Become a Patron!

Post your builds

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@raymo2u
Thanks - I'll try one soon in my Velocity. Do you recommend lower or higher gauge builds? I'll probably be trying it with a staged fused Clapton.
Shoot for around .15-.3 using 24g as your staging wire (5 wraps) and anything else you would like to use as your main wire (6 wraps). Im sure you will find it to be a good experience but wicking is slightly harder but theres no spitback and a warmer vape afterwards. I usually open the cyclonic airflow 2mm open and the indirect airflow 90% closed down, its a good setting for any build. I unscrew the drip tip to drip on the cotton but you dont really need to...
View of drip area when drip tip is unscrewed :eek:
20151208_125018.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I want this immediately
717014b87e1f0a81801814ff3b3bc942.jpg

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement
OkqvVdy.jpg

I only like it when the 4 Hole Block is used....The other options are nice but seem to be wasteful of the potential and space of the RDA...Other then the HOG box what would this even look good on at 46mm?
uueLkCX.jpg
FeOIr6S.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What about 8 veridical coils on that bad boy? Toot toot!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I was thinking 4 Vertical Double Barrel Fused Claptons around 8-9 wraps each and put it on a series box....I could only imagine....I think this is going to go on the Tax Time list along with the HOG V2 box....Insane builds await

Last edited:

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking 4 Double Barrel Fused Claptons around 6-7 wraps each and put it on a series box....I could only imagine....I think this is going to go on the Tax Time list along with the HOG V2 box....Insane builds await
You will have to have some serious juice pumping to that RDA to get it going! Wooo!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You will have to have some serious juice pumping to that RDA to get it going! Wooo!

Oooo we got juice bro...This is what I have sitting in my room (2 orders of VVV) there are 3 more orders worth of VVV in the office and other various juices/DIY mixes.
20151207_194601-jpg.35210

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oooo we got juice bro...This is what I have sitting in my room (2 orders of VVV) there are 3 more orders worth of VVV in the office and other various juices/DIY mixes.
20151207_194601-jpg.35210
Can't be seeing all that! I really have to be getting into making my own juice... That is a tax time thing. I can't imagine it being cheap to start doing.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Can't be seeing all that! I really have to be getting into making my own juice... That is a tax time thing. I can't imagine it being cheap to start doing.

Thats Verde Valley Vapes Liquid...Hes a vendor on the forum and has some of the best liquids Ive tried and the prices are insanely low....beats MBV in price and is many tiers above in terms of quality...I stopped DIY because its that good and inexpensive....He does discounts everyday and free juice with orders and he listens to customers and has the best CS Ive ever seen. Check him out and do yourself a favor. I just bought 1200ml's off him for 65.95 shipped....
Store Link
The Threads of other reviews and other new users:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/30-off-or-free-juice-2sday.147188/
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...h-for-the-best-budget-juice-has-ended.151958/

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats Verde Valley Vapes Liquid...Hes a vendor on the forum and has some of the best liquids Ive tried and the prices are insanely low....beats MBV in price and is many tiers above in terms of quality...I stopped DIY because its that good and inexpensive....He does discounts everyday and free juice with orders and he listens to customers and has the best CS Ive ever seen. Check him out and do yourself a favor. I just bought 1200ml's off him for 65.95 shipped....
Store Link
The Threads of other reviews and other new users:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/30-off-or-free-juice-2sday.147188/
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...h-for-the-best-budget-juice-has-ended.151958/
I have been using zamplebox for a few months now and it has been nice to try different flavors. Wanting to stock up on some fog minion juice as well!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have been using zamplebox for a few months now and it has been nice to try different flavors. Wanting to stock up on some fog minion juice as well!

Im sorry you had to endure Zamplebox...I was young and careless once also...:p
What I used to spend on the Platinum Box every month is what I buy for a month of juice for me....Not to try juice to last through the month and have alot left over...I used to go through all my Zamplebox and have to order from other placs after a week or 2 and still run out of liquid, its costly but then I found a few vendors that are great in prce and flavors. Try VVV's sample packs and make sure to use the discounts from his thread and you wont look back ever again. I have over 5000ml's of stored juice and Tax Time Im ordering a Gallon of each Flavor for the year (Just in Case FDA/Rules are F*cked afterwards Ill have enough juice to taper off after a year or w/e. Ive maybe spent $180 and the amount of juice I have would last most years....and its some of the best damn juice Ive tried so far...
Shit "B" (VVV Owner) gave Ej 5 free bottles to try just to see what the hype on the thread was about....its win win, gushfest over

