Become a Patron!

Rip Tripers Snake Oil Salesman ? 75.4% Say Yes .

Is Rip Tripper a Snake Oil Salesman and/or a Bum ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wonder if he's thinking of quitting vaping
If he were a regular guy like you or I, I could give two shots. the fact that he has the platform that he has, and is regarded as the voice he Is; and, we are already under the microscope, changes everything. people in that position should be much more careful.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I an only remember one time where he even meant Casaa in his vids from the last 2 years, it was a video explaining vaping may be banned soon and thats it. He doesnt advocate, he doesnt go to meets or anything and he is a seperate hermit in the community.

Damn, maybe it was Grimm that was always calling for action with CASAA, I rarely watch the YT reviews of Rip unless he is literally the only video, Sometimes I even labor through the ones in other languages to avoid his LMAO.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
People that dont see the video as bad arent seeing it from eyes that could potentially use this as ammunition against the community. This video is essentially a reason vaping is bad, RIP says "it has negative side effects" that are described similar to opiate withdrawals....thats what Rip is describing with his "Symptoms"...I found it laughable how bad his symptoms were and they got worse and worse even when he used things that fixed it.

Picture this...This mega youtube legend is flaunting on youtube these symptoms that vaping has made him have since he started 5 years ago. The symptoms sound much like a ****** withdrawal and easily could be made as such claims by others. These are symptoms YOU WILL HAVE IF YOU START VAPING.
Is it clicking yet?

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If he were a regular guy like you or I, I could give two shots. the fact that he has the platform that he has, and is regarded as the voice he Is; and, we are already under the microscope, changes everything. people in that position should be much more careful.

Yeah man, I understand that fully, and whole heartedly agree.

I just mean I wonder if he knows he is soon bowing out of the industry, or has already quit vaping personally and just does the reviews for pocket change.
He could have been thinking this was a way to make some quick cash with his "Community Figurehead" standing before disappearing in a cloud of... um Ultima Powder?

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Again... not my point

My point is antivaping legislators and activists see those things and because of the 'perception' of who is with the aforementioned numbers, that we have established make him perceived to be a spokesperson, can now say: this guy is a major cultural icon for them, or major player in their culture, and he is now having -x,y Nd z it kit be stopped.
I hear you, but at the rate he's going, he won't give off that perception for much longer... ...people want him to really burn for this one. I'd say he's already removed himself of that iconic status and stepped fully into the realm of the notorious at this point.

And besides, at the end of the day, anti-vaping people can say what they want. Doesn't mean that people will believe them, let alone take them seriously, or even care enough about vaping to form an opinion on it. We're talking about people who can turn anything into an argument against vaping. They don't need rip to make their case for them, nor does he make it for them any better than they do themselves.

I just think it's jumping the gun a bit to assume that there will be any real consequences to this. I understand the possibilities you're underlining. I just think that the whole argument goes so far beyond what rip says or what people think of what rip says as to be a tiny speck of paint on a gigantic mural.

To me, it's just a case of, "Oh, well that guy really is an asshole! Fuck him!" and then its back to business. It's more a matter of principle for us as vapers than it is a point of risk. We welcomed and trusted him. We supported him and helped him make a name for himself. He then turned around and said some very disingenuous things that we do not condone or agree with. It's not going to be the thing that changes the nature of the discussion our society and legislators are having right now. All it changes is the way people invested in the cause see rip, himself.

He's clearly not with us, but it's hard to see him as a true adversary to vaping itself. He's just a bad egg in our dozen to me. Hardly worth the attention.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I hear you, but at the rate he's going, he won't give off that perception for much longer... ...people want him to really burn for this one. I'd say he's already removed himself of that iconic status and stepped fully into the realm of the notorious at this point.

And besides, at the end of the day, anti-vaping people can say what they want. Doesn't mean that people will believe them, let alone take them seriously, or even care enough about vaping to form an opinion on it. We're talking about people who can turn anything into an argument against vaping. They don't need rip to make their case for them, nor does he make it for them any better than they do themselves.

