Become a Patron!

New to mods, just got a SMPL, need some info

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think more people get hybrids for the way they look than they do for eliminating voltage drop...I'm not interested in volatge drops, I got the surfrider because it was an authetic well made device on a ridiculous sale.and I needed a new mod, my old one had gone the way of the buffalo...
Not me bud...Performance and the best possible vape for my money spent always trumps looks...I've had several mechs that were a waste of money, like the Nemesis and Big Nasty that had the pin top cap and didn't vape worth a damn compared to a mech with a hybrid..but that's just me doing what it takes to keep me tobacco free..
Now my mechs sit on the shelf lately especially when I got two Reuleaux RX200 mods seen here..Got into mechs 3 yrs ago but truly don't vape them much these days.
0d6e80438aa048c326a9b5195cf13139.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not me bud...Performance and the best possible vape for my money spent always trumps looks...I've had several mechs that were a waste of money, like the Nemesis and Big Nasty that had the pin top cap and didn't vape worth a damn compared to a mech with a hybrid..but that's just me doing what it takes to keep me tobacco free..
Now my mechs sit on the shelf lately especially when I got two Reuleaux RX200 mods seen here..Got into mechs 3 yrs ago but truly don't vape them much these days.
0d6e80438aa048c326a9b5195cf13139.jpg

I only vape gennys and so voltage drop is not that much of a concen not many genheads vaping .2 ohm.....like Mr. Scary I never liked sucking on a limp wick.

Last edited:

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well we wouldn't want to bore you so fuck off. I merely asked you a simple question..does your mc nugget tank have a fixed or adjustable center pin....whether or not it's possible to drive the pin up with enough force.

from post #38:
by the numbers..........
deck/510/POS(outer pin)
Velocity/.020"/.157" adjust510
Kennedy/.018"/.160" fixed510
Phenotype-L/.021/.159" adjust510
SMT/.019"/.176" fixed510

if you can't pay attention, then i think you should be the one saddling up.....and fuck off.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only vape gennys and so voltage drop is not that much of a concen not many genheads vaping .2 ohm.
Oh, cool..
I tried gennys but all had tight airflow and I could not do lung hits..they were like sucking on a skinny straw..knew if I was to remain tobacco free I had to find something with a better nic delivery...So I got into mechs, learned ohms law and started building RDA's..now its RTA's like the awesome Griffin..makes me wonder what is next, lol

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
from post #38:
by the numbers..........
deck/510/POS(outer pin)
SMT/.019"/.176" fixed510

if you can't pay attention, then i think you should be the one saddling up.....and fuck off.
Do you often get told to fuck off...pretty much everyone is bored with your idotic rants about modding your Mc Nugget tank...why don't you go play out in traffic and refine the design on your latest modification of the "bubble suit".....
deck/ nobody cares
velocity/ dumb idea
advice to newbies/dangerous
use of the language/clumsy.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, cool..
I tried gennys but all had tight airflow and I could not do lung hits..they were like sucking on a skinny straw..knew if I was to remain tobacco free I had to find something with a better nic delivery...So I got into mechs, learned ohms law and started building RDA's..now its RTA's like the awesome Griffin..makes me wonder what is next, lol

they're all about flavor...they give the best flavor...and as a smoker of 30+years they most closely mimiced the experince of smoking ...you do recall after all that most drippers came with a stock 1 or 1.5 mm airhole back in the day....

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you often get told to fuck off...pretty much everyone is bored with your idotic rants about modding your Mc Nugget tank...why don't you go play out in traffic and refine the design on your latest modification of the "bubble suit".....
deck/ nobody cares
velocity/ dumb idea
advice to newbies/dangerous
use of the language/clumsy.

i get told to fuck off quite often. usually it happens then i have a valid point.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't look like that would work on a SMPL.

I thought you were talking about ones like these
HTB1f.8AKXXXXXa2XFXXq6xXFXXXD.jpg
a smpl mod is not a hybrid mod..it doesn't have a hybrid top cap.....we were talking about hybrid mods. now something like that may work in a nemmy..not sure.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i get told to fuck off quite often. usually it happens then i have a valid point.
yes yes einstien the frequency of you getting told to fuck off doesn't reflect on you a bit..it is a simple reaction to a vastly superior intelligence having to slog through a world of neanderthals....or..maybe you're just an asshole and people would rather not have to deal with you....these are the questions we have to ask.....

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
a smpl mod is not a hybrid mod..it doesn't have a hybrid top cap.....we were talking about hybrid mods. now something like that may work in a nemmy..not sure.
Huh?? SMPL mod does use a hybrid and its built into the tube
4ebfbddc173a6bb7faa8698eedc4a861.jpg
and its non removable seen here...lololol

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
SMPL/Noisy Cricket is hybrid in modern usage of the term. I know it used to be something different.

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yes yes einstien the frequency of you getting told to fuck off doesn't reflect on you a bit..it is a simple reaction to a vastly superior intelligence having to slog through a world of neanderthals....or..maybe you're just an asshole and people would rather not have to deal with you....these are the questions we have to ask.....

tell me how you really feel.........

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what's a Mc nugget tank?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It seems to just be what Pulsevape calls any subohm tank, quite angrily and with great frequency. It's quite endearing
not at all ....not angrily at all I think they're cute...it's simpley a term of endearment much like say tootlepuffer..

