Become a Patron!

Next Generation MTL tanks Part 2

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one everything they've made along with Okl, DNA, sx35o, squonk and mechmods.
Everything gets equal use with me; I especially like using the Procyon and radius. The Procyon with a hadalay or bambino is actually a nice vape.
That said, I would trade the Procyon for a good parallel mechbox :)

BAM crew
Oh you mean the girly looking 50 watt upscale Vamo?
You could put those atomizers on just about any mod and get a good vape.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the Radius....to have one, too much mead that day.
Now, snake, I think you'd like squonking but I'm afraid it is not something you'll do because you have to build and I remember you saying you're no longer able to do it for health reasons. The only atty I know of that takes ready made coils at the No fear lazy and another No fear I don't remember the name of.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I got the Radius....to have one, too much mead that day.
Now, snake, I think you'd like squonking but I'm afraid it is not something you'll do because you have to build and I remember you saying you're no longer able to do it for health reasons. The only atty I know of that takes ready made coils at the No fear lazy and another No fear I don't remember the name of.
Hahaha
I don't regret either purchase (Procyon or Radius)
But I would certainly be happy to trade either one for something a little more 'me'

BAM crew

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had a radius when they 1st came out, but I was vaping at 35 watts in them days, so the battery life sucked, so sold it, 12 months or so after I sold it, I was vaping under 20 watts, so ended up regretting getting rid of it, as is a mod I have faith will last time, by the time I decided I wanted to get another one, provape was closing down, but eneded up getting a radius and kabuki off the classifieds for $225, most I had even spent in 1 transaction, but was happy to have one again, and heard good things about the kabuki, so wanted to try it anyway.

I still don't have a radius btw, because a week after I got it, my wife's tank had got home before me and her tank was bad, so she grabbed the radius and kabuki off my shelf, she liked it so much, I have not been able to pry it away from her since, have tried to get her on other mods, but nope she wants the radius, which is strange, as she does not like bigger mods, it took me 3 years to get her off pen batteries and onto a pico, and she always complained it was too bulky.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These are the only two squonk atties that take pre-made coils, as far as I know. http://www.vapinart.com/cart/NoCode-Tired-P2301.aspx and http://www.vapinart.com/cart/NoCode-Lazy-P2475.aspx and both are MTL. If I remember correctly, the one using the Aspire coils was better?
I appreciate the thought but squonking seems a bit upside down at least to me.Not trying to be an asshat here but fluid over heat makes more sense at least to my mind.
Hot pan cold oil! - The Frugal Gourmet.
But what do I know at this point I'm drunk as hell! :bliss::bliss:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I appreciate the thought but squonking seems a bit upside down at least to me.Not trying to be an asshat here but fluid over heat makes more sense at least to my mind.
Hot pan cold oil! - The Frugal Gourmet.
But what do I know at this point I'm drunk as hell! :bliss::bliss:
I must admit, it sounded "different" to me too! It's like dripping without the dripping parto_O:confused:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven't been on here for a while but I am all caught up but have to say I am not a big fan of squonking, however that is only because the atty that came with the dripbox 160 sucked! If I got a decent rda for it I might change my mind :)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven't been on here for a while but I am all caught up but have to say I am not a big fan of squonking, however that is only because the atty that came with the dripbox 160 sucked! If I got a decent rda for it I might change my mind :)
Origen Little is a very nice little squonk rda with great flavor and several air flow options. Another in that category is the No Fear Unlimited. Fixed air, look at Speed revolution.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
https://wholesale.3avape.com/second_storeview/vapefly-nicolas-mtl-sub-ohm-tank.html and https://wholesale.3avape.com/second_storeview/5pcs-pack-vapefly-nicolas-replacement-coil.html
In case you're wondering what's with the links, this is a relatively new tank with reportedly similar airflow as a Nautilus. The second link is for the coils, supposedly the 0.6 ohms are a bit better than the 1.8 ohms. I don't know yet, just ordered it along with a Megavolt (ecig city dot com $19.99)
Sense came out with the blazer nano.
1.8 ohm coil looks to be a good mtl option
https://m.fasttech.com/products/3099/10013579/7673602-authentic-sense-blazer-nano-tank-clearomizer

BAM crew
Tony (Vapor Trail Channel) did a review of both and on the same day!
Of the 2 I'd go with the Nicolas.
Looks easier to fill and it is less expensive.
Also seems like it can go from MTL to DLH quite easily which is a huge plus for all us bi-coastal vapers.

