Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Even my Duck response to the GF, she knows damn good and well I'd be petting um instead of eating them.

I asked her to look for some Guinea's - official guard bird duties.....:)

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The barbecue went good today, although it got stifling hot just before we had one minute of downpour. The rain was not forecasted. There was also not even a slight breeze before the rain. When I checked the radar, a huge system was coming up from the gulf, most of it hovering over the San Antonio area.
My brother and sister were afraid more rain would come, so they went home. There was no more rain. 60 seconds of rain was all we got.
At least we got enough leftovers for tomorrow.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The barbecue went good today, although it got stifling hot just before we had one minute of downpour. The rain was not forecasted. There was also not even a slight breeze before the rain. When I checked the radar, a huge system was coming up from the gulf, most of it hovering over the San Antonio area.
My brother and sister were afraid more rain would come, so they went home. There was no more rain. 60 seconds of rain was all we got.
At least we got enough leftovers for tomorrow.
Had a few stratus clouds drifting over today, which I thought was strange for the beginning of July....:teehee:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had a few stratus clouds drifting over today, which I thought was strange for the beginning of July....:teehee:
We had a bunch of small fair weather cumulus floating around. Just one big cloud, and that was the one that gave us a brief shower. I'll tell ya, it felt dang good!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
all critters have a purpose, regardless of what others may think.
I still haven't figured out why we need mosquitoes... while they don't bother me, Lannie only has to be outside for a few seconds and a few dozen of them are trying to eat her.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We had a bunch of small fair weather cumulus floating around. Just one big cloud, and that was the one that gave us a brief shower. I'll tell ya, it felt dang good!
When does your monsoon season begin....I assume this month?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still haven't figured out why we need mosquitoes... while they don't bother me, Lannie only has to be outside for a few seconds and a few dozen of them are trying to eat her.
I hear that....damn they can be one hell of a nuisance. Obviously, Lannie is sweeter than you tho.....:)

Thanks goodness there are not many here.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We normally get our rain in May. From July through October, we have our dry season. The weather patterns ain't right this year.
Winds seem to change from west during the "normal" months...July-Sept you never know what may happen - or when the dust storms from the (south) Tucson area head directly north northwest during monsoon season, many times with massive downpours. I remember back in the 1980's we got so much rain so fast it wiped out 3/4's of the bridges crossing the Agua Fria and Salt rivers. Man oh man, did that cause havek years after that downpour.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Winds seem to change from west during the "normal" months...July-Sept you never know what may happen - or when the dust storms from the (south) Tucson area head directly north northwest during monsoon season, many times with massive downpours. I remember back in the 1980's we got so much rain so fast it wiped out 3/4's of the bridges crossing the Agua Fria and Salt rivers. Man oh man, did that cause havek years after that downpour.
Even when hurricanes come up from the gulf, we are lucky to get light showers out of them. Normally, all we get is virga. It stays so dry around here, that pretty much everything evaporates before it even hits the roof.
They talked about a heat dome over much of the country. We get the heat, but not as bad as they claim. The humidity is awful. We usually have a nice tolerable dry heat.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Even when hurricanes come up from the gulf, we are lucky to get light showers out of them. Normally, all we get is virga. It stays so dry around here, that pretty much everything evaporates before it even hits the roof.
They talked about a heat dome over much of the country. We get the heat, but not as bad as they claim. The humidity is awful. We usually have a nice tolerable dry heat.
Yup, 100-103 degrees with single digit low - teens humidity is really not bad.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I know. I hate flying across the country. I think I actually feel more tired putting up with airplanes and airports and "fellow passengers" than if I just drove a couple thousand miles.
Well, there is heavy traffic, and a thousand "me first" drivers that will race ahead of you and then slowly you down. But even that is better than putting up with airports.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
In the car, I am in control of my fate. I can choose how fast to go, which roads to take and which to avoid, how well I maneuver around and through obstinate traffic... In an airplane and, for the most part, the fucking airports, someone else has their hand on your fate. You may choose to use their "service" or not,but if you do, they direct the sheep.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And when you get to your destination, you either rent a car, or use a taxi, which increases your costs. I'd rather be driving my own wheels. I ain't flon since before 9-11. Since then, I hear horror stories about airports and the way people on planes are treated.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the car, I am in control of my fate. I can choose how fast to go, which roads to take and which to avoid, how well I maneuver around and through obstinate traffic... In an airplane and, for the most part, the fucking airports, someone else has their hand on your fate. You may choose to use their "service" or not,but if you do, they direct the sheep.
Naah too many other idiots on the road hold your life in their hands wile they chat and text....

