Become a Patron!

New to vaping seeking advice

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I started vaping 3 days ago to stop smoking for my wife and kid, and so far it's been great I just have alot of questions still on how everything works. I purchased the I taste MVP 2.0 energy edition which comes with the I clear 16B tank. I guess really what I'm wanting to know is what upgrades or mods do you guys suggest I invest in I am already wanting more smoke to produce and want to be able to better taste the juices any suggestions that are compatible with my vape or suggestions would be very much appreciated thx

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Glad you stoppeded smoking and you have joined us here:)

The MVP with the 16B tank is much better gear than I started with and for the time being I would just suggest you make sure that you have enough replacement heads available.

And you may want to try Bulk E-Juice and stock up on sample sizes to try. When you find the ones you like, you can purchase larger sizes.

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ty for the fast response , I'm not sure exactly what a replaceable head is but I know I have none ATM really I would like to better understand what every part is and does clearomizer atomizer etc.. Any suggestions on a guide ?

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glad you stoppeded smoking and you have joined us here:)

The MVP with the 16B tank is much better gear than I started with and for the time being I would just suggest you make sure that you have enough replacement heads available.

And you may want to try Bulk E-Juice and stock up on sample sizes to try. When you find the ones you like, you can purchase larger sizes.

so when did you become a moderator? did i miss something? so are you allowed to say BOOGER anymore? should i be ascared of you now? inquiring minds need to know.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
oh, and welcome to VU, dd :)

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
so when did you become a moderator? did i miss something? so are you allowed to say BOOGER anymore? should i be ascared of you now? inquiring minds need to know.

I think they were trying to kick me out of the forum and they hit the wrong button:D

And there is nothing in the VU rules about saying...

BOOGER

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Ty for the fast response , I'm not sure exactly what a replaceable head is but I know I have none ATM really I would like to better understand what every part is and does clearomizer atomizer etc.. Any suggestions on a guide ?

Your 16B tank has a little replaceable thing in the bottom that contains a coil and some wick material that converts you E-Liquid into Vapor.

http://www.hoosierecig.com/Innokin-iClear-16B-bottom-dual-coil-replacement-heads_p_855.html

The suckers wear out every week or two and need to be replaced so it is always good to have a supply on hand.

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
O okay what would I have to purchase in order to not have to change that so much also I heard cotton is better is that true?

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
O okay what would I have to purchase in order to not have to change that so much also I heard cotton is better is that true?
you will have to learn how to rebuild the coils, which is out of my realm. but there are lots of videos on youtube splaining how to do it :)

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks I will definitely look into it I eventually want to do this as a hobby

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think they were trying to kick me out of the forum and they hit the wrong button:D

And there is nothing in the VU rules about saying...

BOOGER

well, congrats on your promotion. you must be doing something right. :)

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

I think you are asking about RBAs (Rebuildable Atomizers).

They are really wonderful once you have all the stuff you need on hand and have taken the time to learn to build them.

Since you are new, I would tend to suggest you take a wee bit of time to adjust to vaping and use what you have.

But if you really want to take the plunge into rebuildables, we are happy to help you with that as well.

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would love to familiarize myself with RBAs I'm happy with what I have now but I know soon I will be wanting more plus everything about this fascinates me so if you guys don't mind the time to teach I'd be very thankful

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As far as juices go, I would suggest you give the guys at Mount Baker Vapor a try, www.mtbakervapor.com they have very good juices, great flavor and great prices! For the RBA's you can find a lot of videos on youtube that talk about how they work, and how to rebuild them. As for a good site to buy them from, it is important that you use a site that is trusted, I do not have an RBA, but I intend on buying the Russian 91%, it is also available from MBV and a plethora of other sites. It seams to have the most positive reviews out there. I do not work for MBV nor do I receive any free goods for recommending them, I recommend them due to my love of their juices and the trust I have built with them over the last few months, good people. I also use Madvapes.com and have had nothing but positive experiences with them.

http://www.mtbakervapor.com/advanced-e-cigs/the-russian-91-v2/

Kayfun and Kayfun clones get a lot of great reviews as well, here is a link to madvapes rebuildables.

http://www.madvapes.com/pv-parts/rebuildables-and-supplies.html?p=1

Hope this helps you out, grats on gettin off the stinkies, family is always the best motivator!

