Become a Patron!

P4Y iPV3 150watt box mod in hand. < FIRST LOOKS >

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey gang. I received my Pioneer4You iPV3 150watt box mod in the mail today. I wanted to get some first looks out to those of you considering making this purchase. I hope this information helps a little bit. (Please forgive my photos. They are terrible, I know).
I will present you with my observations and whatever specifications I could gather here in this original post. In a few days after i use this box for a while I will post below (in a reply) my final OPINION about whether or not I think this box mod is worth it or not.
If you have specific questions that I might be able to answer about this box, please feel free to post. Thanks ALL!

Specs Minimum Typical Max
Output Power 7 Watts 150 Watts
Output Voltage 1 Volts 7 Volts
Output Current 40 A
Atomizer Resistance 0.1 Ohms 1.5 Ohms 3.0 Ohms
Input Voltage 6.2 Volts 3.7 Volts 8.5 Volts
Input Current 1.3 A 10.0 A 30.0 A
Screen On Current 25 mA
Quiescent Current 1 mA
Power Down Current 350 uA
Efficiency 95%
Screen size 0.69" OLED
Fire Method Regular Button & Touch Sensor
Adjust Power Method Up and Down Button
USB Charging for Battery NO (charge port)
Software Upgrade/GUI operate Upgradeable USB
Charging for Mobile Phone NO

SIZE comparison (see photos)
Ipv2 100mm tall x 50mm wide x 22mm thick (the ipv2s 60 watt is the same size)
Ipv3 105mm tall x 59mm wide x 23mm thick (shape is slightly different)
Just for comparison purposes:
Sigelei 100w dimensions: 102mm tall x 56mm wide x 23 mm thick
SMY God 180w dimensions: 119mm tall x 69mm wide x 30mm thick (3 18650’s)

Other Notable Differences:
  • The ipv3 uses two 18650 batteries. P4Y recommends using two IMR 30amp batteries and fully charged when installed (ie paired together).
  • The side buttons have been changed from a flattened BB style on the ipv2 to a more Hana type BB button that is now countersunk with polished edging (see photos)
  • The ipv3 box edging has been polished on the ipv3 (see photos).
  • The finish and paint on the ipv3 box seems slightly better
  • The ipv3 box material appears to be a bit thicker/stronger (which may add some weight)
  • The inside of the ipv3 box looks to be slightly redesigned with screws holding plastic casing in and some sort of seal inside the back door. (see photos)
  • The back plate has been redesigned. This may be to prevent e-liquid leaking into box battery door seam
  • There is a new hologram QC sticker inside and location has been changed
  • There are two larger set hex screws holding the back battery plate on (the ipv2 has two super tiny Phillips head screws). There are two Phillips head screws enclosed if you wish to swap them out.
  • The 510 connection on the ipv3 is now spring loaded (auto adjust)
  • The USB on the ipv3 is for firmware updates only (see the yihi website for download information http://www.yihiecigar.com/product_cat_list/YiHiEcigar-SX330-V3-S-150W-c20092.html)
  • There is a charge port on the side of the ipv3. The power/charging cord DOES NOT COME WITH IT at this time (but apparently can be purchased separately from P4Y at a later date). It appears to be a 9v 1amp size and aftermarket cords may work. (Proceed with caution.)
  • The ipv2s is supposedly water resistant. It is unsure, although the back seal looks similar and some vendors make this claim, that the ipv3 is also water resistant. (Proceed with caution.)
  • There is a 12-month warranty on this product if purchased through an authorized retailer. Warranty can be handled through Asmodus, a California company. (See warranty card enclosed in the ipv3 box). Please note… Asmodus recently changed their policy on return shipping cost. http://asmodus.com/warrantyinformation/pioneer4you.html :mad:

DSCN0107.JPGDSCN0099.JPG[URL='http://asmodus.com/warrantyinformation/pioneer4you.html']DSCN0100.JPG DSCN0101.JPG DSCN0095.JPG[URL='http://asmodus.com/warrantyinformation/pioneer4you.html']DSCN0102.JPG DSCN0103.JPG DSCN0105.JPG DSCN0106.JPG [/URL][/URL]

I will try to post a few better pictures later... maybe the packaging and instruction booklet. I sort of rushed through this post to just get it out there to you. Again... I hope this helps.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey gang. I received my Pioneer4You iPV3 150watt box mod in the mail today. I wanted to get some first looks out to those of you considering making this purchase. I hope this information helps a little bit. (Please forgive my photos. They are terrible, I know).
I will present you with my observations and whatever specifications I could gather here in this original post. In a few days after i use this box for a while I will post below (in a reply) my final OPINION about whether or not I think this box mod is worth it or not.
If you have specific questions that I might be able to answer about this box, please feel free to post. Thanks ALL!