Nicolas Review

Sense Blazer Nano Review

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
20170609_170931.jpg You guys are letting this thread slowly "settle" to the bottom! What is going on?
I thought the Origen Little tank was very good but the volume it held (about 1 ml or so) was an annoyance I was willing to deal with because the flavor was so good. The Siren GTA was very good but... a bit too much air for my kind of MTL. Enter the Coppervape version of the Hussar RTA. Single coil deck, 5.7 ml. but you can also get the optional mini tank (about 3 ml) and the 1.3 mm air tube. All in all, a damn good, flavorful vape that is replacing the Origen.

Last edited:

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
View attachment 83987 You guys are letting this thread slowly "settle" to the bottom! What is going on?
I thought the Origen Little tank was very good but the volume it held (about 1 ml or so) was an annoyance I was willing to deal with because the flavor was so good. The Siren GTA was very good but... a bit too much air for my kind of MTL. Enter the Coppervape version of the Hussar RTA. Single coil deck, 5.7 ml. but you can also get the optional mini tank (about 3 ml) and the 1.3 mm air tube. All in all, a damn good, flavorful vape that is replacing the Origen.

Hey BB, I have the mini tanked Hussar with the 1.3 mm air tube and it is a fantastic flavorful MTL vape, one of my favs at the moment. The JFC is sometimes a bit of a hassle (for me, others love it) and the o-rings on the clone are junk. I've really moved away from buying a lot of new RTAs but I'm glad I got pressured into this one, and the SXK Doggystyle, both have been outstanding and right in my MTL wheelhouse.
IMG_20170513_095645.jpg

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 83987 You guys are letting this thread slowly "settle" to the bottom! What is going on?
Below are my thoughts on why this section has slowed down.
Most probably because many of those items have now been talked to death.Or at least it feels that way.Also there hasn't been anything new for real MTL for a couple weeks or more.Which kind of sucks.Cause it really seemed like the vaping industry was going to swing back to MTL...Sigh!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was glad to see they did things right IMHO, they went with a replaceable air tube instead of a "plug". Truth be told, I use a squonk most of the time but for a quick, unobtrusive vape, this is a great setup.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most probably because many of those items have now been talked to death.Or at least it feels that way.Also there hasn't been anything new for real MTL for a couple weeks or more.Which kind of sucks.Cause it really seemed like the vaping industry was going to swing back to MTL...Sigh!
I feel your pain! It looked like the vaping industry was rediscovering MTL and then squonking re-emerged . Vika fantasy is still a very good tank that uses the Nautilus coils.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree, I think 2017 has seen a great swing back to MTL vaping, especially in the high end RTAs.

Hussar, Skyline, Billet box RBAs Exocet and Doggy all have incredible MTL options and the SXK Doggystyle is simple MTL heaven.

The trend of making RTAs that can actually be used for DL and MTL is coming to fruition, when options for single deck, small tight chimneys and <=1.5 air flow tubes are offered that is a great victory for MTL.

Not to mention the success of the Nautilus 2 and several of the Pod MTL clearo/tank options.

Now, how much can be talked about over and over could be a true statement but as far as a swing back I believe it is here and present in 2017!

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Skyline looks promising, will probably pick up a clone when they are more available.

Got the hussar, but been sat on the shelf for a while, but have got the 1.3mm pin coming, so will get another testing when that turns up.

Right now got 2 tanks running, the doggystyle, can be a pain to bottom fill at times, but such a good MTL tank with good flavor, I just keep it in rotation, and also still using the siren, just love the flavor it produces and is a breeze to fill.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel your pain! It looked like the vaping industry was rediscovering MTL and then squonking re-emerged . Vika fantasy is still a very good tank that uses the Nautilus coils.
I'll pick up a Vika Fantasy at some point.Currently the Nicolas is at the top of my short list.I'm also looking at the Atlantis Evo as an option.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree, I think 2017 has seen a great swing back to MTL vaping, especially in the high end RTAs.

Hussar, Skyline, Billet box RBAs Exocet and Doggy all have incredible MTL options and the SXK Doggystyle is simple MTL heaven.

The trend of making RTAs that can actually be used for DL and MTL is coming to fruition, when options for single deck, small tight chimneys and <=1.5 air flow tubes are offered that is a great victory for MTL.

Not to mention the success of the Nautilus 2 and several of the Pod MTL clearo/tank options.

Now, how much can be talked about over and over could be a true statement but as far as a swing back I believe it is here and present in 2017!
RTA's will never be an option for me.Due to my severe nerve damage in both hands.I find building on them to be both painful and frustrating.Last time I set up my little dripper it took me over an hour to wrap & wick it.Which left my hands feeling like they were on fire...No thanks I'll just stick to tanks that come with easy to use coil-heads.
As for those pod system things...No thanks!

