Become a Patron!

P4Y iPV3 150watt box mod in hand. < FIRST LOOKS >

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
AFTER FIVE DAYS OF VAPING ON THE IPV3...

SO far i really LIKE
having 150 watts POSSIBLE (although i don't usually vape that high). I like being able to build down to .1 coil (although i usually don't go that low). I like having two batteries... the units goes all day, hard core without a need to change or charge. I am OK with the back screws. They are a huge improvement from the ipv2 but magnets would be so more helpful. I like the back door/plate seal. No juice inside yet. I like the box finish and the polished edging. It is much nicer than previous box imo. I like the spring 510 connector. I like the new buttons - major improvement.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE... the touch screen is on the box but it is disabled. If you are gonna have it on there, make it work otherwise take the damn thing off entirely. I am concerned about the wattage issues and accuracy. If the germany expo thing is confirmed then they have some serious issues to work out. (Heard Sigelei is having similar problems. Could it be the YiHI sx330 v3 chip that they both use?) I don't like that the power cord is not included in fancy gift box. Screw including the micro USB cord... we all have some of those laying around. The power cord is proprietary and hard to match in aftermarket cords. (9volts 12 amps super tiny plug). Send us that cord and not at an extra cost. I also don't like the ongoing BS with Asmodus about warranty and shipping cost. Ridiculous.

As far as a 100-120.00 box mod that goes up to (assume it is true) 150 watts... all things considered i like it. Not perfect but good. Better than previous version imo

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

SO far i really LIKE
having 150 watts POSSIBLE (although i don't usually vape that high). I like being able to build down to .1 coil (although i usually don't go that low). I like having two batteries... the units goes all day, hard core without a need to change or charge. I am OK with the back screws. They are a huge improvement from the ipv2 but magnets would be so more helpful. I like the back door/plate seal. No juice inside yet. I like the box finish and the polished edging. It is much nicer than previous box imo. I like the spring 510 connector. I like the new buttons - major improvement.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE... the touch screen is on the box but it is disabled. If you are gonna have it on there, make it work otherwise take the damn thing off entirely. I am concerned about the wattage issues and accuracy. If the germany expo thing is confirmed then they have some serious issues to work out. (Heard Sigelei is having similar problems. Could it be the YiHI sx330 v3 chip that they both use?) I don't like that the power cord is not included in fancy gift box. Screw including the micro USB cord... we all have some of those laying around. The power cord is proprietary and hard to match in aftermarket cords. (9volts 12 amps super tiny plug). Send us that cord and not at an extra cost. I also don't like the ongoing BS with Asmodus about warranty and shipping cost. Ridiculous.

As far as a 100-120.00 box mod that goes up to (assume it is true) 150 watts... all things considered i like it. Not perfect but good. Better than previous version imo
Do you have the ability to use a multimeter on your rda posts? Simple way to tell if you're getting anywhere near the 150w

nashman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

SO far i really LIKE

Not including the power cord on a $100.00 + mod is beyond ridiculous , P4U might not realize it but this Asmodus BS and the other little things do cost them sales . Enough to make them care , obviously not .

You mentioned that they have already been commenting on the iPV 4 by saying it's going to be revolutionary , why do they do this before the current mods are even in the hands of most people lol.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not including the power cord on a $100.00 + mod is beyond ridiculous , P4U might not realize it but this Asmodus BS and the other little things do cost them sales . Enough to make them care , obviously not .

You mentioned that they have already been commenting on the iPV 4 by saying it's going to be revolutionary , why do they do this before the current mods are even in the hands of most people lol.
Dude to be honest I think they are just freaking insane they seem to be the only one in the box mod industry doing this... I guess they feel that those that are already locked into buying one will then look forward to the "Revolutionary" one it reminds me of a cars sales man that does mods.. I am so glad I did not pre-order this time

nashman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dude to be honest I think they are just freaking insane they seem to be the only one in the box mod industry doing this... I guess they feel that those that are already locked into buying one will then look forward to the "Revolutionary" one it reminds me of a cars sales man that does mods.. I am so glad I did not pre-order this time

Yeah i am getting more disgusted with P4U's business practices by the day , what happened to the pre orders that you would be able to cancel at anytime as long as it wasn't shipped yet.

These lock in pre order's are major bullshit , especially when changes are still happening and you can't do anything about it , no f -n way man.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Maybe they are bluffing about the next big thing. Who knows.
I totally agree about the power cord and warranty issue. major disappointment.

All in all, I am excited about this box as it does seem to be better than the last in a few areas..

I have a meter in my tool box but have NO IDEA how to use it. If someone can walk me through the basics i will give it a shot.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

All in all, I am excited about this box as it does seem to be better than the last in a few areas..