Specs Minimum Typical Max
Output Power 7 Watts 150 Watts
Output Voltage 1 Volts 7 Volts
Output Current 40 A
Atomizer Resistance 0.1 Ohms 1.5 Ohms 3.0 Ohms
Input Voltage 6.2 Volts 3.7 Volts 8.5 Volts
Input Current 1.3 A 10.0 A 30.0 A
Screen On Current 25 mA
Quiescent Current 1 mA
Power Down Current 350 uA
Efficiency 95%
Screen size 0.69" OLED
Fire Method Regular Button & Touch Sensor
Adjust Power Method Up and Down Button
USB Charging for Battery NO (charge port)
Software Upgrade/GUI operate Upgradeable USB
Charging for Mobile Phone NO

SIZE comparison (see photos)
Ipv2 100mm tall x 50mm wide x 22mm thick (the ipv2s 60 watt is the same size)
Ipv3 105mm tall x 59mm wide x 23mm thick (shape is slightly different)
Just for comparison purposes:
Sigelei 100w dimensions: 102mm tall x 56mm wide x 23 mm thick
SMY God 180w dimensions: 119mm tall x 69mm wide x 30mm thick (3 18650’s)

Other Notable Differences:
  • The ipv3 uses two 18650 batteries. P4Y recommends using two IMR 30amp batteries and fully charged when installed (ie paired together).
  • The side buttons have been changed from a flattened BB style on the ipv2 to a more Hana type BB button that is now countersunk with polished edging (see photos)
  • The ipv3 box edging has been polished on the ipv3 (see photos).
  • The finish and paint on the ipv3 box seems slightly better
  • The ipv3 box material appears to be a bit thicker/stronger (which may add some weight)
  • The inside of the ipv3 box looks to be slightly redesigned with screws holding plastic casing in and some sort of seal inside the back door. (see photos)
  • The back plate has been redesigned. This may be to prevent e-liquid leaking into box battery door seam
  • There is a new hologram QC sticker inside and location has been changed
  • There are two larger set hex screws holding the back battery plate on (the ipv2 has two super tiny Phillips head screws). There are two Phillips head screws enclosed if you wish to swap them out.
  • The 510 connection on the ipv3 is now spring loaded (auto adjust)
  • The USB on the ipv3 is for firmware updates only (see the yihi website for download information http://www.yihiecigar.com/product_cat_list/YiHiEcigar-SX330-V3-S-150W-c20092.html)
  • There is a charge port on the side of the ipv3. The power/charging cord DOES NOT COME WITH IT at this time (but apparently can be purchased separately from P4Y at a later date). It appears to be a 9v 1amp size and aftermarket cords may work. (Proceed with caution.)
  • The ipv2s is supposedly water resistant. It is unsure, although the back seal looks similar and some vendors make this claim, that the ipv3 is also water resistant. (Proceed with caution.)
  • There is a 12-month warranty on this product if purchased through an authorized retailer. Warranty can be handled through Asmodus, a California company. (See warranty card enclosed in the ipv3 box). Please note… Asmodus recently changed their policy on return shipping cost. http://asmodus.com/warrantyinformation/pioneer4you.html :mad:
So when you hook it up to the YIHI software it will not allow you to ajust wattage just firmware upgrade just curious

View attachment 6221View attachment 6213View attachment 6214 View attachment 6215 View attachment 6220View attachment 6216 View attachment 6217 View attachment 6218 View attachment 6219

I will try to post a few better pictures later... maybe the packaging and instruction booklet. I sort of rushed through this post to just get it out there to you. Again... I hope this helps.

The sigeli seems better built, this judging from the photo's looks cheapish, Nice quick peek review and it is appreciated. btw how did you gets your so quickly? I have been looking for website that stock these and there all still pre-orders

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i haven't had the opportunity to have the sig 100 box in hand so i can't compare. I know BugOutMachine has one and did an excellent review online and thread here. I have heard that they are having some concern as to the accuracy of the screen information (w/v) but i cannot confirm this personally. I would like to do a side by side.

I will say that so far the iPV3 is working like a champ. I like the new memory function option (5 adjustable preset memory settings so you can change easily with new tanks). The touch fire seems to be permanently disabled (checking on that for more info). This isn't an issue for me personally because i would manually disable it anyway. I really like the detail and finish quality of the outside of the box a lot... the inside, agreed, isn't as impressive. Back screws are a huge improvement to prior version. Two batteries makes this seem to last forever. Oh... yeah, i like the new buttons too.