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Huh?? SMPL mod does use a hybrid and its built into the tube
4ebfbddc173a6bb7faa8698eedc4a861.jpg
and its non removable seen here...lololol

It's a hybrid style, but not hybrid in the sense of the true hybrid mods...with them you have the hybrid adapter that allows you to really get a good look at the connection and make sure the pin was far enough down and the 510 connector wasn't too far down I thnk the adapters are much safer.because they are easier to inspect. maybe it's paranoia but I'm always worried about being able see exactly how things are fitting together.

Last edited:

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It seems to just be what Pulsevape calls any subohm tank, quite angrily and with great frequency. It's quite endearing
so is it a general dislike with suntanks in general?

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
from post #38:
by the numbers..........
deck/510/POS(outer pin)
SMT/.019"/.176" fixed510

Good luck guy, I hope you're just trolling.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
since the kennedy became the basis of comparison, here is my authentic with the protruding pin, i have yet to see a stock subtank with this much protrusion other than the eclipse by sov

temporary_zpsnkewcsls.jpg

a battery dented by a user
temporary_zpsssroj144.jpg

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See I am a Anti Troll, Troll, Troll, So see if you think out the Logic flow with this you will learn that it may be possible that I am just responding to a more serious issue.. For reference let me present you this.
you did that to fuck with my head didn't you.........that's one view but I prefer Dr. Mayfield's work on the subject....or Budhha's

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
since the kennedy became the basis of comparison, here is my authentic with the protruding pin, i have yet to see a stock subtank with this much protrusion other than the eclipse by sov

temporary_zpsnkewcsls.jpg

a battery dented by a user
temporary_zpsssroj144.jpg

That's what I'm saying. I have no idea if he even knows what a protruding positive 510 is. I went to my B&M and they let me screw a SMT on my NC hybrid cap. I posted the pics up thread that compare my 22mm Kennedy (newer) and the SMT but he's ignored them. He posted measurements that seem to be from the bottom of the deck to the tip of the 510. I think he thinks the whole 510 is what needs to be "protruding".

ETA: Check out the Triforce by CCI. It's pin is longer than my neighbors dogs' 4 inch clit.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's what I'm saying. I have no idea if he even knows what a protruding positive 510 is. I went to my B&M and they let me screw a SMT on my NC hybrid cap. I posted the pics up thread that compare my 22mm Kennedy (newer) and the SMT but he's ignored them. He posted measurements that seem to be from the bottom of the deck to the tip of the 510. I think he thinks the whole 510 is what needs to be "protruding".
I cant figure out what he's thinking. its a thread full of vets and people who were doing this when thenonly regulated mods out topped at 15w. Its not like anyone has anything to gain other than keeping people safe and stopping the negative news stories.
Sometimes people just have to win an argument on the internet. Even if it means putting someone else in danger.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A good example for a new vapor lf a protruding 510
the copper is the pin, it needs to stick out past the rest
temporary_zpsiwxnlhbf.jpg
temporary_zps8iae9bfk.jpg

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

ETA: Check out the Triforce by CCI. It's pin is longer than my neighbors dogs' 4 inch clit.
well if he doesn't know he's in for one rude awakening.

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well if he doesn't know he's in for one rude awakening.

I'm sure that's what we all don't want. I don't want that. I was telling my nonsmoking nonvaping wife about this and she told me to let it go but I can't. This guy has no idea what he's talking about or he's a troll. I have to post like he has no idea. I don't want him waking up from a comma wondering what is going on. I don't want noobs seeing "I can run a sub tank on my hybrid". I've been lurking here for the last four months. I've learned everything I know by reading posts or searching for posts so I can learn what I need to know. It's been great. This forum is a way better tool than steam-engine.com

Maybe I should give up but I can't. Four Awesome beers in and I need to talk myself into letting the chips fall where they may. He's going to blow up his face. We can't let that happen.

Normally I'm the lest serious person in the room.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sure that's what we all don't want. I don't want that. I was telling my nonsmoking nonvaping wife about this and she told me to let it go but I can't. This guy has no idea what he's talking about or he's a troll. I have to post like he has no idea. I don't want him waking up from a comma wondering what is going on. I don't want noobs seeing "I can run a sub tank on my hybrid". I've been lurking here for the last four months. I've learned everything I know by reading posts or searching for posts so I can learn what I need to know. It's been great. This forum is a way better tool than steam-engine.com

Maybe I should give up but I can't. Four Awesome beers in and I need to talk myself into letting the chips fall where they may. He's going to blow up his face. We can't let that happen.

Normally I'm the lest serious person in the room.
I'm sure it's okay he's been vaping on it for 3 weeks if he hasn't blown up by now I guess he understands the diffrence between a 510 connection and the center pin.

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
instead of posting pictures of your pins, how about measuring them like i did?

deck/510 exposed pin/outer threads
SMT/.019"/.176" fixed510

my apologies. i had the headers all fuck up. i just noticed it.

Last edited:

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm sure it's okay he's been vaping on it for 3 weeks if he hasn't blown up by now I guess he understands the diffrence between a 510 connection and the center pin.

OK

VU Sponsors