I have a meter in my tool box but have NO IDEA how to use it. If someone can walk me through the basics i will give it a shot.
Did you keep your IPV V2 or sell it @BUDKISS ?

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

My question is , even if they were bluffing , what is the point / benefit of it , all it will likely do is hurt the sales of the iPV III and make more people wait for the iPV 4 lol.

Man, i always shook my head reading the comments and explanations of these Chinese manufacturers since they leave a lot to be desired in that area but their marketing strategies make even less sense .

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My question is , even if they were bluffing , what is the point / benefit of it , all it will likely do is hurt the sales of the iPV III and make more people wait for the iPV 4 lol.

Man, i always shook my head reading the comments and explanations of these Chinese manufacturers since they leave a lot to be desired in that area but their marketing strategies make even less sense .
Their marketing must work thought its called Walmart, Dollar General, K Mart, Target, Not just mods... No one likes the fact that They own us.. we rely on them way way to much

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Set it to "DCV" the lowest number probably "20", turn it on. Touch the probes to your rda screw heads (red on center, black on a side post). Press the fire button. Compare the reading to what the ipv says the voltage is on the screen. Either do it without wick or make sure it's wet.

Jonnyfalmouth

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I cancelled my pre order for the ipv 3 I bought a ipv2 for 80 bucks it has upgraded backplate screws and a spring loaded 510 I love it

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i took my ipv3 to a shop today to see if i could figure out if the wattage/voltage concern was accurate and warranted. I may not have clue what i am doing however. I set it to DCR or DCV or something like that (at 20) and fired it at 10, 35, 50, 75, 100, 150 watts. i was using a .2 ohm build.
The meter only seemed to only show me the voltage (so maybe i was doing it wrong). It was dead on in volts until it got to/above 7. The box says 8.5 volts but it was only reading 7.
Can someone help me decipher what this means.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i took my ipv3 to a shop today to see if i could figure out if the wattage/voltage concern was accurate and warranted. I may not have clue what i am doing however. I set it to DCR or DCV or something like that (at 20) and fired it at 10, 35, 50, 75, 100, 150 watts. i was using a .2 ohm build.
The meter only seemed to only show me the voltage (so maybe i was doing it wrong). It was dead on in volts until it got to/above 7. The box says 8.5 volts but it was only reading 7.
Can someone help me decipher what this means.
it will only read voltage. Use ohms law to figure out watts, volts^2/resistance=watts, for example, at 3V on a 0.2ohm coil would be 3*3/0.2=45w. So the box can only go up to 7v

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i guess what i was trying to figure out is if 150 watts on the screen was REALLY 150 watts. (to compare with the german expo claim that this unit only goes up to 81 watts). Is there a setting on a typical meter that will tell me that?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The voltage reading on the meter multiply by itself divided by the ohms in your build will give you the wattage. Hope that helps

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so, 7v squared is 49, divided by his .2 ohm coil is 245 watts....
what is the current (I) limit on the device?

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
On his .2 ohm coil he should be getting 5.5v. like the sigelei I'm sure since its the same chip type (not exactly the same)its Reading higher on the display instead of stopping

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
OK... so my .2 ohm build at 150 watts reads 5.5 volts (100w reads 4.4v) on my device.
I guess i was trying to see if the guy at the Germany expo got a bad box or if the ipv3 is NOT accurate.
Seems like mine is correct. Or am i interpreting these results incorrectly?

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
phew... i was actually worried this guy had stumbled upon something wrong with the ipv3 (which would bum me out).
THANKS ALL!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also off steam engine with vtc5

150WATTS

Runtime – how long you can vape

Battery power capacity @ 7.4 V19.24WhEstimated total runtime7minEstimated # puffs @ 5 sec puffs88

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Since the batteries are in series change the voltage to 8.4 and the nominal to 7.4 to get the runtime at any wattage with any battery preset on steam-engine

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK... so my .2 ohm build at 150 watts reads 5.5 volts (100w reads 4.4v) on my device.
I guess i was trying to see if the guy at the Germany expo got a bad box or if the ipv3 is NOT accurate.
Seems like mine is correct. Or am i interpreting these results incorrectly?
Looks like it handles That 0.2ohm well. Did you fire that 10w? What was the voltage reading at lower watts

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
wouldn't really "fire" a .2 coil at 10 watts (too low to produce vapor at that ohm) but it read 1.4

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just wanted to know if it was actually bucking down. Thanks

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes its buck down like the sigelei 100

Last edited:

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i am pretty sure - although i admit i don't know what IT is - that the ipv3 "steps up" and "bucks down". I suppose someone here can enlighten me at to exactly what that is. thank you ahead for the help.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The ipv3 only bucks down the input voltage from the battery is 8.4 to 6.4 and Dependant on your wattage it drops It down or bucks down voltage from the batt voltage
It might step up a little but the m not positive I played with one and its exactly like my sigelei chip wise just different firm ware

