Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
really? Do you know that for sure? I'm just curious is all why would they license it to kamry? So they're the exact same mod then. Why does the kamry specs say it can go down to .3 anf6the smy says .5?
lol, she just told you two post up...they are sister companies...just a written discrepancy.

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
Well I finally got my God 180 in. First off it is huge. It makes the Sigelei 100W look small. Too big to comfortably hold for me. The battery sled doesn't hold the batteries in place too well on it's own but the case cover has a nice foam pad that will help keep them from shifting though. The power output is far too much for me. And the PWM becomes a major turn off when trying to find where you really want to vape at. My normal 50 watt build tasted burnt at 50 watts on this but fine at 40. While I liked the overall look of the case, the black groves ended up looking cheap. The beauty ring at top is just plain ordinary aluminum. But the 510 was a bit wobbly so make sure you move that beauty ring up a bit to stabilize your atty. For a device in the 100+ watt category I really would have liked to see an adjustable 510. All and all I think it was a dud start for SMY. If you are going to come out with a high wattage mod and it's the first high wattage mod you've ever done you need to make damned sure all the i's are dotted and all the t's are crossed and it has to be top notch. This fell below the mark for me personally. But that's ok cause a friend of mine absolutely loved it despite my misgivings and snapped it up from me for a little more than I paid for it lol.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I now have a GOD180 mod in hand. It works. That is as much credit as I will give it. The wattage setting is a MILE off. I am vaping a Mephisto RDA with wide open air , 24 gauge Kanthal A1 wrapped 11 times around a 1/8 pin. On my ohms tester this is almost exactly 1.0ohm. The device reads it at 0.56 to 0.75 depending on it's mood. I tried vaping it at 30 watts (which on my DNA 30 is a pretty cold vape) and it burnt the shit out of my juice and wick. I am now vaping it at 15 watts and it is not too bad. The moral of the story..............It will work and you can get a good vape out of it, but you can forget everything you know about ohms law and real wattage settings, because this device is not even close to accurate. I have another one coming from Slowtech and I will compare the 2 different ones to see if the next one is any better because I have to believe the one I have is a DUD considering how far off the settings are.

CV :(

P.S. If this mod was $40 or so, I would expect the shortcomings and would be happy that it works. But for $100+ I expect a little better, even from China.

Last edited:

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi,this is celia from kamry,our kamry 180 mod is not clone,our company and SMY are sister company,we sell the same thing in same price.

really? Do you know that for sure? I'm just curious is all why would they license it to kamry? So they're the exact same mod then. Why does the kamry specs say it can go down to .3 anf6the smy says .5?
Talk to her... they're sister companies.

Edit..oops..tapatalk.. took me to bottom of page.. but

there was another.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks guys , you pretty much solidified why i had so many doubts about this . Brand new and unproven , looked cheap to me from the pics but i wasn't expecting the electronics to be so wacky .

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys , you pretty much solidified why i had so many doubts about this . Brand new and unproven , looked cheap to me from the pics but i wasn't expecting the electronics to be so wacky .
Could be a few isolated units, or they could all be glitchy. I figured there would be more discussion by now but maybe their sales were weak.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Their sales are weak because they didn't take advantage of the free publicity they would have received by sending out a few units for early review.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Their sales are weak because they didn't take advantage of the free publicity they would have received by sending out a few units for early review.

Ok, I am using mine today and it is consistent. I am vaping a 1.07ohm single coil 24 gauge 11 wraps around 1/8 pin on a Mephisto RDA with wide open air. At 15-18 watts I get a decent vape, fairly warm, and nice clouds. If I jump too far up it just burns the crap out of my juice and wick. So maybe it is not all bad. If I can keep it at 18 watts and blow nice clouds I would say it is a keeper. But I would not recommend it to others. If you set it at 18 watts, it should be 18 watts. The chipset on this device is WAY off. I had a 0.16ohm dual coil 20 gauge build in this same Mephisto on a Copper Nemmy before I received the GOD180 mod and it was a much better setup to me. I will keep playing with the GOD180 and see what kind of builds I can get on it. I do not like going under 24 gauge because I do not like working with tiny wire.

