Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So that would still make a trip to see Eli as just another work day. Can you at least manage to squeeze in a few hugs and maybe a kiss or twelve? ;)
When we become this age, plans for retirement are more important.....:teehee:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When we become this age, plans for retirement are more important.....:teehee:
Hmmm... after being with Lannie for about a zillion years now, there is still at least a goodnight kiss every single day. Which reminds me, I should go get in bed now and snuggle my sick kitten. I am hoping my body energy can help him get better and it seems to be having some effect. More BS whenever...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Talked to Jimi today, said I wouldn't believe what happened to him, also said he didn't have time to explain, but it must be a doozy. Heal quick @Jimi ...like you always do....:wave:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You're gonna love this: High temperature today was 68 °F, cloudy all day, rain off and on, thunderstorms showed up early evening, Still raining. Thunderstorms likely to last all night,

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You're gonna love this: High temperature today was 68 °F, cloudy all day, rain off and on, thunderstorms showed up early evening, Still raining. Thunderstorms likely to last all night,
Unreal about the continual rain, but those temps are really nice, regardless of the humidity

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cleaned the pool filters today, I don't think it hit much more than about 95-98???...feels cool outside tonight while flooding my lil garden, which is nothing short of a miracle for July. Damn those melons are growing like wildfire. Gotta look on the interweb how long it takes for melons to ripen, my first dance with melons. Finally figured out positively I have honeydew, cantaloupe and watermelon.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As you may have noticed, nobody cancelled or postponed their flights, guess I'm the only jackass who does this repeatedly .........:facepalm:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn Rich, you'll end up playing chess or a cheekers the remainder of the summer if the weather doesn't break.....:devil:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn Rich, you'll end up playing chess or a cheekers the remainder of the summer if the weather doesn't break.....:devil:
Lannie doesn't do those, but she plays a mean game of backgammon. :D Just tried calling in the cats... heavy rain, 61 °F, and lakes in the driveway.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
While I am glad to have these intelligent conversations on a daily basis, I also feel sorry that you didn't get to go see your honey.
Gotta go in the next couple weeks, I'm getting older by the millisecond...and it seems to take an act of christ to get an export import license, unless your a millionaire....then the corruption kicks in and you're good to go.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lannie doesn't do those, but she plays a mean game of backgammon. :D Just tried calling in the cats... heavy rain, 61 °F, and lakes in the driveway.
Incredible.....haven't looked at the guess....is it supposed to keep raining?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
unless your a millionaire....then the corruption kicks in and you're good to go
Big money has always been able to buy government officials... in EVERY country.

.is it supposed to keep raining?
Depends on which version of the forecast you want to believe. One claims this shit will stop in a couple days and another says we will have thunderstorms every evening for the next week (as far out as their forecast went),

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Big money has always been able to buy government officials... in EVERY country.

Depends on which version of the forecast you want to believe. One claims this shit will stop in a couple days and another says we will have thunderstorms every evening for the next week (as far out as their forecast went),
That ain't good, I assume there is about a 50-50% chance with all things "eliminated".

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have pretty much stopped believing in weather forecasts. Seems they're wrong, then something happens and they change the forecast to accommodate what happened, then later claim they said it would happen, even though the forecast they are touting was "after the fact," Maybe if we moved to the Shara, these bozos would be accurate: Sunny, Hot, with occasional scorpions.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have pretty much stopped believing in weather forecasts. Seems they're wrong, then something happens and they change the forecast to accommodate what happened, then later claim they said it would happen, even though the forecast they are touting was "after the fact," Maybe if we moved to the Shara, these bozos would be accurate: Sunny, Hot, with occasional scorpions.
Yup, it's ditto here too....sun, partly cloudy, sun, sun, sun, sun.........it's nice to see a cloud once in awhile though

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, my friend, it is closing on midnight here and I need to crawl in the sack with that baby pussy cat and cut some Zzzzzzzs.
Hasta la bye bye.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glad I didn't leave for the weekend...my phone was going off with notifications at 6:30 AM....thought some idiot on the right coast was texting me....Opps, forgot about a 20,000 sf building I had scheduled for this morning.......:cry:

Oh well, made enough money in one day to make two trips.....:vino:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Given the late hour, I thought you had indeed flown south, but extra money is extra money... :)
Couldn't believe I forgot about it.....when the notifications kept coming on the phone I knew it couldn't be text messages, so I looked....oh well, was only about 15 minutes late.....and potentially saved the buyer $100,000 in immediate repairs needed. He was happy, and I was home by noon.....:)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rain again, Rich?
One of the worst rains I have ever been in. A real live super duty SEVERE THUNDERSTORM (AKA Super Cell).

