Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Why is it so HARD?.....you get bizzare changes in the jetstream or something>>>>>>>>>>
The NWS uses a European (the plains of Spain) computer forecast model. They claim it works very well for here, but the reality is that it doesn't work at all and they don't care. Because the population is so low in this state, real live people never bother to look at what is really happening here (other than local TV make-believe meteorologists - the buxom blondes) because how many complaints are they likely to get, as opposed to screwing up a forecast on, say, the east coast? The Rocky Mountains make a wall, north to south, in Western Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana, so anything that is going on in Alberta or Saskatchewan can slip south along the east side of those mountains, then whatever jet stream or even a local weather system pushing eastward from the west of us picks up that crap and dumps it on us. After it hits us, then NWS says, "Oh, look, they are having a storm" and changes their forecast... AFTER the fact. Because there are no mountain chains east to west from the Canadian arctic to the Texas gulf, anything from either direction can run up and down the Great Plains and the bozos don't pay any attention unless there is a chance of tornadoes, but even then only if it likely to hit a big city (Tulsa, Kansas City, Omaha, etc.). They simply do not care. If I could convince them to install a few remote weather reporting stations out here, even I could outguess their current methods.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My container left Los Angeles. Should be in EC in about a month (or so).....:wait:

I'll prolly fly over the boat somewhere in the gulf next month....doubt it'll make it to the canal by then.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll prolly fly over the boat somewhere in the gulf next month....doubt it'll make it to the canal by then.

Confusion. If it left LA, it is shipping down the Pacific side of Mexico. Ecuador touches the Pacific, so why would it have to go through the canal into the Gulf? Does EC not have any Pacific ports? And if you are flying over the Gulf, and would go over that boat, doesn't that imply it already went through the canal?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Putting butterscotch and caramel in the same juice, I think, one will try to dominate the other. They are both good, but probably shouldn't be in the same juice, but instead mixed with various combinations of subtle amounts of banana, vanilla, and cake.
Or ice cream, I've got the VT toffee ice cream that would be perfect for that, IMO

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@inspects @JuicyLucy
OK, you got Lannie's version above (and she was right in guessing the quantities), but here's some background and the two recipes. Butterbeer is a drink popularized from the Harry Potter movies, so if you do a web search, likely you will find various recipes (everyone's tongue seems to think their version is the right one) for the DRINK. In your search, you might add "vape" or "e-juice" or something that makes it obvious you are looking for something to vape, not drink. As Lannie pointed out, I cut off a lot of Nicoticket's ingredients because my vape style does not seem to appreciate a half percent of anything (like licorice to embolden the root beer) because I can't taste it. So here's my version:

BUTTERBEER

10% butterscotch (FW)
8% root beer (TFA)
3% banana (FA)
3% vanilla whipped cream (CAP)
Nic - you obviously need to set this percentage by yourself
50/50 VG/PG to fill the bottle - use your own desires here (Max PG will taste different than max VG, etc.)

SCOTCHCAKE

10% vanilla cupcake (CAP)
5% butterscotch (FW)
50/50 VG/PG to fill the bottle - use your own desires here (Max PG will taste different than max VG, etc.)

For both of these, I tend to let them sit about a week before using them, because fresh from the mixtress, one flavor will stand out stronger and a month later, another flavor seems to steal the stage. I compensate for this by raising the mod's Wattage a tad bit every few days, like Day 1 is 5W and next week it is 7W, then 10W, then 12W, then change the wick/coil.
MMM that butter beer looks good gonna mix that next time i mix thanks Rich and Lannie

