ProVari Radius

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I may fall into the minority here. I don't like the look.
You may be onta something...

This looks much better!!!

f43fbd24baaecd3518c65d1432120e8f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Could I interest you in 40 true watts?!?

bahahahaha a watt is a watt,.,DNA is the epitome of accuracy... I need 48w for my adv on a DNA so, i'll need at least that

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If they're going to do a sneaky vid like that they need to make a series of it and show a little more peek in every one... like powell peralta skateboards did on their decks. Or Associated RC does on their site for their releases, every few days a little more of the car comes out of the shadows revealing itself.

That's all I got for this thread, I own 1 provari (v1.0) and that's more than enough for me lol.
But it will be fun to watch so... subscribed! :D

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One more pic...

A size comparo really...

6c9ca04e5980186ce7e9e511a20f5492.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
you know @f1r3b1rd they are going to make it a 45w device just to fuck with you
You know that's probably what will happen! When the p3 came out my adv was 24-32w. They like to be just under what I need to be happy.
-I broke down and bought one of those-mostly for collector value-; not, happening this time. Too much out there that will work for me these days. But, there's always hope, right?
That's prorapes fire button, kind of their thing(like vaporshark having the screen on the bottom) it's a soft rubbery button.

Last edited:

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Here's the way I see it:
It'll be one of two things.
Either something to keep the tootlepuffers happy and hold the current market share they have
Or
Something to open their market share back up to people they lost-like myself and most of us that went to the dmz before 'the exodus.'

The latter seems to be an idea that angers the 'provari people' which makes no sense. If you love a company don't you want them successful?
You say that like being a tootlepuffer is a bad thing.................:eek:
I'm a tootlepuffer and I own a Provari (some higher powered stuff too, but I have yet to use the 15 watts my Provari can do) :p

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's not at all what I said.
There is a group of provari owners that gasp at the idea or provape making a mod that fires more than 20w. Almost like their God would be abandoning them should they creat an inclusionary device. Some seem to think that since there are so many higher wattage devices that provape should stay out of that market.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's not at all what I said.
There is a group of provari owners that gasp at the idea or provape making a mod that fires more than 20w. Almost like their God would be abandoning them should they creat an inclusionary device. Some seem to think that since there are so many higher wattage devices that provape should stay out of that market.
I'm just busting your balls. :p
I think TC and higher output would be great! would I use it? Probably not (but it would be nice to have :D).

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You say that like being a tootlepuffer is a bad thing.................:eek:
I'm a tootlepuffer and I own a Provari (some higher powered stuff too, but I have yet to use the 15 watts my Provari can do)
Lol
I used my Provari V2 as a newbie tootle puffer about 3 yrs ago, but quickly learned it wasn't powerful enough to really satisfy my nicotene addiction..
And Protank airflow was like sucking on a straw, lol . However the low powered Provari did its job because I quit smoking those nasty cancer sticks..
And I just gave the same Provari to my little sister who just started vaping..
I installed a 1.2 ohm coil in the STM Mini for her, and so far she likes it...
As for myself it's subohm all the way these days ...something I could only dream about using the Provari, seen here
7b9a20e4d9f81fc3a1223925ad7230b5.jpg

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's sad, knowing where provape came from; but, when I think of them having TC, my first thought is, 'that technology too advanced they should stick to just giving it 50w.'
I know that sounds insulting, and I don't mean it to be, its just that the industry as a whole as come so far since the 2.5 and even the p3. Ideally though, 50w with ni200, TI and SS would be killer; but I'm thinking it'll be just the 50w....or 45w, if memory serves, the chip on the p3 is developed to handle 45w. :( if so I'm still not good enough to have a provari.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would buy one due to how reliable provari's are, but it would have to be at least 50 watts and under $200, doubt it will be 50 watts and know without a doubt it won't be under $200, probably be between $250 and $300 and that is way to pricey for me.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
a fe
I would buy one due to how reliable provari's are, but it would have to be at least 50 watts and under $200, doubt it will be 50 watts and know without a doubt it won't be under $200, probably be between $250 and $300 and that is way to pricey for me.
wmonths ago i would have completely agreed.
but since discovering the joy of DVC coils and they shine at 60ish watts, i need a device that can go above 50, and if its going to have TC it better have SS as well or have user configurable TCR

and if a german company can do all this is a pen style device at 40w, the provape should be able to as well with a better menu and maybe a few extra watts,i mean if im gonna rop $300 on one of the two devices a p3 or a dicode, it would be the dicode becuase its more versatile

the model is there for them to cop and improve on or get left in the dust even further.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The p3 was 279 at release. If that helps give you a starter mark.
I bought my p3 beta used when they put out the subohm update and sent it straight to provape fpr the update and a once over.
I paid 115$ for It.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Minds always can be changed. Or perhaps twisted.

