Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, we did have a hilarious weather forecast this morning. NWS said we had a 30% chance of light snow flurries with no accumulation and Intelicast said it wasn't gonna snow on us at all. It snowed ALL DAMN DAY!!! And, yes, the ground is white again.

Oh, and the microwave decided to blow the circuit breaker every time you opened the door. The light came on for a second before the breaker popped. Well, guess that thing is tits up. Now I gotta go to Wally World tomorrow and charge a new one. Repeat after me: Shit damn hell screw fuck rectum hell-kilt-him.... (or some similar list of expletives)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, we did have a hilarious weather forecast this morning. NWS said we had a 30% chance of light snow flurries with no accumulation and Intelicast said it wasn't gonna snow on us at all. It snowed ALL DAMN DAY!!! And, yes, the ground is white again.

Oh, and the microwave decided to blow the circuit breaker every time you opened the door. The light came on for a second before the breaker popped. Well, guess that thing is tits up. Now I gotta go to Wally World tomorrow and charge a new one. Repeat after me: Shit damn hell screw fuck rectum hell-kilt-him.... (or some similar list of expletives)
Yep, when it rains it snows.......(i mean pours)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK, but just a quickie 'cuz I am tipping over. 200 miles to Walmart and back, unpack/install new microwave, do lots of little chores in the house and the barns, try to catch up on a zillion e-mails, too tired to see straight. Oh well... at least the sun was shining and it was 50-something today.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK, but just a quickie 'cuz I am tipping over. 200 miles to Walmart and back, unpack/install new microwave, do lots of little chores in the house and the barns, try to catch up on a zillion e-mails, too tired to see straight. Oh well... at least the sun was shining and it was 50-something today.
Sounds like a nightmare............BUT the sun was shining, always a plus

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Parting thought: Should we change the name of this thread to the Dale and Rich Show? No one else is posting here anymore. Seems you and I have been the only ones here for several days, so we might just as well be doing this via PM. Where the hell is everyone else?

OK, I'm falling over now, so I'll yak at ya tomorrow. Don't work too hard.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh it was OK but not great.
took the wife Unit to her church for a feeding. Food was good.
Took a cut up 23 lb turkey in to the church yesterday for the feeding today.
Took a tryptophan induced nap this afternoon :)
the church has their little christmas tree up with all the names of 'needy' children cards on them.
Wants go from expensive sneakers to playstations...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Took a tryptophan induced nap this afternoon
Most people who over-indulge the turkey have that nap, many with their belts loosened.
with all the names of 'needy' children cards on them.
Wants go from expensive sneakers to playstations
Funny how some people feel that not having a $900 smart phone makes them "needy," while others of us, who can't buy those fancy sneakers for ourselves never ask for a handout.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Funny how some people feel that not having a $900 smart phone makes them "needy," while others of us, who can't buy those fancy sneakers for ourselves never ask for a handout.

Class and dignity my friend

What'd you guys do, anything?

I did squat and am so happy about it - mr juicy made himself a humongous turkey and almost gave me heart failure when he actually cut it all up and froze it in smaller bags

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No stuffing or taters and gravy?
I don't do bread....she had sweet potatoes, but added some type of sugary crap to um, had to pass on those too.

Relatives were looking at me like I had my shirt on backwards, but I don't care. When their pushing daisies, hopefully I'll be thriving......:)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Never could understand those people who think YOU have to eat something just because they do.
Holiday feasts are kind of like, "The whole family is going to jump off a bridge at 3 PM. Why aren't you coming with us?"

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never could understand those people who think YOU have to eat something just because they do.
Holiday feasts are kind of like, "The whole family is going to jump off a bridge at 3 PM. Why aren't you coming with us?"
Good example.....I got rid of the lemming attitude a few years ago, now I feel 20 yrs younger.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was talking to Jimi earlier today, said he screwed up an eye, had something lodged in one....he can't look at the puter for any length of time, hopefully he'll be be back in shape quickly.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got rid of the lemming attitude a few years ago
This applies to a whole bunch of things in life... like the TV ad that says, "Take this drug to get rid of that rash, Oh, by the way, one of the side effects is death." and yet, the morons rush to their doctors to get a prescription. What happened to our country that so many people have become so fucking stupid as to do everything just because others do it? I am at the point now where I do NOTHING if it is a new fad and others are doing it just because someone told them they should. Do not follow GROUP THINK. Use your brains and apply logic to every decision you make. (OK, rant OFF)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This applies to a whole bunch of things in life... like the TV ad that says, "Take this drug to get rid of that rash, Oh, by the way, one of the side effects is death." and yet, the morons rush to their doctors to get a prescription. What happened to our country that so many people have become so fucking stupid as to do everything just because others do it? I am at the point now where I do NOTHING if it is a new fad and others are doing it just because someone told them they should. Do not follow GROUP THINK. Use your brains and apply logic to every decision you make. (OK, rant OFF)
That's why I have to get out of here, I don't see it getting better anytime soon.....therefore the sooner I'm in another country the better. It's really a pity tho.

Big pharma runs the show here, they own the FDA and the CDC.....really hard to believe there can be this much rampant corruption.

Trying to get rid of vaping, and everyone forgot about smoking, unbelievable..........