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They forecast a high of 103° in Abilene. This means the high here will be ~107°. Guess who ain't going outdoors after noonish.
Fourteen years ago, I was out digging along a fence line with a shovel at those temperatures. I don't think I would want to do that today.
Or ice cream, I've got the VT toffee ice cream that would be perfect for that, IMO
Sounds like a good idea.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Confusion. If it left LA, it is shipping down the Pacific side of Mexico. Ecuador touches the Pacific, so why would it have to go through the canal into the Gulf? Does EC not have any Pacific ports? And if you are flying over the Gulf, and would go over that boat, doesn't that imply it already went through the canal?
You are correctomundo....I was still thinking it was shipping out of Texas.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You are correct...I forgot LA is on the pacific....was thinking about the container shipping out of Texas, which was actually cheaper, but took longer.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Butterbeer is my all day vape. I have several others that just sit by the computer that I randomly suck at night (like Crom's Desert Ship) and whatever rejects Lannie gives me.
Have all of Lannie's flavors in 4oz bottles, just putting a few more oddballs I may need in the cart too....:wave:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rich, has Lannie clonded any others from Nicoticket?

I used to like a few of his flavors, but the prices were high, I stopped buying. I see he is back in business now, offering a few of the old ones, but not many.

I bought a new one he had one sale a couple weeks ago...called Sublime...I thought I was vaping Wakonda again...I really couldn't taste any difference.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I refuse to throw anything away. If it isn't likeable "as is," I'll add a dash of this and a splash of that until it is tolerable. I make it "tolerable" while Lannie's "dash of this or that" makes a masterpiece. Her "rejects" are usually something that has more Nic than she is currently willing to vape.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I refuse to throw anything away. If it isn't likeable "as is," I'll add a dash of this and a splash of that until it is tolerable. I make it "tolerable" while Lannie's "dash of this or that" makes a masterpiece. Her "rejects" are usually something that has more Nic than she is currently willing to vape.
Has she made any of the custards Clark was selling?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rich, has Lannie clonded any others from Nicoticket?

I used to like a few of his flavors, but the prices were high, I stopped buying. I see he is back in business now, offering a few of the old ones, but not many.

I bought a new one he had one sale a couple weeks ago...called Sublime...I thought I was vaping Wakonda again...I really couldn't taste any difference.
I honestly do not think Lannie ever even visited their site. I captured their butterbeer recipe and modified it. Before they went out of business (even if they are back now), they posted many of their recipes. I never copied any of them because the Butterbeer is the only one Clark Kent ever sent me. I wonder if they are available through anyone on our recipes thread?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I honestly do not think Lannie ever even visited their site. I captured their butterbeer recipe and modified it. Before they went out of business (even if they are back now), they posted many of their recipes. I never copied any of them because the Butterbeer is the only one Clark Kent ever sent me. I wonder if they are available through anyone on our recipes thread?
I never bothered to copy any of the recipes he posted, kinda wish I did. Guess I could ask a couple folks from the old crowd over at the other place.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Has she made any of the custards Clark was selling?
I don't think so, but she has a couple custards of her own that others say have "out of this world flavor." You'll need to PM her on that, though, because I don't know if that is going to be publicly available. Maybe she'll make you a bottle to try in return for the favors you have already granted. I'll move that comment to a PM in a few minutes.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They might still be posted in Clarks thread at the other place, I'll look tomorrow. I liked his creme brulee.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It rained so hard north of us there was flash flood warnings we only got about a half inch in my gauge
How's the garden doing?....I had to relinquish mine to the quail and their babies. They are sure living it up tho....I can hear um every morning out there, prolly fighting over the remaining cherry tomatoes.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@inspects @JuicyLucy
OK, you got Lannie's version above (and she was right in guessing the quantities), but here's some background and the two recipes. Butterbeer is a drink popularized from the Harry Potter movies, so if you do a web search, likely you will find various recipes (everyone's tongue seems to think their version is the right one) for the DRINK. In your search, you might add "vape" or "e-juice" or something that makes it obvious you are looking for something to vape, not drink. As Lannie pointed out, I cut off a lot of Nicoticket's ingredients because my vape style does not seem to appreciate a half percent of anything (like licorice to embolden the root beer) because I can't taste it. So here's my version:

BUTTERBEER

10% butterscotch (FW)
8% root beer (TFA)
3% banana (FA)

SCOTCHCAKE

5% butterscotch (FW)

For both of these, I tend to let them sit about a week before using them, because fresh from the mixtress, one flavor will stand out stronger and a month later, another flavor seems to steal the stage. I compensate for this by raising the mod's Wattage a tad bit every few days, like Day 1 is 5W and next week it is 7W, then 10W, then 12W, then change the wick/coil.

