Become a Patron!

So little discussion of Yihi SxMini M class and other boards like SX350???

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SX Mini M class
Is this worth $199 ?
That's a chunk of change for a single 18650 60w mod..
98bf4f787f9939251fbd64a04796344d.jpg

from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
SX Mini M class
Is this worth $199 ?
98bf4f787f9939251fbd64a04796344d.jpg

Yes absolutely without a doubt IMO. I cant really afford buying a second SXmini M but the temp limiting is just amazing and I need another so I may just buy a Sx350j board and build one. Check the other forums there's a lot of talk about this one and everything I'm seeing for the most part is fantastic.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes absolutely without a doubt IMO. I cant really afford buying a second SXmini M but the temp limiting is just amazing and I need another so I may just buy a Sx350j board and build one. Check the other forums there's a lot of talk about this one and everything I'm seeing for the most part is fantastic.
Thanks..I looking to get another box mod soon but a little more compact than my IPV3... Before I spend $200 on a Chinese made mod I will definitely have to research it a lot more..I heard first about it right here on this thread..thx for the reply!

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SX Mini M class
Is this worth $199 ?

Depends on how you look at it. For me its not. But thats only because I'm a machinest with hand skills. $75 board $125 box and assembly. If I didn't have the ability to build it myself would I buy one at that price. Yes in an instant. YIHI makes quality chips. With what I don't spend on smoking I deserve to have any unit I choose. Looks are less important to me. Function is what counts. And this baby functions well !!!!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends on how you look at it. For me its not. But thats only because I'm a machinest with hand skills. $75 board $125 box and assembly. If I didn't have the ability to build it myself would I buy one at that price. Yes in an instant. YIHI makes quality chips. With what I don't spend on smoking I deserve to have any unit I choose. Looks are less important to me. Function is what counts. And this baby functions well !!!!
Well said .. I'm in the same boat as I deserve it staying tobacco free....but I've spent a bunch of money already. With five mods purchased last year, two-150w IPV3's, two Atlantis tanks, three Artic tanks, two RDA's, several boxes of coils and just ordered the Starre and a box of coils ($66 w/shipping) this year so far, I've really got to watch my vaping budget..$200 for another mod is something I've got to think about..plus I spend about $150 a month on juice alone...yeah, I've got to watch my budget for sure! Lol

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Well said .. I'm in the same boat as I deserve it staying tobacco free....but I've spent a bunch of money already. With five mods purchased last year, two-150w IPV3's, two Atlantis tanks, three Artic tanks, two RDA's, several boxes of coils and just ordered the Starre and a box of coils ($66 w/shipping) this year so far, I've really got to watch my vaping budget..$200 for another mod is something I've got to think about..plus I spend about $150 a month on juice alone...yeah, I've got to watch my budget for sure! Lol

Next you can start making your own Juice to offset the costs of other devices. I love vaping,my sx m and making juice. It's a,win win win scenario lolol

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I usually spend about 300 a month on hardware, but I DIY my juice so I save a TON there, usually 30$ a month after the math is done.

Last edited:

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I keep a running spreadsheet of what I've spent on vaping consumables / gear vs what I would have spent on cigs. The first 5-6 months I was in the hole but since then it's been going more and more into the positive. I always defer to it when I want to justify something :) You apparently spend a lot more on juice than me as I usually either buy from Mt Baker and get about 8 30ml bottles for $60 or so or diy my own. So I don't have a huge monthly juice expense.

upload_2015-4-20_14-18-27.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-4-20_14-16-58.png
    upload_2015-4-20_14-16-58.png
    13 KB · Views: 16

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep a running spreadsheet of what I've spent on vaping consumables / gear vs what I would have spent on cigs. The first 5-6 months I was in the hole but since then it's been going more and more into the positive. I always defer to it when I want to justify something :) You apparently spend a lot more on juice than me as I usually either buy from Mt Baker and get about 8 30ml bottles for $60 or so or diy my own. So I don't have a huge monthly juice expense.

