+ people in a group buy still vaping on theirs for over a month now...still no issues to report on theirs either...

Cloudy_Redneck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@freemind. Post up some pics of your device. Specifically, the battery sled, and the battery door (mounted, from the side)

The clones that are being sold from alibaba, and outside of the manufacturer, has a different sled, and battery door. I just want to compare notes. Your MOD might have been a clone...a buddy ordered a clone on purpose, and is sending it to me for inspection. I'll post pics when it gets here...

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, small update.

Gravity sensor... I think it's more of a pain than useful. You have to access the settings to use it, then it's just way too sensitive. In my personal opinion, a waste. You can adjust the watts much easier using the buttons.

The hit counter resets after 999. After 1438 hits still going strong.

I did fry my 1.6 coil. I'm assuming because I had it up to high. 40-50w. It just seemed to taste the best up there. The 1.8 seems to work well at 18w. Freshly installed it read 1.9ohms, so I'm also assuming that the meter is off a bit. It does read the 1.6 accurately though.

You can charge and vape. That's a plus. I'm going to bring an extra set of batteries and see how these last without plugging in. I was charged at 4.17v when I unplugged a few hours ago, now at 4.04v.

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But wait....

We have two new members that have vaped their Luxyoun boxes for a SINGLE day, telling us how awesome these are, and they are top notch quality.....

I have not had any trouble with my wife's Cloupor mini, but am not doubting the mini's are pieces of shit. I won't buy another Cloupor, and I am not gonna tell others how great Cloupor is based on my ONE mod working right.
I never said that it was top notch. I said that my initial review was great. I have also stated several times that I haven't had mine long enough for a quality score.

As of now, it's working just fine.

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But wait....

If this goes bad, I have no problems with posting it. NONE.... I have already mentioned two negative things (Luxyoun shipping a cloned Nautilus and the gravity sensor)

If it does go belly up. I may try the Tesla, Sigelei, or Cloupour. Whichever I lean towards with definitely be a dual battery design though and capable of on board charging.

Cloudy_Redneck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I never said that it was top notch. I said that my initial review was great. I have also stated several times that I haven't had mine long enough for a quality score.

As of now, it's working just fine.

He's still reaching for some sort of relevance in an attempt to regain his credibility. I've yet to see where his MOD is not functioning properly...

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He's still reaching for some sort of relevance in an attempt to regain his credibility. I've yet to see where his MOD is not functioning properly...
I don't think he'll be happy unless everyone hops on his hate wagon. Wonder if someone at Luxyoun slept with his boyfriend. Or perhaps he put a hot coil on his blow up doll.

Just saying...

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was talking to the office girls and how I think that Freemind may need a custom mod. Came up with a great name.

The Kock-Cano by Power Dong

Kinetic charger - must rub the fuzzy glowing balls to charge the 'unit'

Pressure sensor - sensor goes behind the head. This way it seems more natural holding the back of his head while inserting the Kock-Cano.

Cloudy_Redneck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here is my thoughts on what happened.....

FreeMind purchased what he believed to be an AUTHENTIC Mod from FlyNic, (who also believed it to be an authentic MOD) FlyNic purchased the Unik from alibaba, and loved it. So he purchased a few Smaug MOD's from alibaba, or some weird website, (after learning about it through a Luxyoun rep) because they are cheaper than direct-buys from Luxyoun.
FlyNic sold it as an authentic MOD, because he believed it was. A few weeks into their vaping, the clones messed up. Since it says, "Luxyoun" on the MOD, Luxyoun should have to cover it, right? WRONG. It is a CLONE...never went through their production facility, but was indeed made in some sweatshop somewhere.
Luxyoun refused to warranty the Unik because they have no record where FlyNic purchased the MOD from them. FlyNic got pissed, posted on here that his Unik was junk. FreeMind seen the post, and was unhappy with his fingerprint-magnet, so decided to (for no reason) hop on the hate-wagon.
An unfortunate series of events....but in the end we learned what? Not to buy clones. Lesson over, kiddies.

OR, that could be me over-imagining things....LOL.