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's why I have to get out of here, I don't see it getting better anytime soon.....therefore the sooner I'm in another country the better. It's really a pity tho.
I shall stay here, if nothing else, as a freedom fighter. Whether that be vocal or bullets is up to the opposition's response. We MUST take back our country.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, many are off the deep end, and that includes many in the general populace, but if some of us will not fight to replace these morons, the whole country is lost. We are teetering on a knife's edge right now, and if we do not recover it soon, it can never be recovered. I served in the USAF, swearing to defend the US Constitution. I served as a police officer, also swearing to defend the US Constitution. I cannot run away now.

But I can go get in bed and dream about the land of the free.......
G'nite all.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Jimi get well soon.
Thanks Rich, still bothering me but am able to do short spurts, it's getting better. Amazing how fast eyes can heal. I got it out myself but it was scratched so deep that I couldn't tell so went to eye doc to have it checked out. She said it would be better in a week or so. Sure do miss all my friends here. Eye too sore to back read yet.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Rich, still bothering me but am able to do short spurts, it's getting better. Amazing how fast eyes can heal. I got it out myself but it was scratched so deep that I couldn't tell so went to eye doc to have it checked out. She said it would be better in a week or so. Sure do miss all my friends here. Eye too sore to back read yet.
Eye Hurt does HURT.....hope it heals quickly, Jimi....!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Eye Hurt does HURT.....hope it heals quickly, Jimi....!
Thanks Dale it does put a real meaning to hurt, healing nicely before long it will be back to my normal sorta blind soon I hope. Starting to itch and can bare some light now just not for very long my friend

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Dale it does put a real meaning to hurt, healing nicely before long it will be back to my normal sorta blind soon I hope. Starting to itch and can bare some light now just not for very long my friend
What did you get in your eye?.....piece of metal or similar?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had a small piece, yes I slipped but held it to a small piece and did a 3 day water fast prior to make up for it. Just having juiced carrots today too.
Good man.....!

I love a carrot and apple mixture....damn that tastes good, although just carrots taste fine too.

Do you add any herbs to the juicer, when your juicing?

Dill (and/or) basil-oregano seems to really add a nice touch.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good man.....!

I love a carrot and apple mixture....damn that tastes good, although just carrots taste fine too.

Do you add any herbs to the juicer, when your juicing?

Dill (and/or) basil-oregano seems to really add a nice touch.
Apple is too much sugar for cancer patient so I don't do it but I always juice kale and a onion and today asparagus in with my carrots, drink a half gallon a day
No herbs if they aren't fresh raw they don't have a chance to infuse into the juice, next growing season I definitely will cause I grow quite a few herbs.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks Rich, still bothering me but am able to do short spurts, it's getting better..
Well, take it easy and mend as fast as you can.
healing nicely before long it will be back to my normal sorta blind soon
"normal sorta blind." I can equate. Several years ago, the retina in my right eye came loose, so they did surgery to stick it back. Several months later, it came off again, so another surgery. That was followed by cataract surgery (you will get cataracts after retina surgeries) and they replaced the lens and I think they stuffed the wrong one in me. Besides scarring on the retina due to two surgeries, the lens doesn't work well, so my vision in the right eye is like 20/200 without glasses and 20/80 with (legally blind). Luckily the left eye still works, so I just had to learn to sight my guns with the wrong eye. o_O Makes for really bad depth perception too. So, bottom line here, son: take damn good care of those eyes.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, take it easy and mend as fast as you can.

"normal sorta blind." I can equate. Several years ago, the retina in my right eye came loose, so they did surgery to stick it back. Several months later, it came off again, so another surgery. That was followed by cataract surgery (you will get cataracts after retina surgeries) and they replaced the lens and I think they stuffed the wrong one in me. Besides scarring on the retina due to two surgeries, the lens doesn't work well, so my vision in the right eye is like 20/200 without glasses and 20/80 with (legally blind). Luckily the left eye still works, so I just had to learn to sight my guns with the wrong eye. o_O Makes for really bad depth perception too. So, bottom line here, son: take damn good care of those eyes.
I am trying my hardest to mend Rich, thanks for the words of encouragement my friend.

Sorry to hear that, eyes are so vital. I have abused mine all my younger life and paying for it dearly now. Worked with metal all my life and had pieces drilled outta my pupil, had a piece picked out of retena with a hypodermic needle that the doc curled the tip into a hook to dig it out with, welded all my life, working on a car battery with a cigarette hanging outta my mouth while it was charging that exploded and filled both eyes with battery acid among other acts of stupidity to numerous to list, funny how you don't think of the concequences when your young and dumb and full of spunk.

Just a quick pass through, came out to get my last cup of carrot juice for the night so will try to see you all tomorrow my friends, have a good night

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
among other acts of stupidity too numerous to list, funny how you don't think of the consequences when you're young and dumb and full of spunk.
I think that is a fact of life. We refused to listen to the warnings of our parents (Hell, I was Superman!) and our children refused to listen to us. Used to run a CNC 10-head drilling machine. Got lots of copper dust in my eyes, making small pitting. Nature of the job. I don't remember anyone offering hazardous duty pay. Goggles were available, but not mandatory way back then.

Anyway, take care, have a good sleep. Talk at ya later.

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think that is a fact of life. We refused to listen to the warnings of our parents (Hell, I was Superman!) and our children refused to listen to us. Used to run a CNC 10-head drilling machine. Got lots of copper dust in my eyes, making small pitting. Nature of the job. I don't remember anyone offering hazardous duty pay. Googles were available, but not mandatory way back then.

Anyway, take care, have a good sleep. Talk at ya later.
Heading to bed in minutes my friend

VU Sponsors