Hi OPs. Long time, no see. Hope you are all doing well and bearing up in this heat, that is if it's hot where you are. It's been scorching hot and humid here. Have also had gullywasher rains that have had my hubbs' old dog trembling in fear. She's just scared to death of storms, bless her heart. And NO, I am not talking about myself. :giggle:

I had grabbed a Butterbeer juice recipe off ELR some time ago, from user Ken O'Where, that uses Butterscotch, Cream Soda, Vienna Cream, and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Well, that was my adaptation. His original recipe also uses Butter Rum (a flavor I cannot stand) and Hangsen Italian Cream. Anyway, I haven't mixed it yet. Would love to mix Lannie's (thank you Lannie and Rich!) but I am missing the FA Banana. Just bought my very first banana flavoring a few weeks ago, and luck would have it that I chose TFA Banana Nut Bread. Reviews of it seemed really good, and I am iffy about vaping banana in the first place. May try subbing it and see what happens.

Will definitely try the Scotchcake, probably today because I have promised son I'll mix up some stuff for him.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
@inspects @JuicyLucy

BUTTERBEER

10% butterscotch (FW)
8% root beer (TFA)
3% banana (FA)

SCOTCHCAKE

5% butterscotch (FW)

Okay - I'm gonna go for the ScotchCake right now - simple recipe with two old, tried and true favorite flavors I do have on hand right now

The Butter Beer is gonna be another story -

I don't like banana anything except fresh off the tree in Hawaii, so I do not have any of that flavoring of any brand

But, I do have Real Flavors Root Beer, can't decide to use FW butterscotch, or try the RF I've had forever but never opened

Thought I had Cap root beer but I musta used it all, experimenting about a year ago, lol

Think the only whip cream I have is FA, so maybe a dab of that because butterscotch and root beer is an irresistible combo to try! Might do FA Vienna cream for an ice cream type flavor instead

Am open to suggestions here...Just has to be something I have on hand

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Okay - I'm gonna go for the ScotchCake right now - simple recipe with two old, tried and true favorite flavors I do have on hand right now

The Butter Beer is gonna be another story -

I don't like banana anything except fresh off the tree in Hawaii, so I do not have any of that flavoring of any brand

But, I do have Real Flavors Root Beer, can't decide to use FW butterscotch, or try the RF I've had forever but never opened

Thought I had Cap root beer but I musta used it all, experimenting about a year ago, lol

Think the only whip cream I have is FA, so maybe a dab of that because butterscotch and root beer is an irresistible combo to try! Might do FA Vienna cream for an ice cream type flavor instead

Am open to suggestions here...Just has to be something I have on hand
GO for it, Juice....:cheers:

Sure sounds good to me....:cloud::ejuice::cloud::ejuice:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm ordering the flavors now and BCF.....before I forget um.....:wave:

Will try to let these sit for the recommended one week - but might give them a sneak taste anyways, lol

The Scotch Cake I did make exactly as Rich/Lannie said

For the Butter Beer, just used the recipe for inspiration. Did 2.5 % Rootbeer RF, 2.5% ButterScotch RF, 2% FA Vienna Cream and 1% Flavorah Marshmallow

Now, the real thing here is that the Real Flavors butterscotch smelled EXACTLY like those hard candy butterscotch candies that used to come in the yellow wrapper - am wondering.....

The problem is, Real Flavors brand is real hit and miss, which is why I've had the those two flavors for so long and never did anything with them

Lannies recipes.jpg

VU Sponsors