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I started vaping 3 days ago to stop smoking for my wife and kid, and so far it's been great I just have alot of questions still on how everything works. I purchased the I taste MVP 2.0 energy edition which comes with the I clear 16B tank. I guess really what I'm wanting to know is what upgrades or mods do you guys suggest I invest in I am already wanting more smoke to produce and want to be able to better taste the juices any suggestions that are compatible with my vape or suggestions would be very much appreciated thx
Hey DD TAKE A LOOK AT THESE VIDS.

http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/category/tutorials/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you all for the great help I will definitely be looking into this new info and look forward to sharing my experiences with you all as I learn

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
start dripping...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What would I need to do that..

Didn't you want more flavor and vapor??
That's the answer START DRIPPING, TANK SYSTEM WILL NOT MAKE you quit the nicotine cravings!
Drip on a 3-6 mg nicotine instead of 12-18mg on a tank system...
MODS/ATTY
I suggest get theCARTEL MODS MECH MOD/STILLARE ATTY by INFINITE,, If you have the money they buy the REAL ones... I hope this helps..

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What would I need to do that..

I drip myself to test new E-Liquids.

And that is then end of my use for them

If set up right drippers deliver really great flavor and vapor. And you can produce freaking clouds of vapor with them.

However, IMHO they are a PITA. and you need to feed them constantly drop by drip to use them. Hence the term Dripper.

Me I just want an RBA like the Kayfun series where I can install a coil and wick, fill with some tasty E-Liquid and enjyoy myself for a few hours and not have to screw with constantly adding liquid to it.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
MECH MODS AND DRIPPING IS NOT FOR NEWCOMERS TO THE VAPE WORLD. THAT IS A HORRIBLE SUGGESTION. Mechanical mods are for people that have knowledge of electricity, and or have done research into the field prior to running out and buying a set up. Work your way up to it,and you will be safer and much happier.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
somebody kick @ej1024 back to romper room please.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Didn't you want more flavor and vapor??
That's the answer START DRIPPING, TANK SYSTEM WILL NOT MAKE you quit the nicotine cravings!
Drip on a 3-6 mg nicotine instead of 12-18mg on a tank system...
MODS/ATTY
I suggest get theCARTEL MODS MECH MOD/STILLARE ATTY by INFINITE,, If you have the money they buy the REAL ones... I hope this helps..

ej1024

TIME OUT DUDE!

divingdragoon is a self admitted (and protected) "Noob" to the the whole vaping scene.

I totally get (hard to miss) that you think mechs and dripping are the vaping gods gift to the world and to many they are.

But DAMN IT not for newcomers!

I am a firm believer in the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America and I own enough weapons (collectibles) to start my own freaking war.

But I would NEVER give a toddler a fully loaded Colt 1911 .45 ACP with the safety off and say go have a good time!

Which is basically what you are suggesting by trying to convince a new vaper to got directly into mechs!

DD, my best suggestion for you is to take things slow like so many of us have done.

Learn the gear you have, (The MVP is a great choice by the way as well as the 16B) and then start considering RBAs and the like.

Take your time and don't let anyone push you!

Especially ME:D

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MECH MODS AND DRIPPING IS NOT FOR NEWCOMERS TO THE VAPE WORLD. THAT IS A HORRIBLE SUGGESTION. Mechanical mods are for people that have knowledge of electricity, and or have done research into the field prior to running out and buying a set up. Work your way up to it,and you will be safer and much happier.

Mech mods are not so complicated to learn....new drippers can always rely on YouTube,forums like this,vape shops staff are always very helpful, how long and how much money will you have to spend before getting the VAPING EXPERIENCE?? I SAY DRIP ASAP...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ej1024

TIME OUT DUDE!

divingdragoon is a self admitted (and protected) "Noob" to the the whole vaping scene.

I totally get (hard to miss) that you think mechs and dripping are the vaping gods gift to the world and to many they are.

But DAMN IT not for newcomers!

I am a firm believer in the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America and I own enough weapons (collectibles) to start my own freaking war.

But I would NEVER give a toddler a fully loaded Colt 1911 .45 ACP with the safety off and say go have a good time!

Which is basically what you are suggesting by trying to convince a new vaper to got directly into mechs!

DD, my best suggestion for you is to take things slow like so many of us have done.

Learn the gear you have, (The MVP is a great choice by the way as well as the 16B) and then start considering RBAs and the like.

Take your time and don't let anyone push you!