I just think it's jumping the gun a bit to assume that there will be any real consequences to this. I understand the possibilities you're underlining. I just think that the whole argument goes so far beyond what rip says or what people think of what rip says as to be a tiny speck of paint on a gigantic mural.

To me, it's just a case of, "Oh, well that guy really is an asshole! Fuck him!" and then its back to business. It's more a matter of principle for us as vapers than it is a point of risk. We welcomed and trusted him. We supported him and helped him make a name for himself. He then turned around and said some very disingenuous things that we do not condone or agree with. It's not going to be the thing that changes the nature of the discussion our society and legislators are having right now. All it changes is the way people invested in the cause see rip, himself.

He's clearly not with us, but it's hard to see him as a true adversary to vaping itself. He's just a bad egg in our dozen to me. Hardly worth the attention.
I would agree if I wasnt also in the fight against Gun Laws...what people have heard and said and what others do is the reason why they are slowly winning...We all thought it would blow over but they are still stronger then ever and slowly getting what they want.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just saw it as a guy hawking an electrolyte drink.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Your not against vaping and not looking for reasons to promote it as a negative thing, this may be your reason. "The blind will not see if they are listening to whats going on..."

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Video has 4200 down votes and 1500 up votes . What I need to know is who are the 1500 ?

100 U.S. senators
435 U.S. reps
50 state governors
1 CEO of that stupid electrolyte powder company

Crap. Even that doesn't add up to 1,500.

BTW, I used to run a lot. There were three-hour sessions in there, and helped quite a few people with heat stroke. I'd appreciate someone else coming on here and agreeing with me that for the normal human, electrolytes are worthless. I'd find actual medical articles, but I'm too lazy.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not blind, just a realist. You are not going to stop regulation. The government already has vaping in its sights. Its a slow, slow process but they are not letting go. Nothing you, I or Rip does is going to stop that.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would agree if I wasnt also in the fight against Gun Laws...what people have heard and said and what others do is the reason why they are slowly winning...We all thought it would blow over but they are still stronger then ever and slowly getting what they want.
Aside from pertaining to personal liberties, the natures of the two points of contention are completely different.

That aside, if that's what does us in, then it was inevitable to begin with. What are we supposed to do to stop these people? People will choose to believe whatever most suits their ideals. Changing the ideals of a majority is a tall order. You can lead a horse to water...

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just saw it as a guy hawking an electrolyte drink.

Yeah. But I want to know what all that other crap was.
A normal vaper wanting to pimp a beverage says "Hey, vaping makes me thirsty, and I'm gullible enough to think I need electrolytes."
But all that about his thyroid and whatever else?

[Oh wait, I forgot my stance is that he's messing with people.]

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
100 U.S. senators
435 U.S. reps
50 state governors
1 CEO of that stupid electrolyte powder company

Crap. Even that doesn't add up to 1,500.

BTW, I used to run a lot. There were three-hour sessions in there, and helped quite a few people with heat stroke. I'd appreciate someone else coming on here and agreeing with me that for the normal human, electrolytes are worthless. I'd find actual medical articles, but I'm too lazy.

Un-needed unless working out or exercising at a peak performance for extended periods apparently.

Not very scientific, but:
http://www.theactivetimes.com/do-you-need-replenish-electrolytes-after-exercise

Basically he would get the same benefits from a snack that contained salt and sugar.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That wasn't my point. I don't... but someone who wants to use nis word against us will see the following:
Sub count
View count
Time he has been active

That alone would be enough for someone to say " look at how active this guy is and after 5 years, he is showing these symptoms..
I wasn't as much commenting on what you said as using it as a stepping stone to my comment. I simply feel people place far too much faith in these common blokes who film themselves and devices. They aren't scientists, they don't know shit really. They're just guys who've taken the time to sit infront of a camera and post it to youtube. I think you're right that people associate the popularity they've gained through that act with some form of knowledge but it's not a given truth (they could be quite well informed about it, but nothing they've done has guaranteed that).

These Youtube reviewers shouldn't have any "credibility", they're just mouthpieces. You think of guys like say a Mooch, they have credibility, they've taken the time to scientifically test their claims and provide all the needed evidence for them. These youtube reviewers simply talk about stuff. And, again while I think you're right that there's a good chance that his popularity is used as some sort of evidence to back anti-vaping bullshit, I find it laughable

You first learn the scientific method in I think 3rd grade, and you spend the next 9 years (or more) going over and over and over it. It's be nice if people respected it. It's a pretty well thought out plan. Form your hypothesis. Devise a test. Run the test, and make sure your results are repeatable (eliminate variables), and then share. Really really simple.

I'll say it one more time, I think you're right, but god damn it's sad. You'd hope that people in power would understand and respect something learned in the 3rd grade.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah. But I want to know what all that other crap was.
A normal vaper wanting to pimp a beverage says "Hey, vaping makes me thirsty, and I'm gullible enough to think I need electrolytes."
But all that about his thyroid and whatever else?

[Oh wait, I forgot my stance is that he's messing with people.]
He did another video like 2 years ago complaining about vaping and his thyroid. So I guess it's just part of his story.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
He's only been at it 5 years. Shit i been vaping longer than him and im not experiencing anything. Keep in mind for the better part of 3 years ive been blowing major clouds, i dont do that tootle puffer shit. Not since i got better gear anyway. Point is i think his shit is due to being a lazy ass... ever seen his hands? He has bitch hands. His arms look like they aint got much fiber in em. What he needs to do is more physical activity cause being a lazy ass will kill you.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wasn't as much commenting on what you said as using it as a stepping stone to my comment. I simply feel people place far too much faith in these common blokes who film themselves and devices. They aren't scientists, they don't know shit really. They're just guys who've taken the time to sit infront of a camera and post it to youtube. I think you're right that people associate the popularity they've gained through that act with some form of knowledge but it's not a given truth (they could be quite well informed about it, but nothing they've done has guaranteed that).

These Youtube reviewers shouldn't have any "credibility", they're just mouthpieces. You think of guys like say a Mooch, they have credibility, they've taken the time to scientifically test their claims and provide all the needed evidence for them. These youtube reviewers simply talk about stuff. And, again while I think you're right that there's a good chance that his popularity is used as some sort of evidence to back anti-vaping bullshit, I find it laughable

You first learn the scientific method in I think 3rd grade, and you spend the next 9 years (or more) going over and over and over it. It's be nice if people respected it. It's a pretty well thought out plan. Form your hypothesis. Devise a test. Run the test, and make sure your results are repeatable (eliminate variables), and then share. Really really simple.

I'll say it one more time, I think you're right, but god damn it's sad. You'd hope that people in power would understand and respect something learned in the 3rd grade.

Its all about emotions and feelings now man, there's no room for logic anymore lol. Fuckin sad.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Politics and the scientific method are mutually incompatible. One method requires a hypothesis and experiments/testing to prove/disprove the hypothesis. The other requires only creating a problem so those in power can create a remedy for it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

That's it right there.
What we think is not an issue. if it were you, me or 'that guy,' I wouldn't care. We are faceless avatars on a forum. We are all family because we want to be. no one outside of here knows who, robot zombie, f1r3b1rd, or zamazam is.

But, to people upside of us, and people who want to stop vaping, the names of busardo, rip, twisted and some of the others are known. whether anyone likes it or not, they assumed a role, and with it comes a certain degree of being careful as to how what they say on tape can be used.

Just my opinion of course

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Politics and the scientific method are mutually incompatible. One method requires a hypothesis and experiments/testing to prove/disprove the hypothesis. The other requires only creating a problem so those in power can create a remedy for it.
You and I both know you're right. I just want to know when we can start that whole Brave New World stuff so I can get that sweet sweet Soma.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's only been at it 5 years. Shit i been vaping longer than him and im not experiencing anything. Keep in mind for the better part of 3 years ive been blowing major clouds, i dont do that tootle puffer shit. Not since i got better gear anyway. Point is i think his shit is due to being a lazy ass... ever seen his hands? He has bitch hands. His arms look like they aint got much fiber in em. What he needs to do is more physical activity cause being a lazy ass will kill you.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Bahaha, he DOES have bitch hands!

But, to people upside of us, and people who want to stop vaping, the names of busardo, rip, twisted and some of the others are known. whether anyone likes it or not, they assumed a role, and with it comes a certain degree of being careful as to how what they say on tape can be used.
I agree with you on that. I mentioned in my first post that they have a responsibility to the rest of us to watch what they say.

I think all that we can do at the end of the day is hold them accountable. People are making one hell of an example out of him right now. I think the problem has already been contained, for now. Asshole identified, crisis averted. That's all I've been trying to get at here. The playing field doesn't change because one prominent figure potentially made us look bad. It just means that we as a community now have to keep these people more in check as a means of damage control.

If anything has been made clear in light of this, it's that vapers in the public eye need to hold themselves to a higher standard. No doubt there's a part in all of them that's thinking "Glad it's not me." One rip trippers is small-time. 10 or 20 of them and maybe I'll start getting nervous.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I agree, but we are talking about the same geniuses that, that racked up how much debt?

I should have given up something other than beer for lent

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
brawndo_the_thirst_mutilator_wallpaper_1440x900_by_tehdawgz-d63hkn7.png

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What if it's true?... Have any of you well meaning, rope wielding, conspiracy theorists considered that? :)
[/troll]
I'd be willing to maybe consider it was true but for one thing....he blames vaping, so he increases his water intake and starts taking vitamins. Then his "symptoms" come back. He starts going to a sauna, but then they come back again. He starts taking his "magic powder" and he's good. Did he ever actually quit vaping to see if that made him "snap back"? If he was so sure it was vaping, he would have stopped doing it to see if that was the problem, don't you think? His powder may be the remedy for something going on in his girly body, but never once did he say he stopped vaping to determine if that indeed was the problem.
I haven't eaten red meat in nine years because it gives me an excruciating belly ache. But I guess I'll eat it anyway since I can blame vaping.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'd be willing to maybe consider it was true but for one thing....he blames vaping, so he increases his water intake and starts taking vitamins. Then his "symptoms" come back. He starts going to a sauna, but then they come back again. He starts taking his "magic powder" and he's good. Did he ever actually quit vaping to see if that made him "snap back"? If he was so sure it was vaping, he would have stopped doing it to see if that was the problem, don't you think? His powder may be the remedy for something going on in his girly body, but never once did he say he stopped vaping to determine if that indeed was the problem.
I haven't eaten red meat in nine years because it gives me an excruciating belly ache. But I guess I'll eat it anyway since I can blame vaping.
That's crazy talk.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't understand. I can see he's whoring endorsing that product. But what about the vid would benefit BT?

a big vaping spokesperson telling people it has side effects?
That would be like Wilfred Brimley saying his pin prick machine that he uses for diabetes gave him a blood disease

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Amazing that someone with this amount of experience and public following in vaping is blaming vaping without any medical evidence.

I think he sold his soul to the devil:eek:
It really is amazing. No matter how you look at it, it is a huge misstep for him and his business's public image.

That reminds me... ...I know he's got his hands in several little ventures. I wonder if maybe someone he was working with or someone close to them advised him to do this and he got a little in over his head... ...just a little to big for his britches. He saw an option he hadn't seen before and went for it out of the hubris developed from doing well in his business endeavors - just wanted to make that "next move."

It's sort of like how a lawyer can advise you what you do about this and that when it comes to the beneficial legal advances you can make for your company, but that doesn't mean the options they present to you aren't currently very bad choices for your company in other ways. Maybe he listened to his accountant instead of his PR adviser. Coulda been an expert-assisted oversight.

The real question burning in my mind is why he thought vapers would relate to his bizarre anecdote. He had to have been thinking "Hey! You're a vaper! Has this ever happened to you?" would get the attention of some people who could relate and would thus be interested in the product. That's the only way I can figure that he would have thought marketing these hokey health products to vapers could ever work. What would the intended reaction be if not that?

I'm just trying to wrap my head around how he was convinced that it would work. What was his thought process? Did he just not care what people thought because he was getting paid to pitch the product? Conceivably, yes... ...but that's not a decision you'd think someone like him, who's worked to build a following, been in the game for so long, and had to do damage control before, would take so lightly. He already had an approach that worked, so why would he take that risk unless he either genuinely believed it or was THAT desperate? Neither seem likely. He probably makes much more money than other vaping youtubers and he has other ways of making money. Why pick up the hard sell? It's hard to believe that anybody, including him would believe the shit he was espousing, but that's why I wonder if the duper got duped on this one.

I don't get it. Is he stupid because he believed in the hair-brained ideas he was conveying? Or is he stupid for thinking that said ideas would sell in spite of how asinine they were? Is he a stupid liar or just genuinely that stupid?

It really does make me think that maybe someone talked him into it. It just seems uncharacteristically thoughtless for someone who's gotten so far by the means that he did. He didn't even really try to play it off. Maybe he got complacent and thought there was nothing to play off. Somebody approached him with a shady deal and he got sloppy with it. Behind all this is somebody who convinced him that the money would be worth the time, risk and effort.

Maybe that's the guy we need to watch out for! :eek:

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
a big vaping spokesperson telling people it has side effects?
That would be like Wilfred Brimley saying his pin prick machine that he uses for diabetes gave him a blood disease
Exactly! Every leg they've managed to find to stand on is being shot out from under them and they're grabbing at straws. When they started that whole "for the kids" garbage, I knew they were getting weak. If they can pay one of our so-called "advocates" to say something bad about it , just one little thing, they can fill it fulla political gas and think they have something over our heads again. And of course he's peddling the powder for money, that motive is as clear as a freshly shined window. The man is as deep as a puddle...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Negative side effects from vaping? Blasphemy. Everyone knows the only side effects from vaping are that it cures baldness and ED, promotes weight loss, reverses aging and makes fatties look good...

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It really is amazing. No matter how you look at it, it is a huge misstep for him and his business's public image.

That reminds me... ...I know he's got his hands in several little ventures. I wonder if maybe someone he was working with or someone close to them advised him to do this and he got a little in over his head... ...just a little to big for his britches. He saw an option he hadn't seen before and went for it out of the hubris developed from doing well in his business endeavors - just wanted to make that "next move."

It's sort of like how a lawyer can advise you what you do about this and that when it comes to the beneficial legal advances you can make for your company, but that doesn't mean the options they present to you aren't currently very bad choices for your company in other ways. Maybe he listened to his accountant instead of his PR adviser. Coulda been an expert-assisted oversight.

The real question burning in my mind is why he thought vapers would relate to his bizarre anecdote. He had to have been thinking "Hey! You're a vaper! Has this ever happened to you?" would get the attention of some people who could relate and would thus be interested in the product. That's the only way I can figure that he would have thought marketing these hokey health products to vapers could ever work. What would the intended reaction be if not that?

I'm just trying to wrap my head around how he was convinced that it would work. What was his thought process? Did he just not care what people thought because he was getting paid to pitch the product? Conceivably, yes... ...but that's not a decision you'd think someone like him, who's worked to build a following, been in the game for so long, and had to do damage control before, would take so lightly. He already had an approach that worked, so why would he take that risk unless he either genuinely believed it or was THAT desperate? Neither seem likely. He probably makes much more money than other vaping youtubers and he has other ways of making money. Why pick up the hard sell? It's hard to believe that anybody, including him would believe the shit he was espousing, but that's why I wonder if the duper got duped on this one.

I don't get it. Is he stupid because he believed in the hair-brained ideas he was conveying? Or is he stupid for thinking that said ideas would sell in spite of how asinine they were? Is he a stupid liar or just genuinely that stupid?

It really does make me think that maybe someone talked him into it. It just seems uncharacteristically thoughtless for someone who's gotten so far by the means that he did. He didn't even really try to play it off. Maybe he got complacent and thought there was nothing to play off. Somebody approached him with a shady deal and he got sloppy with it. Behind all this is somebody who convinced him that the money would be worth the time, risk and effort.

Maybe that's the guy we need to watch out for! :eek:
I never thought he was the sharpest knife in the box! I suspect this will be his undoing!

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its like those football players and boxers who come to an end in their usefulness and then rally about concussions and cripple a sport that made them richer than sin while they either knew all the risks, or had the money and resources to find out during their careers.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The man is as deep as a puddle...
Clearly. I can't help but inquire about the nuances of his shallowness. For 90% of his run, he's been more personality than person. I question his agency over things. He seems more "brand" than "self-aware human being." Can't help but wonder if HE knows what's going on. I'm sure he's very surprised. I'm just curious about the reason why he would be surprised.

Conscience, sense of honesty and true motives notwithstanding, something should have clicked and told him that this would be a terrible decision, across the board. Pretend you're rip. You've essentially established a brand with a large presence in the process of building a prominent image through reviewing vape gear and by way of that success, started moving forward to other things. You are "RiP Trippers". RiP Trippers is what makes you or money - it's your golden ticket. What part of this deal is beneficial to you?

I'd like to be able to sit him down one-on-one and hear the truth of what the hell he was thinking when he was preparing to go through with this. In all of the time he had to have to think about it, did the very likely possibility that it would severely anger a lot of people really never strike him? I don't think he's brave enough to ignore it if it came to him. That's what I glean from the way that he has backpedaled before and just, the way he presented the video itself contrasts with the way he's presented himself in the past. That actually makes it even more unusual, as giving glowing reviews for people who send him stuff has always very openly been what he was out to do.

He usually plays it a bit safe in that regard. There's a sort of unspoken transparency about how he chooses what to review and how he presents it... ...they mostly contact him with a product and he reviews it, if he likes it, which I always took to mean that he wouldn't accept an offer for a paid review of something he didn't enjoy or see a reason to promote - his reviews are invariably positive. This essentially makes him an open shill, which always irked people, but never drew full-on ire from anyone. It was actually quite smart of him to play things this way. He clearly thought it through.

This time, he actually tried to say that it's something he stumbled upon while dealing with his health problems. It's like he suddenly half-assed his own methods. It's very unexpected of him to make the mistakes he did.

And somehow I think things would have gone better if he had just stated that instead of trying to slide a blatant shill past his viewers. That's where he went and fucked it all up.

Last edited:

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Best comment on his video, "Remember, integrity is dead. Selling out is the future, and the future is now."

I liked this one:

OMG, i haven't seen this coming, Rip, please don't turn on the camera when you are Drunk...
Anyways, yes PG dehydrates me and i just drink more water, just because i never had any other problems vaping doesn't mean i believe you, is just the fact that making this video was completely stupid, all the vapers don't need FDA and others watching shit like this just because the amazon link you list for that product is an affiliate link with the code XR4WCSOHUQQM2OPQ
Please don't screw vaping to plug other types of products.
Reviews are dead, advertising is the future, and the future is now...

spongeylilvaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I watched Rips vid besides his thyroid issue seems he's dehydrated..don't really think his vid is a negative towards Vaping..don't really see anything wrong going on here with Rip's vid..jmo

If you're an alien how come you sound like you're from up north?

VU Sponsors