Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Ok, so no one had a problem with that "metal" 510 connection ring, the tinny toy like sound of those buttons, and the fact that the .6ohm pre-juiced coil and wick caught fire after being fired for like 2 secs at 180W ??? o_O I mean .. I would hate to be the recipient of that toot. :eek: And there are no vent holes for three 650, and some heat sink ribbing is not good enough.

Last edited:

kamry's celia

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know the official price tag on it yet?

If its same price as vaporshark.. (which i doubt) i deff like the look better of this (minus the SMY symbols everywhere)
Hi,this is celia from kamry.our company and smy are sister company,anything you want to know,you also can contact me.:):)

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, so no one had a problem with that "metal" 510 connection ring, the tinny toy like sound of those buttons, and the fact that the .6ohm pre-juiced coil and wick caught fire after being fired for like 2 secs at 180W ??? o_O I mean .. I would hate to be the recipient of that toot. :eek: And there are no vent holes for three 650, and some heat sink ribbing is not good enough.
I can understand having an almost sealed unit..Eliquid and moisture is a really scary factor dealing with tech like this...for instance, my IPV2 is getting warm now when I fire it..it does have vent holes though.. and with the shitty battery cover... I'm sure I'll be ok if it randomly melts down..

I understand your concern though, but between efficient heat distribution and temperature protection, I'll use it.. I'm not going to buy it for more than $80 though.lol... to clarify, this is conjecture on the fact that they did it properly..cuz it is very possible, but you can't sue a Chinese company for redesigning your face &body..:/

I think I traded you some liquid on ecf..I got Frankenvape and lemon creme from you..I forget what I gave you.. suicide bunny?

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years

Let's see, do I have a problem with the 510 ring. Nope. Do I think it's odd to have a removeable 510 ring that allows access to an ego connection? Yes. But that being said I understand wanting to make a device that can be used by anybody. The buttons don't sound any different than the buttons on my Sigelei or the buttons on other mods I've used. As for the 0.6 ohm coil catching on fire, I've seen that happen when someone's priming and readying their build for a cloud competition. Once the shroud is on and airflow is going, it doesn't get hot enough to do that. If done properly, heat sink ribbing is adequate for helping keep the batteries cool. But to be honest, vent holes aren't really for cooling purposes anyway, they are to allow gases to escape if the battery suffers a thermal event. Not something that is likely to happen on a mod that only goes down to 0.5 resistance. But honestly I think you are caught up in the idea that this device goes up to 180 watts. I'm sure there are a few that will get it and play with it at that level just to say they did so. But that's not what I think most of us will use this for. I think a lot of us are buying this for the battery life 3 18650's will afford. Not to mention I can vape a 2 ohm build around 50 watts at a nice safe 5 amp current. I doubt everyone that buys a high horsepower sports car does so to drive around at 200+ mph everywhere they go.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the iStick does use PWM as well as voltage calculation using mean instead of RMS. Apparently giving it a huge thumbs down from pbusardo.

If I recall correctly what he said was that he was giving it a thumbs down in the hope that it would encourage Joyetech/Eleaf/Ismoka to switch to using Vrms to calculate power.

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good point, bigdaddy.... every time I dry burn my estia, it's usually got a little juice all over the deck, and I always get some flames.. and it's even happened with wicks installed...~0.3 Ohms on a 12 Amp fused, telescoping mech..pretty of voltage loss in that.lol.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I can understand having an almost sealed unit..Eliquid and moisture is a really scary factor dealing with tech like this...for instance, my IPV2 is getting warm now when I fire it..it does have vent holes though.. and with the shitty battery cover... I'm sure I'll be ok if it randomly melts down..

I understand your concern though, but between efficient heat distribution and temperature protection, I'll use it.. I'm not going to buy it for more than $80 though.lol... to clarify, this is conjecture on the fact that they did it properly..cuz it is very possible, but you can't sue a Chinese company for redesigning your face &body..:/

I think I traded you some liquid on ecf..I got Frankenvape and lemon creme from you..I forget what I gave you.. suicide bunny?

