Become a Patron!

Rip Tripers Snake Oil Salesman ? 75.4% Say Yes .

Is Rip Tripper a Snake Oil Salesman and/or a Bum ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you think that reviewers arent getting something for their reviews and yet somehow still boast about garbage products then something is very wrong with how you look at things. How can you highly recommend something that everyone already knows is crap...

Guy makes a good point though, Rip pointed out that these were health problems of his...not everyone has the same problems and him making the video like he did makes vaping look bad.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
He just gave the FDA and congress a giftwrapped weapon to use against us.
Such and asshole. I hope they paid him well for that craptastic infomercial.

I can hear it now
"'this is a major spokesperson for the vape community stating that vaping gave him side effects''
Mother fucker, even an 8 year old could see that logic

Last edited:

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it is important that if long-time vapers are experiencing side-effects, they are able to speak up without fearing a backlash from the vaping community. Anything that helps bring us closer to solidifying a better understanding of what vaping does to our bodies is good.

However, I do think that as someone who's voice has so much reach... ...someone who's statements effect people's attitudes towards vaping, it is his responsibility to practice due diligence in getting his information right and making sure that his claims are rooted in fact. He failed to do that here... ...perhaps in the worst possible way.

I think he's dead wrong about these "vaping-related" problems. He has a thyroid problem and probably some nutrient deficiencies that whatever is in that stuff he's taking is correcting. I can speak a little to what he's gone through. I have the opposite of what he has, hyperthyroidism. Sometimes, our thyroids work like they're supposed to, while other times, they just don't. It's generally caused by inflammation, the amount of which depends on a lot of things happening in your body and what the main sources of it are. Sometimes, I'm fine for months, and then all of the sudden my hormones spike. Other times, they dip, and I experience what he described. It's a thing.

And it's very manageable, but you have to be on top of it with the treatment. When the treatment you're receiving doesn't work, irreversible damage is done. And guess what? The symptoms come back harder!

He should really talk to his doctor about what's going on there. There are many different treatments for his problem. If you're taking a medicine for a condition you have and it's working until one day, when it stops working, would your first thought not be to inform your doctor? He has a serious condition fer chrissake! Jesus man! This is more than likely something that your doctor can help you straighten out! If it is his thyroid, then it's better nower than later, before more permanent damage is done. If not, then its probably something even more preventable.

I'm just not seeing the connection to vaping or how this stuff negates it, even within his own arguments.

So yeah, its hokey and full of shit... ...not to mention foolish. But maybe he genuinely does believe what he's saying and just doesn't understand his health problems as well as he thinks he does. He sounds like he's just been tossing darts until something worked, which any doctor will tell you is not exactly the wisest approach to managing your health and well-being.

Also, electrolytes... ...really? That gave me a good chuckle. Anybody remember the movie Idiocracy?

On the flipside, I think people overstate the importance of what one vape reviewer does. I notice a lot of smaller guys taking the piss, as well as his peers, who compete with him for views. This has become the thing to do. I personally don't care about anything the guy says or does. I trust people to mostly take it for what it is. And judging by the massive negative response within the community, they have, for the most part.

I don't watch reviews but I would honestly be more surprised if none of these reviewers were full of shit. Think about what these people are doing to make money. They genuinely enjoy reviewing these products and work hard to produce quality reviews. I would question any reviewer who didn't take the money/free stuff in exchange for a positive review. You would be stupid not to.

They say they're not in it for the money and I'm willing to believe that's the case for many.

But the fact of the matter is that if you want to spend all of this time and energy reviewing stuff (even out of a genuine desire to help inform people about certain products,) the real life implications involved in pulling it off are going to be major obstacles to your success. You are going to have to find a way to sustain yourself on it. Researching, writing, shooting, and especially editing a single review takes time and a good chunk of work. I think it's actually kind of shitty to say they don't deserve compensation. I understand it can be a conflict of interest, but the bottom line is that the reviews themselves are products that reviewers provide for free. They put work into providing a valuable service with some entertainment on the side.

All that aside, I seem to be in the minority of people who don't see any real significance to any of this. I think it will blow over like all of this other youtube drama bullshit has in the past. The only people who watch vape reviews are vapers. The only thing I see this hurting is rip's credibility...

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think it is important that if long-time vapers are experiencing side-effects, they are able to speak up without fearing a backlash from the vaping community. Anything that helps bring us closer to solidifying a better understanding of what vaping does to our bodies is good.

I'll IM you a link, and I'll be curious as to what you think after reading it.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Electrolytes, that's the whole cause of this vape drama. Rip Traitor needs more electrolytes!
I need a bigger mod, that's what I got out of all this
tumblr_nz0tihPNVP1rqf6tdo1_250_zpsnesyo0ta.png

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

However, I do think that as someone who's voice has so much reach... ...someone who's statements effect people's attitudes towards vaping, it is his responsibility to practice due diligence in getting his information right and making sure that his claims are rooted in fact. He failed to do that here... ...perhaps in the worst possible way.

I think he's dead wrong about these "vaping-related" problems. He has a thyroid problem and probably some nutrient deficiencies that whatever is in that stuff he's taking is correcting. I can speak a little to what he's gone through. I have the opposite of what he has, hyperthyroidism. Sometimes, our thyroids work like they're supposed to, while other times, they just don't. It's generally caused by inflammation, the amount of which depends on a lot of things happening in your body and what the main sources of it are. Sometimes, I'm fine for months, and then all of the sudden my hormones spike. Other times, they dip, and I experience what he described. It's a thing.

And it's very manageable, but you have to be on top of it with the treatment. When the treatment you're receiving doesn't work, irreversible damage is done. And guess what? The symptoms come back harder!

He should really talk to his doctor about what's going on there. There are many different treatments for his problem. If you're taking a medicine for a condition you have and it's working until one day, when it stops working, would your first thought not be to inform your doctor? He has a serious condition fer chrissake! Jesus man! This is more than likely something that your doctor can help you straighten out! If it is his thyroid, then it's better nower than later, before more permanent damage is done. If not, then its probably something even more preventable.

I'm just not seeing the connection to vaping or how this stuff negates it, even within his own arguments.

So yeah, its hokey and full of shit... ...not to mention foolish. But maybe he genuinely does believe what he's saying and just doesn't understand his health problems as well as he thinks he does. He sounds like he's just been tossing darts until something worked, which any doctor will tell you is not exactly the wisest approach to managing your health and well-being.

Also, electrolytes... ...really? That gave me a good chuckle. Anybody remember the movie Idiocracy?

On the flipside, I think people overstate the importance of what one vape reviewer does. I notice a lot of smaller guys taking the piss, as well as his peers, who compete with him for views. This has become the thing to do. I personally don't care about anything the guy says or does. I trust people to mostly take it for what it is. And judging by the massive negative response within they community, the have, for the most part.

I don't watch reviews but I would be honestly be more surprised if none of these reviewers were full of shit. Think about what these people are doing to make money. They genuinely enjoy reviewing these products and work hard to produce quality reviews. I would find any reviewer who didn't take the money/free stuff in exchange for a positive review. You would be stupid not to.

They say they're not in it for the money and I'm willing to believe that's the case for many.

But the fact of the matter is that if you want to spend all of this time and energy reviewing stuff (even out of a genuine desire to help inform people about certain products,) the real life implications involved in pulling it off are going to be major obstacles to your success. You are going to have to find a way to sustain yourself on it. Researching, writing, shooting, and especially editing a single review takes time and a good chunk of work. I think it's actually kind of shitty to say they don't deserve compensation. I understand it can be a conflict of interest, but the bottom line is that the reviews themselves are products that reviewers provide for free. They put work into providing a valuable service with some entertainment on the side.

All that aside, I seem to be in the minority of people who don't see any real significance to any of this. I think it will blow over like all of this other youtube drama bullshit has in the past. The only people who watch vape reviews are vapers. The only thing I see this hurting is rip's credibility...
Robot you know hes just using his side effects to make the advertisement of those mixes hes using...Its not because he wants people to know that he has issues, its just something he used as an excuse to go out and get it. He could of done it very differently and kept his vaping rep, but he used the wort thing he could choose to advertise with.
He has health issues, he mentioned them before with his "Vaping saved my life" video, and now he is using those same health issues as an excuse to sell a product...these symptoms and problems are exclusive to him and others who have the same issues and anything that affects those issues can cause them to become worse, using vaping as the reason why he has his flares just to sell some products is not a great way to keep vaping in a positive light.

He has reached a new low and I hope most are catching on that he is going to light the fire for the stakes that vaping sits on if he keeps shit like this up. Hopefully it doesnt get worse but from what Ive seen once he gets some views for showing an act he dives headfirst into the role.

To also shut down his points on using this product to "clear out" the things that vaping leaves behind and makes him out of whack...There is something called homeostasis, our own bodies fix and correct themselves by changing chemicals and increasing/reducing amounts of them, also physical changes are made. If our bodies didnt do this then almost everyone would of died shortly after we were in existence. That drink mix will not help r change anything at all that our bodies arent doing on there own and if it did change anything then your body would correct it shortly afterwards. The balance is always met and it doesnt need anything else to contribute with helping.