View attachment 19162
I don't know exactly how much I've actually saved after I quit smoking and started vaping about 2yrs ago now..
But three cartons of Marlborough would barely last a month..and been buying them for over 20yrs.. So yeah, I guess I'm money ahead....but personally
I don't like MVB juice, so I don't buy from them anymore.....I order from ITC Vapes and buy custom mixed juice from my local shop...a little more $$ maybe but alot better quality...
I vape 4 mods/tanks in rotation and probly burn up a lot of juice during my daily vape...plus two mechs/RDA's I drip on...so yeah, you can call me a vapeaholic and a juice hog I reckon, but I wouldn't have it any other way! Lol

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was vaping it side by side with my dna40 and it blows the DNA out of the water in every category.
I still use my vaporshark only because of its size and at work it fits in my shirt pocket but that's its only use now.
I can't wait should be here I got a tracking # this morning. I like my VS rdna40 for the size factor.

I'm suprised he didn't cum all over the Evolv board lol I'm sorry but he's very biased even if he says he isn't.
Most are biased to some degree or another. I think he will cum all over the SX M class though since he raved over the S class.

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How long does the batt last in the M class before needing charged or changed out?
I only have dual batt mods and they go two full days or more..so I'm curious how long a single batt might go...

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
How long does the batt last in the M class before needing charged or changed out?
I only have dual batt mods and they go two full days or more..so I'm curious how long a single batt might go...

I'm changing mine out probably a little over a day. I don't have the battery tube extension so only using 1 battery at a time not duals. Your mileage may vary depending on how often you vape and what type of builds / power you like. I'm around .06Ω - .1Ω at about 22.5 - 24 joules since I'm running only in temp limiting mode lately.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm changing mine out probably a little over a day. I don't have the battery tube extension so only using 1 battery at a time not duals. Your mileage may vary depending on how often you vape and what type of builds / power you like. I'm around .06Ω - .1Ω at about 22.5 - 24 joules since I'm running only in temp limiting mode lately.
What does the batt tube extension look like? Does it connect the batts in series or parallel? Does it make the mod longer or wider? I know it's sort of dumb questions but I've never seen one of these mods before...lol

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Completely maxed out on one battery I get about 4 hours, and that's " vaping hard " as the raven would say

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Completely maxed out on one battery I get about 4 hours, and that's " vaping hard " as the raven would say
That's not enough for me...I'm a over the road truck driver....I need the batts to last at least 10hrs without having to stop to change them out....right now I use two IPV3's mostly behind the wheel...
Thanks for telling me...looks like I'll stick with what I've got, and save $200 too! Lol

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Again that's a how you vape thing, you know? In dual 18650 I was getting 8-9 hrs at 70-75w.
I run at 50j or 60w depending.
Someone had said they get a full day at 25 joules.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Again that's a how you vape thing, you know? In dual 18650 I was getting 8-9 hrs at 70-75w.
I run at 50j or 60w depending.
Someone had said they get a full day at 25 joules.
Can you post a pic of that dual setup?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh wow, it sorta sticks out a bit..don't think that would be comfortable trying to vape rollin down the interstate at 70mph in my 18 wheeler...I can see myself getting it tangled up in my CB cord... Lol. But thx for the pic..

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's surprisingly comfortable to use.
I don't use it that way often; but, love the option.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What exactly is the reason y'all like the M class more then the 40? I wanna get one but on the fence plus need to pay bills first

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks..I looking to get another box mod soon but a little more compact than my IPV3... Before I spend $200 on a Chinese made mod I will definitely have to research it a lot more..I heard first about it right here on this thread..thx for the reply!

The build quality is superior to even the top of the line American stuff like Provape.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What exactly is the reason y'all like the M class more then the 40? I wanna get one but on the fence plus need to pay bills first
There are several reasons.
Its not a fair comparison since the devices are so different.

