Become a Patron!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks Ray...but I'm not in any hurry....take your time, it's nice not doing much on a Sunday once in a while.....:)
I just was reminded it was a Sunday pulling in to the Post Office's empty lot...o well I guess Ill wait until tomorrow... :D:D

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@inspects I thought this would worth posting on this thread because it was a FEAT...I knew it would take a while to clapton it all but I was expecting to have to change out my drill battery 3 times, but I wanted to share the pictures of the wire/setup and the lot.

There's almost 800ft of 50g on that length shown, it took almost 1 and a half hours of constant wrapping with a 1800rpm drill....and it had to be done twice :D.

20160807_111441.jpg 20160807_111739.jpg 20160807_121815.jpg20160807_122118.jpg 20160807_122200.jpg 20160807_123343.jpg

H

Harry Nutczak

How long is that - about 6 feet?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

H

Harry Nutczak

How many (if any) breakages while wrapping?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

kwb19448

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I saw they were advertising them on there website but said out of stock

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I saw they were advertising them on there website but said out of stock

Yea we were trying to get the price as low as possible so they would be MAJOR competition...Other sites sell Aliens (Not even SS) for $20-$30 pair...and thats before shipping...The quality is as high if not better since the wire is much cleaner then most Ive used...and I may be boasting a bit but I can spin up some pretty tight alien coils :D:p

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea we were trying to get the price as low as possible so they would be MAJOR competition...Other sites sell Aliens (Not even SS) for $20-$30 pair...and thats before shipping...The quality is as high if not better since the wire is much cleaner then most Ive used...and I may be boasting a bit but I can spin up some pretty tight alien coils :D:p
You can spin up any coil perfectly......:)

I love these freaking coils, perfect color when pulsed, like magic.......:vino:

kwb19448

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Going to wait until payday then I will be contacting you

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
yeah i got th eemail from AVS today advertising alien coils made by raymo2u
i giggled.

i need to do an order there, starting to run low on wire
and want to try out their new tri braid since their vertabraid just ohms too damn low

and i want to try the triple core twisted clapton wire

and i may have to add a pair of rays aliens just to see what its like.

now @raymo2u i have a question
they CLAIM that their triple core parralell clapton wire is close to an alien..its an alien without the wavy wrap. how big of a difference do you feel the shape of the outer wrap makes for flavor

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
yeah i got th eemail from AVS today advertising alien coils made by raymo2u
i giggled.

i need to do an order there, starting to run low on wire
and want to try out their new tri braid since their vertabraid just ohms too damn low

and i want to try the triple core twisted clapton wire

and i may have to add a pair of rays aliens just to see what its like.

now @raymo2u i have a question
they CLAIM that their triple core parralell clapton wire is close to an alien..its an alien without the wavy wrap. how big of a difference do you feel the shape of the outer wrap makes for flavor
The cores make up the surface area, heatflux, and duration of ramp up. The outerwrap effect wicking mostly but also can change on how flavor is perceived by adding extra "pockets and crevices" for juice to evaporate in and out from. I will honestly tell you the a Alien coil performs much differently then a Triple Parallel coil...even though without the wrap its the same...it behaves, ramps and stays at temps differently then its counterpart.
I havent tried braided wire for vaping, though I have been trying to braid myself some decent wire...

My personal favorite coil is a Alien Framed Staple...there arent many coils that compare in the way it vapes...

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
too many terms for a novice like me to keep up wih
framed alien staple is a riboon with two round wires on eon each side the wrapped with a alien wrap?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
too many terms for a novice like me to keep up wih
framed alien staple is a riboon with two round wires on eon each side the wrapped with a alien wrap?
Yes its a Framed Staple with Alien Wrapping.
Framed Staple is a "Staple" (Stacked Ribbon Wire) "Framed" with Round wire. The term "Staple" was used becuase the Ribbon the wire itself looks like staples in a pack...like below:

Office-staples.jpg

20160807_111739.jpg

See the resemblance?

Alien Framed Staples:
framed-staple-alien-premaid-coil.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes its a Framed Staple with Alien Wrapping.
Framed Staple is a "Staple" (Stacked Ribbon Wire) "Framed" with Round wire. The term "Staple" was used becuase the Ribbon the wire itself looks like staples in a pack...like below:

Office-staples.jpg

View attachment 58516

See the resemblance?