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
RTA's will never be an option for me.Due to my severe nerve damage in both hands.I find building on them to be both painful and frustrating.Last time I set up my little dripper it took me over an hour to wrap & wick it.Which left my hands feeling like they were on fire...No thanks I'll just stick to tanks that come with easily to use coil-heads.
I am disappointed w aspire.. I contacted them and asked them to produce a pod like the iCare solo that uses the Nautilus coils... And now they come out w the breeze but it uses the U coils... Boo!!
I still hope they produce a Nautilus option.

Snake I have a thought for an RTA for you.

The skyline has a deck system like the Ubertoot which does NOT require putting a coil under a screw... You simply insert a coil leg into a hole and turn a screw to secure... You can purchase pre made coils on fasttech for super cheap, a 100 for less than $5... Using those coils and the skyline deck may give an option for an RTA.

Just a thought and still may be too much but it is something maybe worth looking into.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@ToolmanTexas , did your Hussar pee on you? Mine peed all over my Radius, and I had just taken the mod out of the box.:cuss2:
Not at all, my Hussar has been drip dry. Only issue I've had with it is the dang JFC and the cheap o-rings, especially the AFC one.
Other than that the thing has been spectacular and the vape really is dense and flavorful.

But I would definitely turn red over any atty that leaked on any of my Radius!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RTA's will never be an option for me.Due to my severe nerve damage in both hands.I find building on them to be both painful and frustrating.Last time I set up my little dripper it took me over an hour to wrap & wick it.Which left my hands feeling like they were on fire...No thanks I'll just stick to tanks that come with easy to use coil-heads.
I don't build either, I get a bit sick of every conversation on e cig threads being about building. I have very bad nerves an shake too much!

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't build either, I get a bit sick of every conversation on e cig threads being about building. I have very bad nerves an shake too much!
Hey Skold, good to see you here :)

See my suggestion above for Snake, I think this could be a god send for those vapers among us who don't have steady hands. Posts that do NOT require catching a wire underneath a tiny screw AND pre-built coils.

And heads up, in the other forum there is a whole sub-forum dedicated to clearomizers... no discussion of building in that sub-forum.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@tool

See my suggestion above for Snake, I think this could be a god send for those vapers among us who don't have steady hands. Posts that do NOT require catching a wire underneath a tiny screw AND pre-built coils.

And heads up, in the other forum there is a whole sub-forum dedicated to clearomizers... no discussion of building in that sub-forum.
Thank you, you've always been really helpful! :) I'm happy with my Nautilus 2 and cleito for direct lung

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@tool

Thank you, you've always been really helpful! :) I'm happy with my Nautilus 2 and cleito for direct lung
Hi @SkoldVape , didn't mean to step on your toes, just to bring this thread back to the top, where it belongs. Building is not a requirement to vape and fortunately we have options. As long as you get the vape you like, it's all that counts.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Hussar revisited. The incontinence was due to operator error. The baseline coil was good, but me being me, I just had to try something a little bit different. Enter a 6 wraps 2.5 mm ID twisted clapton (30g x 2/36g all kanthal) and the vape got even better!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am disappointed w aspire.. I contacted them and asked them to produce a pod like the iCare solo that uses the Nautilus coils... And now they come out w the breeze but it uses the U coils... Boo!!
I still hope they produce a Nautilus option.

Snake I have a thought for an RTA for you.

The skyline has a deck system like the Ubertoot which does NOT require putting a coil under a screw... You simply insert a coil leg into a hole and turn a screw to secure... You can purchase pre made coils on fasttech for super cheap, a 100 for less than $5... Using those coils and the skyline deck may give an option for an RTA.

Just a thought and still may be too much but it is something maybe worth looking into.
Link me up with that and I'll take a look.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

When I first arrived in this thread I thought because it was called (Next Generation MTL Tanks) that it was about <Clearomizers> not <RTA/RDTA> stuff.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I first arrived in this thread I thought because it was called (Next Generation MTL Tanks) that it was about <Clearomizers> not <RTA/RDTA> stuff.
Very true, it is about all MTL tanks,though sadly, most new tanks are RTA types. In the last few months I've tried the Aspire/Cleito Nano (FT stuff) and tho it uses the Nautilus coil, it wasn't worth the $10 or so. The Vika Fantasy FT clone is worth the money, uses Nautilus coils and you can even use the regular Cleito (even the fat boy) glass tho the fat tank will make it look like a pregnant snake. The Tobeco Super mini tank was OK but got set aside because the Vika appeared in the mail box. I wish there was more, but I prefer a tight draw for MTL and of the ones I mentioned, Vika is by far the better choice for me. If you like the Kabuki ( clone or not), you will like the Vika Fantasy (clone or not).

