Become a Patron!

Post your builds

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very Badass Bro ! Real Fallout Style, guess this is something MAD Max would vape riding on his Tank bike on his way to the thunderdome :D

So how do you Build your cable cores? Just Twisted Fine gauge?

Made one myself about a year ago.
If i rememer Right, it was a SFC with 29G Frames and 36 stagger and Fuse. The Core i think 10-15 40G kinda helixed with 30G?!!
They had a real good vape with a Great staging effect.
View attachment 98687
View attachment 98688

"Break a deal...spin the wheel"....Mmmm.....Tina turner. Ida sucked her mod back in the day.
So cable....when I first started I was all about getting the right pattern. It's like making rope. You don't just twist fibers together all in the same direction and expect them to stay like that. Do an experiment... take 36g or something a little easier to see...three wires'll do. Make em roughly 4x longer than you want the cable to be. Twist them a lil past the point where they want to turn over on each other if you retaining a good amount of tension. At this point I like to use pliers to crimp the ends . Cut it into 3 equal parts. If you twisted it clockwise initially then twist the 3 of them together counter clockwise. Do it semi slowly so you can see what happens. The twisted wires will "relax" as they unwind and fuse with the others. Don't over do it. For the best wicking effect the wires will start to create crevasses in straight lines following the cable as they relax. Buy a rope. Take it apart. You'll see what I mean.
2ece0abb36291dbd2ef0463e192ff0f2.jpg

That puppy was 6 wires total as opposed 9. I've produced a lot of variation in cables and every one nuanced different aspects of the juice I wouldn't otherwise have caught. I use n80 mostly for cable but not exclusively. N80 will ramp up faster than KA, KD or SS, but make the same build with a couple cable wires being different from the rest and you should notice a difference in flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just made this cable. I think I'm going to put it in the middle of a staggered Clapton. There are 60(yes sixty!)x40g Ka1 here. I was going to use n80 but I had a spool of 40g ka1 that was too short to Clapton anything with so I used it here instead of letting it just sit. Can't wait to try this out.
f479749a674e503a264bb375b0f8882e.jpg
d4f1e536e6beb161a79aded297eaff25.jpg

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just made this cable. I think I'm going to put it in the middle of a staggered Clapton. There are 60(yes sixty!)x40g Ka1 here. I was going to use n80 but I had a spool of 40g ka1 that was too short to Clapton anything with so I used it here instead of letting it just sit. Can't wait to try this out.
f479749a674e503a264bb375b0f8882e.jpg
d4f1e536e6beb161a79aded297eaff25.jpg

Holy shit. Take a picture with a coin or something so I can see how big that bitch is. I thing the most amount of wires I've ever used for a single cable was 30. It looks pretty buddy. Let me know how you like it. Puff on it for a couple days till it's broken in.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
No where near where I want to be but these never let me down. Some ppl hate the popping and cracking, I actually love it lol. 24g twisted nc60. It's the only half way decent wire I can get locally. I wish that I fucking would win the lottery. I'd make sure ever active member got a present for Xmas. :) Love you VU.
6b659485f23241642cef3d80c46f7012.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No where near where I want to be but these never let me down. Some ppl hate the popping and cracking, I actually love it lol. 24g twisted nc60. It's the only half way decent wire I can get locally. I wish that I fucking would win the lottery. I'd make sure ever active member got a present for Xmas. :) Love you VU.

Looks likes some beastly coils. I had the same problems finding wire when I started out. 28g Kanthal A was all that I had available to me. Pinch pennies and hop onto eBay and search and compare. $15 could get you healthy amount of a few different gauges to work with.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I don't mind a little popping and cracking... at least then you'll know that it's working perfectly. :cool:

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy shit balls Buttman...the pound is doing well. Just bought the aeronaut V2.5 for ma lady for xmas and with the 9 pounds international shipping came out to 82 fucking dollars. She better love it. Hahaha

Locomotion

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This might be off course of the topic but what is the best of all batteries to buy.I got the reuleaux the other day and can't decide what batteries I want in it.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Has a few flaws in it. Staggers are tough for me. 60x40g ka1, framed with 28g n80 and wrapped with 34g n80. No time to wrap it tonight. I can't wait to vape on it tomorrow.
68f319b6637e7f06199a6c1571efda38.jpg
45823af2ddbe1b31421844df7eb9f3cb.jpg
18924434fd5aecf26495b0792b16587b.jpg

Hows it vape? Great work fudgey looks bloody awesome

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This might be off course of the topic but what is the best of all batteries to buy.I got the reuleaux the other day and can't decide what batteries I want in it.
Page 2 of the user manual for my RX300 says 25 amp batteries. I use only Sony VTC5A batteries in it.