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Naah too many other idiots on the road hold your life in their hands wile they chat and text....
I not only pay very close attention to the road, but observe other drivers as if my life depended on it, which it does. So I don't see those idiots as any more of a problem than a deer stepping onto the highway. Drive well ahead of where you are (front, back, and both sides) and be prepared for anything. I have been driving for over 54 years and have never had a reportable accident or a ticket.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only accident I have been in was when my car got rear ended while I was stopped and waiting to make a left turn. In that incident, it was impossible to avoid being hit by that uninsured driver. Fortunately, I have the right insurance, and I was covered 100%.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been driving since I was 16 and one accident where a fool tried to pass me while I was turning left in a residential zone with signal on.
he was going so fast that it took him most of a block to stop after sideswiping me.
That was in Beaverton Orygun, Damned caliprunian.

No tickets at all.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
imho no insurance and cause an accident.
Big fine and 5 yr DL revoked.
Caught driving on a revoked or suspended liscence. 6 mos jail for first offense 4X that for second offense within 2 years.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
imho no insurance and cause an accident.
Big fine and 5 yr DL revoked.
Caught driving on a revoked or suspended liscence. 6 mos jail for first offense 4X that for second offense within 2 years.
I saw the bitch working at the grocery store. She actually apologized (only then), and said she was making payments to my insurance company. I was surprised she was driving another car, after she totalled hers and mine. She is prolly driving w/o insurance to this day. The cops were not surprised that I never got any ticket for anything.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey @The Cromwell - got a call today from the mechanic and I get to go pick up the TroyBilt riding mower tomorrow. Last year at this time, I was without it for two months while they replaced piston rings (and my place went to hell in a handbasket because I had nothing to mow with). This time, they have had it for almost two months and finally got around to fixing it, but at least I had a replacement this year. This time it was a bent valve guide. I suspect the mechanic who did the rings last year might be the reason the valve got bent, but I can't prove that. At least it is only gonna cost me around $100. Guess I better buy some new blades for the CubCadet while I am there too. Anyway, just a heads up that these TroyBilts might be a problem, so watch your new rider closely.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey @The Cromwell - got a call today from the mechanic and I get to go pick up the TroyBilt riding mower tomorrow. Last year at this time, I was without it for two months while they replaced piston rings (and my place went to hell in a handbasket because I had nothing to mow with). This time, they have had it for almost two months and finally got around to fixing it, but at least I had a replacement this year. This time it was a bent valve guide. I suspect the mechanic who did the rings last year might be the reason the valve got bent, but I can't prove that. At least it is only gonna cost me around $100. Guess I better buy some new blades for the CubCadet while I am there too. Anyway, just a heads up that these TroyBilts might be a problem, so watch your new rider closely.

Synthetic oil. The Briggs have trouble with bent push rods and such but synthetic oil seems to help prevent this.
Not sure if still true but one of the push rods was aluminum and I think it galls against the rocker arm causing something to bend. Synthetic oil seems to prevent this.
get 10W30 or 40 syn oil. as high of a second number as you can get. I use Castrol Syntec in mine 10W 30 I think is as heavy as I could find.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been pondering modern US measurement units.
Is a shit ton More weight than a fuck ton?
And how to they compare to a standard US ton or a Metric ton?

VU Sponsors