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very true, it is about all MTL tanks,though sadly, most new tanks are RTA types. In the last few months I've tried the Aspire/Cleito Nano (FT stuff) and tho it uses the Nautilus coil, it wasn't worth the $10 or so. The Vika Fantasy FT clone is worth the money, uses Nautilus coils and you can even use the regular Cleito (even the fat boy) glass tho the fat tank will make it look like a pregnant snake. The Tobeco Super mini tank was OK but got set aside because the Vika appeared in the mail box. I wish there was more, but I prefer a tight draw for MTL and of the ones I mentioned, Vika is by far the better choice for me. If you like the Kabuki ( clone or not), you will like the Vika Fantasy (clone or not).
As I stated earlier I will give the Vika Fantasy a go it is on my list...but at the top of my (short-list) is the <Nicolas>.

I had a Clone-Buki and loved it.Now that thing was a great flavor-chaser IMHO...Cheers!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As I stated earlier I will give the Vika Fantasy a go it is on my list...but at the top of my (short-list) is the <Nicolas>.

I had a Clone-Buki and loved it.Now that thing was a great flavor-chaser IMHO...Cheers!
I have a Nicolas slowly floating its way to me, and currently on a tour of the US! It arrived in Los Angeles (35 miles or so from final destination) then went to Bell Gardens (25 miles or so further away) and now is is in West Valley City, Utah! I am convinced The USPS people are drinking concentrated xxxx water!:gaah::cuss2:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Nicolas slowly floating its way to me, and currently on a tour of the US! It arrived in Los Angeles (35 miles or so from final destination) then went to Bell Gardens (25 miles or so further away) and now is is in West Valley City, Utah! I am convinced The USPS people are drinking concentrated xxxx water!:gaah::cuss2:
I'm convinced that they are at least drinking!
Not sure what though.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi @SkoldVape , didn't mean to step on your toes, just to bring this thread back to the top, where it belongs. Building is not a requirement to vape and fortunately we have options. As long as you get the vape you like, it's all that counts.
Thanks, there is a few tanks where you can re wick pre built coils though, this wouldn't be a bad option at all! A couple of geekvape tanks out there that would be very easy to rewick, there's one called the eagle tank with 20 options of pre built coils you can rewick. I would love that but an mtl version, I do like to sub ohm but want a new mtl tank. I might try the vika fantasy tank mentioned above as I do love tanks that take nautilus coils... recently got a kabuki tank & it's great :)

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

The Vika and Kabuki and very, very similar and once you have the Nicolas yeah, the Vika makes sense for next snag.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Link me up with that and I'll take a look.
Here are some examples of pre-made coils on FT (there are many, many options):
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3759700
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10016556/3417300-ltq-vaper-kanthal-a1-pre-coiled-resistance-wire

Here is a picture showing how to load a coil on the Skyline deck:
upload_2017-6-11_9-53-36.png

So, with this style of deck, one can insert the pre-built coils above into the holes on the deck posts and then simply screw down thru the top screws in the deck posts. This video shows the build in action (he builds his coil but of course you get the idea, we'll be using the pre-built coils from FT):

This still may be too much depending on level of challenge but something worth knowing about and perhaps considering.

The Skyline clone is not available easily yet, but it will be any day now and I will post here, in this thead, when it is.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Vika and Kabuki and very, very similar and once you have the Nicolas yeah, the Vika makes sense for next snag.
I love the kabuki, & will be getting the vika. I'm gonna go for the authentic one cos it doesn't cost a lot anyway! Someone recommend the Nicolas to me the other day and that certainly looks good too.
Does that also take nautilus coils??

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here are some examples of pre-made coils on FT (there are many, many options):
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3759700
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10016556/3417300-ltq-vaper-kanthal-a1-pre-coiled-resistance-wire

Here is a picture showing how to load a coil on the Skyline deck:
View attachment 84106

So, with this style of deck, one can insert the pre-built coils above into the holes on the deck posts and then simply screw down thru the top screws in the deck posts. This video shows the build in action (he builds his coil but of course you get the idea, we'll be using the pre-built coils from FT):

This still may be too much depending on level of challenge but something worth knowing about and perhaps considering.