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Omfg. I was doubling over bunches of 5 into 15s the. Took 4 of the bunches of 15. Thinking back I'm pretty sure I only entered 15 pieces of 40g... Wow that sucks this thing is going to be like .003 ohm or something stupid. Guess it will be a 10 wrap coil.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Interesting read about these cables. I wanna try more with these, but started with this.

10X 40KD

LJncTSZ.jpg

Twisted that into a 30X cable

o2pxOvp.jpg

It seemed to line up well with 0.5mm ribbon, so I figured I'd make a cable framed staple coil with it.

2iNqGVc.jpg

Decided to go with a loose/spaced binding

UVEp7Gn.jpg

Wondered what a tight binding would have been like, so I tried that at the end of the strip. I'm glad I decided on the spaced.

V9S49mq.jpg

I really think this would have been much better off as a helixed wire, but I don't have a lot of experience with that, so I just did the spaced.
I started with about 90cm of the 10X, and when cut into 3rds for the cable and then doubled over for the frames it only left me enough for about one coil. Maybe two if they're only 3 wraps, but that'll most likely be way too low of a resistance for my comfort level.

lQgLQkd.jpg

Not sure what I want to use it in. I want it to be usable, and I don't like single coils in RDAs that are meant to be dual coil but have single coil options. My Aeronaut clones suck, so probably end up putting it in the Pharaoh. Unless anyone has a better suggestion? I have too many damn RDAs, so I'm hoping there's a better alternative than the Pharaoh, and just can't think of which one off the top of my head.

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It'll definitely be too big for the Wasp - maybe the Dpro?
I went single coil with mine too. I almost mounted it in my pharoah rta(sounds like you have the rda) but I went with my dead rabbit as I know I like it with a single coil.
0.26 ohms it sucks on my single 18650 tube. On a regulated mod it has awesome flavor and gives a nice dense wet cloud, but the ramp up/down is insane! I will definitely be going with n80 next time. I really think there is something to these cables though. The clouds it makes are just so juicy.
49baffbd0a2fb3fca7b8bca306bedf49.jpg

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
That's what I decided, too. The Dead Rabbit. But it turns out the cable isn't rigid enough as a framing material to support the ribbon cores. They didn't collapse, but it's a really wonky looking coil.

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's definitely a "butterface" coil... Put a bag over it's head and it vapes great!!!

iqtf8Bb.jpg

I've never used cable as a staple frame. That thing looks beastly. I do however have to agree with you, in that a helix wrap would suit it. I've done dozens of helix variations using cable/twisted frames and they really perform.

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went single coil with mine too. I almost mounted it in my pharoah rta(sounds like you have the rda) but I went with my dead rabbit as I know I like it with a single coil.
0.26 ohms it sucks on my single 18650 tube. On a regulated mod it has awesome flavor and gives a nice dense wet cloud, but the ramp up/down is insane! I will definitely be going with n80 next time. I really think there is something to these cables though. The clouds it makes are just so juicy.
49baffbd0a2fb3fca7b8bca306bedf49.jpg

Beautiful build. With a solid rope like that I can only imagine how it would perform with the raw power of a series mod.

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's what I decided, too. The Dead Rabbit. But it turns out the cable isn't rigid enough as a framing material to support the ribbon cores. They didn't collapse, but it's a really wonky looking coil.
I wish it would have coiled better for you. The pre-coil pics look great.

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello and welcome to the group. In answer to your asking do we mind, of course we don't mind. That's what this page is for. Tidy work BTW, can't wait to see more of it :)

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Go for it. From the look of your work upto now it shouldn't be a problem for you. Pretty sure the guys here can point you in the direction of what you need to corrugate your wire. That is of you haven't already got it yourself lol

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There's a thread on this forum about nothing but alien coils if that will help you. The official alien thread. Plenty of good builders with knowledge to share

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is the place for tips and tricks of the trade. Go say hi over on the alien thread, pretty much everyone is friendly and welcoming and willing to pass on whatever knowledge they have to help

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's night time in my neck of the woods like lol. Good to have ya here

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's welcome here, breaks up the mundane into snippets of awesome builds haha

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pretty sure I've seen them on here before but I could be mistaken. Look like they'd make me tear out what little hair I have left trying to achieve them lol

VU Sponsors