coppola-dracula.jpg
Untwisted in this case, but I have no intention of shelling out that kind of money on something I may tire of really quickly. Too many options on the market these days that I do like the look of.

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
from what i can see in the pics,,i am going with dual batts anddddddddd some kind of a proprietary atty

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
from what i can see in the pics,,i am going with dual batts anddddddddd some kind of a proprietary atty
I'm not so sure about the dual batteries, what appears to be a "battery cap" is center mounted. if in fact that is where the battery goes, then there is no room in front of it (not enough relative space, and filled with buttons and board presumably), or behind it (not enough relative space for a battery). It is possible that the apparent battery cap is simply a release mechanism to insert 2 batteries, but I would expect it to sit further forward to align with a space big enough to insert 2 batteries side by side if that were the case.

As for the atty, it's not clear enough in these pics to tell, but it looks like it could be a standard 510 in a decorative ring. Plus I think Provape would be shooting themselves in the head to try and release a proprietary atty design at this point as the market is already saturated with 510 connector based tanks and attys.

Just my $0.02 on the topic. :)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The 510 is a p3-510 adapter. The p3 connector is flush with the top, the adapter and plate are what you see.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol
I used my Provari V2 as a newbie tootle puffer about 3 yrs ago, but quickly learned it wasn't powerful enough to really satisfy my nicotene addiction..
And Protank airflow was like sucking on a straw, lol . However the low powered Provari did its job because I quit smoking those nasty cancer sticks..
And I just gave the same Provari to my little sister who just started vaping..
I installed a 1.2 ohm coil in the STM Mini for her, and so far she likes it...
As for myself it's subohm all the way these days ...something I could only dream about using the Provari, seen here
7b9a20e4d9f81fc3a1223925ad7230b5.jpg

Thing is...... I'm not a newbie, lol. Been vaping for years. I've tried sub ohm, high wattage, crazy coil builds, etc. I've just found that tootlepuffing on a simple, single micro coil at low wattage (fruit and desert flavors) is what satisfies me the most.
The plus side of it is exceptional battery and coil life, less juice consumption, and coiling is a breeze.
God, I feel old! Lol
"Hi there. I'm Rangertrix, and I'm a tootlepuffer. Anyone seen my Geritol? Oh look a squirrel............."

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The 510 is a p3-510 adapter. The p3 connector is flush with the top, the adapter and plate are what you see.
I believe, you sir, have hit the proverbial nail on the head.
I thought it was the P3 connection when I saw it as well, and it would make sense as ProVape claims there will be more adapters coming for more toppers to use it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I believe, you sir, have hit the proverbial nail on the head.
I thought it was the P3 connection when I saw it as well, and it would make sense as ProVape claims there will be more adapters coming for more toppers to use it.
I've looked to try and find the p3 connector for my kf4, but the cheapest I found was 35$+12$shipping..... I suddenly realized the 510 is just fine

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
it looks nice. I wish I was wealthy.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thing is...... I'm not a newbie, lol. Been vaping for years. I've tried sub ohm, high wattage, crazy coil builds, etc. I've just found that tootlepuffing on a simple, single micro coil at low wattage (fruit and desert flavors) is what satisfies me the most.
The plus side of it is exceptional battery and coil life, less juice consumption, and coiling is a breeze.
God, I feel old! Lol
"Hi there. I'm Rangertrix, and I'm a tootlepuffer. Anyone seen my Geritol? Oh look a squirrel............."
That's understandable, for sure.. But I vape for the nicotine fix..and I want the best satisfaction possible for my $$ spent...And of course for me that means subohm vaping...I'm a lung hitter and prefer RDA's/subtanks with wide open airflow, as my dual coil builds run at 70-80w or so..
Crown subtank with the .25 SS coil produces flavor/vapor that rivals my best RDA's, running about 65w...
Two or three deep pulls and I'm good..
Something I could never achieve sucking on a Provari/Protank...
Going subohm was good for me.. Part of my learning curve to stay completely tobacco free...but everybody's different..I'm just saying what works for me...

