Become a Patron!

So little discussion of Yihi SxMini M class and other boards like SX350???

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Apparently he thinks that words with more than 3 letters makes him look smart.
Sad part is alot of inexperienced vapors or people that don't understand technology see "dr" and big words and don't realize he's an idiot until someone like me or another guy(wont name anyone else) put him in his place.
Look back in that thread, I mentioned the concept I thought but couldn't prove, and he kept bugging me to say it.
I didn't know if I was right, I had no numbers and I didn't want a noob or curious person to get the wrong impression of a mod. (at least not because of something my name was attached to) dude got all verbal and tried to call me out. All he did was make himself look like the ass he is.

Sorry but I wont put a definite by something until I am sure without a doubt.

Some people need a case of Chlamydia

I agree with you. Ive been warned in the past for getting into arguments with him too. Apparently you can't disagree with him

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I agree with you. Ive been warned in the past for getting into arguments with him too. Apparently you can't disagree with him
Oh no indeed!!!!
There's a couple people that stand out to me for that.
He and I got I into it in a juice price thread.
Apparently all those economics professors that figured out the supply and demand curve are dead wrong
Ok.... Stopping there, just realize we hijacked the thread.

tchavei

Member For 4 Years
Not all mods stand behind him. Technonut and classy will happily step on him but retired1 and sonicdsl watch his back.

The tricky is to attack the post and not the user. Instead of calling him an idiot, the correct way would be saying: this is the most idiotic post I've seen.

They know how the game is played and they play it well.

Enough about these clowns.

I put a notice at my favorite nearby vape online stores for a sx mini m. Just waiting for them to be back in Stock and at a good price. They changed the price 3 times already.

From as low as 170€ to as high as 205€. Now it's sitting at 199€

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not all mods stand behind him. Technonut and classy will happily step on him but retired1 and sonicdsl watch his back.

The tricky is to attack the post and not the user. Instead of calling him an idiot, the correct way would be saying: this is the most idiotic post I've seen.

They know how the game is played and they play it well.

Enough about these clowns.

I put a notice at my favorite nearby vape online stores for a sx mini m. Just waiting for them to be back in Stock and at a good price. They changed the price 3 times already.

From as low as 170€ to as high as 205€. Now it's sitting at 199€
You can't get one online?
I.know that's weird in some countries, just never lived outside of the U.S. or Mexico-and Mexico doesn't care what you do.

tchavei

Member For 4 Years
You can't get one online?
I.know that's weird in some countries, just never lived outside of the U.S. or Mexico-and Mexico doesn't care what you do.
I can get it but far away from me. It has to be within Europe to get my two year warranty and I rather get from a known (to me) store so I have something to grab on if there is any trouble :)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The next evolv chip is rumored to be 50w and a set it and forget it temp limiting.
After the great dna40 fiasco of 2015 evolv is going to have to do more before they see another dollar from me. I may see if there's a way to slip a yihi board in my shark when they get back, unless I can convince the shark people to swap out the board.
the dna50 huh?

I have been mentioning the same thing for a little bit I like the footprint of the shark and a if the sxj board fit in one it would be a sweet feeling mod.

Vap3on

Member For 4 Years
Is this forum our sanctuary? ;) What a day I have had atleast the SSD works permissions all screwed but thats Apple for you! Anyhow! On the question of the Do Not Ask boards I have bought boards and mods in November, December, January, February, March and the last one this month 13 boards and mods. The boards were purchased from 6 different suppliers in 4 countries and the mods from USA, UK, Finland and the Philippines.

I reckon the only version of the board I haven't seen is the one where they have copied YiHi and added a Atty lock;)

I must be a sadist or something :p I did get a mod from fasttech this week which arrived DOA and I have been playing around with replacing stuff. I can't bring myself to buy another board so will probably use the board I fixed and has been the only one that has never given me trouble in my cana clone.

0705aad2d0f9b50635191b08dcec041a.jpg

Word of warning on the SX mini m class IPA strips the paint on contact! I think Technonut had the same problem with the paint.

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is this forum our sanctuary? ;) What a day I have had atleast the SSD works permissions all screwed but thats Apple for you! Anyhow! On the question of the Do Not Ask boards I have bought boards and mods in November, December, January, February, March and the last one this month 13 boards and mods. The boards were purchased from 6 different suppliers in 4 countries and the mods from USA, UK, Finland and the Philippines.

I reckon the only version of the board I haven't seen is the one where they have copied YiHi and added a Atty lock;)

I must be a sadist or something :p I did get a mod from fasttech this week which arrived DOA and I have been playing around with replacing stuff. I can't bring myself to buy another board so will probably use the board I fixed and has been the only one that has never given me trouble in my cana clone.

Word of warning on the SX mini m class IPA strips the paint on contact! I think Technonut had the same problem with the paint.

I'm dumb I know but what is "IPA"?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
the dna50 huh?

