Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, and the House just passed legislation to let all the illegal Ag workers stay here indefinitely and have a path to citizenship, even if they are guilty of crimes. I hope the Senate stops that bill.
Those damn jackasses are getting nuttier by the hour.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rich, I held off as long as I could....it's rack time....musta walked five miles today, uphill both directions.....:oops:

Have a good one tomorrow while I work......:devil:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Those damn jackasses are getting nuttier by the hour.
Yes, they are, and the vote went right down the aisle; all Dems voted Yes and all Republicans votes No. If the same thing happens in the Senate, it will be garbaged. Unfortunately, if the Republicans in agricultural states want to support low-wage worker for farms, the assholes might pass it. I wish they would all look at the big picture. This might help farmers, but it hurts the country as a whole.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, they are, and the vote went right down the aisle; all Dems voted Yes and all Republicans votes No. If the same thing happens in the Senate, it will be garbaged. Unfortunately, if the Republicans in agricultural states want to support low-wage worker for farms, the assholes might pass it. I wish they would all look at the big picture. This might help farmers, but it hurts the country as a whole.
Indeed....it's anyone's guess what all the jackasses may do....!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Worked most of the day, drove to the mountain I found the motherlode ---:teehee:---found one nugget that weighed almost two grams. Now I'm shot....can barely keep the eyes open, and need to be at tomorrow's appointment at 8:00...but it's only 8 minutes from my house....:)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Windy?.........:facepalm:
Actually, no. They blew the forecast in our favor. It was supposed to be around 40+ mph from 11 AM to 6 PM and I don't think it went over 10 mph until about 5 PM. Had a couple hours of 20-25, then it calmed down to 10 mph again. Temp got up to 59 but it is back down to 33 at the moment.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Actually, no. They blew the forecast in our favor. It was supposed to be around 40+ mph from 11 AM to 6 PM and I don't think it went over 10 mph until about 5 PM. Had a couple hours of 20-25, then it calmed down to 10 mph again. Temp got up to 59 but it is back down to 33 at the moment.
You lucked out....!

That's odd....................:sad:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Worked all day, I'm shot again.....:popcorn:
Yeah, me too. The cows knocked over about 100 yards of fence (bent T-posts in soft ground) and broke the gate, so I tried to fix all that. You know how hard it is trying to pound a post in when you've got a screwed up rotator. I also came in with a smashed finger and a severe pain in my left calf for which I have no explanation whatsoever.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, me too. The cows knocked over about 100 yards of fence (bent T-posts in soft ground) and broke the gate, so I tried to fix all that. You know how hard it is trying to pound a post in when you've got a screwed up rotator. I also came in with a smashed finger and a severe pain in my left calf for which I have no explanation whatsoever.
Not a good day, your luck just keeps getting BETTER.....remember....positive thinking....:vino:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Positive thinking.... yeah, I'm gonna win the lottery and retire to a tropical island full of naked... uh, monkeys (remember, my wife reads this thread). :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I hope your luckier tomorrow.....:)

Can't keep the lids open, have a good one...!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah. It is currently 27 and dropping. Some damn forecasters say we're gonna get dumped on this weekend. Depending on the weather site, anywhere from 12-18" accumulation. Shazbot!
Damn, ol' BC may get its first good workout......:D

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did two jobs today, then went prospecting at the nearest mountain down the street, only thing I got was tore up by a Mesquite.....:rolleyes:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn, ol' BC may get its first good workout......:D
Yeah, bob will get to move a lot of that white shit. We moved up taking Morgaine to see the bull over at Pine Creek Ranch to today because of this forecast. And when we came back with the empty trailer, I parked it up near the garage so that bob will have a clear area to move snow out of back by the cow barn, then, assuming the roads get plowed, we can go pick her up next week and have a clear spot to unload when we bring her home.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, bob will get to move a lot of that white shit. We moved up taking Morgaine to see the bull over at Pine Creek Ranch to today because of this forecast. And when we came back with the empty trailer, I parked it up near the garage so that bob will have a clear area to move snow out of back by the cow barn, then, assuming the roads get plowed, we can go pick her up next week and have a clear spot to unload when we bring her home.
Pre-Planning....it's a good thing at times.....:)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
High temperature today was 30 with light snow in the morning and again in the evening, neither of which was in the forecast. Other than that, SSDD.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When is the blizzard supposed to arrive?..........:sad:
That depends on which weather guesser site you choose to believe. One says Thursday night through Sunday morning, another says Friday afternoon through Sunday evening. Both say high winds on Saturday.