I didn't see any evidence in that video of efficient heat distribution or temperature protection .. I don't trust Chinese manufacturer specifications, so I would like to see this particular aspect explored and tested a bit further for the sake of safety.

And you made me giggle, but no, Its wasn't me that you traded juice with on ECF. I have never traded anything on ECF, only sold a few things in the classies. :)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Let's see, do I have a problem with the 510 ring. Nope. Do I think it's odd to have a removeable 510 ring that allows access to an ego connection? Yes. But that being said I understand wanting to make a device that can be used by anybody. The buttons don't sound any different than the buttons on my Sigelei or the buttons on other mods I've used. As for the 0.6 ohm coil catching on fire, I've seen that happen when someone's priming and readying their build for a cloud competition. Once the shroud is on and airflow is going, it doesn't get hot enough to do that. If done properly, heat sink ribbing is adequate for helping keep the batteries cool. But to be honest, vent holes aren't really for cooling purposes anyway, they are to allow gases to escape if the battery suffers a thermal event. Not something that is likely to happen on a mod that only goes down to 0.5 resistance. But honestly I think you are caught up in the idea that this device goes up to 180 watts. I'm sure there are a few that will get it and play with it at that level just to say they did so. But that's not what I think most of us will use this for. I think a lot of us are buying this for the battery life 3 18650's will afford. Not to mention I can vape a 2 ohm build around 50 watts at a nice safe 5 amp current. I doubt everyone that buys a high horsepower sports car does so to drive around at 200+ mph everywhere they go.

But that is precisely my point, battery venting in the case of thermal runaway, I wasn't talking about heat dissipation during use ... if God forbid that should occur within this mod, there is most likely going to be an explosion. And I have to disagree that a thermal runaway is unlikely to happen just because this mod only goes down to .5 ohm.

Thermal runaway can be brought on by a short, overcharging, and plain ole defective or damaged batteries ... There is a vaper who recently suffered "gun shot like" injuries when his Ego battery exploded from being recharged with a generic charger. It is considered unacceptable to have a mechanical mod without proper battery venting for a single 18xxx series battery. Why would it be acceptable to have a 180W box mod that holds 3 18650 batteries to not have adequate battery venting in case of thermal runaway?

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok...I guess I confused you from someone...cuz your avatar from that time frame was very similar to hers..love your avatars..beautiful, and like a different person is in each one.

I hate my brain...stuff like that should be erased.lol.. I guess my brain doesn't produce enough of that neurotransmitter, responsible for "cleaning up"-to simply sum it up, so I use something that is identical to it, to help with this redundant memory storage..doesn't seem to be working. :)

But I would love to evaluate this mod..

Cuz it CAN be done.. perfectly safe..but here's another monkey wrench.. quality control.

If it does actually work safely, then quality control has to be tight.. it's not just about it being China controlling that..it comes down to human error..which can occur a lot more in poor working conditions.

Another 2 monkey wrenches...

The safe use of this mod comes down to the user.

And what batteries are you getting? How many buying this mod have the capability to test a battery to confirm it is legit? I don't have really fancy equipment for low voltage testing, but I do have the capability..edit- a lot of counterfeit batteries are pouring out.. and even more will come..so very scary.

More- Do you rotate the batteries, like with a mech- haven't heard anything solid on using series in regulated...it looks like everyone keeps them in the same orientation? Are there capacitors and/or inductors tied in with the batteries?

It can be done, but just from the few things I just thought of posting this, it's pretty convoluted. (I tried to find a clip or meme of the "trippy complex and cool" line from the south park episode=FAIL.)

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
But that is precisely my point, battery venting in the case of thermal runaway, I wasn't talking about heat dissipation during use ... if God forbid that should occur within this mod, there is most likely going to be an explosion. And I have to disagree that a thermal runaway is unlikely to happen just because this mod only goes down to .5 ohm.