I think vendors should begin to get shipments sent to them on or after the 26th. I heard Eciggity (sp?) has a bulk coming. There was some stores that have posted online that an Oct 1st ship date from vendor to customer.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Nice quick peek. Are those magnets I see?

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No magnets (YET) but it seems like it would be an easier modification than the ipv2 would be. They did use some very good quality hex (i think that is the term) screws (and a tool included). They also included two larger phillips heads to swap out as well (which i might do)

The inside back of the box has these ridges on the top and bottom and the removable door has this kind of plastic film glued to the inside (assuming these are to help prevent juice leak). Anyway, it seems very tight and seals well. (not that i am gonna drop it in water to see for sure)

I think the box is a different type of metal. Not a cheap or thin as the previous aluminum was. BUT it doesn't seem to attract a magnet. Thoughts anyone?

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the review. Hopefully someone will get an unbiased video review posted before too long. Kind of sucks that no charging cord is included since just about every vendor had it in their description. Looking forward for mine arriving.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I gotta say.. I'm not overly impressed with how it looks.. maybe it just needs to be cleaned up but it doesn't look brand new at all.. looks like its been through a shit storm lol.

i guess as long as it vapes good thats all that matters but still - little disappointed.

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does the screen have a protective film? Looks like it is still on in the picture.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does the ipv3 buck down?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the review. Hopefully someone will get an unbiased video review posted before too long. Kind of sucks that no charging cord is included since just about every vendor had it in their description. Looking forward for mine arriving.
Well there's no charging port to plug a cord into. AFAIK none of the dual (or more) battery ones coming out include a charge port. At least I don't recall seeing one. Probably take a while to charge 2 18650's at once off of USB. The Sigelei comes with magnets because they know you'll be swapping. I'm kind of surprised Pioneer didn't include them on this one.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I gotta say.. I'm not overly impressed with how it looks.. maybe it just needs to be cleaned up but it doesn't look brand new at all.. looks like its been through a shit storm lol.
i guess as long as it vapes good thats all that matters but still - little disappointed.

I have to confess... my camera work and the fact that it had juice on it does make it look sort of shitty. I apologize. I have a physical disability and admit i am not too good with things like that. I did the best i could with what i had to quickly get some shots and info out to you.
When it is clean - which it is at the moment - it does look pretty good. The finish is much nicer than the painted aluminum look on the ipv2. The inside isn't as impressive to me as the ipv2.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Does the screen have a protective film? Looks like it is still on in the picture.

All of the plastic areas come with a protective film that can be peeled off. It was, sorry.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well there's no charging port to plug a cord into. AFAIK none of the dual (or more) battery ones coming out include a charge port. At least I don't recall seeing one. Probably take a while to charge 2 18650's at once off of USB. The Sigelei comes with magnets because they know you'll be swapping. I'm kind of surprised Pioneer didn't include them on this one.

There IS a small circular charge port hole on the one side (opposite of the fire, +/- side) with a light that turns on when plugged in. The USB will not charge unit... only for firmware.
I cannot believe that P4Y is shipping these without the charge cord. ?!?!?!? Seems like a major brain fart on their part. I am told an after market 9v plug (like nokia i think) will work. Haven't tried it. Supposedly they will be selling these separate for $10.00. Stupid in my opinion.
Truthfully the battery life is so long (and the back plate is easily opened to remove and charge/swap batteries) that i haven't had to worry about a charge cord. I may look for one and try it. I am particularly interested in a CAR charger that would work for those long trip. Open to suggestions on one to try

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have to confess... my camera work and the fact that it had juice on it does make it look sort of shitty. I apologize. I have a physical disability and admit i am not too good with things like that. I did the best i could with what i had to quickly get some shots and info out to you.
When it is clean - which it is at the moment - it does look pretty good. The finish is much nicer than the painted aluminum look on the ipv2. The inside isn't as impressive to me as the ipv2.

No worries Bud - just didn't know if thats how it looked right out of the box or not.. The inside doesn't look great but maybe it was just a fluke with the one you got? Time will tell when others start to get them.. I just hope this wasn't a rush job on their end to try and compete with the higher watt mods dropping..