The HIGH temp here at home today was only 28, but it was my monthly shopping day so I was off running around gathering the necessities. I experienced at least 5 minutes of sunshine on that trip and, closer to Rapid City, about 5 minutes of snow. They (Spearfish, Sturgis, Rapid City) had about half an inch of snow on the ground today from yesterday's flurries and we never got more than a bare trace. THEY claim they will get no more than 6 inches this weekend, yet the guessers are still saying WE will have between 12-18 inches.

Today was grueling and painful and I have leg cramps again. I am so tired I can barely sit up here at this darn computer, but I am sure Lannie worked much harder here at home without my help, so I won't bother to elaborate on my trials. All I can say is OUCH (and numerous expletives you don't really want to hear). :rolleyes:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That depends on which weather guesser site you choose to believe. One says Thursday night through Sunday morning, another says Friday afternoon through Sunday evening. Both say high winds on Saturday.

The HIGH temp here at home today was only 28, but it was my monthly shopping day so I was off running around gathering the necessities. I experienced at least 5 minutes of sunshine on that trip and, closer to Rapid City, about 5 minutes of snow. They (Spearfish, Sturgis, Rapid City) had about half an inch of snow on the ground today from yesterday's flurries and we never got more than a bare trace. THEY claim they will get no more than 6 inches this weekend, yet the guessers are still saying WE will have between 12-18 inches.

Today was grueling and painful and I have leg cramps again. I am so tired I can barely sit up here at this darn computer, but I am sure Lannie worked much harder here at home without my help, so I won't bother to elaborate on my trials. All I can say is OUCH (and numerous expletives you don't really want to hear). :rolleyes:
Hope you feel better tomorrow. I just worked as usual then went prospecting at a new location, got .54 gram nuget, that's it for my day.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
prospecting at a new location, got .54 gram nuget
I haven't been keeping track of your gold strikes, :D but have you accumulated enough yet to pay off your new metal detector?

Oh shit, I just thought of another prospecting question: is finding gold like having a job? That is, do you have to pay taxes on what you find (as if it was any of their damn business)?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't been keeping track of your gold strikes, :D but have you accumulated enough yet to pay off your new metal detector?

Oh shit, I just thought of another prospecting question: is finding gold like having a job? That is, do you have to pay taxes on what you find (as if it was any of their damn business)?
Have about 16 grams so far just hitting the mountains about a half dozen times....so yes, it's paying for the detector with profit. Tax?....not sure I'm familiar with that....:)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know which category it would fall into. Winning the lottery is a windfall, so is taxed at a different rate than having a job. But to find gold requires "work," so I was just wondering if it would fall in that category.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
need to hit the rack
Yeah, me too. Not only am I tired as hell, but I am babysitting a sick kitten tonight who desperately needs to sleep in my energy field. Hopefully we will both wake up tomorrow feeling batter than tonight. Yak at ya tomorrow.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
TURKEY DAY: The high temp here today was 25 ºF (oddly, after sunset) but most of the day, it hovered around 20 ºF with winds 30 mph gusting to a shade over 40 (chill factor was -1 ºF), so you can imagine what it felt like being outside taking care of last minute items (like unloading the alfalfa and beet pulp shreds from the truck) before the damn predicted blizzard of tomorrow evening. We have a few more last minute things to do in the morning, but I am hoping the wind is less (please, gawd). :(

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
TURKEY DAY: The high temp here today was 25 ºF (oddly, after sunset) but most of the day, it hovered around 20 ºF with winds 30 mph gusting to a shade over 40 (chill factor was -1 ºF), so you can imagine what it felt like being outside taking care of last minute items (like unloading the alfalfa and beet pulp shreds from the truck) before the damn predicted blizzard of tomorrow evening. We have a few more last minute things to do in the morning, but I am hoping the wind is less (please, gawd). :(
Nippy indeed. We didn't get the rain they guessed, just partly cloudy. Perhaps tomorrow....haven't looked at tomorrow's guess.

VU Sponsors