Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall of Multiple Ophthalmic Products Sold at Wal Mart

July 5, 2019 -- Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc., announces today that it is voluntarily recalling the Over-the-Counter (OTC) drug products and lots, within expiry, sold at Wal-Mart during the time period as indicated in the tables. As a precautionary measure, Altaire is initiating the recall due to management concerns regarding the sufficiency of Quality Assurance controls over critical systems in the manufacturing facility. This recall is being carried out to the retail level and is only for the specific lots listed. No other lots are being recalled.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Felt like a cold front or monsoon was moving in this evening, wind was blowing like hell and temp dropped about 15-20 degrees in an hour.....but I don't hear any rain or thunder out yonder. Hopefully tomorrow, hasn't rained in a couple months.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Felt like a cold front or monsoon was moving in this evening, wind was blowing like hell and temp dropped about 15-20 degrees in an hour.....but I don't hear any rain or thunder out yonder. Hopefully tomorrow, hasn't rained in a couple months.
I'd be happy to send you some of our rain. :D

Actually, today was nice. It started out overcast and looking like rain (it didn't), but it started to break up before noon and by late afternoon, we were clear and sunny. High was 85 °F but the humidity was 80% so it "felt like" 100 °F (even hotter in the house). Both of us worked our asses off all day trying to clean this place up (I don't think Lannie took one break in 5 1/2 hours). Oh wait, I was supposed to say she sat on her ass in front of the boob tube eating bon bons all day, but given that neither of us even knows what a bon bon is, I guess we have to bypass that fib.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was nice, but the damn weather guessers are threatening us with it during the night tonight, so I have all the drip buckets set out just in case.
Incredible....damn you've had more days of rain than sun (I believe anyway).....add that to the cold temps during early summer and it Totals just about all shitty weather since last fall.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Partly sunny morning, mostly cloudy later, high winds all day, high of 75 but right now it is only 57 (57 in July?). A bit of mistiness, but no real rain today,
HOTTER than a SOB here today, and getting HOTTER.....:devil:

Damn laptop shit the bed first thing this morning, had to run to Best Buy for a new one......:devil:

Oh how I wish NONE of this shit was ever invented......:rolleyes:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wish NONE of this shit was ever invented
I hear ya there! Back in the days when I made a living as a writer, I was very thankful for computers (beat the shit out of my old typewriter and I could incorporate my illustrations directly in the text), but ever since the internet became more popular than talking face-to-face, they have become a royal pain in the ass. Anytime technology becomes the mainstay of civilization, then civilization dies.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry your heat has returned. I was actually very happy with the coolness today because Lannie's brother and his wife stopped by to see us on their way from Minnesota back to Washington (state). We have not seen them in about 17 years. Damn, they got old (and fat). But that visit pretty well consumed a day that otherwise could have been used to do some outside stuff. Oh well... probably won't ever see them again, and if they ever come back, it would likely be for one of our funerals. :confused: I did my best to keep his beast... uh, wife, occupied while he and Lannie reminisced about days gone by. I think they both needed that.

Tomorrow is my annual visit to the optometrist to see if I need new glasses. 150 miles round trip, but I usually do need new glasses, so I suppose it will be worth it.

Last edited:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
More rain today, Rich?
Nope... at least not yet. Partly to Mostly to Partly cloudy, high in the mid-70s. But after the optometrist visit, I couldn't do shit because I couldn't see anything. I don't know what kind of super powerful dilater she used on me, but even with sunglasses on, I could barely see the road to drive home. Then, of course, because I had been gone for hours, about a million cats thought I should stop and pet them, but not being able to see much, I was tripping on them. I was getting tipsy from lack of balance and was feeling nauseous because of the dizzy feeling, so the day was mostly wasted. I started clearing up after evening chores but I am still not all here.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope... at least not yet. Partly to Mostly to Partly cloudy, high in the mid-70s. But after the optometrist visit, I couldn't do shit because I couldn't see anything. I don't know what kind of super powerful dilater she used on me, but even with sunglasses on, I could barely see the road to drive home. Then, of course, because I had been gone for hours, about a million cats thought I should stop and pet them, but not being able to see much, I was tripping on them. I was getting tipsy from lack of balance and was feeling nauseous because of the dizzy feeling, so the day was mostly wasted. I started clearing up after evening chores but I am still not all here.
I had that shit done a couple years ago, no picnic.

No rain, truly amazing......

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had that shit done a couple years ago, no picnic.
I have an appointment for that checkup every year and usually get new glasses every year. I guess as we age, the old eyeballs just get worse and worse. The new glasses are supposed to be mailed to me in about 10 days. Maybe then I'll be able to see what I am doing, which ought to scare the shit outta me. :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Need to hit the rack, Rich....have a 7:00 appointment, with an hour drive......:wave:

Duh early bird catches the worm.....AND I will be done before it's 110+.......:vino:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Believe it was about 115 today..................:cry:

Prolly 130 in duh sun..................................:devil:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
90 °F @ 75% RH = heat index of 110 °F, so you were pretty close in your guess last night.
87 °F @ 71% RH INSIDE THE HOUSE, making it feel like 98 °F and Lannie is not sleeping well. :(

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
90 °F @ 75% RH = heat index of 110 °F, so you were pretty close in your guess last night.
87 °F @ 71% RH INSIDE THE HOUSE, making it feel like 98 °F and Lannie is not sleeping well. :(
I bet she's not sleeping well, that is just miserable.

Get anything done today?

I worked until noon....couldn't take the heat any longer.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mid 70's to 90's in one day, only in the Dakotas......:devil:

VU Sponsors