CV :)

P.S. If they are all like mine, I know why they did not send any out for early review!! :eek:

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are you measuring the mod, or gauging it being "off" from experience with mechs?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
LdS4i17.png

YAY impulse buy!

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Update - Ok I built a dual 24gauge 15 wrap around 3.5mm pin on my Mephisto and I can run it up to 60 watts. Seems the wattage becomes more accurate once the batteries have lost some of their charge. I will keep you posted on future tests. I can say that I am loving the clouds and flavor from my dual coil mephisto setup.

CV :)

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have to agree: the PCB inside looks cheesy, and so does the machining of the grooves on the outside. But hey, at that price, it's the most powerful acrolein generator money can buy :)

dougward1960

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have to agree: the PCB inside looks cheesy, and so does the machining of the grooves on the outside. But hey, at that price, it's the most powerful acrolein generator money can buy :)

i dont think most vapers will be running it at 180 watts. most want it for the 3 batteries. and at normal vaping settings no acrolein will be produced.. just about every mod made will produce acrolein if your on the fire button long enough

kamry's celia

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol, she just told you two post up...they are sister companies...just a written discrepancy.
Hi,I am sorry I just see the message now. it is 0.5-4ohm not 0.3-3ohm,sorry for delay reply:):)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hi,I am sorry I just see the message now. it is 0.5-4ohm not 0.3-3ohm,sorry for delay reply:):)

You're sorry for the late reply?? Err, this is not your thread Kamry's celia, no one is waiting for your reply. o_O But your presence here makes a good point, it in fact makes my point. You have not added anything of substance to the discussions here about this device, you are just here to encourage a sales lead where you can find one... no other reason. :rolleyes:

dougward1960

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
just got an email Vapor Tek USA has scheduled your order for shipment! and a tracking number

BeirutVet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just got mine on pre sale. $107, arrived 11/5. Won't fire below .5 ohms. No ramp up time. Still playing with it. Big BIG friggin HUGE! Vaped it for 2 days on one charge.

dougward1960

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i got mine today i didnt think it was that big. but its bigger than most because of the 3 batteries but it fits my hand perfectly and i dont have big hands

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
Got mine from VaporTek and it is the Kamry version.The software also says version 2. Hope this means they changed the power from MEAN to RMS. Works fine so far but haven't really had a lot of time with it. Bought it with the Istick and the size difference is huge.

Anyone else have the version 2?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Mine is a V2. It is really on top of stepping down. You CAN vape at 180w, but if you are rocking less than 1ohm, it wont be for long.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad I watched every review on youtube & read everything I could find before I made my choice for a Sigelei 100 watt. I tried 100w one time. It knocked MY dick in the dirt! $90.00 is a hell of a lot of money to me. I was so close to buying a 180w it ain't funny.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glad I watched every review on youtube & read everything I could find before I made my choice for a Sigelei 100 watt. I tried 100w one time. It knocked MY dick in the dirt! $90.00 is a hell of a lot of money to me. I was so close to buying a 180w it ain't funny.
Yeah the Sigelei 100w and the IPV V3 use the same chip just to give you and idea of the power at 150wats I was trying out someone's version of Heisenberg and accidentally put it on150watts forgot about the memory function. at .2 ohms with a saturated Rayon clump haha a 1 second draw burned the Rayon unusable I had to replace it right away.. alot of that is the way my coils are set up its not good for the lancia hahah and its too big and scary

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Oddly, people (not referring to you) seem to forget that the God Box will vape at a paltry 20w if that is what pleases. As I tell people, "This is a regulated mod for every vaper....beginner to adventurer"

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oddly, people (not referring to you) seem to forget that the God Box will vape at a paltry 20w if that is what pleases. As I tell people, "This is a regulated mod for every vaper....beginner to adventurer"
So is the Sigelei and the IPV V3 the original YIHI V3 chip would not allow you to vape under 4.2 volts(IPV V2) no matter what now you can and for me thats important for some of my stuf

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That wont help you if it has blown the back aluminum slab of and wedged into your dick :)

Hoping to cut down on the D _ _ _ comments , about to dry heave.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

How awful , i mean you got to be a big time pussy to only vape at 20 watts LOL. You have to stop making it so easy for me .

