Become a Patron!

Pics of the Texas Rebel Juice Lab where they make their e-Juice for retail sales

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How are you so sure of this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think a while back I read that if the (juicer businesses) want a license to sell them, they need to comply with OSHA regulations, and I am not too sure but there are others to comply with to in order to legally sell juice, and I think compliance includes showing them what your facilities look like as well as your process for making them. Common sense.

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So let me get this straight so basically nobody is really enforcing Juice?
Some do not care about Germs?
400F Will kill all the Germs so I do not have to worry about it?
And the FDA (The Gov) is going to demand this and does?
And I am so confused about the OSHA thing..
So basically We start a new company that works for the Gov?
We need a lab to make juice that will only cost me 10,000 dollars to comply with what regulation?
Ohh and by the way anyone ever have a smoke alarm go off when vaping? happened to me at a Marriott hotel?

Breeezy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
We need a lab to make juice that will only cost me 10,000 dollars to comply with what regulation?
Ohh and by the way anyone ever have a smoke alarm go off when vaping? happened to me at a Marriott hotel?

Nailed it. And nope never set off a smoke alarm? Were you burning cotton when it went off?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nailed it. And nope never set off a smoke alarm? Were you b lcanvuurning cottojap n when it went off?
Yeah I had been just vaping a aero mega on my IPV V2 I think it was a 1.5ohm coil then grabbed the carbon fiber Fuhattan and a vulcan RDA .3 ohms haha
with jap cotton I was not even blowing huge clouds closed off half the airflow and that sucker went off in 30 seconds

MushroomCloud

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
this is the absolute reason we need some kind of regulations on juice making
there are people out there mixing in worse conditions
everyone thinks you buy a kit and now your a vendor
kinda scary just saying

Fuzzy Bruce

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wonder if anyone remembers watching how Mike made jooz in his bedroom on Vapetv?
I can think of quite a few others also..........
I can think of at least a sixty of my favorite jooz's started out the same way so I will not fault them for this.
If they say they will do better I will give them a chance to do so.
I have had people in this thread make me juice with no knowledge of how it was made but it did taste and vape great.
C.B.
Sort of What you don't know, can't hurt you.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow I like to be informed of any operation but in doing so this is supplying enough ammunition for the gov. to step in and put a hold on all operations. By the time they get finished with this we will be paying the 63.00 per 30 ml. When this happens forget juice giveaways and juice reviews will be a thing of the past unless they review what they bought. I would simply stop vaping as I did with cigs. As it is I make my own juice to keep it cheaper but with the new laws this will cease and the chain reaction of the matter will stop the in-tire popularity. Words mean a lot just mention the g or f words and they are reading this post notice how I abbreviated gov. so don't think these post were not read you can bet they were.

MushroomCloud

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
same thing for somebody making bad juice its just a matter of time befor someone claims they got sick
it will hit the news and then definite government involvement
all im saying is there are a lot of people vaping for a month then mixing and selling with no giudlines

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
"Molotov cocktail the local drink
And all she wants to do is dance, dance
They mix 'em up right in the kitchen sink
And all she wants to do is dance"

No wonder I DIY.

What time does the Narwhal Bacon?:p

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_mutho1YhSo1qghwxto1_500_zpswx4m96h3.gif

dougward1960

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i dont see them being able to regulate vg or pg so all they will regulate is nicotine but that will be bad enough but im sure we can still order it from overseas just got to find a legit place

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm chuckling over this thread! Do people really think the juice they purchase is all made in a 'clean room?' Very few people could afford a real clean room - it's not just a matter of sterilizing surfaces. Those that do could likely charge a premium price to justify the enormous expense of setting up a room like that. But I highly doubt there are any many, if any, real 'clean rooms' being used in this business.

Think of your local donut shop - do you see a clean room there? Or the meat counter in your local supermarket (assuming you're making steak tartar an not cooking the meat).

It's all going to change anyway when the FDA steps in.

My 02 cents worth - carry on:p

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow I like to be informed of any operation but in doing so this is supplying enough ammunition for the gov. to step in and put a hold on all operations. By the time they get finished with this we will be paying the 63.00 per 30 ml. When this happens forget juice giveaways and juice reviews will be a thing of the past unless they review what they bought. I would simply stop vaping as I did with cigs. As it is I make my own juice to keep it cheaper but with the new laws this will cease and the chain reaction of the matter will stop the in-tire popularity. Words mean a lot just mention the g or f words and they are reading this post notice how I abbreviated gov. so don't think these post were not read you can bet they were.
I think it was one of 5150's posts where big tobacco didn't want you to be able to purchase by the ml at all but rather purchase metered "puffs" through computer based software that would unlock your device for the purchased number. Ain't technology grand? I see a bull market for flashlights.

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah...

What happened to that new tech in Germany? Used only a coil-no wick, applied appropriate liquid on coil while you pull on it...and they stated that it "uses technology that produces appropriate heating without VV&VW." Sounds similar to evolv's new board...haven't heard about it since..forgot what it was too..it was around the new year when it was announced...sorry I wasted your time.:/lol

Your post, lefty, could easily be applied to that system.. since it uses a specific liquid distribution system..and it looks like a sealed unit.

But I'm probably never going to stop vaping..about to stop daily nicotine use.. and I have enough nicotine for a life time+..I hope many that can afford it, stock up..maybe start a site, and sell it to keep the stock fresh..and when the shit hits the fan, with the government kicking many in the can, you can be there as a friend, and oh what a pleasant end.

How much does a tobacco plant yield? Are there different strains? Lol.

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For all the DIYer's in this thread condemning this company for their questionable business practices, do you have clean rooms in your home?! My guess would be no. So how could you possibly be vaping your own juice if it wasn't made in a clean room? Does that make you a hypocrite?!?

And what about Boosted e-juice....that dude posted and talked about the dank ass basement where he mixes his juice. I don't remember that being a big deal for most and people happily handing over $20 for a bottle of it. I read about this over the summer so things might have changed but it still happened and it surely didn't get the same response as this Rebel juice situation.

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wonder what the Chinese juice maker shops look like
1. Does OSHA and FDA inspect Chinese juice?
2. Everyone cares about jerms...right now you are covered in tens of thousands of millions of germs and bacteria
3. 400°F is not the operating temperature of the coils bathed in e-juice...the juice thru thermal conduction evaporates as the vapor we vape cooling the coils...if your coils are glowing red when you vape...something ain't right. Pasteurization of any material occurs at 160-170°F [this is why the "dummy proof" method of boiling water is well above that temperature], don't some people steep juices in a heated ultrasonic tank?
4. FDA and other regulations on alot of other products don't apply to our e-juice yet
5. Yeah...the OSHA thing is confusing too
6. Unfortunately that is the case for most companies now a days...TONS of red tape and rules and regulations...every one above the minimum drives prices of everything we purchase up across the board, this is why the Chinese are kicking our asses on production...it's cheaper to produce and even ship 1/2 way across the world than it is to comply with the above rules and regulations, think about it
7. Some would think so...but I bet those people that are demanding that would freak out if they ever saw the conditions of many restaraunts they eat at
8. Yes...some cheaper smoke alarms are based upon photoelectric sensors [the smoke physically blocks the pathway of light between an emitter and receiver, even a heavy steam or something atomized could set them off

Sure the pics of the shop appear to be nasty...but pictures have a way of showing a single instance in time and not reveal the truth of the matter (same way these sub minute edited youtube videos do as well)

I don't get my juice from there anyway...so it's a non issue for me...I would like to hope some of the juice I get has clean rooms but I would bet some of them just make it on their kitchen counters/tables that are cleaned very well...who knows?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wonder what the Chinese juice maker shops look like