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im sorry you had to endure Zamplebox...I was young and careless once also...
What I used to spend on the Platinum Box every month is what I buy for a month of juice for me....Not to try juice to last through the month and have alot left over...I used to go through all my Zamplebox and have to order from other placs after a week or 2 and still run out of liquid, its costly but then I found a few vendors that are great in prce and flavors. Try VVV's sample packs and make sure to use the discounts from his thread and you wont look back ever again. I have over 5000ml's of stored juice and Tax Time Im ordering a Gallon of each Flavor for the year (Just in Case FDA/Rules are F*cked afterwards Ill have enough juice to taper off after a year or w/e. Ive maybe spent $180 and the amount of juice I have would last most years....and its some of the best damn juice Ive tried so far...
Shit "B" (VVV Owner) gave Ej 5 free bottles to try just to see what the hype on the thread was about....its win win, gushfest over
Just ordered the sample box. See what all the shenanigans are about!

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
:D Isn't it awesome?!?!? :D

Waiting on my Aromamizer to get here so I can compare the two. I might even do a side-by-side build to see which one is better.

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
8f0a357788eea932af98aa714c6fd4ac.jpg

This has to be one of the easiest builds and wicking ever it's even easier than some rda's I'm very very impressed

When did you get the Reuleaux?

I picked one up today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@raymo2u Ok I read the reviews and put in an order for VVV. Ordered the 3 100ml sample pack. Got the Strawberrry Milkshake, Vanilla Custard, and Cinnamon Cream (roll) to try. With todays 30% off code it was $30 shipped For 300 mls of juice!!!!! Now I just need to get motivated to build some wire and rda :D

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@raymo2u Ok I read the reviews and put in an order for VVV. Ordered the 3 100ml sample pack. Got the Strawberrry Milkshake, Vanilla Custard, and Cinnamon Cream (roll) to try. With todays 30% off code it was $30 shipped For 300 mls of juice!!!!! Now I just need to get motivated to build some wire and rda :D
Almost did the same but I wanted to try ask the flavors I could. I got the 13 15 ml for $21 after code... Then onto big bottles!!!!

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No pictures needed for this but can take some later. It was a test build... None have been working so far in my Crown RBA. I did a 3mm 5 wrap coil of 430 stainless. I have it set at 420 degrees. Vapes piss poor. No real flavor. I have jumped around on temp and can't find a sweet spot. 3mm is too big too. Kills almost all airflow.

Whan waaa

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Almost did the same but I wanted to try ask the flavors I could. I got the 13 15 ml for $21 after code... Then onto big bottles!!!!

My first order was when "B" had a sale and VVV was a unknown vendor with no reviews...I ordered 8 120ml bottles because the price was insane and then I posted a review of them, I was blown away and have pushed them onto anyone that needs great liquid and still save a buck. After a few people listened to me the following has grown quite a bit and anyone who has tied them have had the same experience, haven't heard a bad review yet...
I order the 12/100/120 deal almost every paycheck and he always has a coupon or sale that cuts it down 25%-40%....The only flavors I really haven't LOVED are Froopers and Strawberry Lemonade (I dont like changing cotton every time I put a new liquid in and it definitely stays on it.)
The best liquids are Blueberry Custard, Strawberry Milkshake, Cinnamon Cream, and Krunch Berries...I have vaped over 300ml in less then a week using these because you simply cannot put them down once started, even when 6mg makes you so sick your vomiting...you still feel the need to taste the vape lol

Last edited:

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@MidwestExpress I will let you know how my experiments come out tonight or tomorrow morning. Going to play with it tonight. I just hate filling it up with juice for nothing...

Matt

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love how the crius has the adjustable juice flow so you can use 100% of either PG or VG I'm highly impressed I didn't think anything would top my Bellus my aromamizer is sitting on my shelf

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love how the crius has the adjustable juice flow so you can use 100% of either PG or VG I'm highly impressed I didn't think anything would top my Bellus my aromamizer is sitting on my shelf

Ever since you posted that thing here I have been keeping an eye on it. Love the v3 with the Velocity deck! Thinking about snagging on up as I am finding the Crown's RBA to not be worth the time of day.

Still have to try building on the TFV4 though. Haven't tried building on that thing as of yet. Only have the single RBA for that though.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ever since you posted that thing here I have been keeping an eye on it. Love the v3 with the Velocity deck! Thinking about snagging on up as I am finding the Crown's RBA to not be worth the time of day.