I was busy trying to clean out the junk in the garage (a multi-day project but a reasonable use of time for a rainy day) when Lannie told me one of the neighboring ranchers was on the phone. He came over with his 5th Wheel flatbed and, after much frustration, we managed to load the Bobcat and take it to Faith. After stops at the parts store and the vet, we headed back home and just before we got here, we had to pull over and stop because the rain was so heavy we could not see the lines on the highway right in front of the truck. What highway? If he'd gone in the ditch, we would not have known until the truck rolled over. While waiting for that to pass, the hail started. I was in fear of the windshield getting busted in on us. Luckily, that passed without much damage and he dropped me off at my gate. I staggered into the house and while discussing all that with Lannie, there was a super bright flash through all the windows and the electricity went out for a few seconds, THEN we heard the boom and it literally shook the house. That didn't clear up until almost 6PM, so we rushed evening chores and got back in the house just barely before the next downpour. Damn!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jesus christ....unbelievable.....someone is telling you to get the fuck out of there....!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am guessing we got 2-4" of rain just today. The corrals are just as deep in mud today as they were three months ago. What happened to Summer?

someone is telling you to get the fuck out of there....!
That is all well and good, but even if that message is from Gawd Himself, unless He is willing to also provide us with an idiot who will pay too much for this place and then show us a cheap house with grassy pastures farther south, it is unlikely we will ever get out of here.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Indeed what happened to summer, in another two months you'll prolly have frost again.......:(

If it wasn't coming from you, I'd have a hard time believing the continual shitty weather.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I forgot the high (74?) but it was cloudy and misty in the morning, raining at noon when our hay man showed up to take away our two heifers, a couple minutes of sunshine in the afternoon (i.e., mostly cloudy). It seems to be clearing a bit now that it is dark.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I forgot the high (74?) but it was cloudy and misty in the morning, raining at noon when our hay man showed up to take away our two heifers, a couple minutes of sunshine in the afternoon (i.e., mostly cloudy). It seems to be clearing a bit now that it is dark.
Naturally, when you have to be outside, the rain begins....:gaah:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
He complained about the heavy rain he drove through to get here, so I responded with, "So it's your fault. You brought this shit with you." :)

Just went up and asked the thermometer what our high was today. It said 72.6

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not sure how warm it actually was today, I'm up on a little hill in n scottsdale, the temp is usually about 5 degrees cooler than lowlanders....it's amazing what a few hundred feet can do temp wise. It's still cooler than anytime in the recent past I can remember....and the sun isn't burning the shit of the garden this year.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm up on a little hill in n scottsdale, the temp is usually about 5 degrees cooler than lowlanders
Meteorologically, temperature drops about 3 degrees per 1,000 feet rise in altitude. But it often is more than that, which can usually be accounted for because of the breeze of air moving down the hill, dragging cooler air with it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Meteorologically, temperature drops about 3 degrees per 1,000 feet rise in altitude. But it often is more than that, which can usually be accounted for because of the breeze of air moving down the hill, dragging cooler air with it.
Never thought about the "hill" in the backyard, which is about 1500 feet... I think.

Makes sense tho

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Slept in this morning, first call wasn't until 8:00.....thought I was having a nightmare...thinking today was Sunday....man the 4th landing on Thursday really fucked up my internal mind-schedule.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Heard from Jimi today....damn, he said he's just been sick as hell. Nothing broken, just REALLY sick for some reason. He can't figure it out....and from what he explained, I have no idea either. Hope he's better soon though.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
the 4th landing on Thursday really fucked up my internal mind-schedule.
Well, that's what you get for having a "job." The only thing different here about a holiday as opposed to any other day is that there is no mail. OK, there is no mail on Sunday either, but I have it scheduled in my tiny brain to not walk out to the mailbox on Sundays.

VU Sponsors