Thermal runaway can be brought on by a short, overcharging, and plain ole defective or damaged batteries ... There is a vaper who recently suffered "gun shot like" injuries when his Ego battery exploded from being recharged with a generic charger. It is considered unacceptable to have a mechanical mod without proper battery venting for a single 18xxx series battery. Why would it be acceptable to have a 180W box mod that holds 3 18650 batteries to not have adequate battery venting in case of thermal runaway?

When I said unlikely, I meant under normal operating circumstances. You are correct in that a number of other things can cause it to happen, in which case, I doubt the casing is air tight to the point where it would blow someone's hand off. It's not a mech tube. And even over tightened screws on the case cover aren't going to stand up to the force of a venting battery. The reason a venting battery can cause shrapnel is because of how tightly they get sealed. Hence why mech mods that don't have proper venting can become akin to a pipe bomb. Realistically I don't see it as that huge of an issue, not only with this, but with any box mod. There's plenty of space inside them from the get go and the pressure will just force the gases out the seams of the cover plate. You know, for a verified reviewer, Nikkita, you've sure been awfully negative about this mod without it even landing in your hands yet. I'm still reserving my judgement on it until I get it and see how well or not well it's made as well as how well or not well it performs. I do have some hope for it. But honestly if I get it and don't like it, I'm sure someone will take it off my hands. But throughout this entire thread, you've been completely negative about it from the get go. From being offended that they won't send you one for free to review to knocking knocking how it looks along with everything else you can come up with. Most reviewers I know reserve their judgement of a product until after they've experienced it first hand. It's starting to look more like you have ulterior motives beyond safety or quality to me.

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
More- Do you rotate the batteries, like with a mech- haven't heard anything solid on using series in regulated...it looks like everyone keeps them in the same orientation? Are there capacitors and/or inductors tied in with the batteries?
)

Batteries should be married to a high wattage/voltage regulated mod. That means you buy the batteries at the same time from the same vendor, hopefully a reputable one. And make sure they are the same make ie all VTC5's or all Samsung 25R's. You charge them all at the same time and you use them only with the mod they were bought for. And you rotate their positions each charge cycle. I label my batteries A, B, and C along with the date and a letter or letters that I will recoginize that they go to the specific mod. And I move them over one position on the sled after each time they are charged. ABC, CAB, BCA, ABC so on and so forth. And you are right that only so much of it is going to be on the maker if something goes wrong. These mods are really for experienced vapers that have done their homework/research and know what they are doing. Someone that's never vaped before or has only vaped egos with CE3's getting their hands on one of these is like handing the keys to a brand new Lamborghini five minutes after they get their driver's license. That's why I've been real happy when I'm hanging out at one of the vape shops and I see one of the store employees actually steering newbies away from the high wattage mods or taking the time to thoroughly go over the intricacies of using one. Someone mentioned earlier their concern about the contacts on the naked pcb. PCB is made from layers of fiber glass which will stand up to heat better than the plastic used for most battery sleds. Also, I don't believe it's negative by the looks of it. I suspect it serves the secondary purpose of thermal monitoring. This device does feature thermal monitoring and displays the temperature on the screen. There's a lot of hope for this device. But at the same time, there's also a lot of potential FAIL waiting to happen if it's not well made and didn't go through some decent quality control. Quality control can vary by large degrees in China. But there's an awful lot of good electronics and computers that come out of China and perform quite well. Ipads, iphones, android phones, laptops, desktops etc. As I said in the other post, I'll reserve judgement until I get it in my hands and have had a chance to use it before I praise it or bash it.

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, I agree with her concerns...but I also would THINK there would be capacitance control implemented with any series mod, to keep batteries from leading each other.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Ok...I guess I confused you from someone...cuz your avatar from that time frame was very similar to hers..love your avatars..beautiful, and like a different person is in each one.