1-build quality, it feels like some super expensive mod. If this was a made in America mod, the price would be much higher.
2- no ramp up. The dna40 has a slight firing delay, then ramps up to the desired wattage. This just hits you with it, which I love
3- different firing option styles
4- form factor
5- power availability
6- the option for dual battery or single
7- temp limiting is exponentially easier to do since you manually enter TC mode rather than let the chip decide if you have pleased the gods.
Its just a much more versatile piece of gear.

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The build quality is superior to even the top of the line American stuff like Provape.
I'm sure it's a well built mod that uses a quality chip but battery life isn't enough for my needs... Just sayin

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Posted in error
My buddy just named his cat Robert dinero.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm sure it's a well built mod that uses a quality chip but battery life isn't enough for my needs... Just sayin

Well, you can do what I did and get a HexOhm box v2. Dual 18650's, 110W, Straight DC-DC ramping. It's a box, but a small and powerful one. Kicks ass with a .3 Dripper.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, you can do what I did and get a HexOhm box v2. Dual 18650's, 110W, Straight DC-DC ramping. It's a box, but a small and powerful one. Kicks ass with a .3 Dripper.
That's true I suppose but I already have two dual batt IPV3's... They work great with the Arctic and Herkales subtanks..
For dripping I still use my BCV BFM and XXIX.. Doge with dual parallel 22g at .09 ohms and the Dark Horse with dual parallel 24g at .12 ohms..both are kick ass cloud blowers...
I don't like dripping on my box mods....too messy and if juice got into the chip somehow I'd be pissed...a lot safer for me to drip on my mechs..
4a2b541cc3338be6c1503954733e1c3a.jpg

Last edited:

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'll echo some of the others here.

My biggest issue with the VS was that at the end of the day, and being the cheapskate i am, it just didn't feel like a solid $200 device/investment to me when i got one. Beyond the "only game in town" factor working in it's favor, it just screamed "wait for the clones and pay a lot less for essentially the same thing" to me. Like i stated earlier in this thread...this SX Mini on the other hand just oozes that quality feel that i found missing there.

Same as was the case when i bought my Provari...i'll pay more then the $60 i could now snag a reportedly working fine TC device ( angelcigs.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=dna+40 ) if the build quality warranted it. This fit the bill so i pulled the trigger.

Will say this as a con though. Sucks through a battery at 24j/350F faster then a similar setting on any other device i've had. Changing the battery feels a little annoying coming off magnet pop off covers as well.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'll echo some of the others here.

My biggest issue with the VS was that at the end of the day, and being the cheapskate i am, it just didn't feel like a solid $200 device/investment to me when i got one. Beyond the "only game in town" factor working in it's favor, it just screamed "wait for the clones and pay a lot less for essentially the same thing" to me. Like i stated earlier in this thread...this SX Mini on the other hand just oozes that quality feel that i found missing there.

Same as was the case when i bought my Provari...i'll pay more then the $60 i could now snag a reportedly working fine TC device ( angelcigs.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=dna+40 ) if the build quality warranted it. This fit the bill so i pulled the trigger.

Will say this as a con though. Sucks through a battery at 24j/350F faster then a similar setting on any other device i've had. Changing the battery feels a little annoying coming off magnet pop off covers as well.
The battery change screwy thingy bugged me at first, I cleaned the threads to get the noax off ..so much easier and a one hand operation. but still secure and not going anywhere!

To battery life all I can compare it too would be the dna40 and ipv70. Definitely not as long lasting as the 40, but its running at a higher power. Its a little better than the ipv70 though

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
someone mentioned other devices being released with this chip... any links?

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

There are no other production devices with this chip at this time that I'm aware of. Yihi is selling the SX350j chip for modders to build their own but those are one off's. There may be some in the future that use it but I wouldn't expect Yihi to sell their chips to competitors to compete with them on this device.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aurabox is kicking one out it is a FB page thing https://www.facebook.com/groups/aurabox/

10960334_343670692495143_848680130078939736_o.jpg

These ppl are suppose to kick out a bottom feeder as well. They have the SX350 bf mods currently. http://www.svapiamo.com/

I am sure there are others but many of them will be treated like high end FB mods rather than mass production like the M class is.

btw this would have came yesterday but I missed the mail while at work and so it sat in usps jail all night.