I have been mentioning the same thing for a little bit I like the footprint of the shark and a if the sxj board fit in one it would be a sweet feeling mod.
Agreed! the size of the littlel guy for an 18650 is awesome!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

i think you may be a sadist as well hahahahaha!!!

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed! the size of the littlel guy for an 18650 is awesome!
lol I know you feel that way you got a bunch of them I just have the one vs40 but I do really like it. It was my liking of the rdna30 that made me get one.

If evolve builds a dna50 and does not include user firmware capability then they are out of touch with the product users. If the dna40 had user firmware there would be a lot less distrust of the product. Have you looked in the classifieds for dna40? ppl are selling them cheaper and cheaper everyday. Well the mass produced stuff that is.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
lol I know you feel that way you got a bunch of them I just have the one vs40 but I do really like it. It was my liking of the rdna30 that made me get one.

If evolve builds a dna50 and does not include user firmware capability then they are out of touch with the product users. If the dna40 had user firmware there would be a lot less distrust of the product. Have you looked in the classifieds for dna40? ppl are selling them cheaper and cheaper everyday. Well the mass produced stuff that is.
yeah, i looked, was going to try liquidating my rdnas but looks they are going in the vacopolypse box next to the rest of the outdated stuff. I am going to get the dna40s upgraded though, even if i have to swap out the boards myself

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah, i looked, was going to try liquidating my rdnas but looks they are going in the vacopolypse box next to the rest of the outdated stuff. I am going to get the dna40s upgraded though, even if i have to swap out the boards myself
The S class held most of it's value like the dna30's did until the release of the new boards. Some of the 40 deals out there are still tempting me but I also try and purchase things that will hold their value because I like to trade. Kind of a strange scenario for the dna40 because the dna30 had such a solid reputation, and I am sort of a fan.

For me the M class warranty and the success of the S class made for a reliable purchase, I am glad they did not rush it like evolv did.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The S class held most of it's value like the dna30's did until the release of the new boards. Some of the 40 deals out there are still tempting me but I also try and purchase things that will hold their value because I like to trade. Kind of a strange scenario for the dna40 because the dna30 had such a solid reputation, and I am sort of a fan.

For me the M class warranty and the success of the S class made for a reliable purchase, I am glad they did not rush it like evolv did.
I hear ya, my problem is whenever I buy something with resale value u keep it to long.
provari 2.5, is a paperweight in value, vs40, vs30. Lmao, I have the pinball museum equivalent of a vaping museum

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ever present impulse buyer in me sat there for a while looking at that Black Kbox on sale over at Vaporbeast for $18.00 shipped today (if you bought 2, which would of been an easy flip at work on the second for me). Fairly fantastic deal, i have the extra money for something like that, and i'm down to just an istick 20 for a backup box.

Any other time in the past i'd of pulled the trigger...just because. I didn't though, and i think it says a lot about just how much i love my SX Mini and the faith i have in it's build quality.

(i did end up buying more batteries i probably don't really need anyway though. Need to start spending less time sitting in front of the pc on my days off)

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Swap the boards from the rDNA you have with the DNA...the refinement didn't seem as painful on the older boards

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Swap the boards from the rDNA you have with the DNA...the refinement didn't seem as painful on the older boards
Oh im a moron.
I didn't even think of that...
Awesome !!

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh im a moron.
I didn't even think of that...
Awesome !!

I got my rdna40 back from vaporshark with the new chip in it. It works very well. Vaped it all day yesterday and never had any refinement issues thanks to the atty lock feature. It makes it work just like the sx mini

The only difference is you can unlock the atty too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I got my rdna40 back from vaporshark with the new chip in it. It works very well. Vaped it all day yesterday and never had any refinement issues thanks to the atty lock feature. It makes it work just like the sx mini

Does it still have the ramp up?

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Does the atty lock remove the ability to lock the up/down buttons?

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does it still have the ramp up?

You mean the preheat in temp mode? Yes. Only thing is you can no longer lock the wattage setting because you use the same button combination to lock the atty.

Also, you can not lock wattage mode when TC is off. I put a kanthal build on it and turn off TC and it still just locks the atty

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Soooooo they half-assed the feature

Firebird was referring to the 1/4 second delay and slow ramp up to temp (like a poorly implemented "soft" mode in the SX) when running in Wattage mode

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Roger... When it fires does it 'build' up to the wattage setting as the previous versions?

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I haven't tried vaping a kanthal build on it. Since getting TC I've been vaping ni200 exclusively

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well when you hit the fire button and it shows the wattage in real time does it go to like 1w-3w.... Then what you want?
Mine, right now is
3w-4w-17w then 40w....
So, in other words its firing with a slow build or a ramp up to power.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Also, you can not lock wattage mode when TC is off. I put a kanthal build on it and turn off TC and it still just locks the atty

Have to amend this, after trying a kanthal build, it does lock the up down button to lock in wattage setting but only with h a kanthal build on it. However, the screen displays atty locked

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well when you hit the fire button and it shows the wattage in real time does it go to like 1w-3w.... Then what you want?
Mine, right now is
3w-4w-17w then 40w....
So, in other words its firing with a slow build or a ramp up to power.

