Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been vaping SJ Toasted RY4 exclusively for over a year now. I've tried to get into other flavored but nothing has really resonated. Now that I'm back to setting up old gear again AND have a couple new rigs coming, I'm thinking I should try to branch out again and find a couple alternates.
Anyone have any new favorite juices or vendor? I'm partial to Steam Juice at this point, but know there are others good ones.
Ordered Dewey Boba, "The Milk", & RoYal4 from GV yesterday. High hopes for Dewey Boba :)

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm definitely going to try unflavored at some point, but I do like my flavors too; keeps me from eating too many sweets.
I have tons of NT in a box I will never use, if anyone here would like some id be happy to send a crate or two :)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A good spanking works on me.
And, I've been kinda naughty.

Big headed midget...lol..:p

punishment-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

rawr

coffee tastes crap today, wish they made unflavoured coffee

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm definitely going to try unflavored at some point, but I do like my flavors too; keeps me from eating too many sweets.
I have tons of NT in a box I will never use, if anyone here would like some id be happy to send a crate or two :)

I'll do unflavored as a break when things taste blah. 2-3 days of unflavored then when I go back to my grogs the flavors seem to pop more.

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm really not buying any juice anymore, I am vaping DIY almost exclusively with a little of what I have in the drawer thrown in from time to time. My problem with just about any vendor juice is the sweeteners they use make it too sweet and an unpleasant aftertaste.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm really not buying any juice anymore, I am vaping DIY almost exclusively with a little of what I have in the drawer thrown in from time to time. My problem with just about any vendor juice is the sweeteners they use make it too sweet and an unpleasant aftertaste.

I've got as far as mixing SJ concentrate with my nic, pg/vg but nothing from scratch yet. I have a few flavors to work with, but no idea what I would want to make.
If Dewey boba hits for me I may be interested in reverse engineering it. Didn't DI figure out a Toasted RY4 clone? Someday I want to try making my own coffee extract for mixing. I'm a coffee snob of the highest magnitude and have found every coffee cape utterly disgusting, like burnt Sanka.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got as far as mixing SJ concentrate with my nic, pg/vg but nothing from scratch yet. I have a few flavors to work with, but no idea what I would want to make.
If Dewey boba hits for me I may be interested in reverse engineering it. Didn't DI figure out a Toasted RY4 clone? Someday I want to try making my own coffee extract for mixing. I'm a coffee snob of the highest magnitude and have found every coffee cape utterly disgusting, like burnt Sanka.
Just put grounds in pg for a couple weeks. Shaking occasionally. Then double strain through coffee filters.

Your coils will hate you. But it tastes like coffee. Some add sweeteners and or cream

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only coffee I've liked isn't really a coffee. Mama j's peppermint mocha tiramisu concentrate. Seems to go well with everything for me lately, and I didn't think I'd like it at all with the peppermint but that part is just hiding in the background

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I forgot what it's like waiting for vape mail. I ordered last night and all day I've been obsessed with when it will get here. I don't even have a tracking number yet and I'm looking out the window.
Smh

Last edited:

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Has it really been this quiet here recently or have I run everyone off with all the questions and banter?

Doing a vape inventory; holy smokes do I have a lot of gear and juice! Much of it is either patina'd or inked, or was intended to be. But still I have a crap ton of stuff! Not sure what to do with it or how much to build/set up.
Good thing I just ordered more (facepalm)

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm still at work - the rest of the peeps are doing rl stuffs I think . . ..

Best Buy finally called to let me know that my macbook is ready for pickup. I think I'm going to cancel and order a refurbished one from the Apple Store for $75 less. Just debating whether I should get a mouse too.

Jimmy-B

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am around, mostly lurking. I have been working through my SJ stash...typically golden road, some toasted ry etc. for me. Tried some DIY...but couldn't seem to get it right, so the supplies sit for now. Guess I could try some unflavored don't think I could screw that up.

I am not sure how folks are getting 4 months on the crown coils...after about 2 weeks the coils and wicking looks all nasty, to me anyway, not sure that I would want to run them for months. What's the secret? Clear nonsweetner type juice....higher or lower than 28W.

Glad to see other folks who haven't been around in a while.

Take care.

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has it really been this quiet here recently or have I run everyone off with all the questions and banter?