20150423_142953.jpg

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are no other production devices with this chip at this time that I'm aware of. Yihi is selling the SX350j chip for modders to build their own but those are one off's. There may be some in the future that use it but I wouldn't expect Yihi to sell their chips to competitors to compete with them on this device.

Aurabox is kicking one out it is a FB page thing https://www.facebook.com/groups/aurabox/

10960334_343670692495143_848680130078939736_o.jpg

These ppl are suppose to kick out a bottom feeder as well. They have the SX350 bf mods currently. http://www.svapiamo.com/

I am sure there are others but many of them will be treated like high end FB mods rather than mass production like the M class is.

btw this would have came yesterday but I missed the mail while at work and so it sat in usps jail all night.

View attachment 19315

thanks you two!

looks like im going to be building a custom enclosure and copping the chip. best place to get the chip? US suppliers?

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks you two!

looks like im going to be building a custom enclosure and copping the chip. best place to get the chip? US suppliers?

Vaposphere has them also at a bit cheaper price. 71.50 for the chip and 2.50 for shipping. I ordered on a Wed afternoon and it was in my mailbox on Sat. They are in WI, very good dealer. The chip comes with the serial balance charge board also. Everything nicely boxed. You can find it here:
http://vaposphere-usa.com/collections/mods-1/products/sx350-mini-j-by-yihi

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaposphere has them also at a bit cheaper price. 71.50 for the chip and 2.50 for shipping. I ordered on a Wed afternoon and it was in my mailbox on Sat. They are in WI, very good dealer. The chip comes with the serial balance charge board also. Everything nicely boxed. You can find it here:
http://vaposphere-usa.com/collections/mods-1/products/sx350-mini-j-by-yihi

that is the cheapest i have seen. and they arent far from me so it shouldnt take more than 2 days to arrive.

thanks!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can't see that Italian page.... What's the price on the BF going to be?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Awesome
Wonder if this means I should grab crow to eat on the way home

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Typical 5 min info in 50 min. But the part I wanted to see was the scope results. Oh well stay tuned for part 2. Think he had a hard time finding something to really dislike though.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Typical 5 min info in 50 min. But the part I wanted to see was the scope results. Oh well stay tuned for part 2. Think he had a hard time finding something to really dislike though.
Will check it out...but Phil isn't one of my favorites...he's just above Rip Trippers... Barely! Lol

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
FYi, to the folks wanting to see Pbusardo review on the SXmini M it's up on youtube now. Part 1

Guess I was late to the party. Didn't refresh my page when I posted that. :)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was told the SX mini has only a 3mos warranty...is this true?

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't see that Italian page.... What's the price on the BF going to be?
How come you can't see it? I don't know what their J board mod will be but their bottom fed wood sx350 mods are 179.90 - 200.00 Euro and are all listed as unavailable. This is the pic of the j mod
sx350j_02.jpg sx350j_3.jpg sx350j_4.jpg

Here is one of their 350's
box-w3-sx-350-50-w-096.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How come you can't see it? I don't know what their J board mod will be but their bottom fed wood sx350 mods are 179.90 - 200.00 Euro and are all listed as unavailable. This is the pic of the j mod
View attachment 19328 View attachment 19329 View attachment 19330

Here is one of their 350's
box-w3-sx-350-50-w-096.jpg
I'm using my phone at the moment. So I dunno, I got gobbly gook and Jo pics.
Hmm nice looking I reckon, I'm not a wood mod fan, but at that price for a bf ill take it.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using my phone at the moment. So I dunno, I got gobbly gook and Jo pics.
Hmm nice looking I reckon, I'm not a wood mod fan, but at that price for a bf ill take it.
The wood is not really my thing either and I think the pics of the J mod are a bit I don't know boxy but this board will be found in many mods shortly.

That J mod might not even be a bf but every other mod they have is I believe so I assumed it was but the 510 does not look like a bf.

VU Sponsors