Become a Patron!

Modfather Inc 30mm RTA

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Iknow , but surely they cant do that the whole point of that board is to allow us to use as we want

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
I don't know and tbh at the prices their charging I never will.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
What makes that worth 4 times the price of other DNA mods? don't see it

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Got my decks!
48195a653f76345ddfc34f34c2053869.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pre ordered start of December from vape geek an still waiting

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not only that but I only use SS. I set all my DNA'S up by the type of tank I'm running with the tanks graphic. Guess I can't do that on a Boss. That's crazy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Iknow , but surely they cant do that the whole point of that board is to allow us to use as we want

I've sent them a contact and asked for them to clarify the disclaimer, let's see what their response is.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might of read it Wrong but since it says he has done all the work to set it up , so its for peole that dont know how to use Dna mods ??
An any changing of setting will void warranty what other settings is there , on a dna mod other than escribe setting ??? , Since Evolve allows you to change them all why shouldn't any other mod maker , Daniel says in his Review that the setting are wrong which he Tested the Ni80 , SS an TI an said there all off , ??

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What makes that worth 4 times the price of other DNA mods? don't see it
It depends on which mod you choose what finish an such for the the prices the do a full lazer realism 3d graphics but the lipo is soldered in a none Removable ,

Ive just got a Vt box 250 dna for 87£ fits 30mm atties so im good for now if i get another mod Sx mini g class with 550j board will be my next mod i think
2bcfcd773d523f66f65a4f84724cc54a.jpg

I used a code when i Ordered mine an got 30£ off from cheap vaping deals for GearBest , on a pre Order its arriving in coming week ,

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
You're gonna like the postless deck, Anthony.....I can foretell another video comin soon.....:wave:
Yup still working on the modfather review. Gonna take the coils out of my regular deck. Clean them. And throw them in the postless tonight

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I pre ordered start of December from vape geek an still waiting

Oh u meant company lol sorry. I ordered directly from modfather via Facebook

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If they reply lol

Well they responded -

Thanks for your interest! No, screen settings, programs and other end user features can be modified. We only ask that you do not adjust the manufacturer's battery settings under the manufacturer tab in escribe.

Makes sense the battery settings, so I guess they don't have issue with that. What they really need to do is modify that disclaimer for technically they could deny warranty if you change the settings with it written the way it is.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
YUCK!

Both set's of series and postless decks came with Allen grub screws for me, but I got them a few months ago.
Mine have flat as well. Had to pull out a cell phone repair kit as I didn't have a small enough flat head in my building box lol

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine have flat as well. Had to pull out a cell phone repair kit as I didn't have a small enough flat head in my building box lol

yeah I don't get how people say flatheads don't strip, they're the worst to strip next to phillips. If you've got decent Allen Keys they don't strip. I think why Allen grubs have gotten the reputation in the Vape world of stripping is due to people use the cheap ass key included in the goodie bag. Either that or one of two things, they don't seat the key in far enough or have a cheap ass Allen Key set.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
yeah I don't get how people say flatheads don't strip, they're the worst to strip next to phillips. If you've got decent Allen Keys they don't strip. I think why Allen grubs have gotten the reputation in the Vape world of stripping is due to people use the cheap ass key included in the goodie bag. Either that or one of two things, they don't seat the key in far enough or have a cheap ass Allen Key set.
i agree with you. hex key is the best, then flat, and Phillips is worst

Coletrain182

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a Vaporized Nomads Apocalypse LE box mod and love it! Works excellent and is a really quality built box. I have nothing but good things to say about JC and Adam. I sent them several emails and texts and they responded rather quickly. I paid 456.00 total for my box. That included shipping. But only 100 were made and it came with a Apocalypse RDA with the same serial number as the box. I don't regret spending the money and would buy another one from them if I had the money. And just for me to be fair I also have 2 Mad Modder Boxes too that are also very well made boxes as well. This is just my 2 cents though. Just letting you guys know my experience with them. And I don't keep up with that UTube reviewer so really can't say anything about him. I did watch a little of his review and he does bring up some good points that I think VN could pick up on and change in the future to become a better company. I rely on Matty Ice for product reviews. Anywho hope everyone had a great Christmas and hope every one has a Happy New Year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Vaporized Nomads Apocalypse LE box mod and love it! Works excellent and is a really quality built box. I have nothing but good things to say about JC and Adam. I sent them several emails and texts and they responded rather quickly. I paid 456.00 total for my box. That included shipping. But only 100 were made and it came with a Apocalypse RDA with the same serial number as the box. I don't regret spending the money and would buy another one from them if I had the money. And just for me to be fair I also have 2 Mad Modder Boxes too that are also very well made boxes as well. This is just my 2 cents though. Just letting you guys know my experience with them. And I don't keep up with that UTube reviewer so really can't say anything about him. I did watch a little of his review and he does bring up some good points that I think VN could pick up on and change in the future to become a better company. I rely on Matty Ice for product reviews. Anywho hope everyone had a great Christmas and hope every one has a Happy New Year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
$400 - $500 for a regulated Mod in an aluminum Hammond Box IMO is obscene. Now it's put together nice but at the end of the day it's a regulated Hammond Box, IMO $250 max. I've got a 92% pure Silver parallel Mod, hand crafted, hand engraved, pure artistmanship and that cost me $500, that was worth it. 280 grams of 92% Silver. The 3000 Boss is a high priced Aluminum Hammod box ...........