Alien Framed Staples:
framed-staple-alien-premaid-coil.jpg
Incredible image, Ray.....when I get the next order I'll use my FLIR thermal imaging camera to take some pictures of how the coils heat prior to use, or better yet a video, and email it to you. I'd bet the heat signatures will be astounding in an infrared image. Was going to do that in the past but forgot about it....was in too much of a hurry to get the coils on an atty to vape.......:)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Incredible image, Ray.....when I get the next order I'll use my FLIR thermal imaging camera to take some pictures of how the coils heat prior to use, or better yet a video, and email it to you. I'd bet the heat signatures will be astounding in an infrared image. Was going to do that in the past but forgot about it....was in too much of a hurry to get the coils on an atty to vape.......:)
That would be AWESOME...would love to see a comparison for a few different coils sometime...maybe in the future Ill send a few that I feel are great contenders in a match for best vape and your thermal video could show why

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That would be AWESOME...would love to see a comparison for a few different coils sometime...maybe in the future Ill send a few that I feel are great contenders in a match for best vape and your thermal video could show why
Indeed it would..!

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How do you measure which core to clapton on when building a framed staple?

Sent from my H220 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
+1 vouch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How do you measure which core to clapton on when building a framed staple?

Im not sure what your asking...For what measurement? Its not like a Alien, you just put it together and clapton it.
If you mean for what Ribbon size, for what Frame Size...here
.3R use 30g Frames
.4R use 28g Frames
.5R use 26g Frames

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im not sure what your asking...For what measurement? Its not like a Alien, you just put it together and clapton it.
.3R use 30g Frames
.4R use 28g Frames
.5R use 26g Frames
Sorry, I was terribly unclear. For alien coils, if using 3 cores of 26g, you make the alien wrap by doing a clapton using a 26g core before stretching. For alien framed staples, how do you figure this out?

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
.3R use 30g Frames
.4R use 28g Frames
.5R use 26g Frames
Damn it! I didn't get a .3r! I was planning on putting it on my series box and I specced out 30g frames and .4r!

Edit: my bad re specced and it will still work!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Damn it! I didn't get a .3r! I was planning on putting it on my series box and I specced out 30g frames and .4r!

It could work but you may need to tape them up for them to stay centered...try twisting 2 x 30g or claptoning it with 40g then use it as frames...should be similar to 28g after either way.

.4R with 28g Framing

20160314_155234.jpg 20160316_110417.jpg

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It could work but you may need to tape them up for them to stay centered...try twisting 2 x 30g or claptoning it with 40g then use it as frames...should be similar to 28g after either way.

.4R with 28g Framing

View attachment 58523 View attachment 58522
I think I'll be able to make something work in single coil with the initial sizes to use in round Wire vs ribbon. Been waiting a week for my package to arrive!

How do you figure out which core to wrap the alien clapton for your framed staple aliens? So if that's 2x28g frames, 4x.4 I clapton it around 28g still? Or it really doesn't matter anymore?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think I'll be able to make something work in single coil with the initial sizes to use in round Wire vs ribbon. Been waiting a week for my package to arrive!

How do you figure out which core to wrap the alien clapton for your framed staple aliens? So if that's 2x28g frames, 4x.4 I clapton it around 28g still? Or it really doesn't matter anymore?

For Alien wrapped staples the best way is to take what ever core your using for the clapton, then line 3 next to each other and then match that size with the amount of Ribbon. A 28g Alien Framed Staple (Most Gauges use the same rule) you can have between 5-8 pieces of Ribbon in the Center if your using the same gauge frames.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok those look interesting
now am what i think i am seeing what i am seeing
to me it looks like you are dramatically increasing surface area by building the coil in an radfial direction(away from the center of the actula col) versus most coils i see which add surface are by making each wrap wider.

so to me it seems you can add more wire ,raise resistance,add surface arean etc to the coil by building outwardly this way fitting more wire and wraps on the same deck then by building the coil wider

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
youj added like mor eposts while i was typing, i was referring to the mohawks

