Become a Patron!

Reuleaux RX 200.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
charging via USB from anything below 1/2 battery level is going to be an all day affair.

Granted, this might not be a good idea without alert dogs, working smoke detectors, the safety features built into the power supply and being a natural light sleeper, but I think I'll be alright doing it this way.

I wrote this in the other thread:

Ok. put the meter on the RX200, it is drawing just under 1 amp when charging. Divided by 3, for the number of batts, each batt is charging @ about 300 ma. This will give very good battery life, but take quite a while to charge.

I'm actually happier about this rate, as it is unlikely to stress the chip too much. Compare the size of a ciruit board in a intelligent external charger, and then the board in a typical mod, and the charger board dwarfes the mod board. The mod board has a lot more functions to accomplish than the charger board, so why are charger boards bigger? They are bigger because they need components capable of handeling hight current to achieve faster charge rates, and to do that, those components that run at higher current/temperatures need to be bigger, and thermal protection and heatsinking need to be design considerations. At lower current, not so much.

I will continue to USB charge the RX, overnight once in a while, using a 750 ma usb charger. that gives me about 25% headroom for the charger circuit. I think its fine with this mod, and the RX is the only mod I will USB charge so far.

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not going to weigh in on overnight USB charging. Do it however you want. My personal observations are that USB charging is slower than Christmas and the case is a bit warm during said charge. For me? I'm going to charge my batteries in a sled and take the time savings back. That's all. Not saying one way is correct over the other.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The RX also balance charges, each cell is charged seperatly, yet simultaneously, and the RX chip will indicate any imbalance. This is basially the same system that a laptop uses to charge its battery pack, which contains 6-8 18650 batts. Charging the batts externaly in a charger that delivers 1 amp per batt will be at least 3X faster though.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The RX also balance charges, each cell is charged seperatly, yet simultaneously, and the RX chip will indicate any imbalance. This is basially the same system that a laptop uses to charge its battery pack, which contains 6-8 18650 batts. Charging the batts externaly in a charger that delivers 1 amp per batt will be at least 3X faster though.
I posted this video someplace else, guy here claims something off with the rx balance charging. Not sure where it is in the video, but it might be worth a look.
I don't own one, just looking out bro.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I posted this video someplace else, guy here claims something off with the rx balance charging. Not sure where it is in the video, but it might be worth a look.
It's at 26:15. Start around 26:00 to be safe. That's just me quickly scanning it. I'll watch the whole thing when I have more time and update the post if needed.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit @24:18 the battery talk starts for the RX200

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd allready watched the vid, and that is why I put the meter on mine. I placed shims between the batts and the contacts so I could clip the meter leads on, and mine at least does balance charge, but only up to about 4.18 as opposed to 4.22 with my external charger. In the video, he didn't say what sort of power supply was delivering the juice to the USB cord, I found the device will only draw a max current of just under 1 amp charging, but needs more than 500 ma to charge properly. That is why I settled on my 750ma charger. it harges the batts within about .02 of each other, and I tested that with mis-matched batts as well, same result. the mods voltage readings, and the ones I get on the Fluke are virtually the same. The RX does get warm during charging, much less warm at 750ma. Not as warm though as my external charger, and the batts are cooler. I have a laser thermometer, so in the next few days I'll take some readings. I have been using mine since the morning, and the batts are reading 4.11 4.13 and 4.15.

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for that. I'll pay extra close attention going forward and run some tests myself. An ounce of prevention is worth something-something.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had a moment of weakness really early this a.m. and rolled the dough out on an RX200 and a TFV4 mini full kit. Please tell me I won't regret this. Lol

ROTFLMAO!!!! Me Too!!!! Only I bought a Uwell Crown in Black.
It looks SICK AS F**K!!!! And Vapes Like A Beast!

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
ROTFLMAO!!!! Me Too!!!! Only I bought a Uwell Crown in Black.
It looks SICK AS F**K!!!! And Vapes Like A Beast!

Look man, there is no need to sugar coat things here in this place. You are among friends.... Tell us what you really think!!

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Btw... Leave it to the dude I've never heard of in the video to crap on everyone's RX200 love fest with his report of "shitty wiring". I'm just gonna vape the hell out of mine until the damn thing blows up. It was $45. I'll buy another one.

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
thats ok...the reuleaux dna has the same shitty wiring...he only liked the wires to the 510 and the case ground for the sled...lol

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Btw... Leave it to the dude I've never heard of in the video to crap on everyone's RX200 love fest with his report of "shitty wiring". I'm just gonna vape the hell out of mine until the damn thing blows up. It was $45. I'll buy another one.

