Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Would a Mosfet fit in there? A 20700 with Mosfet would work for me. Different colors though :)
Might want to. Build a bit bigger/or trim the material inside in order to fit.. It's possible I was planning onto doing that.

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MOSFET,...shMOSFET !!!! Go for the gusto and use the FSK chip!
See this guy is addicted of DNA chip Lmao! But either way your call:

- mosfet if to work for mechs for parallel and add as a safety resisted (so to speak)
-DNA chip- make the devices regulated - more safer for wattage control.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See this guy is addicted of DNA chip Lmao! But either way your call:

- mosfet if to work for mechs for parallel and add as a safety resisted (so to speak)
-DNA chip- make the devices regulated - more safer for wattage control.
I know what a MOSFET is (sort of) and most certainly know what it does ( I have a dual squonk mod with a MOSFET) but if you never used a mod with a FSK chip in it, you are doing yourself a disservice IMHO. It is not a DNA, to me it is better since you can make changes on the fly, no computer needed.

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know what a MOSFET is (sort of) and most certainly know what it does ( I have a dual squonk mod with a MOSFET) but if you never used a mod with a FSK chip in it, you are doing yourself a disservice IMHO. It is not a DNA, to me it is better since you can make changes on the fly, no computer needed.
Basically Lmao!

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Would a Mosfet fit in there? A 20700 with Mosfet would work for me. Different colors though :)
That particular mod isn't a 20700, that's a dual 18650. The 20700 I've got now is the single battery below. I'm trying different styles all the time
54aca715c6c7e58505a20d8a192f43a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Truth be told, I'm not crazy about the DNA chips tho I own several DNA mods. Eventually I'll be done with the work at home and have the time to make a squonk box to fit the FSK chip.
I think there's already some designs out there

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think there's already some designs out there

You're probably right, but since I don't have a 3D printer and I couldn't find my way in a CAD program, those designs/files are about as useful as a 3$ bill to me.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thanks, every mod I own is silver or black, I like the idea of getting other colors but I chicken out lol.
Same here! I was going to get an accent kit with my boxer, chickened out. I was going to get the white TLF printed so I could dye it myself, chickened out. Also I'm worried if I choose more than one color (black) then it will increase the amount of hardware that fits in the "gotta buy" category. Then isntead of buying one new RDA, I'll have to buy two, one of each color. Cause god forbid should I use something that isn't as matchy matchy as I can get it. lol

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Been on a frosted cap kick lately, goes good with black and silver lol. I do have some different color doors for the inbox but I can always change them, not a commitment :giggle:. Oh well like you said, sticking to 2 colors is less stuff I have to buy to match.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
will PWM chips work on a single battery?
I could make one that would but it would be limited to about 3.9 volts or so max for a bit on a fully charged battery.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
This... THIS!! I NEEEEEED this squonker. It SHALL be MINE!!!! I'll be boarding a dog from the 25 til the 18th. As soon as funds hit my paypal, I'l be rabidly attempting to acquire one THESE! Revel in it's glory!

French, video is in French. Hopefully I won't have to hard of a time communicating with these folks to get one. Anyone speak French? lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This... THIS!! I NEEEEEED this squonker. It SHALL be MINE!!!! I'll be boarding a dog from the 25 til the 18th. As soon as funds hit my paypal, I'l be rabidly attempting to acquire one THESE! Revel in it's glory!

French, video is in French. Hopefully I won't have to hard of a time communicating with these folks to get one. Anyone speak French? lol
You want the Cookie Monster Mod? Do they sell a Sesame street juice too? I bet one of the guys on this forum could print you one for a fraction of what the french guys would charge!

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I have that exact mod coming with a different door on it. Its a all black Phantohm. I found a used one on fb for a good price and couldnt say no. I like that door but i didnt have a choice. It has a repeating design on the door. Let me grab the pic so i can upload it....

rNqanCD.png

Last edited:

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have that exact mod coming with a different door on it. Its a all black Phantohm. I found a used one on fb for a good price and couldnt say no. I like that door but i didnt have a choice. It has a repeating design on the door. Let me grab the pic so i can upload it....

rNqanCD.png

Had been tempted to order one from VapinArt when they were in stock

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
You're probably right, but since I don't have a 3D printer and I couldn't find my way in a CAD program, those designs/files are about as useful as a 3$ bill to me.
As of later today ill have 3 3d printers so don't be bashful if you find something you like. I'm not the greatest at making my own files yet but I'm workimg on it. Until then there's plenty out there that have already been made.

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As of later today ill have 3 3d printers so don't be bashful if you find something you like. I'm not the greatest at making my own files yet but I'm workimg on it. Until then there's plenty out there that have already been made.

Also building the schematics from a 3d printing software is tricky. The one I sent you was just building blocks overlapping. I'm still working on looking other softwares to use to cut specifically Lol!

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Guys! I had an idea. Would you guys would want a small squonk box mod that would work with both hands? I'm thinking putting a 2nd opening to both sides. That way. You would be able to squonk either left or right hand.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guys! I had an idea. Would you guys would want a small squonk box mod that would work with both hands? I'm thinking putting a 2nd opening to both sides. That way. You would be able to squonk either left or right hand.
If you have the squonk hole in the front/back like the Therion or Coppervape, you can use it with either hand.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have to give props to Ludovic of L'Atelier (Molly)... 2 months ago, I got my first Molly...had issues right away with the fitment of the door, others had this issue with V1/V2 of the Molly...time went on etc. communication was minimal. Assuming the 2 man outfit they are, they were just waiting on supply...and possible mfg change for their boxes/doors ( again assuming since the finishes are different on the V3)

Yesterday my replacement Molly arrived...Finish was as discussed before where it wasn't shiny like the V1/V2s...but everything fit perfect...'cept the MM510 that came with it ( V3 changes are the finish and 510 ) didn't work lol.

Anyway, I Pm'd Ludovic and told him my issues and showed video of my current doors not fitting the previous V2 model ( the V3s are actually just a tiny bit smaller...and that I had to replace the MM510 with one of my own...Don't get me wrong, I think with the V3 they have a just about nailed...cosmetically the finish is an easy fix...plus the doors went from a 3 magnet to 2 magnet system and that alone fixes a lot of rocking many people experienced.

Told him I fixed the issues with the new one at the expense of my own MM510, and asked...What would it cost me just to buy this one?

Well 45% off was the answer I got this morning.

So now I am an owner of 2 Molly's :D Both work perfectly and with the Juma Doors I have coming soon ( which one I will probably sell ) I'm a happy camper

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you have the squonk hole in the front/back like the Therion or Coppervape, you can use it with either hand.
True. That's why I'm still brainstorming on ideas.. Made a rough sketch for prototype #2 lol! Still have 98 more to go till I fully want the design right

VU Sponsors