I hate my brain...stuff like that should be erased.lol.. I guess my brain doesn't produce enough of that neurotransmitter, responsible for "cleaning up"-to simply sum it up, so I use something that is identical to it, to help with this redundant memory storage..doesn't seem to be working. :)

But I would love to evaluate this mod..

Cuz it CAN be done.. perfectly safe..but here's another monkey wrench.. quality control.

If it does actually work safely, then quality control has to be tight.. it's not just about it being China controlling that..it comes down to human error..which can occur a lot more in poor working conditions.

Another 2 monkey wrenches...

The safe use of this mod comes down to the user.

And what batteries are you getting? How many buying this mod have the capability to test a battery to confirm it is legit? I don't have really fancy equipment for low voltage testing, but I do have the capability..edit- a lot of counterfeit batteries are pouring out.. and even more will come..so very scary.

It can be done, but just from the few things I just thought of posting this, it's pretty convoluted. (I tried to find a clip or meme of the "trippy complex and cool" line from the south park episode=FAIL.)

Ahahhaha .. you are so funny :D and thank you, I feel like a different person in each of my avvy's. My only issue now is that I am not quite sure who I want to be at the moment :p

Well you are absolutely right in that the "user" and their knowledge, habits, practices also weigh very heavily into the safety of this, or any electronic cigarette device.

I am also intrigued by the God Mod, have been since VC published the first product watch, I just still have more questions than answers at this point. And I am genuinely concerned with regard to the safety of this particular device. FT just listed it new arrivals today, which was surprising, yet not. Are you getting one? If so I will be very interested to hear what you have to say ..

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah...I remember for a while, you looked like someone you'd see outside of a mindless self indulgence show..with big glasses...very industrial look, really neat.lol..but I have trouble remembering how old I am..

But...no.. I'm not a guinea pig, learned my lesson with the IPV2 preorder...if I had the money, I definitely would buy it just to check it out...

Only considering(not really) it for the battery capacity, and the silver(really all colors) looks pretty neat, but too big for what I like in my pocket or hand(s)...

I've got some things in the pipeline.. I've been talking to a lot of precision metal shops...waiting on this one thing to happen, and that should get rolling. :)

PirateB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah...I remember for a while, you looked like someone you'd see outside of a mindless self indulgence show..with big glasses...very industrial look, really neat.lol..but I have trouble remembering how old I am..

Totally off topic but MSI....wow that's something I havnt heard in a while...saw one of their shows...interesting to say the least.

Carry on

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
When I said unlikely, I meant under normal operating circumstances. You are correct in that a number of other things can cause it to happen, in which case, I doubt the casing is air tight to the point where it would blow someone's hand off. It's not a mech tube. And even over tightened screws on the case cover aren't going to stand up to the force of a venting battery. The reason a venting battery can cause shrapnel is because of how tightly they get sealed. Hence why mech mods that don't have proper venting can become akin to a pipe bomb. Realistically I don't see it as that huge of an issue, not only with this, but with any box mod. There's plenty of space inside them from the get go and the pressure will just force the gases out the seams of the cover plate. You know, for a verified reviewer, Nikkita, you've sure been awfully negative about this mod without it even landing in your hands yet. I'm still reserving my judgement on it until I get it and see how well or not well it's made as well as how well or not well it performs. I do have some hope for it. But honestly if I get it and don't like it, I'm sure someone will take it off my hands. But throughout this entire thread, you've been completely negative about it from the get go. From being offended that they won't send you one for free to review to knocking knocking how it looks along with everything else you can come up with. Most reviewers I know reserve their judgement of a product until after they've experienced it first hand. It's starting to look more like you have ulterior motives beyond safety or quality to me.

So as I sit smiling, and happily reading your comment, all of a sudden the record skipped .. :confused:

To be clear, I was not at all "offended" that SMY did not want to provide any samples or beta units to me to review, because quite frankly they did not want to provide them to any reviewer, so that was hardly personal. If anything offended me it was that several sales reps began spamming VC with sales solicitations made in direct response to posters, all day, every day, over the course of a week or so once they realized our site had ran a product watch for the God Mod ... My only gripe with the company SMY was that it appeared that they were only interested in capitalizing on a market that they knew absolutely nothing about, and felt that they didn't need to answer to. o_O Its not about me, its about the community.