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me watching DJLSB review

uhuh....yep....cool....yep...oh good he is stripping it down a bit...nice, oh I see he can solder too.....man he says 'hands down' a lot....uhuh....yep...you know I thought DNA75s went through batteries quick too, this guy is :0 WOAH!! Man he vapes like a fucking gimp...damn dude you should start your own company and call it GimpVape, damn! Fuck that.

:D

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me watching DJLSB review

uhuh....yep....cool....yep...oh good he is stripping it down a bit...nice, oh I see he can solder too.....man he says 'hands down' a lot....uhuh....yep...you know I thought DNA75s went through batteries quick too, this guy is :0 WOAH!! Man he vapes like a fucking gimp...damn dude you should start your own company and call it GimpVape, damn! Fuck that.

:D
Well if you can do a better job then him, be as technical and as honest as Daniel then why don't you?

Clouds Bro :rolleyes:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Daniel is as good a reviewer as anyone else. I don't think he is better than anyone else or worse than the others either, it was just a joke. A lot of the technical stuff is pointless, if your mod says 43w when it is doing 40w does it really matter...can you not just turn it up a bit to taste? Crud builds up on your coils, cotton goes through stages of breaking down, wire properties change over time due to usage ....you have to change settings appropriately - to taste. People buy stuff for different reasons too, for some people it is about value, for some people it is exclusivity, for some people it is purely functional and for some it is convenience, different strokes for different folks. Your perceptions, your pre-conceptions and your expectations will alter your experience - some people honestly believe their clones are better than their authentics..some people say their authentics are honestly better than their clones. Both sets of people are being honest. I believe DJLSB stated he thought the KFv5 clone he had was better than the authentic. There are so many different things that go into making your experience what it is that the only really honest and valid review is your own, try it...if you like it then buy it. I would always recommend going to a B&M and trying a device over anyone else's opinion....including my opinion. If you don't vape like me, if you don't have the same level of disposable income as me, if you don't treat your devices the same way as I do then my opinion is not much use to you. :D

Coletrain182

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Daniel is as good a reviewer as anyone else. I don't think he is better than anyone else or worse than the others either, it was just a joke. A lot of the technical stuff is pointless, if your mod says 43w when it is doing 40w does it really matter...can you not just turn it up a bit to taste? Crud builds up on your coils, cotton goes through stages of breaking down, wire properties change over time due to usage ....you have to change settings appropriately - to taste. People buy stuff for different reasons too, for some people it is about value, for some people it is exclusivity, for some people it is purely functional and for some it is convenience, different strokes for different folks. Your perceptions, your pre-conceptions and your expectations will alter your experience - some people honestly believe their clones are better than their authentics..some people say their authentics are honestly better than their clones. Both sets of people are being honest. I believe DJLSB stated he thought the KFv5 clone he had was better than the authentic. There are so many different things that go into making your experience what it is that the only really honest and valid review is your own, try it...if you like it then buy it. I would always recommend going to a B&M and trying a device over anyone else's opinion....including my opinion. If you don't vape like me, if you don't have the same level of disposable income as me, if you don't treat your devices the same way as I do then my opinion is not much use to you. :D

Agreed! Well said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coletrain182

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
$400 - $500 for a regulated Mod in an aluminum Hammond Box IMO is obscene. Now it's put together nice but at the end of the day it's a regulated Hammond Box, IMO $250 max. I've got a 92% pure Silver parallel Mod, hand crafted, hand engraved, pure artistmanship and that cost me $500, that was worth it. 280 grams of 92% Silver. The 3000 Boss is a high priced Aluminum Hammod box ...........

Well congrats for your 500.00 dollar 92% silver parallel mod. I don't think that's just a silver box you paid 500.00 dollars for. But that's you. If that's what you like then two thumbs up for you! I was just telling you my experience with VN and how I liked my box. That's my 2 cents. Yes I know It's a aluminum box. And I've built my own 26650 parallel Hammond box before. But I wanted one from them. So I bought it. That's what I liked. So was not stepping on any dicks just giving everyone my two cents. I've never watched Daniels UTube channel and probably never will. That's just me. I have my own guy I like for reviews. If he doesn't review it then most likely I won't buy it. Six or half dozen y'all have a good day!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well congrats for your 500.00 dollar 92% silver parallel mod. I don't think that's just a silver box you paid 500.00 dollars for. But that's you. If that's what you like then two thumbs up for you! I was just telling you my experience with VN and how I liked my box. That's my 2 cents. Yes I know It's a aluminum box. And I've built my own 26650 parallel Hammond box before. But I wanted one from them. So I bought it. That's what I liked. So was not stepping on any dicks just giving everyone my two cents. I've never watched Daniels UTube channel and probably never will. That's just me. I have my own guy I like for reviews. If he doesn't review it then most likely I won't buy it. Six or half dozen y'all have a good day!