Especially ME:D
MAYBE 2 years ago, yeah I will not suggest dripping for NEWBIES, but come on now, dripping is not so complicated, u drip u vape boom!! You don't have to explore and waste money on this disposables tank system..he already said it he wants
FLAVOR
VAPOR
as long as you kept watching rip trippers on YT you be aight!!! IMO...
MVP? PLEASE....

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just love our under 23 crowd....

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Mech mods are not so complicated to learn....new drippers can always rely on YouTube,forums like this,vape shops staff are always very helpful, how long and how much money will you have to spend before getting the VAPING EXPERIENCE?? I SAY DRIP ASAP...

Would you possibly consider taking a hint?

After-all , there are more opinions other than yours!

SO I ASK YOU PLEASE TO STOP TRYING TO FORCE YOUR PERSONAL OPINIONS ON OTHERS!

You have already made your point so you should be able to rest easy now.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if i may, i would like to offer, a hybrid approach...
i am a less than 1 year vaper and i do this
your mvp is a good battery, your iclear 16B may or may not be cutting it for you...
concentrate on a tank system to get you comfortable and get you reaching for a vape instead of a cigarette
if you slip and need a smoke its ok...
but while you are new research and ask all questions you have
you can budget your cash to ensure you have replacement coil heads and eliquid and maybe start aquiring your supplies to start dripping...
kanthal (28g, 29g, 30g) , wicking material,(cotton, silica, ramie fiber), ohm meter, tweezers, large toenail clippers, sharp scissors
you dont need a mechanical to start dripping
i have an innokin svd topped with a nautilus mini
i am learning to drip with a magma clone (replica) and i have a 20 watt regulated battery to run the dripper
i can currently drip at 17.5 watts and run the nautilus at 9 watts
the regulated battery has protection in case you make a mistake
your mvp2 can take you to 11 watts, doesnt seem like alot to vapers with tons of experience, but a dripper with a 1.6 to 2 ohm coil
with some 6mg eliquid will get you started and as your budget is able you can purchase a 20 watt regulated battery and play with higher wattage dripping and different coil resistances and still have the tank atty to fall back on
i may be out of line but that is what i do and i am having a blast
ohms law is a must to know, a coil calculator isnt a must but helps a ton and a few cheap drill bits to wrap the coils on helps
my advice is to stay away from mechanicals until you know ohms law backwards and forwards, know battery safety backwards and forwards and have a trusted battery supplier
if im outta line someone will prolly chime in, but i think since thats what i do, you will be fine also
there are a ton of rebuildable dripping atomizers out there and a dozen 20 watt or higher batteries
what i have may not be what you like, but choose wisely

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would you possibly consider taking a hint?

After-all , there are more opinions other than yours!

SO I ASK YOU PLEASE TO STOP TRYING TO FORCE YOUR PERSONAL OPINIONS ON OTHERS!

You have already made your point so you should be able to rest easy now.

Ok uncle
VAPE ON!!

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am a firm believer in the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America and I own enough weapons (collectibles) to start my own freaking war

:D
That brought a tear to my eye,I think we may be related! And good on you for the advise to DD.

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
somebody kick @ej1024 back to romper room please.
From the looks of his advice ,I'd say he's already been kicked at least once.
He'll probably be the next one you hear about venting a battery and blowing his face off at another convention.
I drip,and I have no problems with it,I like it,but I would not recommend it to a confessed newbie as to be something to jump blindly into.
I get plenty of warm flavorful vapor from my tank systems,and they cure my nic cravings as well.
I like Rip too,but you are going to have to do a lot more research to fully learn what you need to know when you start pushing batteries
to their limits.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
From the looks of his advice ,I'd say he's already been kicked at least once.
He'll probably be the next one you hear about venting a battery and blowing his face off at another convention.
I drip,and I have no problems with it,I like it,but I would not recommend it to a confessed newbie as to be something to jump blindly into.
I get plenty of warm flavorful vapor from my tank systems,and they cure my nic cravings as well.
I like Rip too,but you are going to have to do a lot more research to fully learn what you need to know when you start pushing batteries
to their limits.

Thanks for you input.

And you are correct.

However.....................

Things here have been nicely sorted out and we are now all friends.

So please do not stir up the coals so we can have a fire again?

Just saying.............................................................................................

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
just for the record, i do just fine with my MVP2 and tanks. pulllllllleaaaase!
My 61 year old cancer surviving mother would tear someone's ass off if they tried to take her MVP and protank away from her. In fact she used to be sweet, waiting with her downtown someone came up semi hassling her about her set up and she barked at the "FUCK OFF!" (WAY TO GO MOM!)