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
That's understandable, for sure.. But I vape for the nicotine fix..and I want the best satisfaction possible for my $$ spent...And of course for me that means subohm vaping...I'm a lung hitter and prefer RDA's/subtanks with wide open airflow, as my dual coil builds run at 70-80w or so..
Crown subtank with the .25 SS coil produces flavor/vapor that rivals my best RDA's, running about 65w...
Going subohm was good for me.. Part of my learning curve to stay completely tobacco free...but everybody's different..I'm just saying what works for me...

Well said @smacksy! While I'm an MTL vapor, the delivery of nicotine is so much better from a good mod and tank than I could ever get on my mods at 15w or less.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Going subohm was good for me.. Part of my learning curve to stay completely tobacco free...but everybody's different..in just saying what works for me...

I use RDA's almost exclusively (until I finally get a Goblin Mini to take my Russian's place), and I love watching the "young 'uns" faces at the local B&M's when, after being told that my single 1.3 micro is so yesterday and not capable of producing enough vapor, I proceed to create my own wall cloud (my fellow tornado alley residents will understand) and then show them I did it at 10 watts with an 18350 mod. When asked how it's possible, I simply reply "science."

Whatever works for an individual is the best there is.
I'm just glad what you're doing is working for you and keeping you off stinkies.

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[QUOTE="DevAuto, post: 704536, member: 13689"

As for the atty, it's not clear enough in these pics to tell, but it looks like it could be a standard 510 in a decorative ring. Plus I think Provape would be shooting themselves in the head to try and release a proprietary atty design at this point as the market is already saturated with 510 connector based tanks and attys.

Just my $0.02 on the topic. :)[/QUOTE]

check post #91 to see what i am referencing as proprietary

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
[QUOTE="DevAuto, post: 704536, member: 13689"

check post #91 to see what i am referencing as proprietary[/QUOTE]
There is no atty
Without 510 adapter, just the p3
ECF5_zpssgb9hczc.jpg

With 510 adapter
ECF1_zpsm9us9iyu.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
$13.66 at cremedevape.com
$12.95 at vapinart.com
Oh yeah, cloud9; they were charging another 15$ shipping to the US. I'll bet that prorape will have some in stock around the launch of the new mod.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh yeah, cloud9; they were charging another 15$ shipping to the US. I'll bet that prorape will have some in stock around the launch of the new mod.

Vaperev was selling them for $13 plus $6 shipping for authentic, but you had to call their B&M and place order by phone.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Vaperev was selling them for $13 plus $6 shipping for authentic, but you had to call their B&M and place order by phone.
looks like I have a call to make in the morning-have the thing complete, with this coming out and having a beta o bet it will be worth something

Last edited:

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm not so sure about the dual batteries, what appears to be a "battery cap" is center mounted. if in fact that is where the battery goes, then there is no room in front of it (not enough relative space, and filled with buttons and board presumably), or behind it (not enough relative space for a battery). It is possible that the apparent battery cap is simply a release mechanism to insert 2 batteries, but I would expect it to sit further forward to align with a space big enough to insert 2 batteries side by side if that were the case.

I'm guessing it's a single 18650 at the rear and the board is in front and possibly knurled "knob" on bottom is some kind of lock or dial for some sort of navigation in menu. Just don't see a user replaceable battery fitting directly above it when it appears the display is located there. Not to mention ProVape's staunch stand against multiple batteries in the past, for "safety reasons", leads me to believe single 18650 at 50 watts or less. Unless they decided to go built in LiPo.

Last edited:

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
check post #91 to see what i am referencing as proprietary
There is no atty
Without 510 adapter, just the p3
ECF5_zpssgb9hczc.jpg

[/QUOTE]

thats why i am thinking there will be some kid of a proprietary atty for this mod

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i am still thinking there is room for 2 18650's.

yes its gonna be a tight one ,but whas the point of a single 18650 mod now-a-days ,,really i am sure even provape realizes that

VU Sponsors