The Skyline clone is not available easily yet, but it will be any day now and I will post here, in this thead, when it is.
What are the 3 holes on the bottom near the posts for?

I'll pick up a Vika Fantasy at some point.Currently the Nicolas is at the top of my short list.I'm also looking at the Atlantis Evo as an option.

I just wanted to share some of my experience in case you were thinking of trying MTL with the Atlantis EVO.

My ADV is a Nautilus 2 w/ Triton mini 1.8 claptons. That said, when I drink, I sometimes reach for my Atlantis EVO w/ CCELL 0.9. However, the Atlantis EVO, even at the lowest acceptable airflow setting doesn't qualify for MTL vaping (I've tried sets of both stock coils, and 3 different CCELL types so far). It just doesn't work that way for me. For me, it's strictly a DTL. The flavor isn't what I expect and its far too airy (for MTL). But, I am 5'5" so my lungs could just be too small for it. If you've got a larger set of lungs it might work!

As a DTL when I'm drinking (using the same eliquid I use in the Nautilus 2) its both flavorful and performs very well for my needs. The stock coils were disappointing to me which was surprising considering they appear to be better from a design standpoint. Nonetheless, chasing that flavor dragon I quickly moved onto CCELL coils and I won't look back (I did two seperate rounds of sampling packs of the two stock coils separated by a few days and different eliquids). For TC the SS CCELLS are acceptable (better for me in VW for some reason - probably needs tweaking in Escribe), but for the best flavor I prefer the Kanthal CCELLS (and I mean flavor I can appreciate when I'm not drinking but more importantly for me, when I am drinking as well). This is from somone who prefers SS above all for my coil builds. It must be something about the coils physical layout, wrap spacing, or wicking material. I just haven't figured it out yet. I expected the SS CCELLS to be best for me before any testing. I prefer SS in TC mode because it allows me to more precisely dial in that perfect temperature for a particular eliquid of which I have far too many and swap far too often. But then again, I don't just chase that flavor dragon. I hunt that SOB like a starving mongrel.

Except when it comes to the Nautilus 2. This little SOB, somehow, just works great and highlights nuisances of flavor profiles in ways that I can only compare to my own kanthal coils and SS coils in TC mode (speaking strictly MTL). Apparently, I need to "up my game!"

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That'll be the air tubes!
Thanks figured that was what it was right after I asked...D'oh!

I just wanted to share some of my experience in case you were thinking of trying MTL with the Atlantis EVO.

My ADV is a Nautilus 2 w/ Triton mini 1.8 claptons. That said, when I drink, I sometimes reach for my Atlantis EVO w/ CCELL 0.9. However, the Atlantis EVO, even at the lowest acceptable airflow setting doesn't qualify for MTL vaping (I've tried sets of both stock coils, and 3 different CCELL types so far). It just doesn't work that way for me. For me, it's strictly a DTL. The flavor isn't what I expect and its far too airy (for MTL). But, I am 5'5" so my lungs could just be too small for it. If you've got a larger set of lungs it might work!

As a DTL when I'm drinking (using the same eliquid I use in the Nautilus 2) its both flavorful and performs very well for my needs. The stock coils were disappointing to me which was surprising considering they appear to be better from a design standpoint. Nonetheless, chasing that flavor dragon I quickly moved onto CCELL coils and I won't look back (I did two seperate rounds of sampling packs of the two stock coils separated by a few days and different eliquids). For TC the SS CCELLS are acceptable (better for me in VW for some reason - probably needs tweaking in Escribe), but for the best flavor I prefer the Kanthal CCELLS (and I mean flavor I can appreciate when I'm not drinking but more importantly for me, when I am drinking as well). This is from somone who prefers SS above all for my coil builds. It must be something about the coils physical layout, wrap spacing, or wicking material. I just haven't figured it out yet. I expected the SS CCELLS to be best for me before any testing. I prefer SS in TC mode because it allows me to more precisely dial in that perfect temperature for a particular eliquid of which I have far too many and swap far too often. But then again, I don't just chase that flavor dragon. I hunt that SOB like a starving mongrel.

Except when it comes to the Nautilus 2. This little SOB, somehow, just works great and highlights nuisances of flavor profiles in ways that I can only compare to my own kanthal coils and SS coils in TC mode (speaking strictly MTL). Apparently, I need to "up my game!"
Done and done...(Short List) updated!
#1 Nicolas
#2 Atlantis EVO
#3 Innokin Coolfire Ultra

I'm going to have to find some more YouTube stuff on the Skyline RTA before I feel safe enough to add an RTA to my list

VU Sponsors