Did you read some of the other comments of early posters who had also tried to get some more concrete information about this 180W mod? It was frustrating to say the least. It is a fact that SMY didn't want to talk unless it was about a purchase. I have relationships with several China based manufacturers, and I have yet to encounter another manufacturer who was so persistent in pushing their product, yet at the same time so reluctant to provide the information that market needed in order to make an informed decision about this device... IMO this is cause for both reluctance and skepticism on the part of the consumer, which I am before anything else.

Clearly I was not alone in my skepticism because pre-order sales for this device fell well below expectation .. why? Too many unanswered questions, and unverified variables with regards to this device. Which is also why it is presently being sold on FT for considerably less than the initial wholesale asking price for this device ... it is also not an accident that suddenly this detailed video review has shown up as provided by originvape (thank you).

Instead of taking issue my viewpoint and perspective on this device, I would think that you would have more of an issue with the manufacturer who was literally doing their best to make sure that this device would be purchased site unseen, and specs unproven. Now that market sales have proved disappointing, they are willing to step up and try do to what the market was asking for a month ago. :rolleyes:

I am working with two Chinese manufacturers who I will not name now, but who are bit more established and proven in the market, one of which also happens to be working on a high watt box mod that is considerably higher than 180W .. Every question I have asked has been answered, they have even provided photos of the chip, the internals, the completed beta unit, and all device specifications. They are also preparing sample units specifically for the purpose of review before the device goes up for sale ... and that is how a reputable manufacturer should introduce new product to the market, particularly one of this magnitude, most especially if consumer trust matters to them at all.

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
Sorry Nikkita but you'll have to forgive my skepticism. While it may be true, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, that you are working with two manufacturers that are willing to spill the beans on their latest mods, that does not hold true for electronics manufacturers on the whole. I've been working in the tech industry for 20 years and it's rare to get a glimpse of the inner workings of something from most any company prior to production. Unless you are an engineer working for the company, or at least a very close friend with one, even getting a view of what's inside before it goes to production is difficult to say the least. Even Sigelei, who is arguably one of the easiest to get answers and info from, went through several different designs and at least three different chip designs before they went into production with the 100W box mod. And Provape was completely hush hush when they were working on the first Provari. So I don't find it odd or disconcerting at all that SMY was reluctant to give too much information out. Especially given how competitive the high wattage box mod market is becoming. Please understand I mean no offense whatsoever. I just don't understand the negativity when it's not in your hand yet to actually properly give an opinion. That's just my opinion.

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No...that would be a lethal electric injection...well..probably have to break the skin.

But stun guns are thousands of volts.

I could use it for a low voltage tester for my dad's patent..

It could be a heater... I'm sure you could make a really decent heater with this...take it with you hiking..if you're freezing..boom..heater, and ignite the forest in flames.... should've put a couple more coolant *edit drops* on the contacts..:)

Last edited:

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know...be like this hot dog....

..of course, there's a clip of the episode...but it cuts off before the hotdog gets cooked..:/oh well..post anyways:)

dougward1960

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if no vent holes are a big issue either drill some or get someone to do it for you. i bought mine for $109 not seeing where wholesale could of been if ft is $98 JS

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Sorry Nikkita but you'll have to forgive my skepticism. While it may be true, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, that you are working with two manufacturers that are willing to spill the beans on their latest mods, that does not hold true for electronics manufacturers on the whole. I've been working in the tech industry for 20 years and it's rare to get a glimpse of the inner workings of something from most any company prior to production. Unless you are an engineer working for the company, or at least a very close friend with one, even getting a view of what's inside before it goes to production is difficult to say the least. Even Sigelei, who is arguably one of the easiest to get answers and info from, went through several different designs and at least three different chip designs before they went into production with the 100W box mod. And Provape was completely hush hush when they were working on the first Provari. So I don't find it odd or disconcerting at all that SMY was reluctant to give too much information out. Especially given how competitive the high wattage box mod market is becoming. Please understand I mean no offense whatsoever. I just don't understand the negativity when it's not in your hand yet to actually properly give an opinion. That's just my opinion.

