Become a Patron!

New God 180 Box Mod - 180 Watts

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know you are the local Electrical expert so why does my IPV V3 go up to 8.5 is that just the boost or? sorry me not electrical Engineer Computer I understand all the math and theory but am weak on the chips and what they do
so the 8.5 it is boosting it as the input is 1-7 so is the IPV V3 running in series ? I thought it was Parallel by the specs of a 40amp output sorry me confused

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All multiple battery regulated box mods will be in series..at least the Chinese ones we're talking about. Edit- actually haven't looked into clouper much at all, due to "explosive updates."

I'm far from an expert..I just push buttons on certain things, that push electricity into electrical equipment..kinda mirrors this industry a little bit..but not much.

Do you have a volt meter? I'm thinking yihi did that to leave room for possible updates to change the circuit..weird to think that an algorithm can do that..

http://www.yihiecigar.com/news_info/YiHi-SX330-V3-S-150W-n59643.html

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All multiple battery regulated box mods will be in series..at least the Chinese ones we're talking about.

I'm far from an expert..I just push buttons on certain things, that push electricity into electrical equipment..kinda mirrors this industry a little bit..but not much.

Do you have a volt meter? I'm thinking yihi did that to leave room for possible updates to change the circuit..weird to think that an algorithm can do that..

http://www.yihiecigar.com/news_info/YiHi-SX330-V3-S-150W-n59643.html
I do have a volt meter what ya want me to do

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Crank up the displayed voltage to 8.5 Volts, and measure that sucker..
Edit- you don't have to do it with a resistor attached either.

dougward1960

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
watts anyone need 250 watts for. what we need is atomizer companies to come up with better atomizers to work with these high powered mods not sure what needs to be different but something. if i knew id be rich fast i do have a couple ideas but the attys would be HUGE lol

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
watts anyone need 250 watts for. what we need is atomizer companies to come up with better atomizers to work with these high powered mods not sure what needs to be different but something. if i knew id be rich fast i do have a couple ideas but the attys would be HUGE lol
I very rarely get at or above 30watts. I got 100. It\s nice for burning coils. I have not found an atomizer that would take 100 + watts for very long. Cotton or Rayon is going by-by at that power.

These MEGA MODS may bring back the use of ceramics for wicks... Only thing I can think of that can take that amount of power...

Sent from Gallifrey using a Sonic Screwdriver via Tardis #5 :what:

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
fat wire and lots of air flow. 22 gauge at .2 ohms, 70-80 watts on my drippers no burnt hits. Nice warm vape and lots of it. It's all in the air flow.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I run a mephisto with dual 24 gauge 15 wraps around a 3mm pin. Runs about 0.8 ohms. I set the God
180 at 120 Watts and it is a nice vape. But I normally leave it at 60 Watts with this setup.

Chainvapor :)

I've been running a CLT V2 with a dual Clapton build. 6 wraps around a 3mm bit. Ohms out at .45 and vapes great at 120 watts. The God 180 is tuned to "mean" watts instead of "rms" like every other mod out there. That's why it seems like the settings are way off. You get used to it after a while and adjust your wattage appropriately.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The God 180 has come down quite a bit in price these days. It's been extremely dependable for me. I have it for the battery life. Can't beat those triple 18650's mods. I hear a lot of things about troubles with other mods buttons not working, melting when charging (I Stick 50) and assorted other things. You can knock this thing all you want for being 180 watts that you don't really need but it is very dependable.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
These MEGA MODS may bring back the use of ceramics for wicks... Only thing I can think of that can take that amount of power...

Sent from Gallifrey using a Sonic Screwdriver via Tardis #5 :what:

I am actually testing a tank now that uses a ceramic wick. 0.50 ohms. Right around 32 watts is where I like it.

Maybe later I will drink one too many beers and decide I want to see what it does at a straight 100 watts.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Megatron 260 also. It's 260 watts but I don't use it for that. It's been so incredibly dependable it's amazing! I have vaped the God 180 at 180 watts and the Megatron 260 at 260 watts. Just to see what it was like and what kind of clouds it would blow. Having done that I can tell you from experience it's dangerous. It's only for extremely experienced vapers to try. It can burn your lung tissue right out. There's no need for nothing more than 100 watts! It is nice to have the "Option" to use more wattage if deemed necessary. People might make fun of these things but I laugh all the way to the bank. I read about all of their problems in the posts while I'm vaping for a long time the trouble free boxes everyone makes fun of. Actually 99.9% of vapers never heard of the Megatron 260. You can go and spend $200.00 or $300.00 on a high end box mod or like a $100.00 on one of these and use the rest of the money on something else! Both of these boxes have been amazing and trouble free. There just bigger as expected because of the 3 18650's.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been running a CLT V2 with a dual Clapton build. 6 wraps around a 3mm bit. Ohms out at .45 and vapes great at 120 watts. The God 180 is tuned to "mean" watts instead of "rms" like every other mod out there. That's why it seems like the settings are way off. You get used to it after a while and adjust your wattage appropriately.

Actually they fixed the power problem in the "Version 2" Firmware. I have both versions and the version 2 runs in "RMS" Wattage and vapes just like any other Variable Wattage mod I own. Just lasts a lot longer on a charge! :)

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like a 1 ton pickup that only hauls 800lbs around...
Yup yer right. But besides a god180 that never sees more than 60 watts and normally a mere 50 watts.I gotta 2 ghz computer that I replaced my old 486 with and I still mostly surf the web and do email with it.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But you get it for the battery life and dependability. That's the major point !

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I absolutely love the improvements in our "hobby" so far. God knows I don't need them, but I have 3 box mods on the way. If I don't spend my money some prick will spend it after I'm dead. The downside of having no family at all.
How I love this Kanger Giant w/ Sigelei 100. Blood Orange I made is nice too.

VU Sponsors