I for one do not care if they make money off reviews, its saying they dont when they are that bugs me. More power to them for getting paid for doing what they like, as long as they are honest and open about it then it shouldnt matter. However, making videos that make things shine when they are halfass products is also unkosher and this may also cause problems with payment/exchanges later on while keeping your reputation.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll IM you a link, and I'll be curious as to what you think after reading it.
Not a whole lot. Please understand, I'm all for taking any such claims with scrutiny. I just think it's silly to attack someone for saying something negative about vaping on the principle of it making vaping look bad. I say that if you have doubts about the validity of their claims, then put them on the table and leave people to draw their own conclusions. I think that's a more productive way to approach incredulous statements like theirs and rips.

It also helps to just, yanno, see a doctor when things start getting weird... ...if only to rule out the more known causes for whatever problem you're having before looking at vaping as a potential cause. It's very strange to me that people think doctors are going to bombard them with treatment for every little thing. 90% of the time, they will simply tell you to change specific lifestyle habits or pick up something over the counter from the local drugstore.

I think that in the case you linked me to, a quick trip to the doctor would have confirmed that they were allergic to PG. Or maybe it could be neurological or circulatory in nature, as commenters suggested. The connection to their contact with eliquid was tenuous. The possibility of a simple casual connection can't be ruled out, so you have to question it. Not to mention they lost me when they started talking about electricity doing things that are physically impossible.

Last edited:

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Robot you know hes just using his side effects to make the advertisement of those mixes hes using...Its not because he wants people to know that he has issues, its just something he used as an excuse to go out and get it. He could of done it very differently and kept his vaping rep, but he used the wort thing he could choose to advertise with.
He has health issues, he mentioned them before with his "Vaping saved my life" video, and now he is using those same health issues as an excuse to sell a product...these symptoms and problems are exclusive to him and others who have the same issues and anything that affects those issues can cause them to become worse, using vaping as the reason why he has his flares just to sell some products is not a great way to keep vaping in a positive light.

He has reached a new low and I hope most are catching on that he is going to light the fire for the stakes that vaping sits on if he keeps shit like this up. Hopefully it doesnt get worse but from what Ive seen once he gets some views for showing an act he dives headfirst into the role.

To also shut down his points on using this product to "clear out" the things that vaping leaves behind and makes him out of whack...There is something called homeostasis, our own bodies fix and correct themselves by changing chemicals and increasing/reducing amounts of them, also physical changes are made. If our bodies didnt do this then almost everyone would of died shortly after we were in existence. That drink mix will not help r change anything at all that our bodies arent doing on there own and if it did change anything then your body would correct it shortly afterwards. The balance is always met and it doesnt need anything else to contribute with helping.

I for one do not care if they make money off reviews, its saying they dont when they are that bugs me. More power to them for getting paid for doing what they like, as long as they are honest and open about it then it shouldnt matter. However, making videos that make things shine when they are halfass products is also unkosher and this may also cause problems with payment/exchanges later on while keeping your reputation.
Yeah, that makes sense.

I guess I give him the BFOD because I don't follow this stuff closely enough to notice his habits. I can definitely see why the reaction is so negative, lol.

I do still think people give him to much credit. This kind of stuff always gets way overblown. He's a youtube reviewer.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There's a certain level of stupidity that I'm used to in health claims. His video goes way beyond that level of stupid.

But this is another goof from him right? He can't be serious. We'll never know, because if/when the blowback gets too intense, he'll just say it was a joke anyway.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, that makes sense.

I guess I give him the BFOD because I don't follow this stuff closely enough to notice his habits. I can definitely see why the reaction is so negative, lol.

I do still think people give him to much credit. This kind of stuff always gets way overblown. He's a youtube reviewer.

To you and some others he is just a youtube reviewer; but, perception is reality.
I never liked his reviews anyway, I didn't like many peoples reviews. I think to much stock is put into what person 'x' says.
But look at his sub numbers, videos, and business entities he is involved with.

Whether we like it or not, his word could carry weight in an argument against us as a whole; and there is the statement right up there^^^

To make it worse, those subs and sales number are why his word would have weight. He may be just a reviewer, but he just tucked the community that created him.

For the record I think they should make money from reviews, I just bought a new computer to edit video from my quadcopter. The computer alone was a grand; and, that's just for a hobby.
The time it takes to edit, compile, and render video is substantial.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To you and some others he is just a youtube reviewer; but, perception is reality.
I never liked his reviews anyway, I didn't like many peoples reviews. I think to much stock is put into what person 'x' says.

Whether we like it or not, his word could carry weight in an argument against us as a whole; and there is the statement right up there^^^

To make it worse, those subs and sales number are why his word would have weight. He may be just a reviewer, but he just tucked the community that created him.
Do people actually listen the reviewers? I just check them out to see a more in depth view of the device.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yep, and how much weight will his words carry with his credibility being so tarnished? He'll be known as that guy who is full of shit. Nobody will want to associate with him. Fewer people will take him seriously for this.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Do people actually listen the reviewers? I just check them out to see a more in depth view of the device.

That wasn't my point. I don't... but someone who wants to use nis word against us will see the following:
Sub count
View count
Time he has been active

That alone would be enough for someone to say " look at how active this guy is and after 5 years, he is showing these symptoms..

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Deucesjack
Probably wouldn't be a good idea to post that link/video here.

Go to You Tube. Do a search for "Rip Trippers." It's the first video on his channel.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That wasn't my point. I don't... but someone who wants to use nis word against us will see the following:
Sub count
View count
Time he has been active

That alone would be enough for someone to say " look at how active this guy is and after 5 years, he is showing these symptoms..
Alright, I can understand that. I can see that meaning something for cultural perception, at least. I still don't see it being of particular significance in real, game-changing debates. It's more drama-fuel for people who know of him than anything else. I don't think subs and views hold much water in a sociopolitical sphere. Could you imagine?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Anyone have a link to said video.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Its o youtube and a search can find it easily, posting it wont make a bit of difference as the damage has already been done. You can see the initial reaction to the video by checking out the likes/dislikes on it...It seems like a landslide.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Alright, I can understand that. I can see that meaning something for cultural perception, at least. I still don't see it being of particular significance in real, game-changing debates. It's more drama-fuel for people who know of him than anything else. I don't think subs and views hold much water in a sociopolitical sphere. Could you imagine?
Again... not my point

My point is antivaping legislators and activists see those things and because of the 'perception' of who is with the aforementioned numbers, that we have established make him perceived to be a spokesperson, can now say: this guy is a major cultural icon for them, or major player in their culture, and he is now having -x,y Nd z it kit be stopped.

I don't give a monkeys testicle about the drama, or anything else, other than making sure that people in the future have access to all the things that helped us. this asshole here, could give a shit less

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ha. Didn't notice the dislikes at first. Almost 3/4 negative.

ECF doesn't have a thread from what I can tell. The conspiracy-theory part of me thinks the mods remove them.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dangit, and I backed that horse when it seemed the majority of his exposure was getting negative attention, too. I'm not sure how actually 'bad' it's going to be for the vaping industry and community - but it certainly doesn't ring very positively for his standing in that community.

I get wanting to make money and sling a different, or another product to your established viewer base. I do, I get that.

But to throw your base under the bus for the sake of the new product is bohonkey. To attribute disconnected health problems to the industry and community for the sake of your new product... dangit, Rip, I tried man. I tried to give off the benefit of the doubt and go with the flow. Big deal, just a reviewer and it's all subjective and blah blah blah.

Dangit, Rip.

You know who I hate in life? (sorry for ranting) - I hate thieves. People that steal from me. I hate people that harm kids and animals. And I hate people that prove me wrong when I back them up. Ugh.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know man. I'm really not seeing what the big deal is here. The guys talking about his personal experience with vaping. I have no problem with that. I have a way bigger problem with vapers trying to shut down anyone that does not agree with them. He's passing on information and knowledge that helped him get a better vaping experience. How can that be bad? I am so sick of all these vapers running around telling people how to vape, how to market, how to mix, how to manufacture, and generally just how to do anything when vaping is concerned. They always hide behind the big fear of regulation. What these people fail to realize is that regulation is coming no matter what you do. It's not coming to protect intellectual property, or to save you from yourself, or to protect the children. It's coming because of money, plain and simple. The government wants to control the industry so they can raise money through taxes. If you really are against regulation then put your vote where it counts. Start voting for representatives that are for small government.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I saw Twisted's video first, now I understand it.

A huge fucking sell out. I thought he was a CASAA advocate, wonder if they cut ties with him?
I an only remember one time where he even meant Casaa in his vids from the last 2 years, it was a video explaining vaping may be banned soon and thats it. He doesnt advocate, he doesnt go to meets or anything and he is a seperate hermit in the community.

VU Sponsors