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
How awful , i mean you got to be a big time pussy to only vape at 20 watts LOL. You have to stop making it so easy for me .
I always assume you are lurking somewhere!!! LOL

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Locals know that I spend about 75% of my time vaping on a dual 18650 unregulated box mod. Truth is, I would surrender all of me regulated ones before I'd even think of handing over my mechs and boxes.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I always assume you are lurking somewhere!!! LOL

These threads don't allow you to see who is participating and present so it's easy to lurk .

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Locals know that I spend about 75% of my time vaping on a dual 18650 unregulated box mod. Truth is, I would surrender all of me regulated ones before I'd even think of handing over my mechs and boxes.
Same they are al nice toys but simplicity like the Wheel sometimes just win in the end

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One time back in the 80's I had a bad trip and saw this huge Eddie Van Halen Head attacking me when I see @VH fan post its like a flashback but not a bad one just a one..

Holy cow man i would of freaked . A friend of mine said he had a bad trip once and when he opened his gas cap to fill up his car he swears a giant orange popped out and was rolling after him and if he didn't get away and the orange caught up to him he would turn into orange juice .

Other people filling up were like WTF man, dude was running all over the place.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Holy cow man i would of freaked . A friend of mine said he had a bad trip once and when he opened his gas cap to fill up his car he swears a giant orange popped out and was rolling after him and if he didn't get away and the orange caught up to him he would turn into orange juice .

Other people filling up were like WTF man, dude was running all over the place.
Yeah I am not joking it was not a bad trip really just a trip Yeah it didnt last long but I had to run cause the heads was biting at me hahah

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bad trip? ..must've been mislabled stp or something.:)

The bun is in your mind.

So is the Sigelei and the IPV V3 the original YIHI V3 chip would not allow you to vape under 4.2 volts(IPV V2) no matter what now you can and for me thats important for some of my stuf
The ipv3 is a buck only chip 1-7 Volts.

The IPV2/sx330 v2 has a 3.6 Volt regulated minimum.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bad trip? ..must've been mislabled stp or something.:)

The bun is in your mind.

The ipv3 is a buck only chip 1-7 Volts.

The IPV2/sx330 v2 has a 3.6 Volt regulated minimum.
What do you mean 1-7 volts expand and what do you mean by buck only I think you have something amiss as their are deviations of the V3 chip

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never mind I remember but I am pretty sure that the IPV V3 will 1 -8.5 maybe Im off

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Two types of regulators:buck and boost.

Buck means it takes a higher voltage signal, and drops it down to below the input..

Boost would be the opposite, taking a lower voltage input, pulling more current from the source to create a higher voltage signal than it's input.

Yes..there is something screwy with the sx330 v3. .cuz the original sigelei's used a buck and boost chip..according to several fuckers on the intranet..but I've not held the smy nor sig100. Edit-but the smy doesn't matter in this particular post, regarding yihi chips.

...but the IPV3 has a 1-7Volt
O
U
T
P
U
T
:)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Two types of regulators:buck and boost.

Buck means it takes a higher voltage signal, and drops it down to below the input..

Boost would be the opposite, taking a lower voltage input, pulling more current from the source to create a higher voltage signal than it's input.

Yes..there is something screwy with the sx330 v3. .cuz the original sigelei's used a buck and boost chip..according to several fuckers on the intranet..but I've not held the smy nor sig100.

...but the IPV3 has a 1-7Volt
O
U
T
P
U
T
:)
I know you are the local Electrical expert so why does my IPV V3 go up to 8.5 is that just the boost or? sorry me not electrical Engineer Computer I understand all the math and theory but am weak on the chips and what they do

VU Sponsors