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't think it steps up cause when the batt is low like one bar do you notice a drop off

how did people already get the ipv3s already? I thought shipment was coming in between 1-3rd of October, i didnt get mine today.. kinda bummed.. and now reading that it doesnt have a charging port and the charger is sold separatley is even worse. ive never had a box mod and i cant wait till it gets here. i went on the VapeNW website and they updated their information on the first saying that because of national Holiday shipping will be delayed till after which last day is the 7th.. what did you guys that already received your ipv3s do about the unit charger?

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I got my ipv3 a couple weeks ago direct from the manufacturer. The unit does have a charge port on the side (tiny round hole).
I too was disappointed about the lack of power cord and even went around town looking for a 9 v 12amp micro charger to fit my car. No luck. I heard an old school nokia or game boy cord will work but have neither and a bit scared to try it until i get full specs from manufacturer. Having said that the back plate is much easier to remove on this version and swapping batteries is easy (and may be a better/safer option for charging anyway). The USB cord is included however this is for the firmware upgrade (coming soon supposedly).
All in all - even those points and the warranty aggravation with Asmodus - i really like this box.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Will you be getting the highly anticipated iPV 4 ?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Not only are there STILL no magnets....but now I would have to carry yet another tool. So far, it's a philips head, flat head, two hex wrenches. This would make hex wrench #3. Methinks the T8 is a better option.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice, but
IF IT AINT 26650 FORGET IT!
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is getting worse than the iPhone at this point....

It is if you are uncertain what you want or need . Luckily for me i bought what i knew would work well for me a while back and have no need to purchase any of this new stuff.

No matter what you buy there will be a better one about to be released soon after , determine what works for you and buy it and it won't matter what comes next .

Jonnyfalmouth

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love my ipv2 I have the updated version and I'm very impressed with the quality of it I only use it at home sitting and watching tv blowing some clouds I take my mvp to work it my beater mod

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is if you are uncertain what you want or need . Luckily for me i bought what i knew would work well for me a while back and have no need to purchase any of this new stuff.

No matter what you buy there will be a better one about to be released soon after , determine what works for you and buy it and it won't matter what comes next .
I WISH that was the case. Like in all tech if they were to release the version I never would want/need to upgrade, they'd soon be out of business. For example, I jumped on the 'Cana mod'. It's still wonderful for what it is but they've since came out with something that would suit me better, Imo. When the wattage war is over, it'll be something else that I didn't realize I'd prefer.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love my ipv2 I have the updated version and I'm very impressed with the quality of it I only use it at home sitting and watching tv blowing some clouds I take my mvp to work it my beater mod

Thats exactly what i do lol.

I WISH that was the case. Like in all tech if they were to release the version I never would want/need to upgrade, they'd soon be out of business. For example, I jumped on the 'Cana mod'. It's still wonderful for what it is but they've since came out with something that would suit me better, Imo. When the wattage war is over, it'll be something else that I didn't realize I'd prefer.

Thanks for killing my theory .

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I don't think it steps up cause when the batt is low like one bar do you notice a drop off

I think that is just the nature of the Yihi chip .. the sxa300 has buck and boost, but my main complaint about the chip is the very noticeable drop off on a low battery.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I think that is just the nature of the Yihi chip .. the sxa300 has buck and boost, but my main complaint about the chip is the very noticeable drop off on a low battery.

Sorry my freind.

Been a long day and I am tired.

Simply cannot hold back the smartass side of my brain.

Sounds like you are talking about Chipset ED here?

They will have a pill (or an upgrade) for that soon.

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is there going to be a touch sensor soon? I know you can be burned, but maybe it won't fuck up like it did on my IPV2..

I liked the touch sensor.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is there going to be a touch sensor soon? I know you can be burned, but maybe it won't fuck up like it did on my IPV2..

I liked the touch sensor.
According to eciggity the unit I have shipped has a touch sensor but it is not able to be activated. The odd thing about it though is they just got IPV2s in stock and said that those are functioning. Not sure what to think about this.

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe to avoid 3rd degree burns from idiot use...

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe to avoid 3rd degree burns from idiot use...
Maybe. Yet it makes no sense that the IPV2s has a functioning touch sensor. Not that big of a deal for me either way but it seems like if it is disabled internally then it should just be removed. It was brought up on eciggity FB page that maybe P4U was under the gun to ship something out and sent some sample units. Not sure if there is any truth to that but I will be watching with interest if other units that are shipped later have the feature functioning or not.

VU Sponsors