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There IS a small circular charge port hole on the one side (opposite of the fire, +/- side) with a light that turns on when plugged in. The USB will not charge unit... only for firmware.
I cannot believe that P4Y is shipping these without the charge cord. ?!?!?!? Seems like a major brain fart on their part. I am told an after market 9v plug (like nokia i think) will work. Haven't tried it. Supposedly they will be selling these separate for $10.00. Stupid in my opinion.
Truthfully the battery life is so long (and the back plate is easily opened to remove and charge/swap batteries) that i haven't had to worry about a charge cord. I may look for one and try it. I am particularly interested in a CAR charger that would work for those long trip. Open to suggestions on one to try
That's what happens when you don't read closely. I was under the impression none of the dual boxes charged by USB.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Uhm... i am not quite sure what that means. Help me understand and i will do my best to answer the question.
"step down" for example. The hana mods dump battery voltage under 4v. A 1.2ohm build just dumps battery voltage under 13.5w(4v). Can I actually get, say, 11w(3.3v) into a 1ohm coil?

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My initial answer is yes but i might need someone with more vape experience than me to answer that.
if the iPV2 does then yes, i would say that this one does too. It is the same Yihisx330 chip (just a newer version)
I am looking for a more definitive answer. BugOut Machine will be better at this. Let me see if i can get him to chime in.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Found this answer from a moderator on another forum: "...that being said, the IPV3 does down regulate all the way to 1v."

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My initial answer is yes but i might need someone with more vape experience than me to answer that.
if the iPV2 does then yes, i would say that this one does too. It is the same Yihisx330 chip (just a newer version)
I am looking for a more definitive answer. BugOut Machine will be better at this. Let me see if i can get him to chime in.
I didn't think the 330 did but this is a newer version and did see it goes down to 1v. If it in fact does. I think I need one.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about the 510 connection? Any issues with the atty sitting flush? Stable ohm readings?

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Stable ohm readings...but only time will tell on the spring loaded 510...

Www.soundcloud.com/suspect-k
;)

The dna, sx330 2, and cna are boost chips.. they take extra current from the battery to proVide more voltage the battery can provide by itself. Dna and sx chips are DC-DC.

The sx 350 and smy god are boost and buck chips..sx 350 is DC-DC.

The ipv3 bucks the voltage from two series batteries..so it is a buck regulated device.

Buck and boost regulators google..

Hey
A german reviewer posted a video about the ipv3, that he bought at inter-tabac in Dortmund (a industry convention ).
He did his advanced testing and found out, that the device only delivered 80 watts at the 150 watts setting on a 0.3 coil. Maybe that's a prerelease version)( he mentioned that the touch sensor didn't worked). I don't know. The test results and graphs are starting from the 19 minute mark, for those people that don't understand German.
Akkuträger-Review: IPV v3 150 Watt Mod Box von Pi…:

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you over heated your mod? I've over heated my IPV2 from sitting flush...several times.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Have you over heated your mod? I've over heated my IPV2 from sitting flush...several times.
not yet. According to the instruction booklet (included in box) the ipv3 has "temperature overheat protection" (whatever that is).

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If temp is too high for chip...it won't let you continue to fire.

Hopefully with the IPV3, they made the sensor internal to the chip better. My IPV2 will over heat if atty is flush...and I vape like do most of the time.

My friend came over with a reactor with a vape jam...oh emm gee. I may be going that route till I decide my high wattage apv.

So lp reo+ reo4, and maybe a bf plume veil, new powerhouse mech, and better regulated mod..lol..needs.

I haven't sent my ipv off yet..touch sensor failed after a month at the most..lol..but the new ipv 2 would still be working probably.

My taj ji didn't mess with the 510..now it does. At least I had some time without vape spikes.

Getting a 510 conversion for estia.

Check out the gus estia...I'm in love with mine. It would be paradise on a ipv2, or just a little more, range

Jonnyfalmouth

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
has anyone confirmed that the touch sensor will not work or is this only on early models. Maybe you have a prototype where did you order it from???

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey
A german reviewer posted a video about the ipv3, that he bought at inter-tabac in Dortmund (a industry convention ).
He did his advanced testing and found out, that the device only delivered 80 watts at the 150 watts setting on a 0.3 coil. Maybe that's a prerelease version)( he mentioned that the touch sensor didn't worked). I don't know. The test results and graphs are starting from the 19 minute mark, for those people that don't understand German.
Akkuträger-Review: IPV v3 150 Watt Mod Box von Pi…:

It's good we got Budkiss as a tester to reveal these things so others won't be pissed .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
has anyone confirmed that the touch sensor will not work or is this only on early models. Maybe you have a prototype where did you order it from???