Doing a vape inventory; holy smokes do I have a lot of gear and juice! Much of it is either patina'd or inked, or was intended to be. But still I have a crap ton of stuff! Not sure what to do with it or how much to build/set up.
We definitely have doldrums and flare ups now. Makes it easier to catch up when I get home from work.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am around, mostly lurking. I have been working through my SJ stash...typically golden road, some toasted ry etc. for me. Tried some DIY...but couldn't seem to get it right, so the supplies sit for now. Guess I could try some unflavored don't think I could screw that up.

I am not sure how folks are getting 4 months on the crown coils...after about 2 weeks the coils and wicking looks all nasty, to me anyway, not sure that I would want to run them for months. What's the secret? Clear nonsweetner type juice....higher or lower than 28W.

Take care.
What diy brands did you buy? I wasn't getting very far til I found some of the recipes here, now I'm loving it. I have very picky buds and am not into most of the normal categories, 95% of what I like anymore is the desserts. And it's usually ones I didn't think I'd enjoy that end up being favorites

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Take care.

Ah.....there's your problem. Don't look at the coil....lol.....
My crown and ZEPHYRUS coils are months old and kicking. Total DIY grog, but no sweeteners, so maybe that's why I've had luck with them. I have a Kanger sub-tank that's over 6 months old and only on the second coil. Only changed the first one cuz I screwed up and looked at it...lol...

Sup j-B?

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jeez I don't think I vape right or something. Never did get a subtank coil to last very long, got dry or burnt hits way too quick. Cranked the watts way down and that helped but its definitely not as satisfying. And goat forbid I chain vape or it'll burn to bits again.

Apparently I r special

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
...heya ppls! :D

Currently freezing so bad that...well...the beans are likely somewhere north of the kidneys! Presently, the temp is at a high for the day of a balmy 9°F. Winter in Wisconsin SUCKS! Can't wait to go back home! Carry on...

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been vaping SJ Toasted RY4 exclusively for over a year now. I've tried to get into other flavored but nothing has really resonated. Now that I'm back to setting up old gear again AND have a couple new rigs coming, I'm thinking I should try to branch out again and find a couple alternates.
Anyone have any new favorite juices or vendor? I'm partial to Steam Juice at this point, but know there are others good ones.
Ordered Dewey Boba, "The Milk", & RoYal4 from GV yesterday. High hopes for Dewey Boba :)
Vgod is one I've moved to. Luscious is superb. Dewbie is good but no where near luscious. Both melon. Watermelon candy and honeydew respectively. Luscious reminds me of watermelon airheads. As it ages it leans more and more towards watermelon jolly rancher. Good stuff. They had 120ml bottles on sale a while back for $35. I stocked up. I still frequent 9southvapes as well. Went to 250ml bottles of cereal killa, harvest has stayed in my rotation. I've never had anything bad from them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
after a few weeks of unflavoured, 1% net really pops

tempted to try DI's sanded coil trick, lasting coils is becoming important to me
Yep even plain ole micro and macro coils get less gummed up. I start with 170 grit if the wire is under 26ga. 400 otherwise. Then move to 800, 1500 and finish with 2500. That gets that nice mirror finish. Clean the coils excessively afterwards though. Seems like a lot of work but I Polish all my coils now. That same sanding rotation works good for other things too. Polished a black hannya and black stumpy down to a mirrored finish today.
1b3515d29558fdba134fe0aca619d601.jpg

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vgod is one I've moved to. Luscious is superb. Dewbie is good but no where near luscious. Both melon. Watermelon candy and honeydew respectively. Luscious reminds me of watermelon airheads. As it ages it leans more and more towards watermelon jolly rancher. Good stuff. They had 120ml bottles on sale a while back for $35. I stocked up. I still frequent 9southvapes as well. Went to 250ml bottles of cereal killa, harvest has stayed in my rotation. I've never had anything bad from them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Most of those look to be super sweet, fruity vapes. I haven't found a vape like that in a while that I like enough to spend $20 to try; except maybe the Dewbie. That sounds great and I like the name ;) Suicide Bunny Madrina is like that, and I have some Dewey Boba en route.

