Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just want it on the record, while we may have all been present during tonight's enabling, the blame has to fall directly at DI's feet.

^^^ Just in case you need to throw someone under the bus to your wife. He's your man.

Sounds like you've done this before . . . . .

any ideas on what to tell my wife when she figures out the Quadra Slim I just got isn't one of my reo's?

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, just spent some of the leftover $ in the mod spa account. Got a Griffin, Crown, & an ipv d3.
I forgot how fun it is to spend a little $ on myself :)

Thanks for the help!

Nice. The crown has a rebuildable deck that can be had for about $9. Haven't used mine yet. Stock coil is about 5 months old and going strong. I'll be interested in your thoughts on that Griffin. I've got a spendy urge myself.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just want it on the record, while we may have all been present during tonight's enabling, the blame has to fall directly at DI's feet.

^^^ Just in case you need to throw someone under the bus to your wife. He's your man.

This is fact. I needed something to try the new coils he's sending me on ;) shame he wasn't here tonight to upsell me into a dna200 lol

Mark, is your E7 battery draining even when not in use?

Not sure. Haven't pulled it out in months. Felt like I'd get maybe an hour before low battery indicator :( had such high hopes for it.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Yes.......DI......it's always DI.
Him and his damn fancy Griffiny thingys. And his sanded and polished interlocking, zippery looking coils.
Come to think of it....I haven't had a spendy urge for quite a while. Then DI pops in......hmmmmmm

penguiness

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is fact. I needed something to try the new coils he's sending me on ;) shame he wasn't here tonight to upsell me into a dna200 lol

Not sure. Haven't pulled it out in months. Felt like I'd get maybe an hour before low battery indicator :( had such high hopes for it.

Something is not right with that E7. I can empty almost the entire 10ml bottle before I have to change batteries. And that is in TC mode where you don't burn through as much juice. Have you brought up any discussion with Sunbox about it? What condition is the spring in? The original spring is known to go bad and cause battery drain even when not in use. Most have been replaced, but yours may not have been.

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just tell her you traded another mod for it, straight up. One you don't use anymore, like the IPv4. Then ship it to dready. She doesn't need to know what the slim is worth.

Brilliant!!! It'll hold up until she asks when she's getting her Vitamix' . . . .. :eek:

it's all good - she got new appliances, kitchen cabinets, granite counter tops, recessed lighting, paint, furniture, and ceiling fans. One mod isn't going to break the budget anymore than it already is.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Something is not right with that E7. I can empty almost the entire 10ml bottle before I have to change batteries. And that is in TC mode where you don't burn through as much juice. Have you brought up any discussion with Sunbox about it? What condition is the spring in? The original spring is known to go bad and cause battery drain even when not in use. Most have been replaced, but yours may not have been.
I have no idea. I traded it (used) for a patina with a regular over "there". It's one of the first of the e7s, so maybe it has issues. Is there a known fix?

penguiness

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no idea. I traded it (used) for a patina with a regular over "there". It's one of the first of the e7s, so maybe it has issues. Is there a known fix?

If you have a chance, pull it out and put in a fresh batter. Make sure the chip starts up, then leave it overnight. If it drains without being used, most likely is the spring. Send them an email at the address found here: http://sunboxstore.tictail.com/about and they can get you a new spring. If the battery drain does not occur send them an email telling them of the issue and that you do not have the "battery drain when not in use" issue. They may have a fix for that, too.

If you do not get anywhere with the emails, let me know and I will reach out to some people who can help.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you have a chance, pull it out and put in a fresh batter. Make sure the chip starts up, then leave it overnight. If it drains without being used, most likely is the spring. Send them an email at the address found here: http://sunboxstore.tictail.com/about and they can get you a new spring. If the battery drain does not occur send them an email telling them of the issue and that you do not have the "battery drain when not in use" issue. They may have a fix for that, too.

If you do not get anywhere with the emails, let me know and I will reach out to some people who can help.
Thanks Peng! I have to admit, I'm enjoying the ability to tinker with gear again. I'd been so busy with the patina biz, and then home remodeling, I didn't even change a coil for over 6 months. I'd love to get that E7 working well; still think I'll prefer squonking over these new tanks, but eager to give them a shot.

penguiness

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can get atty's that use coil packs for squonkers now. NoName Mods make two: 14mm NoCode "Tired" uses Ego One coils, and 18mm "Lazy" uses Aspire CLR (including Ti or Ni types). I have both, muted flavor on the "Tired". Excellent flavor on the "Lazy". These will come in handy on trips when I don't want to take my coil kit.

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Holy crap. I wasn't even here to defend myself. Lol. I would've spent more money.

The Griffin would do fine on an unregulated mod. It's specifically designed for big crazy coils. Throw a couple fused claptons in it and you're hitting 0.2 ohm real quick and 3.7v will push it just fine. No worries Dready, the ipv d3 you'll enjoy. I probably would've pushed more to the snowwolf but that's just because that's what I use. I sold my ipv d2's. I would have actually probably told you to hold out for another few weeks for the newest sigelei 200 Watt mod. That's looking to be a big seller in the next month.

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, just spent some of the leftover $ in the mod spa account. Got a Griffin, Crown, & an ipv d3.
I forgot how fun it is to spend a little $ on myself :)

Thanks for the help!
And another enabling recommendation, look for the rba kit for the crown. The air slits need a lil widening but it works really well. I like the crown too. Griffin has better flavor and less spit back but the crown won't eat through juice as fast.

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice. The crown has a rebuildable deck that can be had for about $9. Haven't used mine yet. Stock coil is about 5 months old and going strong. I'll be interested in your thoughts on that Griffin. I've got a spendy urge myself.
Griffin has better flavor. That's about it. I use claptons in both but the Griffin is made specifically for those big low ohm coils. If you're not going to use those you probably won't notice that much difference between the two. And the crown holds more juice. My only real fuss with the crown is I tend to get a bit of spit back sometimes. I don't get that with the Griffin. I'm thinking that is all to do with how they're filled. Even closing the air holes and filling I think the crown still pulls a lil too much juice in. The Griffin seals off the inner chamber when you fill so you don't get any of that flooding. Not really that it floods. Just extra juice I think.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
buckeye burl
amboyna burl
"fire" maple burl

that is my li'l pinch shortlist, taking a few days for the carpenter bee to look them over, and see if he can see a mod in one more than others, and to see if one "comes to me in my dreams"

not sure what month i am up, but close enough to be a lil budget conscious a while

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sitting here in the cold again.........brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr We are on a 2 hour delay. I think I'm getting sick. :( Stuffy nose, tired, sore throat. Anyone want to make me chicken noodle soup? I can't get sick. I don't have time to be sick.................

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sitting here in the cold again.........brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr We are on a 2 hour delay. I think I'm getting sick. :( Stuffy nose, tired, sore throat. Anyone want to make me chicken noodle soup? I can't get sick. I don't have time to be sick.................
Not a fan of noodles in my soup. If you are up for traveling several thousand km I will though

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looks like you may get some of this east coast snow storm Friday.
They're calling for between 3" and 1,000,000" here. Got everyone all panicky.

Morning er'body!

Yeah.........Here, too. People are saying 1-2 FEET.......if it tracks up the Ohio Valley. Models are showing it more east near NJ and Philly........We shall see. Right in time for the weekend!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

poor steph and embee

polls_eskimo_2217_228354_poll_xlarge.jpeg

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning all
My weather map shows us getting 1-3". Pffft.
Weird lack of white stuff this year. I was hoping to be able to go skiing once or twice, but so far it looks grim.
Somehow it seems easier to get outside when there's snow on the ground, but just cold and gray and windy day after day makes me want to hibernate. I wish I was a bear.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just spent 2 hours playing with subtle window manager on linux. I don't like it. Sticking to i3 wm

penguiness

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
buckeye burl
amboyna burl
"fire" maple burl

that is my li'l pinch shortlist, taking a few days for the carpenter bee to look them over, and see if he can see a mod in one more than others, and to see if one "comes to me in my dreams"

not sure what month i am up, but close enough to be a lil budget conscious a while

Is Peter going to make you a larger mod?

I have some homemade chicken noodle soup frozen solid in the freezer. I can ship it to you. Doubt it would thaw out before it got there.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning all
My weather map shows us getting 1-3". Pffft.
Weird lack of white stuff this year. I was hoping to be able to go skiing once or twice, but so far it looks grim.
Somehow it seems easier to get outside when there's snow on the ground, but just cold and gray and windy day after day makes me want to hibernate. I wish I was a bear.

We already have a bear. One is enough.
How about a cuddly wuzzle? We don't have a wuzzle in the fam.

Morning knuckelett.
Cheer up. It will be hot and humid before you know it. Then we can bitch about the heat and post pics of Eskimos for Rooboy.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ordered lots of frozen stuff with my groceries. Pies, pasties (yes i know that means different there) sausage rolls. Loser food. But I have no drive

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i've only seen snow twice, once was lucky to be 0.05", the about an inch or two. We tried to make snow men, being dumb aussies, they were mostly mud

Once, in Lake Tahoe, we got over 7 feet one week. It buried my cabin. We dug a hole from the front door out to the driveway. The ladder onto the roof to try removing snow; ended up making a ramp that dropped 30 feet from the crown down to the drive, and up & over big jump that launched us into the street on our snowboards.
One of my favorite memories and one I hope to replicate again at some point. The storm knocked out power for days, but all the snow insulated homes enough to stay warm enough. Neighbors all combined camping gear and cooked together in candle light.
I remember about 10 of us sitting and talking when the power came back on. Without a word said, one of us got up and flipped the lights back off and we went back to our candlelit hang :)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Once, in Lake Tahoe, we got over 7 feet one week. It buried my cabin. We dug a hole from the front door out to the driveway. The ladder onto the roof to try removing snow; ended up making a ramp that dropped 30 feet from the crown down to the drive, and up & over big jump that launched us into the street on our snowboards.
One of my favorite memories and one I hope to replicate again at some point. The storm knocked out power for days, but all the snow insulated homes enough to stay warm enough. Neighbors all combined camping gear and cooked together in candle light.
I remember about 10 of us sitting and talking when the power came back on. Without a word said, one of us got up and flipped the lights back off and we went back to our candlelit hang :)

i don't think my crocs would be appropriate in 7 feet of snow. It all sounds surreal

we had a 15 year drought here, i was working with toddlers and we got a rare rain. The kids didn't know what it was, asked if they could make snow men

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i don't think my crocs would be appropriate in 7 feet of snow. It all sounds surreal

we had a 15 year drought here, i was working with toddlers and we got a rare rain. The kids didn't know what it was, asked if they could make snow men
Woah!
I first read that as a "15 year doughnut" and thought, why the hell would they do that?

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

No battery drain overnight. Guess it's still a mystery.

VU Sponsors