I paid a bit more to walk out at my local Vape Shop, I know they are less online, but my online trust level is almost nonexistent. As for the guy in the video, in the end we can all take our busted RX200s and stone his ass with them, because this thing is like a brick. I will keep it over carpet until I get use to the weight.

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's funny to me that people that maybe have been reviewing via video for a year or so find it necessary to take a new to market mod apart and then bitch about it. However, they don't take apart something that's been revered for years and poke it's shitty wiring. So really there's no point of reference except the here and now. I like the stoning idea. Er...AFTER we all make warranty claims of course.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
this thing is like a brick. I will keep it over carpet until I get use to the weight.

I make a point of vaping using alternate hands, so I don't end up looking like a fiddler crab.

fiddler-crab.jpg

NOLA_Willie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I purchased my black and white RX200
( they call it the Oreo Edition)
from vvpor.com.
They had it for $50.99. I received it in 3 days.
I've noticed they now list it for $79.99.
Don't know why it increased in price.
Maybe I caught a sale???

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I purchased my black and white RX200
( they call it the Oreo Edition)
from vvpor.com.
They had it for $50.99. I received it in 3 days.
I've noticed they now list it for $79.99.
Don't know why it increased in price.
Maybe I caught a sale???
Oreo edition
They should call it
LAPD edition, that COLOR combo is ugly, they just mix n match the covers that's all they did... AND it's not WISMEC OFFICIAL RELEASE, I believe ECIGCITY was selling it for 69.99...
LOL, are you kidding me!!!

VAPE ON

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are u sure about this??

VAPE ON
I'm sure a new firmware has been released. Since I don't have the mod I'm really not sure what has been changed. However, this was posted on another forum I frequent:
Dear WISMEC Customers:

Wismec launches the upgraded firmware 1.08 version. In this version, the font has been changed which can make the users view all parameters in a more concise and clear way.

Click http:www.wismec.com/product/reuleaux-rx200/ to get more information about the upgrading.

WISMEC Marketing Team
December 24th, 2015

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The website doesn't give any info about this upgrade...I'm sure people users will start talking about this

VAPE ON

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Downloaded the upgrade, but it will only let me keep 1.07. It's either user error or the download is buggy...

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Fuck it, how bad could it be..? I'm sure they're just gonna keep making it better and better...off to find my usb cable....

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I bet it changes it from the Chinese lookin font and makes it more " American" looking....

Last edited:

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, it worked...I made sure all other previous 1.07 stuff was deleted from my computer first. Not sure I can tell any difference though.

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I found a site that sells replacement glass of all colors for the Crown tank, but I can't remember it...dam

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, it's a small and cheap thing but to me it just takes a tank over the top. Blue, smoked, pink for the ladies, whatever, but it's different than most others you will see on the street or hanging at your local vape store.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found a site that sells replacement glass of all colors for the Crown tank, but I can't remember it...dam
FastTech has an 8 pack and 5 pack, each with assorted colors. I haven't used them, I just saw it on their site.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Moreover, the upgradeable firmware will make you keep up with the vaping evolution. lol

What is quite nice about the Wisemec firmware tool, is the option to downgrade easily, if the new update is crap. Just updated. Have I evolved?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No update needed.....
My two vape awesome straight outa the mail... don't need to update as I don't use TC at all. To me temperature control is overrated big time, I love my mods as is, they keep me tobacco free, and of course, that's why I started vaping in the first place.. not putting down other folks who might like TC, I'm saying I'm just not one of them, :)
1c67724134208d8ce26e2ec20ee2188c.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, the mini with SS triton coils. Great taste and you don't have to run them at 100w+ sucking more power. Tobeco coils suck but the SS tritons in TC rock.

@Wingsfan0310 that's like having more than 1 pair of sneakers to go out in. High fashion :D

Doing the upgrade later today, hope they got rid of that slight lag to fire.
looks good on the black RX

VAPE ON

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
just updated the 1.07 to 1,08....might be me but display seems brighter and firing delay is gone...cheers

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That rocks, I emailed them about the delay when we were discussing it in this thread last week. To me the biggest sin for a mod is a delay to fire.
Not sure if they listened or if the delay elimination was coming already, would be cool if they actually listen to the users.

Either way, glad to hear the delay is dead :)

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
To me the biggest sin for a mod is a delay to fire.

On any mod where the fire button controls other parameters, there has to be some delay. I found no difference in firing after the update. If it fired any faster, I'd be sending Morse Code smoke signals when I went to change mode, ot lock the mod.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hahaha, you guys will be annoyed by the KOOPOR DELAY 0.02 seconds

VAPE ON

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
350j chip fires instantly, using the fire button to select functions besides fire is not the issue.

It's not the end of the world. Most mods out there will have at least one thing that is not exactly as you want. This is still a kick ass product at a bitchin price :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors