Become a Patron!

Post your builds

Jriley

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Wow cracking coils Jriley I’d be well happy if my stuff turned out that well!

Haven’t tried a pitchfork yet...well I say haven’t I have but not properly because I can’t get the hang of para claptoning keep finding one lead jumps over the other

I have the spools locked next to each other but might be holding to close to the core as I wrap?
Well I don't paraclap round wire , I use weighted loop. I do paraclap my ribbon stacks tho but I don't dual spool/bags, I just cut 2 separate strands

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Darthvaper510

Member For 2 Years
Well I don't paraclap round wire , I use weighted loop. I do paraclap my ribbon stacks tho but I don't dual spool/bags, I just cut 2 separate strands

Just and idea u can try out I seen n.Devine use an today for the very first time I force claptoned with my interlocking Mohawks and I must say it was a cake walk! Give it a go!Clapton once kind of loose then Clapton it again in between

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Staple coil build using 40g Ni80 wrap worked fine for me with just a single bag. I used the edge of my table to stabilize my forearm... cordless drill was standing upright on the edge. Used a keyring to hold the ribbon flat. On the swivel side of the keyring I wrapped a small piece of masking tape around the keyring, on either side of the ribbon stack to prevent the keyring from sliding off. At medium-high drill speed the keyring wiggled only just a tiny little bit so that it kept moving itself automatically toward the swivel... you should have seen the smile on my face when it did that. :cool: But I stand by my conclusion it is impossible to get the coiling up part right without using a torch if the ribbon stack is made of 12ply .4×.1 Ni80 ribbon wire, as it is MUCH too springy if you don't torch before coiling it up. :p

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Ex dope feind here, crazy chef it's so if the blind person has to get a ride he don't gotta fork over his card or pin.

Man I've seen it all. I swear I have.

I'm thankful today. That's an understatement. I'm lucky to be here looking at such amazing art work.

I found a drill. My friend gave me a really really old rigid. It's not variable speed, keyed Chuck. Anyway I ordered one from eBay it's a black and Decker for 11 bucks. Now I'm saving up for ribbon wire. I could only get 26g 36g for fused Claptons.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Couple of 3mm ID all ss316l 3*28g/38g Aliens staged with 28g. Ohms are coming out around .06-.07 before firing properly. A little bit too low for my usual build so gonna make some more in 3.5 ID. Sat in the pyro and on the captain pd270.
4b23347e26b854542f8f1bc8092373f3.jpg
8f5c5de4fe0a42ed4d64ba67497bfdff.jpg
3263196b810f14794fdcc3ea7b92ecfc.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
Am I the only one that noticed that this dude used crayons on his coils?

Awesome coloring KR

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lmao nice one fudgey. I swear it's not even been altered that photo. Gotta be that stainless wire. Could also be the light box I bought, that definitely seems to have made the colours pop without too much shine.

Last edited:

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When chuck Norris was born he roundhouse kicked the nurse and told the doctor to put him back in...cuz no one serves chuck Norris cept chuck Norris.
FYI... my first name is Walker. I’ve heard just about every chuck crack there is. I can’t count how many goddamn times I’ve heard someone say “Walker? Like Walker....(drop in vocal tone) ...Texas Ranger? Har har hardy fucking har har” like it’s the first time I’ve heard it. Good to get that off my chest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darthvaper510

Member For 2 Years
When chuck Norris was born he roundhouse kicked the nurse and told the doctor to put him back in...cuz no one serves chuck Norris cept chuck Norris.
FYI... my first name is Walker. I’ve heard just about every chuck crack there is. I can’t count how many goddamn times I’ve heard someone say “Walker? Like Walker....(drop in vocal tone) ...Texas Ranger? Har har hardy fucking har har” like it’s the first time I’ve heard it. Good to get that off my chest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just so happen to like that show! Hahahaha

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
26x3/36 N80 Aliens
c3567e2d500886fac55957cdd9b13c2c.jpg
ec99e2de8d5d2c033d8931f35a8465fa.jpg

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!
I've got some aliens in the mail. I can't wait. I've never tried a true alien. I've had the flat clapton poser "". Yours look great.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I do like the look of the dpro, how's it vape?

It's got a little whistle with the air all open, otherwise it shows great promise with some beefier coils than 26g parallels. I really dislike the whistle. Pretty much leakproof though, good flavor with even this simple build.

I like a tighter draw and closing the air by half is just right, and no whistle.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I twisted wire for the first time today, it was fun. I twisted 2 and 3 22 gauge and 2 and 4 28 gauge to get a feel for how thinner and thicker wire act.
IMG_20171227_101224-1612x1209.jpg

So I'm trying the quad twisted 28 first
IMG_20171227_103050_crop_800x800.jpg

Worth it :) totally gonna try lots of twisting and braiding, before claptons (I'm a girl, braiding is in my genes)

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Been a while since I’ve done a proper build parralel enigma (2x32g frames, 10ply 0.3ribbon, 38g wrap with a flat clapton

Came out 0.19ohms

Rusty with coiling chunky buggers poxy thing twisted on me so couldn’t run an inlay like I wanted to

With the two stage heating ramp up isnt half bad, this is on the 24mm deathtrap
8F4C59BB-7095-4CB7-8A59-D3A38BDD98C4.jpeg
636532C8-86FF-4C21-A116-7972B4B7438A.jpeg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I twisted wire for the first time today, it was fun. I twisted 2 and 3 22 gauge and 2 and 4 28 gauge to get a feel for how thinner and thicker wire act.
View attachment 99487

So I'm trying the quad twisted 28 first
View attachment 99489

Worth it :) totally gonna try lots of twisting and braiding, before claptons (I'm a girl, braiding is in my genes)
I did some quad twisted 28 stainless steel the other week. Vapes like a dream without all the spitback of normal twisted.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If I'm gonna double twist up wire, then take those two twisted wires and twist them again, should I reverse the drill?

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I'm gonna double twist up wire, then take those two twisted wires and twist them again, should I reverse the drill?
thats a specific build. i think it was a tidal coil? or a wave? shit i cant remember. its pretty cool what happens when you reverse twist that last strand on though (little pockets open up in your previous twists)...there is a variety of twisted/helixed builds to try out though. have a look on youtube for coil build tutorials from a couple years ago. nice work on your parallel and twisted builds btw :cheers: glad to see you caught the bug (two back to back coil pics in this thread. doctor says it might be terminal build-itis. says you might only have a week or two left before you hit aliens...sorry to break it to you like this, but you might be...one of us :eek: )

<3

VU Sponsors