Either way, my Smaug works well, so far. As has the other 50+ Smaug MODs purchased in the same group-buy. So it seems possible that they received ones from a bad batch (IF they originated from Luxyoun) Sorry for your luck, if that's the case.

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here is my thoughts on what happened.....

FreeMind purchased what he believed to be an AUTHENTIC Mod from FlyNic, (who also believed it to be an authentic MOD) FlyNic purchased the Unik from alibaba, and loved it. So he purchased a few Smaug MOD's from alibaba, or some weird website, (after learning about it through a Luxyoun rep) because they are cheaper than direct-buys from Luxyoun.
FlyNic sold it as an authentic MOD, because he believed it was. A few weeks into their vaping, the clones messed up. Since it says, "Luxyoun" on the MOD, Luxyoun should have to cover it, right? WRONG. It is a CLONE...never went through their production facility, but was indeed made in some sweatshop somewhere.
Luxyoun refused to warranty the Unik because they have no record where FlyNic purchased the MOD from them. FlyNic got pissed, posted on here that his Unik was junk. FreeMind seen the post, and was unhappy with his fingerprint-magnet, so decided to (for no reason) hop on the hate-wagon.
An unfortunate series of events....but in the end we learned what? Not to buy clones. Lesson over, kiddies.

OR, that could be me over-imagining things....LOL.

Either way, my Smaug works well, so far. As has the other 50+ Smaug MODs purchased in the same group-buy. So it seems possible that they received ones from a bad batch (IF they originated from Luxyoun) Sorry for your luck, if that's the case.
I will say... If they bought a single battery Unik.. Just with my own electric knowledge, I can't see it lasting long. I personally think that is way too much of a step up for a single battery. 1424111768315149572141.jpg

Cloudy_Redneck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will say... If they bought a single battery Unik.. Just with my own electric knowledge, I can't see it lasting long. I personally think that is way too much of a step up for a single battery. View attachment 14689

Surely not...anyone with any decent modicum of sense should know 100watts on one 18650 is a bad idea.....

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For shits and giggles, I hooked up an extra Qi receiver coil for my Note 3 to the battery sled. IT DOES WORK. But the system doesn't recognize it as charging. I would need to wire it in to the usb connection. There is such a bird's nest of wires in there mostly hot glued in place, I'm not sure I even want to mess with it.

For now I took it back out. Last thing I want is a battery melt down from overcharging. If I tie into the usb, the device will at least regulate the charge.

Please let me know if anyone has experimented with this and their thoughts.

Cloudy_Redneck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A quick review of my Smaug 150 watt coming later today.....

Last edited:

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine came direct from Luxyoun and my box came with a real heavy duty usb charge cord, didn't see you say it had one included?

BTW today was the 1 month mark with my mod.

Cloudy_Redneck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine came direct from Luxyoun and my box came with a real heavy duty usb charge cord, didn't see you say it had one included?

BTW today was the 1 month mark with my mod.

Yes, mine came with a USB cable. But I would think even the clones would as well.

Mine is still rocking like a boss.

Mr. Furious

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here is a quick review of my Luxyoun Smaug Mod.

Cathy Ye at Luxyoun had told me that there is no Smaug V2. If you happened to see a Smaug V2 like at Kelly Vapes. It is actually a Elitel with a magnetic door. I actually asked Kelly about this today, and they confirmed that their listing was wrong.

Otherwise great review. The inside looks identical to the Unik. As far as charging goes, I use my 2.1a Samsung Note 3 charger and it pumps up pretty quick. I can't see taking the screws out every day. Just begging to lose them.

I ran mine yesterday from about 9am until 6am this morning on a single charge using 20w.

I'd do a video review, but with my ADHD, it'd start off good up end up on how to talk to giraffes or some crazy shit after 5 minutes. Lolol

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This week I've been running a big dripper, at .3 ohm, 150 watts. I usually do a mechanical box with .5 and under, but wanted to just give the Smaug a good workout this week. Other than draining the batteries pretty quick, works great. Using it daily for a month now.

Smaug 3.jpg

VU Sponsors