Just vaped some pistacchio ry4 from charlie noble for the first time in a while; I think it's better now that it's steeped a while.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Here I was thinking it has picked up. Has been fairly quiet

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What build do you have on that?

26ga kanthal, dual micro at .6ohms. I can take 4-5 puffs on a fresh battery, then it shut down due to "weak battery". If I put it back on the charger it will read 4.1v fir a sec & then back up to 4.2v.
I let it sit a couple hours after getting the alert, Irving same battery in there; when I turned it back on it read full charge, but then 1 more puff and back to empty.
I emailed them via the link you posted but no response yet.

Jimmy-B

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What diy brands did you buy? I wasn't getting very far til I found some of the recipes here, now I'm loving it. I have very picky buds and am not into most of the normal categories, 95% of what I like anymore is the desserts. And it's usually ones I didn't think I'd enjoy that end up being favorites

Hey Always... I am thinking I have picky buds too. I picked up the Flavor Art flavors and was following some of the HIC recipes that sounded good to me at the time. I tried a simple eggnog during the holidays...didn't taste like eggnog to me. Guessing I lean more towards the tobacco types, like SJ's Golden road and toasted RY4. I have some others that I am plugging through cuz I bought them. Can't complain I suppose, Approaching 2 years...well in April, so something is working.

Jimmy-B

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah.....there's your problem. Don't look at the coil....lol.....
My crown and ZEPHYRUS coils are months old and kicking. Total DIY grog, but no sweeteners, so maybe that's why I've had luck with them. I have a Kanger sub-tank that's over 6 months old and only on the second coil. Only changed the first one cuz I screwed up and looked at it...lol...

Sup j-B?

Hey Hawk...suppose you are right there...if I don't look at the coil I won't notice how grungy it appears and won't "have" to change it :) makes sense to me. Perhaps I will ignore the current coil in my crown and see what happens. From what I can tell everything still tastes fine... i just keep reloading and swapping batts.

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Take care.

Not sure how I'm getting the coils to last this long on the crown, but it definitely does not taste bad, at all. I'm using my own DIY mixes (clear to light amber in color w/ no sweetners)........I believe Hawkie is too......not sure if that matters or not.

ETA:.........I didn't realize that hawk had commented because I replied before reading the rest of the thread..........sorry about that.

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Morning, knucks!!!

Looks like we may only get 3-5" of snow now.........I guess Friday will get here soon enough and then I can give an exact total........lol Until then, the tissue box is located on my right hip because my sniffles are baddddddddddd. Long day with school, tutoring and then school board meeting. Hope you all have a better day than what is planned for me.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Always... I am thinking I have picky buds too. I picked up the Flavor Art flavors and was following some of the HIC recipes that sounded good to me at the time. I tried a simple eggnog during the holidays...didn't taste like eggnog to me. Guessing I lean more towards the tobacco types, like SJ's Golden road and toasted RY4. I have some others that I am plugging through cuz I bought them. Can't complain I suppose, Approaching 2 years...well in April, so something is working.
If you don't mind alcohol extracted flavorings, vaping zone has some great standalone or mix 1-2 flavors for tobaccos. Have you tried the Tribeca clone? Hmmm I have a few you'd probably like for recipes if you'd like I can pm them so I don't clog the thread. It took me quite a while to find something I actually enjoyed, but it was the same with store bought juices as well and this is cheaper to dump if I hate it lol. Just hate to see ya give up on saving money, but not everyone wants to diy and that's OK too

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning, knucks!!!

Looks like we may only get 3-5" of snow now.........I guess Friday will get here soon enough and then I can give an exact total........lol Until then, the tissue box is located on my right hip because my sniffles are baddddddddddd. Long day with school, tutoring and then school board meeting. Hope you all have a better day than what is planned for me.
Yep, they've adjusted us into the 12" to 18" range. That's enough to bring everything to a halt around here. Hella lot better than three feet though.
I can still see the fight with the boss coming Friday morning.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep, they've adjusted us into the 12" to 18" range. That's enough to bring everything to a halt around here. Hella lot better than three feet though.
I can still see the fight with the boss coming Friday morning.

I just blew off the 5" we got yesterday. Light and fluffy (like me) so it wasn't bad. Fingers crossed its the last one for the season...lol.
You better break out the high top crocs for that much snow.

VU Sponsors