I just brought up my Pilak as an example.

I agree that if you're happy with it that's fine, but there is a point of where it's getting into price gouging and price gouging to an extreme.

To me the poster child is the O-Addy RDA, it's a Narda Clone and they charge $150-$200 for it but there is an element of people flock to it. Additionally Tanks like the Doggy Style, plastic chamber and plastic Tank, $150 t o$200 and again same thing.

Yes if someone want's devices like these, have the money for it, more power to them. But at the same time bringing up the ridiculous price also serves a purpose. That is from everything from new Vapers not knowing any better to letting the company's who charge the insane price's that there are those of us calling them out.

Just because it has a high $$$ attached doesn't mean it's quality ;)

starlord1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Still can't decide between this or the upcoming aromamizer plus.. decisions.. decisions.. :crazy:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Follow up with my post, example I have is the AX1 by Vicious Ant. I bought it on an impulse buy when I was first getting into rebuilding, thought it looked really cool. Came to me covered in machine oil, I fucked with it for a month dead set on making a build work on it. The design of the piece of shit would always slice your leads, I finally was able to get a simple build in it. It was something around an Ohm, vaped it at around 18w and it burnt the shit out of my lips. I paid $125 for the piece of shit, ended up literally throwing it off my roof I was so pissed. I watched a few reviews and they all had the same issues with that piece of shit. I wish I would have seen them before buying it, but oh well.

Moral of the story is what I mentioned, just because something has a high price doesn't mean it's worth it. That and Caveat Emptor ;)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

I agree that if you're happy with it that's fine, but there is a point of where it's getting into price gouging and price gouging to an extreme.

To me the poster child is the O-Addy RDA, it's a Narda Clone and they charge $150-$200 for it but there is an element of people flock to it. Additionally Tanks like the Doggy Style, plastic chamber and plastic Tank, $150 t o$200 and again same thing.

Yes if someone want's devices like these, have the money for it, more power to them. But at the same time bringing up the ridiculous price also serves a purpose. That is from everything from new Vapers not knowing any better to letting the company's who charge the insane price's that there are those of us calling them out.

I agree with the price gouging. I remember the panzer Blackhawk and it was a 50 dollar flashlight being sold for 200 bucks for the tube part lol. I brought an hcigar clone iirc of it for like 30 bucks. Some things are way overpriced IMO. Especially mech tubes and unregulated boxes which are mostly Hammond enclosures with a few wires a mosfet and a 510 pin and they sell them for hundreds. The markup on most vape gear is well In the 500% range if not more. That's crazy. Standard mark up on most retail items is 65-70% even juice is crazy. Some companies charging 30 bucks for a 30ml and the cost to make is like 2 dollars. This a 1500% markup

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with the price gouging. I remember the panzer Blackhawk and it was a 50 dollar flashlight being sold for 200 bucks for the tube part lol. I brought an hcigar clone iirc of it for like 30 bucks. Some things are way overpriced IMO. Especially mech tubes and unregulated boxes which are mostly Hammond enclosures with a few wires a mosfet and a 510 pin and they sell them for hundreds. The markup on most vape gear is well In the 500% range if not more. That's crazy. Standard mark up on most retail items is 65-70% even juice is crazy. Some companies charging 30 bucks for a 30ml and the cost to make is like 2 dollars. This a 1500% markup

Especially with juice, prices have come down significantly but IMO juice come down %50 more. I know a couple of commercial juice makers and while the raw cost of juice is very low other costs come into play. Not only labor, tax's, etc. but there is business costs like ISO certification, ISO labs are not cheap to set up and maintain, then marketing, etc. etc.

But yes there still is a very high profit margin, why do you think Government wants to get a piece of the action ;) Like any criminal organization they demand to get their beaks wet.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Especially with juice, prices have come down significantly but IMO juice come down %50 more. I know a couple of commercial juice makers and while the raw cost of juice is very low other costs come into play. Not only labor, tax's, etc. but there is business costs like ISO certification, ISO labs are not cheap to set up and maintain, then marketing, etc. etc.

But yes there still is a very high profit margin, why do you think Government wants to get a piece of the action ;) Like any criminal organization they demand to get their beaks wet.
I don't mine the government getting a piece I mind them killing it though

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I should sell my collection of NarDa's and NoPity's on Ebay......:devil:

VU Sponsors