Still have to try building on the TFV4 though. Haven't tried building on that thing as of yet. Only have the single RBA for that though.
I just ordered the v3 the TFVs deck juice channels are huge I have all the decks the single the dual and the Clapton which are ok but the crius was just that easy to build.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ordered the v3 the TFVs deck juice channels are huge I have all the decks the single the dual and the Clapton which are ok but the crius was just that easy to build.

I am keeping my eye on it for when it goes on sale. I will be picking one up soon... veeeeeerrrrryyyy soooooon....

And that is why I should be in these forums... everyone always posts stuff I have to buy or build! BAH! HAHA

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I am keeping my eye on it for when it goes on sale. I will be picking one up soon... veeeeeerrrrryyyy soooooon....

And that is why I should be in these forums... everyone always posts stuff I have to buy or build! BAH! HAHA
Im buying 2 more today from FastTech...They are only $16 Click Me
Its a nice RTA...I was just hoping for more chamber room when I got it, Im looking into the MT Tank by Indulgence now...I hope that one satisfies me...

Last edited:

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im buying 2 more today from FastTech...They are only $16 Click Me
Its a nice RTA...I was just hoping for more chamber room when I got it, Im looking into the MU Tank by Indulgence now...I hope that one satisfies me...

What is this MU Tank that you speak of that I now must check out?! HAHA

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well its Indulgences's Tank, well theres 2 The Sub Tank with RBA and the straight up RTA....I want the RTA. It has (supposedly) massive build deck and plently of room for wicking so you can build crazy low and it not give a dry hit. The airflow is crazy also.
tumblr_nwzrfrvCMn1s41a0io1_500.jpg
PSOMXR-2.jpg
DSC05486_1024x1024.jpg

I was just looking it up and between airflow and juice flow... good grief that thing sounds and looks like a cloud machine! Looking up info on air and juice flow to compare between the two. Indulgence throws that info right out... OBS is the info I am digging for.

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Staged triple parallel w/twisted 24awg, twisted 28awg and a single 24awg wire. I gave the single 24g one extra wrap. Came out to .3ohms after breaking it in. Nice Warm, but not overtly hot cape with nice dense clouds. The flavor is what Stands out in this build above all. I have it in the velocity clone from mtech, mounted on top of the tobeco Stingray-X running on the vtc5. I'm still relatively new to coil building, going on a few months now. Started building on the MVP with the omega . Got my mech and I'm loving it. I've done dual, twisted, claptons, fell in love with parallels. I recently started messing with staged coils, then with staged twisted coils. Was messing around last night with some leftover cable I made and this is what came of it. Favorite build so far. Flavor machine for sure. Although I'm thinking of running the twisted 28g and single 24g through the lower post hole for a more solid connection...ill clean it up a lil later.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally scored some building time. And what do I do with it? Build simple shit...
28_38.jpg
IMG_20151209_050307.jpg

Twin dual 38g kanthal D/28g kanthal A1 builds - 2.5mm for the Lush and 2mm for the Snubnose. The Snubnose loves this build. The Lush is alright... ...I'm still trying to find the right build for a nice balance to the airflow being a bit restricted with the 510 tip. I like the look and pull of it with the 510 and the top row half-closed. It's especially nice-looking on my black Noisy Cricket. Dat baby-blue splatter on black, doe (I call it an evil egg finish.) I just can't seem to get something that's quite balanced to it just the way I like it. It's frustrating when you can't quite find THE build for one of your favorite RDA's.

I've got a real love/hate affair going on with the Lush right now. I love it for standard coils on my SMPL. It has exactly the looks, features, and general quality/buildability that I look for in an RDA. I just can't seem to get it to play nice with series setups. Everything I try is more than adequate, but never quite up to its full potential. It's always too much or not enough.

I prefer the vape I get from the Snubnose, which has become my main RDA. It will take a weaker, smaller build and turn it into a hot, billowing, and power-efficient flavor monster. I tried a Derringer recently and this thing really is the Derringer killer. Maybe I'm just spoiled by how awesome it is. It's limited to smaller builds, but there's something really special about how it handles them.