None of these units should be prototypes , P4U has had plenty of time to test them and if your paying full retail you definitely should not be getting a beta unit.

Think i'll wait till the iPV 4 , you know that will have magnets.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor

They disabled the touch fire on the ipv2s and ipv3 because it is 'water resistant'. (NOT than I am gonna put that claim to the test but their youtube video shows the guy dunk it in water and then fire it up). My unit is not a prototype, trust me, it was just one of the first ones off the production line. I got it direct from P4Y

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
None of these units should be prototypes , P4U has had plenty of time to test them and if your paying full retail you definitely should not be getting a beta unit. Think i'll wait till the iPV 4 , you know that will have magnets.

i agree... i think their R&D is already planning for magnets on future models. The screws on this version however are a huge improvement from those amazingly small annoying screws on the ipv2. UGH! (BTW they include phillips head screws in case you want to swap out the hex screws). Magnets would be so much easier.

The back plate seal is much better (maybe because of the so called water resistant claim) and so far no juice leaks inside the box (and i have had plenty of juice leak out of my rda trying to hit it at 150w)

They are being real hush hush about the next model. I have tried to get some inside scoop... no go. I will let everyone know if i find out something. They did admit the next model has a "technological advance" whatever the heck that means. Maybe a dual 26650? That would be cool.

The biggest negative i have so far about the ipv3... the inside of the box doesn't look as surprisingly "clean" as the ipv2 was.
On one of my units the spring 510 connector was a little loose but easy fixed.
NOT happy that power cord is not included. So stupid on their part. (usb IS included but that is only for firmware) I am looking for an aftermarket plug and car charger to fit. I think it is 9volts 12 amps but waiting for a reply to know for sure before i try it.
I am also concerned about the ongoing drama with Asmodus warranty.

Anyway... i hope some of this helps

Jonnyfalmouth

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Why are they advertising the touch sensor if it doesn't work??

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They disabled the touch fire on the ipv2s and ipv3 because it is 'water resistant'. (NOT than I am gonna put that claim to the test but their youtube video shows the guy dunk it in water and then fire it up). My unit is not a prototype, trust me, it was just one of the first ones off the production line. I got it direct from P4Y
It's disabled because if you get it wet it will fire the mod constantly.

Jonnyfalmouth

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I have already pre ordered mine it just kinda sucks that the touch sensor doesn't work they should have just done away with it all together if it doesn't function the charger I can deal with I can easily find a Nokia phone cable

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes I have lots os times most of the time now I use an extender with a home made vented extender or my gooseneck yeah it gets hot as hell
This V3 is starting more and more to make me glad I have not made a decision yet

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They advertised this product at a certain price with a list of features. They either need the make the touch sensor active and include the charging cable or lower the price.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They advertised this product at a certain price with a list of features. They either need the make the touch sensor active and include the charging cable or lower the price.
good luck with that !!!...even better suggestion...stop buying chinese garbage!!!

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I am in dialogue with P4Y about what is going on with the touch fire as well.
A bit confused because the unit HAS the touch fire but it doesn't work. So maybe this is due to water resistant issue.

Jonnyfalmouth

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Luckily I only paid 102 bucks for my pre order most are 140 or higher but still I would like to have all advertised features to work and the charging cable

Jonnyfalmouth

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe the firmware update that they claim will happen will include activated the touch sensor probly just wishful thinking on my part

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here is a peak at my ipv3. I added a black mamba wrap to the front and back panel for a little extra grip.

View attachment 6306

Are those machine marks all around the beveled edge ? So the iPV 4 will be the bomb it sounds lol, much more advanced tech they say (until the iPV V comes out at least ) , yeah , well see , as soon as their done selling as many iPV III 's as they can..

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got an email from kidney puncher about their per order. It looks like the release date has been pushed back to
10/3. The touch sensor button is still being advertised and now it states USB charging . I guess only time will tell but if this is true I just may be back in.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The delay came from the Germany expo claim about accurate wattage issues. Apparently his unit wasn't accurate at higher wattages.

The touch fire thing is technically ON the box but it is for practical purposes, disabled. I guess you can't have water resistant AND touch fire at the same time (it has to be one or the other). I heard online that it can be reactivated with firmware software update. P4Y hasn't confirmed that for me personally.

There is NO usb charging on the ipv3. The usb is only for firmware upgrades. They added a small charge port on the side of the unit for plugging it in.
I have seen some sites selling (as preorder) with this typo/mistake. I have seen others that haven't mentioned that the power cord doesnt come with it.
They include the USB cord in the package but not the other. so stupid in my opinion.

VU Sponsors