VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There is no atty
Without 510 adapter, just the p3
ECF5_zpssgb9hczc.jpg

thats why i am thinking there will be some kid of a proprietary atty for this mod[/QUOTE]w

I doubt it, they started that with the p3; along with having the kayfun4, aspire nautilus and a protank offer the threading as an option.
Zen, offers something called the kabuki which used protank heads and has the p3 threading as well.

When I see it, I think they are narcissistic enough to believe they will make it t new standard. I would like it for my kayfun, because it looks cleaner, and would finish the setup. But quite frankly I dont see it as any performance advantage, granted, I've used it once at a shop, do I could be wrong there

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Now time to wait for the important stuff.
Will the tootlepuffers be happy or the average vapors
If they cap it at 35w, only the tootle puffers are happy. If they cap it at 60, the tootlepuffers should be happy, as well as another huge chunk of the market will be happy.

Of course there are those who are scared to let those who may be a touch different than them be happy, so once again, the common folk will be shunned by the provarinati.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If they cap it at 35w, only the tootle puffers are happy. If they cap it at 60, the tootlepuffers should be happy, as well as another huge chunk of the market will be happy.

Of course there are those who are scared to let those who may be a touch different than them be happy, so once again, the common folk will be shunned by the provarinati.
Would love to know why they would want to keep themselves catering to just one segment of an already limited market. From a business standpoint, it seems counter productive,
Of course, it looks like their is a small possibility (mostly improbable) that they just might try and sell stuff we the little people might like. If they do that, will there be a tootlepuffer revolt?

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
what ??? protank had standard 510 threading
They were going to put some out on prorapes site with P3nis threading
I thought for sure they did a protank also, but this is the nautilus with it they also have the kabuki thingy and kf4
nautilus-p3.jpg

Last edited:

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what ??? protank had standard 510 threading

say\think as you will,but the fact remains that provape and evolv have been in the game longer then everybody else out there ,and they are still playing

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
thats why i am thinking there will be some kid of a proprietary atty for this mod

I doubt it, they started that with the p3; along with having the kayfun4, aspire nautilus and a protank offer the threading as an option. Zen, offers something called the kabuki which used protank heads and has the p3 threading as well.

When I see it, I think they are narcissistic enough to believe they will make it t new standard. I would like it for my kayfun, because it looks cleaner, and would finish the setup. But quite frankly I dont see it as any performance advantage, granted, I've used it once at a shop, do I could be wrong there[/QUOTE]

The connection system will be the same as the P3, both a 510 and a P3 Thread. The problem is only a few attys are compatible with the P3 threading. In order for Provari to get market share, they will need to step up their efforts to get cost effective P3 threaded attys, a Subtank with P3 threading would be cool, same with an RTA like the Lemo 2, or Squape/R. The 510 threading is the defacto standard used worldwide, it sucks, but that's what is being used. Provari has some issues with cost on the P3 threaded attys. A P3 threaded Nautilus costs around $30. You can find 510 threaded ones for $12-15 if you look around. I consider the P3 threading to be kind of a proprietary stab at making their mods "special". Major Tank and RDA manufacturers go where the volume sales exist, if Provari was selling huge amounts of the P3, or this next model, there would be a P3 threaded Subtank by Kanger, a P3 Threaded Atlantis, and a P3 threaded Arctic tank...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How that happened?

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Zen's thoughts on what gives it MOAR POWAH!!!

5ba0b13337a23408639ee0aebc049ac2.jpg

fad0694b49a4aad3a9364a4c03d2c0c7.jpg

19bd4d63c47b252fed43a39bdd3a2ebd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's the kind of shit that makes me not want to be associated with the Provape name right there.
I do not want to be associated with people who feel it necessary to make fun of people who don't vape the way they do. Its a good thing that other companies can actually figure out how to get an 18650 give them power. its ashame that people take that guy as the final word on what a battery can and can't do.

First world problems I guess.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's the kind of shit that makes me not want to be associated with the Provape name right there.
I do not want to be associated with people who feel it necessary to make fun of people who don't vape the way they do. Its a good thing that other companies can actually figure out how to get an 18650 give them power. its ashame that people take that guy as the final word on what a battery can and can't do.

First world problems I guess.
Safety Is as Safety Does!!!

LOLz, Jim

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Safety Is as Safety Does!!!

LOLz, Jim
Well, that's the shit right there that makes people see Provape as an elitist snobmod, right there. That fuck you attitude, I used to wonder what it was when I got mine, then I saw that shit. thank you for reminding me why I stopped using their crap in the first place.
I'm officially out for wanting one no matter how much power it has. I don't want to be associated with the closed minded elitist shit again. Dude is a modder, why would he want to make provape look week? I would have thought he would be working for them.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ah come on FB...