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well first off i have to say this
i dotn now if its camera angle or what
but those mohawk things for me...make everything else you posted look boring
its just the way they catch my eye,, i know some of the other stuff ismuch more complicated to build and more time consuming. but i think those mohaks ar ethe coolest looking coil i have ever seen

to me it look slike thos emohawks
add wire,surface area and resistance in a different way.
instead of adding it making each wrap take up more room between the post

they utilize the space everywhere else allowing more wraps and wire to fit between the posts

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
well first off i have to say this
i dotn now if its camera angle or what
but those mohawk things for me...make everything else you posted look boring
its just the way they catch my eye,, i know some of the other stuff ismuch more complicated to build and more time consuming. but i think those mohaks ar ethe coolest looking coil i have ever seen

to me it look slike thos emohawks
add wire,surface area and resistance in a different way.
instead of adding it making each wrap take up more room between the post

they utilize the space everywhere else allowing more wraps and wire to fit between the posts
The crazy thing is....Ive never even vaped on one yet :D:D Couldnt tell you if they were any better then a normal Alien or not...

But I do have a few other pics that you may enjoy with them....this time Paralleled with a Normal Alien...I love this first shot though, I feel its one of the best pics Ive ever taken...remember every pics Ive taken on this forum or anywhere is with a 6 year old Samsung Galaxy S3 with a Macro clip on....

20160802_155905.jpg20160802_155834.jpg
20160802_155559.jpg 20160802_155924.jpg 20160802_155707.jpg 20160802_155615.jpg 20160802_160214.jpg20160802_160133.jpg 20160802_154909.jpg 20160802_155554.jpg

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well vape it and tell me
then five the mohawk a mohawk
or start iwth2 mohoaks
and give each 2 more mohaks
and each with its own
get creative
these are more eye appealing cuz they add more dimension

all thi sis my opinion

even without the colors
everything else seems boring to look at

well some braided stuff still looks interesting

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
well vape it and tell me
then five the mohawk a mohawk
or start iwth2 mohoaks
and give each 2 more mohaks
and each with its own
get creative
these are more eye appealing cuz they add more dimension

all thi sis my opinion

even without the colors
everything else seems boring to look at

well some braided stuff still looks interesting
Give it a try

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry raymo l don't see coils l see jewellery! I make wire jewellery as a hobby and l recognise many of your amazing techniques on a miniature scale truly amazing. I will now read this thread from the start to pick up some tips. May make more jewellery then coils though.:D

Shorevaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For some odd reason some attys and a few coils look awful familiar ha ha nice work man idk how the heck you pull these coils off.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Someone that isnt allowed here anymore kept telling others, including myself to try some Multicore Cat Tracks....Im trying a Multicore Framed Variation and even though he cant read this (maybe) I want to thank him openly and that it reacts much differently then the ones I was making beforehand.

I beat the Wire with a normal masonry hammer and used a large wrench as a anvil....Maybe I should invest in a nice Brass Jeweler's Hammer and Anvil??

SPECS: 20 x 36N80/26g 316L/32N80 (4 Wraps/3.5mm ID @ .11 Ohms Single Coil)

20160817_153305.jpg 20160817_151718.jpg 20160817_152226.jpg 20160817_152804.jpg 20160817_153004.jpg20160817_153518.jpg 20160817_152847.jpg 20160817_153426.jpg 20160817_154018.jpg 20160817_153922.jpg

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Someone that isnt allowed here anymore kept telling others, including myself to try some Multicore Cat Tracks....Im trying a Multicore Framed Variation and even though he cant read this (maybe) I want to thank him openly and that it reacts much differently then the ones I was making beforehand.

I beat the Wire with a normal masonry hammer and used a large wrench as a anvil....Maybe I should invest in a nice Brass Jeweler's Hammer and Anvil??

SPECS: 20 x 36N80/26g 316L/32N80 (4 Wraps/3.5mm ID @ .11 Ohms Single Coil)

View attachment 59401 View attachment 59396 View attachment 59395 View attachment 59402 View attachment 59403View attachment 59399 View attachment 59404 View attachment 59400 View attachment 59398 View attachment 59397
Unbelievable stuff bro. In total awe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@raymo2u

Congratz m8! Can't wait to see your variation on the alien coil. Not to jinx it or talk down to the other 8, but I really think Schizo is your competition.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors