Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As of this morning, the forecast now is for 10 inches, between Wednesday night and Friday noon. And it WILL get that cold, I have no doubt. 10 inches of snow with wind (drifts) and no Bobcat? We are fucked. The pasture grass will be covered, and the round bales are crappy old hay from a couple years ago, and they're almost gone. Our hay guy has our hay for this year cut and baled, but hasn't delivered yet, so pray that this crap melts fast so he can get in here and deliver it fast, or the grazers will be out there shivering with no hay to eat to keep them warm.
I hope it passes you by with just a dusting at the most my friend

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It didn't get very warm today and our nights are in the upper 30's. Hoping it holds out for another 10 days before it frosts so I can get another load of green beans

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It didn't get very warm today and our nights are in the upper 30's. Hoping it holds out for another 10 days before it frosts so I can get another load of green beans
Hope so too....just pray what Rich has coming disintegrates before it hits your area

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Consuming .2 ounces can cause convulsions while eating .3 ounces can stir up hallucinations. For those who feel a bit braver, they can eat a whole nutmeg, but be warned, you'll enter what's called “nutmeg psychosis,” which can lead to death.Dec 5, 2017
I could imagine anyone eating a whole one:eek:, I get about 6 or 7 caps out of a whole nut and one drops me like a rock;)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nutmeg time, huh?...................:giggle:

Have great day tomorrow, Jimi

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jimi...how long does it take for the nutmeg to kick-in and make you drowsy?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was looking at the forecast, can't blame Lannie for being beside herself.....hope it's wrong, which has certainly happened in the past

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I also hope it is wrong... in the gooder direction. (Yeah, I am practicing to be a redneck) :)

My body is absolutely beat today (and Lannie hurts too). We went out and shoveled cow shit in hopes of clearing that barn a bit before all hell breaks loose (in case the above wish does not come true), then changed out all the window screens for their winter counterparts (them thar stormy windoze). That stressed both of my rotator cuffs (ow ow ow oh shit that hurts). Almost fell off the damn ladder a couple times, but Lannie kept me upright. Tomorrow, we empty, clean, and move the horse trough into the barn, then refill in there (where it can be plugged in so the water doesn't freeze), and I have to take the tools and hose and stuff out of the garden and see if there is anything worth picking. Sigh...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I also hope it is wrong... in the gooder direction. (Yeah, I am practicing to be a redneck) :)

My body is absolutely beat today (and Lannie hurts too). We went out and shoveled cow shit in hopes of clearing that barn a bit before all hell breaks loose (in case the above wish does not come true), then changed out all the window screens for their winter counterparts (them thar stormy windoze). That stressed both of my rotator cuffs (ow ow ow oh shit that hurts). Almost fell off the damn ladder a couple times, but Lannie kept me upright. Tomorrow, we empty, clean, and move the horse trough into the barn, then refill in there (where it can be plugged in so the water doesn't freeze), and I have to take the tools and hose and stuff out of the garden and see if there is anything worth picking. Sigh...
I hear you Rich, this is nutty....or better yet, bizarre

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, but I still have some computer shit to get done because I couldn't do it this morning due to all that work Lannie and I had to get done.
Have a good day tomorrow, if that's possible....I need to hit the hay, doctor appointment at 7:00...head to a job after

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Take 'er easy, amigo. (shiiiiittt, take 'er any way y'all can) :D and have a good night and a better day tomorrow.

More BS tomorrow night. :)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not yet. It was very mild today. Sunny, 76 ºF (82 in the house). I worked my ass off all day and am about to fall over...

Last edited:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yup. Emptied the horse through (it is outside all summer) and scrubbed the bejezus out of it (it's a 100-gallon RubberMaid tub with a heating element at the bottom), then dragged it into the barn, plugged it into the wall, and refilled it. Took care of tons of little but heavy chores that I don't want to have to do while wading through a foot of snow, like filling the chicken bin (60 pounds of wheat), emptying the cat's shitty litter bucket into the pit (about 40#), bring a new bucket of fresh litter into the house, fill the kitchen rice container from the shop bin, bring in dog meat from the garage freezer, take out the upstairs garbage, etc., etc. I even stuffed another bottle of kratom capsules for Lannie after dinner.

Tomorrow, I clean out the garden before the snow starts. IF I can even walk...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yup. Emptied the horse through (it is outside all summer) and scrubbed the bejezus out of it (it's a 100-gallon RubberMaid tub with a heating element at the bottom), then dragged it into the barn, plugged it into the wall, and refilled it. Took care of tons of little but heavy chores that I don't want to have to do while wading through a foot of snow, like filling the chicken bin (60 pounds of wheat), emptying the cat's shitty litter bucket into the pit (about 40#), bring a new bucket of fresh litter into the house, fill the kitchen rice container from the shop bin, bring in dog meat from the garage freezer, take out the upstairs garbage, etc., etc. I even stuffed another bottle of kratom capsules for Lannie after dinner.

Tomorrow, I clean out the garden before the snow starts. IF I can even walk...
You find anything in the garden?...or just pulling the weeds to have a look?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was about 95 today and I'm sick of this heat.....got a thumbs up from the doc regarding blood work, then went to work for a few hours

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You find anything in the garden?...or just pulling the weeds to have a look?
Never got around to the garden today. There is nothing visible to be picked, but might be hiding behind weeds. I'll find out tomorrow.

got a thumbs up from the doc regarding blood work,
Isn't it nice when one of those doctor types gives you GOOD news?

Hiya Sir James!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My nutmeg is supposed to arrive tomorrow....ended up getting it from walmart, even cheaper yet....but not sure about the quality tho

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ya know even when i don't do one I still sleep good from being in the groove
That's good. The biggest aspect of sleep is not worrying constantly, glad to hear your not

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My nutmeg is supposed to arrive tomorrow....ended up getting it from walmart, even cheaper yet....but not sure about the quality tho
That's the bad thing about on line, our health food store just changed hands kinda scarry. I use to get my bulk oat meal there fo Organic Gluten free, scoop out about 5 pounds for 10 bucks, not bad for gluten free organic

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's the bad thing about on line, our health food store just changed hands kinda scarry. I use to get my bulk oat meal there fo Organic Gluten free, scoop out about 5 pounds for 10 bucks, not bad for gluten free organic
I love that shit too, with NUTMEG in it............:D

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's good. The biggest aspect of sleep is not worrying constantly, glad to hear your not
When I am doing the Nut meg I make some "LOOSE" cap ful and a few half full, after you do them for a while even a half will be enough. They always make me sleep well;)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I am doing the Nut meg I make some "LOOSE" cap ful and a few half full, after you do them for a while even a half will be enough. They always make me sleep well;)
That's good to hear Jimi...I'll find out tomorrow night, altho lately I haven't had any problems sleeping after busting my ass all day....everyday

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Weird, isn't it? Today the high temp was 76, tomorrow down to 44 and the next day the HIGH will be only 26.
wx.JPG

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I eat oatmeal for breakfast every day, that way you never haveta wonder whats for breakfast:giggle::giggle:
I have it once in awhile, I can't live with my smoothies....although I usually toss some oatmeal chia or flax in the juice

VU Sponsors