Just havin a lil fun.

Didn't mean to offend.

Jim

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ah come on FB...

Just havin a lil fun.

Didn't mean to offend.

Jim
You didn't Zen just showed his true colors. Sad thing is I respected the guy. To tell a bunch of people who are gonna believe him because he's 'zen' that its unsafe to use anything over 40w is ....... I don't know where to start! With the math or the gerbil?
Dude needs to accept where he's seen in the industry and act accordingly

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You didn't Zen just showed his true colors. Sad thing is I respected the guy. To tell a bunch of people who are gonna believe him because he's 'zen' that its unsafe to use anything over 40w is ....... I don't know where to start! With the math or the gerbil?
Dude needs to accept where he's seen in the industry and act accordingly
Alright, I'll bite...

Whats the highest wattage a crappy battery can supply?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Alright, I'll bite...

Whats the highest wattage a crappy battery can supply?
Why would you use a crappy battery in a $200+ mod?
Why would you use anything that does nor have the proper amp rating?
There is no reason a 20a battery can't push 50-60w
There's no reason the amp limit shouldn't stop the mod firing at unsafe current draws....isn't that the reason prorape uses amp limits?

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Why would you use a crappy battery in a $200+ mod?
Why would you use anything that does nor have the proper amp rating?
There is no reason a 20a battery can't push 50-60w
There's no reason the amp limit shouldn't stop the mod firing at unsafe current draws....isn't that the reason prorape uses amp limits?
Don't Know???

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
What? You don't know or are you mocking me also?
I don't think he is mocking you, I think he was answering the questions you posed. Many people don't know anything about batteries or battery safety. I got a guy I work with that has been vaping for a couple years now, and STILL tries to find old laptop batteries to cannibalize for "new" batteries for his mod. Just because a guy spends $200 on a mod doesn't mean he knows enough about batteries to put a good one in it, or isn't trying to save money by cutting corners.

Just for the sake of clarity, has anyone confirmed that Zen was the originator and actually put out those Provape/Hamster pics?

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think he is mocking you, I think he was answering the questions you posed. Many people don't know anything about batteries or battery safety. I got a guy I work with that has been vaping for a couple years now, and STILL tries to find old laptop batteries to cannibalize for "new" batteries for his mod. Just because a guy spends $200 on a mod doesn't mean he knows enough about batteries to put a good one in it, or isn't trying to save money by cutting corners.

Just for the sake of clarity, has anyone confirmed that Zen was the originator and actually put out those Provape/Hamster pics?
Yes it was Zen...

Done totally in jest.

Just havin some fun is all he was doing.

Jim

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Yes it was Zen...

Done totally in jest.

Just havin some fun is all he was doing.

Jim
I can believe that. Having met Zen a couple times he certainly does have a sense of humor, and I can see it as "fun". By the same token though, I can see where @f1r3b1rd could also interpret it as elitism. Not sure what the original context of the images was, perhaps it was clear at the time that it was all in fun.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Another Fun Pic...

742df68be3a4c1b54a23349fab6ec6dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok got it now
theres probably a removable door for the 18650
that dial thing at the bottom is a storage compartment for your extra battery.

Because where it is, if its for the battery theres some extra space in that mod. It doesn't look to be in the right place from the photos for it to be the actual battery compartment.

SO its either a control dial or its a spare battery compartment

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can believe that. Having met Zen a couple times he certainly does have a sense of humor, and I can see it as "fun". By the same token though, I can see where @f1r3b1rd could also interpret it as elitism. Not sure what the original context of the images was, perhaps it was clear at the time that it was all in fun.
Funny it was, is, and always will be.

I do find it interesting though...

That the DNA200 mods are using lipo batteries.

Seems a change in 18650 battery thinking for high powered mods is underway.

Jim

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
and i think the pics are hilarious, and provape brings it on themselves for not releasing specs.

But dude he even bothered to photoshop a hamster inside the seeing eye power button.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah elitists like having fun, making fun of people.
Sorry you feel that way.

Like I said before, Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Jim

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Funny it was, is, and always will be.

I do find it interesting though...

That the DNA200 mods are using lipo batteries.

Seems a change in 18650 battery thinking for high powered mods is underway.

Jim
Yeah... Only when at 200w... They take dual 18650 to give an output of 133w...
Must be a big gerbil going up there

Last edited:

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
More pix...