Just tried it and the answer is yes

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just tried it and the answer is yes

Thanks dude....
Can't believe they wouldn't fix that.. Oh well.
Wait, yes I can.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Curious as to what batteries everyone is using in the SX M. Since the nickel craze is in full swing many of the top end batteries (Samasung 25R, VTC4 / VTC5) do well above .2 but it difficult to get nickel coils above .2. Many coils are in the 1.5 to 1.8 range. I find my SX M does chew up batteries pretty good. Any thoughts on this topic?

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Curious as to what batteries everyone is using in the SX M. Since the nickel craze is in full swing many of the top end batteries (Samasung 25R, VTC4 / VTC5) do well above .2 but it difficult to get nickel coils above .2. Many coils are in the 1.5 to 1.8 range. I find my SX M does chew up batteries pretty good. Any thoughts on this topic?

I use both brand new Samsungs and 10 month old Sony VTC5s, always ohm'ing out in the .08-.1 range.

On that note, i am curious myself on how the whole volt display thing actually works on the SX mini. Like in standby right now if i look at my mostly full battery meter it states 2.65v. This # can change at times (go lower) if i quickly tap the fire button. When i fire the device, right now set at 32 J/480/standard, it will start lower then cap out out at the 2.65v mark while not letting it go over.

So is that they actual volts the device is firing at? Coming off Kanthal vv/vw devices, that # just seems so low to me. Yet the power is there.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I use both brand new Samsungs and 10 month old Sony VTC5s, always ohm'ing out in the .08-.1 range.

On that note, i am curious myself on how the whole volt display thing actually works on the SX mini. Like in standby right now if i look at my mostly full battery meter it states 2.65v. This # can change at times (go lower) if i quickly tap the fire button. When i fire the device, right now set at 32 J/480/standard, it will start lower then cap out out at the 2.65v mark while not letting it go over.

So is that they actual volts the device is firing at? Coming off Kanthal vv/vw devices, that # just seems so low to me. Yet the power is there.
I totally agree and have the same experience and questions. This thing hits like a boss but once the battery gets to about 50% I can tell the vape quality decreases. I was just wondering about the right batteries since many discussions have been on larger resistance coils. Now that Nickel is out and the resistance is so much lower, I would have thought I would have seen some discussions on batteries. Wish I could find the VTC5's but will order a few 25R's and see how they do.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I have a couple of samsung 25r, Lg 2, Purple Efest and an mxjo 2500. All seem to give me the same performance. I use the purple efest in my hana v4d and the rest are all rotated between my sx mini m and VS rdna 40. On the SX mini M class I get about 22000J out of a charge.

Im not a high wattage vaper (usually at 430degrees and 16-20J) but I am a chain vaper and go through about 10-15ml a day. I can usually go a full day on the sx mini,

Don't put so much into the resistance of the coil with regards to the battery. The SX and the DNA chips work differently with the resistance. Thats why you don't see the coil turning red.

Last edited:

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I totally agree and have the same experience and questions. This thing hits like a boss but once the battery gets to about 50% I can tell the vape quality decreases. I was just wondering about the right batteries since many discussions have been on larger resistance coils. Now that Nickel is out and the resistance is so much lower, I would have thought I would have seen some discussions on batteries. Wish I could find the VTC5's but will order a few 25R's and see how they do.

The samsung work well. I got mine off Amazon and am 99% sure they are authentic batteries. These are the ones I bought, can't beat the price. $12 for 2 and if you have amazon prime, it's free 2 days shipping

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I use rtd vapor for all my batteries, great prices and no questions on authenticity.
Samsung 25r, LH he2s and he4s, vtc4s

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
That's kinda what I was thinking in terms of nickel resistance bring different than kanthal. I'm going to get a couple sets of 25r this week

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Has anyone tried or been successful on taking the board and putting it into a dual 18650 box wired in parallel. I love the chip but hate the single battery. Not much of a fan of the screw in battery cover. Thinking this chip in dual batteries would be the end to all mods. Thoughts?

Vap3on

Member For 4 Years
Still having a buzzing time with the 350J ;) only a VTC5 gives me 22000 still running tests;)
90ea7a073a10f9b69c9dce7a504dec95.jpg

ea50d334d8047df1dd300fb1eeb38c1a.jpg

Vape on!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
are you running Kanthal in tc mode? That buzzing is actually pwm spacing out the pulses. Try a coil of .65 Ohm NI200

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Has anyone tried or been successful on taking the board and putting it into a dual 18650 box wired in parallel. I love the chip but hate the single battery. Not much of a fan of the screw in battery cover. Thinking this chip in dual batteries would be the end to all mods. Thoughts?

Well if that's what you want NateL and SP Costumes will gladly make it for you.

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes SP is a mod builder and NateL is as well he host a show on VU live

VU Sponsors