You are entitled to both your opinion, and your skepticism, just as I am mine ... do you see how that works? o_O

The only thing that I genuinely get from your opinions regarding my opinions is that somehow it bothered you to hear the voice of strong opinions and a perspective that runs contrary to not only your sense of reasoning, but also your product choices ... Now, like you there is no offense intended in my reply, but this is what I honestly feel about it none the less. :)

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
You are entitled to both your opinion, and your skepticism, just as I am mine ... do you see how that works? o_O

The only thing that I genuinely get from your opinions regarding my opinions is that somehow it bothered you to hear the voice of strong opinions and a perspective that runs contrary to not only your sense of reasoning, but also your product choices ... Now, like you there is no offense intended in my reply, but this is what I honestly feel about it none the less. :)

No strong opinions don't bother me. Let's see if I can clarify it for you. What would you think of a movie reviewer that gave a complete thumbs down review to a movie based on a 3 to 5 minute trailer instead of actually watching the movie? That's what's putting me off what you say concerning the mod. Does that make sense?

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
No strong opinions don't bother me. Let's see if I can clarify it for you. What would you think of a movie reviewer that gave a complete thumbs down review to a movie based on a 3 to 5 minute trailer instead of actually watching the movie? That's what's putting me off what you say concerning the mod. Does that make sense?

The majority of my criticism was directed toward the attitude, disposition, and practices of this manufacturer, and the manner in which they presented this device to the market, way more so than the device itself. My "criticisms" of the device were the fact that is doesn't look nearly as "polished and refined" as it appeared in early promotional photos, and the "mystery metal" of the 510 connection ring ... which looks plastic in photos, and was described as "metal" by origin vapes in their review video. Not stainless, aluminum, or silver plated brass, but "metal" ... Err, what kind of metal? o_O

My legitimate concerns regarding the functionality of the device are specifically the apparent lack of ventilation which should always be a concern and question to any consumer of electronic cigarette products. To state that there is heat sink ribbing on the sides of the internals is NOT good enough for ME. Heat dissipation and adequate battery venting are not the same thing in my book ... What you accept into your life and hands, is your business. ;)

I have a high wattage mod, I made it, and it can put out 250W and fires down to .1ohms ...it uses a car battery, the chip is made in Zimbabwe, you wanna buy it? I give you best price :D

My questions and concerns are based on my knowledge, and experience with regard to electronic cigarettes, and the basic criteria that I look for in ANY new device, whether I have in it hand, or I am reading the specifications for a device as they have been presented by the manufacturer.

I have not made a single concrete statement of fact as to whether this device is good or bad, but what I did say is that based on the information provided, or lack thereof that I am left with more questions, than answers about this device, and therefore I am not sold on it... Most especially since it is a 180W mod holding 3 18650 batteries made by a manufacturer who is relatively inexperienced in manufacturing high wattage devices. What part of that did you miss?

Now, why my opinions as they were expressed here matter to you so much is completely beyond me. I am not shy to tell you that your opinion regarding the foundation of my opinion has an absolute factor of zero to me, and what makes no sense is why you continue to address me as though it matters ... it does not.

In the future, if you find that you do not agree with what I have said, and am still saying, then feel free to ignore it ... What I think, what I say, and what I do is for the sake of the members of this community who understand the value of their dollar, and the worth of their business, and who also demand to KNOW exactly what they are getting, and what it will do once they got it. I am not here for those who want to close their eyes, throw it up in the sky and hope that it doesn't come down as shit.