9136307ad2ffe3c27d21c3f5ab220169.jpg

87dbda3589908c222fcaf714b0a078b2.jpg

90c4c30c6de4e7aafe94ea586a4c4132.jpg

And one more just for fun...

23c47d73415d0a47546dabaad1dec885.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
you know
that seeing eye fire button with a iclear 30s with pivoting drip tip, and you got yourself a dalek
Hmmmm ... jwraps Dalek wrap for Provari Radius ... I'm really liking that idea! :D

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Jim, where are you getting those pictures, how about one of the bottom of the Radius? Who is Zen?

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Hey Jim, where are you getting those pictures, how about one of the bottom of the Radius? Who is Zen?
@ChrisL I don't know where the pictures are coming from, but I can answer the question on Zen. He is the owner of House of Hybrids, and some would call him a visionary. He came up with the Z2 threading used in all his mods, and even published an open source specification for it. Zen is also the creator of (among other things) the Z-atty, Sidewinder, and maybe most notably the ZNA. He makes very high quality mods and attys out of surgical steel and is proud to say it is all 100% American made.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Zen question answered!

The other answer is found on another vaping forum.

Jim

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Thanks Dev
You're welcome! Zen is actually the reason I moved up to good mods, when I saw the ZNA I was hooked. I got the original ZNA Launch Day Edition as a gift to myself for making it a full year without a cigarette. I had to really stretch my vape budget for it, but I'm glad I did, It was my daily driver for a year and a half.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@ChrisL I don't know where the pictures are coming from, but I can answer the question on Zen. He is the owner of House of Hybrids, and some would call him a visionary. He came up with the Z2 threading used in all his mods, and even published an open source specification for it. Zen is also the creator of (among other things) the Z-atty, Sidewinder, and maybe most notably the ZNA. He makes very high quality mods and attys out of surgical steel and is proud to say it is all 100% American made.
I night add I sucked it to buying the $140 Zeb Atty Pro when I ordered a Provari..
What a piece of crap that Atty was..Zen sucks!!

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I night add I sucked it to buying the $140 Zeb Atty Pro when I ordered a Provari..

Yes, it takes some good building skills to make a genny shine.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media

I have to disagree with your assessment of the Z-atty. I have a couple of them and I LOVE them for the flavor they produce. The flavor is better than anything else I have ever used, hands down. It took a while to figure out how to build it properly to get the best results, but once you get it right, they just can't be beat, or laid on their side for that matter ... LOL

The only reason I stopped using them is because they are NOT pocket friendly at all. Everything I own is carried in my pockets, so gennies just don't work for me.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to disagree with your assessment of the Z-atty. I have a couple of them and I LOVE them for the flavor they produce. The flavor is better than anything else I have ever used, hands down. It took a while to figure out how to build it properly to get the best results, but once you get it right, they just can't be beat, or laid on their side for that matter ... LOL

The only reason I stopped using them is because they are NOT pocket friendly at all. Everything I own is carried in my pockets, so gennies just don't work for me.
I agree we disagree, lol
But you just reminded me how bad that damn thing leaked if I laid it down..I remember the lame vape using those skinny pre rolled stainless mesh wicks.. I remember the delicate ceramic wicks always breaking off flush with the deck..I remember the little insulator melting all over the wick/deck..I remember all right.. I remember wasting $140...won't buy "Zen " anything ever again..

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I agree we disagree, lol
But you just reminded me how bad that damn thing leaked if I laid it down..I remember the lame vape using those skinny pre rolled stainless mesh wicks.. I remember the delicate ceramic wicks always breaking off flush with the deck..I remember the little insulator melting all over the wick/deck..I remember all right.. I remember wasting $140...won't buy "Zen " anything ever again..

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Yes, the leaking was the biggest problem with the gennies. I never used the pre-rolled wicks, I rolled my own. I also never used the ceramic wicks, and never had an insulator melt all over the deck/wick. I used either stainless steel mesh or cable with a 3mm ekowool sleeve (which "helped" with the leaking but didn't stop it).

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, the leaking was the biggest problem with the gennies. I never used the pre-rolled wicks, I rolled my own. I also never used the ceramic wicks, and never had an insulator melt all over the deck/wick. I used either stainless steel mesh or cable with a 3mm ekowool sleeve (which "helped" with the leaking but didn't stop it).
Oh well, I consider the Provari/ZAP part of my early learning curve..I learned that I didn't like low powered lame vaping at all if I was to stay tobacco free.
Now it's high powered VW mods with killer subtanks and my cloud blowin RDA's...As a result I really enjoy my vaping these days...

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So when are we going to get specs, release date, and price point on this device?

VU Sponsors