Me on the other hand if I am out and about with my vtr and they pull that shit I will brain them with my varible brick. I still use the "fuck off or get fucked" when asked if I am dabbing.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for you input.

And you are correct.

However.....................

Things here have been nicely sorted out and we are now all friends.

So please do not stir up the coals so we can have a fire again?

Just saying.............................................................................................

so that's why they made you a moderator. ;)

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
My 61 year old cancer surviving mother would tear someone's ass off if they tried to take her MVP and protank away from her. In fact she used to be sweet, waiting with her downtown someone came up semi hassling her about her set up and she barked at the "FUCK OFF!" (WAY TO GO MOM!)

Me on the other hand if I am out and about with my vtr and they pull that shit I will brain them with my varible brick. I still use the "fuck off or get fucked" when asked if I am dabbing.

If you like to use your mod as a weapon, you really need to get a Dovpo E-LVT.

Just got one for review and you can easly cave in a skull with the sucker!

And it vapes really nicely!

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
so that's why they made you a moderator. ;)

I keep telling you they pressed the wrong damn button!

Apparently the ban for life button is right next to make the idiot a moderator button:eek:

By the way.............

Wait for it.....................

BOOGER

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I keep telling you they pressed the wrong damn button!

Apparently the ban for life button is right next to make the idiot a moderator button:eek:

By the way.............

Wait for it.....................

BOOGER

ahhh, i am now fulfilled for the day. :)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Honestly OP it is about finding what works for you... If a tank and mvp2 works for you great.
If you want to journey into dripping down the road great. Not everyone likes dripping and mechs or drippers on dna mods, but to each their own.

You have gotten into vaping to get off the suckies and in the best time when stuff is at an ever changing rate and getting way better.. back in the day you had 510s, 510 xls, 901 and 801... shitty stick batteries..Blue aquarium foam or tea bags..

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks everyone for the advice I love the MVP but hated the I clear 16b tank so I went and purchased the Nautilus mini and I love it its awesome! I would still want to learn more on rbas I am familiar with electricity I work with it daily however I still want to research it as for dripping I'd love to have one at home or a lounge but I work 12 hour days and don't have time to constantly fill at work. My question now is where can I go to further research rbas to where I can comfortably transition to rbas as I go

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks everyone for the advice I love the MVP but hated the I clear 16b tank so I went and purchased the Nautilus mini and I love it its awesome! I would still want to learn more on rbas I am familiar with electricity I work with it daily however I still want to research it as for dripping I'd love to have one at home or a lounge but I work 12 hour days and don't have time to constantly fill at work. My question now is where can I go to further research rbas to where I can comfortably transition to rbas as I go
Are you wanting clouds or flavor or a bit of both for a home set up?
Pure mech or dna style regulated?
How much do you want to spend?

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm willing to invest, I would like to have both clouds of vapor, and good flavor. I'm sorry to be so clueless but what's the difference between pure mech and DNA style regulated?

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
glad you found a tank atomizer you enjoy...
just google rba
also just ask here what rebuildable atomizer does everyone like/use/recommend
you like tons of flavor and respectable vapor if i recall
the veritas, magma and norberts origen are right up there
i have a magma clone by infinite...single or dual coil, large resevoir for eliquid, selectable air flow
many others will check in with their fav's
also a few might post some links to utubers that have excellent tutorial videos
good luck,vape on bro

divingdragoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man I've heard a lot about the tugboat is that a good one?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks man I've heard a lot about the tugboat is that a good one?
No personal experience on the tugboat but have heard good things.
Tobh clones are a good middle ground, or even a mutant x.
I hear good things about plume veils but mine completely sucks might have just gotten a shit one from a shit batch.
Also have not fooled around with a magma.
Pure mechs run off battery power only. 18650 all copper will last youa good long while with minimal voltage loss.
DNA style are regulated but higher wattages than pure mechanical.

Batteries you will want Sony vtc 4 or vtc5, mnke, or orbtronics to stay on the safe side.
Also a good charger like a nitecore i4 or above.

Spend the 15 bucks on a ohm meter.
These are just my points of view from my journey.. please find a local vaper with a sub ohm set up and see if it will be for you.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i dont know anything about the tugboats...
ive heard they leak alot and have the nickname "leakboat"
but dont have one so i speak with ignorance

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
weve been through this already...
hes a week into vaping
would rather he stayed with a regulated battery till hes got his feet wet