It's just too good. Completely turned my building game on its side. Now, I don't even know what I want out of large-chamber RDA's. I've come to dislike how I have to build something that has to overcome their massive airflow and fill all of that space. The biggest challenge with the airflow monsters is getting the density and flavor up without too much heat. With the shorties, those aspects are there by default. It just feels like a fuller, more direct vape. Flavor teleported to the tongue and vapor straight to the lungs, man.

I'm leaning more towards small chamber, small bore drip-tip setups for that very reason. I find that I can still have more than enough airflow that way and they fill-out the vape much more effectively. They don't need big coils to match the performance of big atties and the vape is qualitatively superior, imho.

IMG_20151209_060133.jpg

I'm also continuing to experiment with simple helix wire builds. This one's 24g A1 helixed with 28g A1. 1/8" diameter. At .12, she's a mean ole juice sucker. Vapor production is kinda weak considering it only really comes to life at above 100w. The flavor is so, so very on-point for those fruit and candy vapes, though. The density, fullness, and throat hit just aren't there. I think that maybe 28g is too much of a heat-hog for the 24g. Thing takes forever to heat up, but when it does, the vape is just too hot. I think I'll try 34g for the helix wraps next time.

24g helixes may just not be for me. I love how much easier they are to helix compared to 26g, though. This is probably best kept as a single-coil rather than a dual. Unfortunately, that's a no-go for me. I swear, I can feel the offset on the airflow in single-coil mode. Really sets off my OCD.

Maybe some of you helix guys can tell me... ...is it possible for the thinner wire to affect the resistance of the coil? I ask because I want to do some higher resistance ones for series and I'm not going to compromise surface area with those (the core wire is already going to be thinner) if I don't have to.

Last edited:

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Update to my previous post...staged triple parallel coil. 24awg two strand twisted, 28awg 3 strand twisted, and a 24awg single strand wire wound parallel (28g 1st, then 24g twisted, then 24g straight with an extra wrap from the 28g twisted) around a 3mm drill bit.4 wraps with that extra wrap from the 28g cable came to .3ohms. I'm calling it trifecta. Perfectly warm dense clouds, with no ramp up before the flavor hits. 1 second, 2 second, 8 second clouds. And flavor boy. Overtly sweet juices on other builds are not unbearable anymore. Carmel, coffee, tobacco, fruity. Every note, every puff. I really didn't care for namberjuice's strawberry. Enough sweet to choke a horse. Now it tastes like someone picked a strawberry from the garden, threw it on a skillet and topped it with whipped cream. I can taste the seeds(citric acid?) for god sakes. Whiskey rebellion 1742 is my new go to juice. For those who haven't tried it, please do. Although I'm going to have to check out the VVV juice y'all were discussing earlier. FYI this is not a juice monster, surprisingly. I'm guessing due to the inner diameter. Maybe the way I wicked the fucker. I don't know. The 24g twisted are secured in the upper post holes with the remaining cable and wire secured in the lower for better connection. Favorite coil by far...so far.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Maybe some of you helix guys can tell me... ...is it possible for the thinner wire to affect the resistance of the coil? I ask because I want to do some higher resistance ones for series and I'm not going to compromise surface area with those (the core wire is already going to be thinner) if I don't have to.
The smallest wire will barely affect the resistance of the entire wire length, like a clapton that single wire will be around 7.-30. Ohms when finished and that wont play much in the roll of ramp up or resistance overall, its mostly for a wicking surface.

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
93c7c8a28e8120c44ce8a95fddbde4a7.jpg
32/26 AWG clapton kanthal ran parallel with a 26 AWG kanthal wrapped 3 times around 2.5mm reading at 0.08Ω - 0.09Ω
Basically I haven't been able to do anything lower than .16Ω due to mod restrictions but now where sky is the limit, so moving forward you guys and gals'll be seeing some (hopefully) impressive builds which'll Ω down to as low as whatever they need to
First step - SFC which my device will actually be able to power correctly (if anyone remembers, I've had a couple of SFC's already which were entirely successful just, I didn't have a proper device to fire them comfortably)

Sent from my CM 12.One using Tapatalk [:=

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The smallest wire will barely affect the resistance of the entire wire length, like a clapton that single wire will be around 7.-30. Ohms when finished and that wont play much in the roll of ramp up or resistance overall, its mostly for a wicking surface.
See, I was thinking that a helix might behave much like a regular twisted wire comprised of multiple gauges, in which case the entire helix would be active. Each strand would carry as much current as its resistance allowed for. Part of me was thinking you'd be right and that the thinner wire worked like the outer wraps of a clapton, but I hadn't bothered to calculate the resistance and see if the ratio was big enough that all of the current would jump from the thinner wire.