1. Does OSHA and FDA inspect Chinese juice?
2. Everyone cares about jerms...right now you are covered in tens of thousands of millions of germs and bacteria
3. 400°F is not the operating temperature of the coils bathed in e-juice...the juice thru thermal conduction evaporates as the vapor we vape cooling the coils...if your coils are glowing red when you vape...something ain't right. Pasteurization of any material occurs at 160-170°F [this is why the "dummy proof" method of boiling water is well above that temperature], don't some people steep juices in a heated ultrasonic tank?
4. FDA and other regulations on alot of other products don't apply to our e-juice yet
5. Yeah...the OSHA thing is confusing too
6. Unfortunately that is the case for most companies now a days...TONS of red tape and rules and regulations...every one above the minimum drives prices of everything we purchase up across the board, this is why the Chinese are kicking our asses on production...it's cheaper to produce and even ship 1/2 way across the world than it is to comply with the above rules and regulations, think about it
7. Some would think so...but I bet those people that are demanding that would freak out if they ever saw the conditions of many restaraunts they eat at
8. Yes...some cheaper smoke alarms are based upon photoelectric sensors [the smoke physically blocks the pathway of light between an emitter and receiver, even a heavy steam or something atomized could set them off

Sure the pics of the shop appear to be nasty...but pictures have a way of showing a single instance in time and not reveal the truth of the matter (same way these sub minute edited youtube videos do as well)

I don't get my juice from there anyway...so it's a non issue for me...I would like to hope some of the juice I get has clean rooms but I would bet some of them just make it on their kitchen counters/tables that are cleaned very well...who knows?
Thanks @Warhawk-AVG nice explanation but dude I was just being a smart ass haha
One must understand my dry dark humour. Good luck :)
Ohh except for the smoke alarms

MrFixIt

Member For 4 Years
One of the problems with this whole thing is that there are vappers who seem to be looking for a 100% risk free nicotine delivery system. I really doubt that people are making juice on plague filled tables somewhere in a dungeon. The fda does not have the man power to over see every vendor making juice so them stepping in to go after all juice makers because of a few pictures is not going to happen. I myself am more worried about the greedy political leeches who are lying to the public about vapping and what it is. Image is a big deal and this image of us should never have been posted in the first place. I have yet to hear of anyone getting ill from using any e liquid aside from allergic reactions. As the stomach turns so goes the vapor out the window.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One of the problems with this whole thing is that there are vappers who seem to be looking for a 100% risk free nicotine delivery system. I really doubt that people are making juice on plague filled tables somewhere in a dungeon. The fda does not have the man power to over see every vendor making juice so them stepping in to go after all juice makers because of a few pictures is not going to happen. I myself am more worried about the greedy political leeches who are lying to the public about vapping and what it is. Image is a big deal and this image of us should never have been posted in the first place. I have yet to hear of anyone getting ill from using any e liquid aside from allergic reactions. As the stomach turns so goes the vapor out the window.
bingo want a free dog I got 3 pregnant Siberian Huskies

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks @Warhawk-AVG nice explanation but dude I was just being a smart ass haha
One must understand my dry dark humour. Good luck :)
Ohh except for the smoke alarms
oh...no..no...I wasn't countermanding or arguing with you, I was agreeing with you and just extrapolating on what you wrote...sorry if it came off that way

bryce666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Definitely a bad promotional tactic. People drink in their businesses after a long day at work all the time where I'm from. Just not in dental offices, surgery rooms or labs...

DeathMetal03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow!!! And to think that I was about to order some juice from there.. I will stay far away and warn others. Thanks for posting those pics!

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This juice maker is far from the worst I've seen, but it's bad enough I wouldn't buy juice from them unless there was significant changes in the "lab". Anyone notice the window air conditioner? Surely that goes to the outside right? Of course it does, it's an air conditioner that pulls in fresh outside air and cools it as it blows through. What's on the other side of that wall, dumpsters? I don't know and really don't want to find out. NOT lab environment by a long shot.

The owner is in a tough position regaining his reputation, but he could if he wanted. Clean up the environment, everything from filtered air supply, preferably with positive pressure in the "lab" to clean antimicrobial surfaces (SS would be nice)... and a vigorous routine cleaning regimen. But beyond that how to rebuild trust with his customers? Simple. Put in an open 24hr web cam with free access and we can keep an eye on the actual juice making conditions and procedures. If he is legit this would do more to restore faith in his practices (and keep things honest) than any thing else he could do. And it would be cheap. He says we can trust his practices... how bout NO, prove we can trust your practices.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah...

What happened to that new tech in Germany? Used only a coil-no wick, applied appropriate liquid on coil while you pull on it...and they stated that it "uses technology that produces appropriate heating without VV&VW." Sounds similar to evolv's new board...haven't heard about it since..forgot what it was too..it was around the new year when it was announced...sorry I wasted your time.:/lol
I saw that video, it was in like an hour long video with PB.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This juice maker is far from the worst I've seen, but it's bad enough I wouldn't buy juice from them unless there was significant changes in the "lab". Anyone notice the window air conditioner? Surely that goes to the outside right? Of course it does, it's an air conditioner that pulls in fresh outside air and cools it as it blows through. What's on the other side of that wall, dumpsters? I don't know and really don't want to find out. NOT lab environment by a long shot.

The owner is in a tough position regaining his reputation, but he could if he wanted. Clean up the environment, everything from filtered air supply, preferably with positive pressure in the "lab" to clean antimicrobial surfaces (SS would be nice)... and a vigorous routine cleaning regimen. But beyond that how to rebuild trust with his customers? Simple. Put in an open 24hr web cam with free access and we can keep an eye on the actual juice making conditions and procedures. If he is legit this would do more to restore faith in his practices (and keep things honest) than any thing else he could do. And it would be cheap. He says we can trust his practices... how bout NO, prove we can trust your practices.
I dont know about yours, but all the ones I've owned recycle the inside air unless you open the little 'door' to allow the outside air to mix in about 10%-15% ...

And does anybody know if he maybe has a HEPA filter in place on that AC?

MrFixIt

Member For 4 Years
I have read all of the comments in this thread and some I just can't figure out. Now I'm all for juice vendors to have a clean room for making their juice in but unless they are making this juice in a vacuum a certain amount of atmosphere is going to be in the final product. Not to mention as soon as you are out and about and squeeze off a few drops into your device of choice you let in whatever is in the air around you.

Awhile back I saw a video that an American business man took while over in China of a factory that made juices. This place had a clean room that most vendors would love to have. It had a sealed entry door after which you passed through a decontamination area where you then put on a jumpsuit with hood goggles latex gloves and shoe covers. They juice was mixed in big stainless steel closed vats. It was then put into the bottles and labeled by the workers who inspected for leaks. After all that people still commented that they wouldn't buy it because it wasn't made here in the good old USA. 24hr web cams for some pictures that I feel were taken completely out of context. If we are going to vilify this guy and demand he do this or that then we should demand proof of a clean room or lab from all juice vendors. I'll wait patiently for their answer to that one.

MrFixIt

Member For 4 Years
Yep induction heating the next big thing. I saw video can't remember the title it was a link in the comments of another video I watched. This company is designing a pv that is supposed to be pipe like that will use replaceable cartridges of either eliquid,wax or herbals they show a prototype. I feel they are geared more towards the medical ***crowd but hey if it works for juice and works well bring it on. I will say this what they are doing is true innovation.

Last edited by a moderator:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Yeah I had been just vaping a aero mega on my IPV V2 I think it was a 1.5ohm coil then grabbed the carbon fiber Fuhattan and a vulcan RDA .3 ohms haha
with jap cotton I was not even blowing huge clouds closed off half the airflow and that sucker went off in 30 seconds
A shower cap over the smoke detector will solve this problem.
Vape smart, But vape safe (remember to remove the shower cap before bed).;)

synaptik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I appreciate the input of the community. We are applying some changes based on them. And yes the guy that posted the pics needs a good swift kick in the balls. If anyone has any further input other than "omfg thats fucked up" that is constructive I would be glad to hear it either here or via PM.

And smokie .... you never answered why you banned me from all the groups you have admin in ... pretty shitty IMO to ban someone so they can't defend themselves and to keep stirring shit, just saying

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I appreciate the input of the community. We are applying some changes based on them. And yes the guy that posted the pics needs a good swift kick in the balls. If anyone has any further input other than "omfg thats fucked up" that is constructive I would be glad to hear it either here or via PM.

And smokie .... you never answered why you banned me from all the groups you have admin in ... pretty shitty IMO to ban someone so they can't defend themselves and to keep stirring shit, just saying
Suggestion: See if you can meet or exceed the standards here
http://www.aemsa.org/standards/

Sure...it's just a silly little certification...but it puts alot of peoples minds at ease

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I concur with @Warhawk-AVG

synaptik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks @Warhawk-AVG and @Tripster

We have already implemented a few of the AEMSA standards that were not met in the photos.
SS tables instead of the cheap ones that were in the picture, put a stop to anyone eating/drinking/vaping/PLAYING POKER/ etc in the office, *even though mixing was not occurring at the time of the photos and the shop was cleaned thoroughly afterward we understand the concern and image that this puts out there and have addressed it*, addressed the issues with the oak aged by moving to using a raking cane to remove the juice instead of open air transfer.

Some have brought up the issue of the "window AC unit" that is displayed in one of the pics. However, this is not a unit that pulls outside air, it is a through the wall unit that recycles internal air and cools it and exhaust heat is dissipated outside.

We made some mistakes, we understand that but we are remedying them. And I really do appreciate constructive feedback, if we can't learn and grow from our mistakes then we are doomed to continue repeating them.

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would like to see those aemsa guys have scores like dining restaurants...

A, B, C, and D, and F

This way ejuice vendors who do meet or exceed the bullet points on the list can get a rating score...the more they meet, the better the rating

Because I guarantee you many e-juice makers fall short on the list across the board not just those with not so good pics posted by disgruntled workers

synaptik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That would be pretty nice. I did find it funny that the AEMSA membership fees listed on the site are nearly double what the application states lol

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I doubt that OSHA will have little or nothing to do with this.

Occupational Health And Safety.

Basically what OSHA does is set rules in place to protect the workers and monitor facilities to make sure the rules are met.

Things like covering the sharp moving parts of machinery to make sure that workers are not accidently turned into hamburger. Wearing Hardhats to make sure you don't bump your noggin, wearing goggles to keep things out of your eyes and respirators if needed if you work around anything that is not good for you to breath.

Mixing E-Liquids..Perhaps wear a light gown, gloves, protective glasses and a face mask or a face shield to make sure you do not come into contact with Nicotine and perhaps even an eyewash station in case you forgot to wear your glasses or faceshield. The EPA will want you to have proper materials on hand to soak up spilled nicotine and dispose of properly. These are easy and inexpensive and you must be prepared for random inspections at all times. Again, no biggie.

The expensive stuff will most likely be from your local health department once the FDA gets around to writing their regulations. Really clean work area, lots of stainless steel and records available to show that you are using ONLY USDA and USP ingredients. What you got and where you got them from. And annoying things like paperwork to show that you have a regular cleaning schedule and that you records to show that you have met the cleaning requirements.

Basically stuff you should be doing anyway IMHO but now you have to document it and be prepared for a couple of surprise inspections a year.

I keep trying to tell you people that I am not just another pretty face!

Doc.jpg

synaptik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
We already have the guys in full gear when mixing, we have extended that to anyone that is entering the office as all that goes on in there should be mixing anyways.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
We already have the guys in full gear when mixing, we have extended that to anyone that is entering the office as all that goes on in there should be mixing anyways.

Woops'

I forgot Hair and Beard nets!

Shame on me. Now I have to go back for remedial training!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Also, tidy up the shelves, and make sure nothing will drop off them..
i'd suggest labeling everything in it's proper place, so inventory count later is easier..
and rule of lab is, no cell phones or unauthorized people in place, mixing or not..
the mix room is the one place you want your mixer to be comfortable in.. :)

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I keep seeing these posts telling Rebel Juice that they need to do this that and the other with there lab. Do you tell this to all your juice vendors?? Webcams to prove they are doing things right?!? Come on! It sounds like you're assuming that every juice maker out there makes juice in a pristine environment. You people have to know that is absolutely not true. Maybe you should focus all your comments on the industry as a whole instead of directing them at a single vendor.

I'm not saying what they did is right, but stop beating them up over it.

VU Sponsors