With that being said, I am officially checked out of this convo ... there is an article regarding a 260W device that will include a photo of its chip that requires my attention.:D

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have not made a single concrete statement of fact as to whether this device is good or bad, but what I did say is that based on the information provided, or lack thereof that I am left with more questions, than answers about this device, and therefore I am not sold on it... Most especially since it is a 180W mod holding 3 18650 batteries made by a manufacturer who is relatively inexperienced in manufacturing high wattage devices.

I appreciate that kind of thinking , best not to make any statements that sound factual when it's impossible (at this point) to know what the truth is regarding this device.

Much harder to get burned by approaching it this way .

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
Meh, but you needed 8 paragraphs to basically tell me that you have zero opinion of my opinion of your opinion. Enjoy that 250 watt mod that can fire down to 0.1 ohms. Considering If you've bothered to actually read any of my previous posts you'd have noticed I have zero interest in subohming. So not sure what the point of that tidbit of information was either.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
97901972f8d8f3a461cdb096f76dfc94.jpg

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't read the whole 5 pages but did anyone see that kamry cloned this mod all ready? There is a pre order on ebay for the kamry version and looks just like the smyversion it also fires down to 0.3 to.

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know why someone would clone this mod...but I'm not part of "the business."

Are they doing anything different with it? I remember hearing about this a month ago, but this is the first I'm hearing of it actually happening..

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know why someone would clone this mod...but I'm not part of "the business."

Are they doing anything different with it? I remember hearing about this a month ago, but this is the first I'm hearing of it actually happening..
It can vape at .3 and the smy can only go to .5 other than that I don't know.I was just curious I have no interest in getting either of them. Just seemed strange a Chinese mod is gettin the clone treatment lol

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It can vape at .3 and the smy can only go to .5 other than that I don't know.I was just curious I have no interest in getting either of them. Just seemed strange a Chinese mod is gettin the clone treatment lol

If a mod sells well it will get cloned lol, but i don't think this ones sales figures are even known. Probably cloned because of the 180 watts , 180 watts always sells well.

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seems strange you would make a 180 watt mod, but would only make it able to go down to 0.5ohms o_O
Not at all..it's actually pretty smart.. The notion you need to use coat hangers to get huge clouds is a silly notion..

We used larger and larger gauges with mechs because we had to to get that power...but there's a catch 22..there's more surface area to heat up. Think about it..you're using a certain gauge wire on a mech. You're not satisfied with the vapor production out of it...so you add more surface area to the equation..sucks..I love them, but I love my "power up&down" buttons.

I'll give you a blog that breaks it down better.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...cker-wires-actually-give-you-warmer-vape.html

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will agree with Nikki that the 510 connection needs improvement. Really a ego thread on a high power device. Like someone is going to stick a c4 clearo on this thing. If they weren't going to put vent holes in the device, then the door should have been held on with magnets. I wouldn't want to have that thing go into thermal runaway with a screwed on cover and no venting.
Not a bad device. It just needs a few improvements.

Last edited:

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seems strange you would make a 180 watt mod, but would only make it able to go down to 0.5ohms o_O
They did fire a .41 ohm coil in the video.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Even weirder, on the alibaba pages for the clone some pages showed kamry logo's on the mod while others showed both SMY and Kamry. Perhaps some sort of half-assed partnership?
Edit: So - sister company - strike the half-assed.

Last edited:

kamry's celia

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I didn't read the whole 5 pages but did anyone see that kamry cloned this mod all ready? There is a pre order on ebay for the kamry version and looks just like the smyversion it also fires down to 0.3 to.
Hi,this is celia from kamry,our kamry 180 mod is not clone,our company and SMY are sister company,we sell the same thing in same price.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

The Kamry is not a clone. It is SMY with different name tags

CV :)

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Kamry is not a clone. It is SMY with different name tags

CV :)
really? Do you know that for sure? I'm just curious is all why would they license it to kamry? So they're the exact same mod then. Why does the kamry specs say it can go down to .3 anf6the smy says .5?

VU Sponsors