Me being me, I decided to use the build I did yesterday as a control and put this variable to the test. I again used twisted 24, but this time, I used 34 gauge for the helix. Same core gauges, same diameter, different helix.
IMG_20151210_171031.jpg

You'll notice that I did one less wrap than I did yesterday. That's where things get interesting. Initially, I did 5 in order to replicate what I did yesterday, but when I mounted the first coil, it read out to .37! The one I did yesterday was .24 per coil! That's a pretty significant increase. Because of that, I was able to bring the wrap count down to 4 and still have the finished dual rig read .02 ohms higher (0.15.)

Now, I did use the troll instead of the TM today. I really don't think the possible variation in connectivity of the troll compared to the TM can account for how much higher these coils read, though.

This is proving to be a much better vape. Being able to take a wrap out really helped get it into a reasonable power range. The troll's airflow is probably making a huge difference, there. When it comes to airflow for hot builds, the troll definitely has the TM beat. In terms of flavor, this build is almost as good as a 24/40 dual clapton, but much smoother and not as dense.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
See, I was thinking that a helix might behave much like a regular twisted wire comprised of multiple gauges, in which case the entire helix would be active. In that case, the each strand would carry as much current as its resistance allowed for. Part of me was thinking you'd be right and that the thinner wire worked like the outer wraps of a clapton, but I hadn't bothered to calculate the resistance and see if the ratio was big enough that all of the current would jump from the thinner wire.

Me being me, I decided to use the build I did yesterday as a control and put this variable to the test. I again used twisted 24, but this time, I used 34 gauge for the helix. Same core gauges, same diameter, different helix.
IMG_20151210_171031.jpg

You'll notice that I did one less wrap than I did yesterday. That's where things get interesting. Initially, I did 5 in order to replicate what I did yesterday, but when I mounted the first coil, it read out to .37! The one I did yesterday was .24 per coil! That's a pretty significant increase. Because of that, I was able to bring the wrap count down to 4 and still have the finished dual rig read .02 ohms higher (0.15.)

Now, I did use the troll instead of the TM today. I really don't think the possible variation in connectivity of the troll compared to the TM can account for how much higher these coils read, though.

This is proving to be a much better vape. Being able to take a wrap out really helped get it into a reasonable power range. The troll's airflow is probably making a huge difference, there. When it comes to airflow for hot builds, the troll definitely has the TM beat. In terms of flavor, this build is almost as good as a 24/40 dual clapton, but much smoother and not as dense.
A Helix wire is just a small wire that fills in a twisted or builds with bends, its not a specific build in general....Take some of the Twisted Claptons Ive made...I used a small wire to follow the path of each twist along the wire length, thats the Helix Wire.....Twisted builds can benefit from a Helix wire for more wicking properties, just like any build that can hold one. You dont have to even have the Helix wire go into the posts, if the wires are too big most of the time I wont put it through, you would need the volts high for that wire to heat up by itself, it heats up when the other wires heat up, the thinner it is the less heat it takes to warm up, it can act as a heatsink if its a thicker gauge. It wont do much at all for your resistance unless your using 26g or lower but thats not advisable anyways...
Its a wire that doesnt add or take resistance from the build, its extra surface and more juice storage for the actual wire length your building.
Heres some Examples of Helix'd Builds Ive done...
20151112_092504-jpg.33615
20151107_132929-jpg.33248
20151130_112513-jpg.34787
20151119_131330-jpg.34088

20151210_100224-jpg.35365

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm doing that to my velocity mini tonight. I want to see if it is true that the flavor gets better.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
When doing it try and get the coils out further then the horizontal builds and make sure the bottom of the coil rests just above where the well starts, this let you take advantage of the indirect airflow and the cyclonic airflow without just introducing wasteful cool air. You and Chef should post your results afterwards

I might be interested if you made some special orders....like 2x24g/40-46g Aliens, I would buy some just to see if continuing wasting wire attempting them are worth it or not. Good work getting the Etsy up and going, hope it brings you a good fortune :p

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tonight I did a vertical build and so far no dry hits in temp mouse and getting good flavor.

5 wraps of 430 stainless and wrapped fully in lose fluffy cotton. 3mm diameter. Has good airflow too.

03489a37439b112d87b4dc3a43586d37.jpg

1507c073a16cb3f65f55cc8f000ec69a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors