Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
You'd most likely need to narrow the parameters in your question since it is rather broad spectrum as stated. Do you want mech or regulated, single or dual battery, 3D printed or delrin or stab wood. What level of customization do you want? The best is also a matter of opinion and preference. I personally prefer regulated mods and the best MOSFET dual battery mod (IMHO) is one of 5 made by @Studiovape . The customization was done by the man himself and all I do is enjoy the fruits of his labor. Is is the best? To me and the other 4 lucky owners, it is. The best regulated dual battery (maybe DNA75?)bI don't believe has been made yet, but I may be wrong. The best mech mod? Totally a matter of opinion IMHO.
I know it's subjectiven that's why I was hoping to get multiple opinions ... Either 20700 or dual 18650. Probably not 3d printed because I have 3 3d printers and have already been printing some myself.
To be honest I was going to get a 20700 Boxer but besides getting a ton of different color doors there's not much customization.
I'm also interested in a dna squonk because of the temp control. Might have to just try and make one I guess.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know it's subjectiven that's why I was hoping to get multiple opinions ... Either 20700 or dual 18650. Probably not 3d printed because I have 3 3d printers and have already been printing some myself.
To be honest I was going to get a 20700 Boxer but besides getting a ton of different color doors there's not much customization.
I'm also interested in a dna squonk because of the temp control. Might have to just try and make one I guess.

IF you're going to make/print your own and want temp control, take a look at the FSK chip used by Hohm Tech.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Still not following the customizable thing.

Sonar will make you one in your choice of wood.

M-Vapes UK do DNA167 with faceplate and other options.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes ModThinX...

Here is some of the colors he has in Juma... Going to ask if he has Yellow also and get a set whipped up...Think that would go really well with the black Molly...

View attachment 89828

and some of the other color Stab doors he has done...

View attachment 89829
Man im going to have to grab a door for sure. Those look so dope, and i dont have any juma doors for any of my mods yet. Thanks for the info.

Had to post this picture of some BB panels he is doing for someone...color is Laguna...but it's hot

2589f3e81ea88aee934a0c0866bc0fff.jpg

This is just the rough cut...owner is opting for the gloss finish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn thats a nice ass blue, hmm decisions decisions. That juma has a real nice pattern to it. Cant believe i dont have any juma doors yet. Im slacking...lol

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shawn, how is the Ceto? I'm waiting for a Mesh rda to ship from 3F.
I am wanting the Mesh RDA, but I'm not terribly sure how it'll squonk. The Ceto squonks awesome, but needs more power than most of my squonk mods will deliver... definitely more than any mech!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I hate battery charging day.
How often is it battery charging day?

For me, it's every day, but it only takes about 20 seconds of my time. When I remove battery from a mod, it goes in the charger. At some point later when it's charged, it goes in a battery case.

I know some people will lose their minds when I say this, but I do not babysit my batteries while they are charging. In fact, I'm about to go to bed and there's one in the charger right now and will remain there until morning.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am wanting the Mesh RDA, but I'm not terribly sure how it'll squonk. The Ceto squonks awesome, but needs more power than most of my squonk mods will deliver... definitely more than any mech!

I guess it's my turn to "take one for the team", since I already ordered one. I'll put it on a DB 160, a Therion and the SV. But that'll be a few weeks from now. ......

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess it's my turn to "take one for three team", since I already ordered one. I'll put it on a DB 160, a Therion and the SV. But that'll be a few weeks from now. ......
I've got the DB160, but the Ceto is a 24 mm atty... argh... so, I'm running the Ceto on my Wraith, but at max wattage, it just eeeeeeks by. Hence my desire for at least 100 watts.

Before anyone suggests it, I hate the way the Drone is laid out, and I don't like yhe Halcyon because of the LiPos...

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

For me, it's every day, but it only takes about 20 seconds of my time. When I remove battery from a mod, it goes in the charger. At some point later when it's charged, it goes in a battery case.

I know some people will lose their minds when I say this, but I do not babysit my batteries while they are charging. In fact, I'm about to go to bed and there's one in the charger right now and will remain there until morning.

Usually try to charge as I use them but I've been slacking and had to charge them today. I have 30+ batteries so I can go a while without charging if I'm lazy.

I hate to admit but I'm the same, I've been known to leave them on the charger unattended.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Some nice squonky vapemail from Saturday..
From the good ol' USA and.. Poland!
Still churning through a bunch of work until tomorrow, looks like my PMM Bolt door & button arrive tomorrow too so good timing!
Still waiting on my dang Armageddon squonks & my Runt, but really looking forward to play time on Tuesday..
:bingo:

FullSizeRender.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some nice squonky vapemail from Saturday..
From the good ol' USA and.. Poland!
Still churning through a bunch of work until tomorrow, looks like my PMM Bolt door & button arrive tomorrow too so good timing!
Still waiting on my dang Armageddon squonks & my Runt, but really looking forward to play time on Tuesday..
:bingo:

View attachment 89847
Very nice! Enjoy them!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Same here -

I do not stress about it and vaping is too important in my life to be dedication a whole day to charging :blech:

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I only own as many batteries as I'm willing to rotate threw. They are aging whether they are charged, discharging, or not. Mooch said it's actually better to rotate threw them all rather than store them at full charge. If you are going to store them, then he said, to store them slightly discharged. Can't remember why but, 'cause Mooch said lol.

I have 2 married sets of LG HG2's for my drone, 4 numbered 1-4 VTC5A's for my mechs (one mech, soon to be 3 hehe), and 2 married sets of 20700's. I bought 2 more 20700's with my boxer so soon, one those married sets of 20700's are going to be getting a divorce lol. The Captain PD270 doesn't see enough use to be a polygamist.

My goal was to have enough batteries to last almost a full day for any given device. I tend to charge them when I get home from work while vaping on what's still fresh. Then at night before bed I throw the ones I was using while the others were charging on the charger and leave them (gasp) unattended.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only own as many batteries as I'm willing to rotate threw. They are aging whether they are charged, discharging, or not. Mooch said it's actually better to rotate threw them all rather than store them at full charge. If you are going to store them, then he said, to store them slightly discharged. Can't remember why but, 'cause Mooch said lol.

I have 2 married sets of LG HG2's for my drone, 4 numbered 1-4 VTC5A's for my mechs (one mech, soon to be 3 hehe), and 2 married sets of 20700's. I bought 2 more 20700's with my boxer so soon, one those married sets of 20700's are going to be getting a divorce lol. The Captain PD270 doesn't see enough use to be a polygamist.

My goal was to have enough batteries to last almost a full day for any given device. I tend to charge them when I get home from work while vaping on what's still fresh. Then at night before bed I throw the ones I was using while the others were charging on the charger and leave them (gasp) unattended.
I have one set in every mod, and a backup for each style... 1 series set, 1 parallel set, several 30A singles, several 20A singles, a set of triples. I counted the other night, and there are around 300 cells in the house ranging from 14500 through 20700 and all in between.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
They are under more "stress" when fully charged than when partially discharged. I own 2-3x the number of batteries that I actually use on a regular basis. (Ya gotta have backups!) Some of them have zero cycles on them. The ones that aren't in active use get stored at around 3.7V and checked every 6 months or so. If they've dropped more than a few hundredths of a volt, I'll take them back up to 3.7.

I do agree that cells age some even when stored optimally, but nowhere near as bad as if they're regularly cycled or stored at full charge.

Originally, I was thinking I'd get a year or two out of cells and then they'd be ready for retirement. Well, the best of them (VTC5s bought in 2014) are still going strong, while the baby blue 25Rs that I bought the same year have aged less gracefully.

I suspect usable battery life also depends on how hard they are run. I'm a 20-ish watt vaper, so my cells do not live a hard life.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've got the DB160, but the Ceto is a 24 mm atty... argh... so, I'm running the Ceto on my Wraith, but at max wattage, it just eeeeeeks by. Hence my desire for at least 100 watts.

Before anyone suggests it, I hate the way the Drone is laid out, and I don't like yhe Halcyon because of the LiPos...

Working on this currently..... obviously not everyone will like those colors lol this ones a mech but a board is something I'm working on as well.
4d3159267f9cf8429e0b19d071e3f9e0.jpg
8492ab5a23f4206e4c13415bc2bae641.jpg

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone tried a zion rda yet?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Yes, kind of. I had access to try a clone. It was easy to build and I got a good vape with a 4-5 wrap smallish fused clapton with the coil high enough to be above the airflow hole. I also only used one of the two airflow holes.

Last edited:

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's the best customizable squonk on the market right now? 20700 or similar preferred

Box Mod Mafia Thug is a good mod that is very customizable. DNA 60 20700. 3-4 modders making doors and faceplates including color choices from the original modder for mod, door, buttons. Aluminide 3d print, small box size even with the 20700.

Vaping Architect Akron mech is also available as a 20700. I'm sure there are others but those are the ones I can think of now.

Went back and saw you weren't interested in 3dp mods. Most of the DNA non-3dp mods don't have a lot of customization available. DPM limo there are doors, a few people make SVA Penguin doors. Most customization I see is on mechs. Peasant Peon, Molly, and a few other delrin mechs have the most customization that I've seen.

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Working on this currently..... obviously not everyone will like those colors lol this ones a mech but a board is something I'm working on as well.

Very nice, the colors.....I guess if you like them, they are fine.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Very nice, the colors.....I guess if you like them, they are fine.
The colors are basicly because these are just trial runs to make sure I get everything set up right. At first I was using white but I ran out lol

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice mod. Been thinking of getting a limo. Is the bottle tube annoying to fit on?

As of now yes since it's new. I use tweezers to seal the tube while getting it off and on. I heard it gets better when the tube gets broken in.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am I bonkers enough for this thread. I posted this in another thread but I wanted to make sure I qualify for this thread. Here is my work area for my stuff. I have two tool boxes full of vape stuff and juice. Plus I just started DIY.
View attachment 89870

Good start! Looks like your Bonkers
Qualified. Stick around here and it'll only get worse (or better) just depends on the way you look at it.
Here is my vape station,
b1c3a6b68a9b154539cf0dd9a0c7796a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The clone is def, def not 1:1. I have a real boxer on the way and will post differences when it gets here lol. Honestly from what I can tell of photos i've seen is the only thing actually cloned is the shape and name. Inside it's totally different.
Gotcha, that sucks. Enjoy that authentic, great little box always in my rotation.

My toaster design arrived from shapeways today but at work so no picks ATM, excited to get it together this evening. Make sure to get some picks when your TLF arrives ;)

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The FSK chip in the Slice!!!!! 26650/18650 too!
Amen, I'd kill for an fsk squonk !
Am I bonkers enough for this thread. I posted this in another thread but I wanted to make sure I qualify for this thread. Here is my work area for my stuff. I have two tool boxes full of vape stuff and juice. Plus I just started DIY.
View attachment 89870
Awesome work area brotha :wave:

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Dude Super cool! Colors not my bag, but would love if you kept us updated on your build. You never kbow you might even sell a few of those to some of us bonkers azz squonkers ;)

Gotcha, that sucks. Enjoy that authentic, great little box always in my rotation.

My toaster design arrived from shapeways today but at work so no picks ATM, excited to get it together this evening. Make sure to get some picks when your TLF arrives ;)

Will do. I'm excited. Kind of cool you got the toaster. You post some pics and I'll do the same! Either way, you know damn well I'll post some lol.

View attachment 89870

We are all bonkers in our own way, as long as your a quonkin, you are welcome here!

Good start! Looks like your Bonkers
Qualified. Stick around here and it'll only get worse (or better) just depends on the way you look at it.
Here is my vape station,
b1c3a6b68a9b154539cf0dd9a0c7796a.jpg

Can't set up a vape station until my cat moves out of her room. Considering she kinda came with the house and seems healthy, no idea how old she is, might be a while lol. I love the lil shit to death, just not a cat person.

You two def have some nice vape stations though.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone had a MM510 just not work?

Got my replacement Molly in, and had to swap the MM510 with the one I had waiting for my Orca...Spring was crunchy and when I took it apart, the positive pin shelf that has the oring was super sharp and small metal flakes fell out lol

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone had a MM510 just not work?

Got my replacement Molly in, and had to swap the MM510 with the one I had waiting for my Orca...Spring was crunchy and when I took it apart, the positive pin shelf that has the oring was super sharp and small metal flakes fell out lol

I literally have one waiting for me at home in the mail. I'll report back once I have it installed.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 89870

Squonk well and don't be a dick, you will fit right in :D

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Usually try to charge as I use them but I've been slacking and had to charge them today. I have 30+ batteries so I can go a while without charging if I'm lazy.

I hate to admit but I'm the same, I've been known to leave them on the charger unattended.

I usually charge my batteries while I sleep in a Trustfire TR02 charger :bomb:

VU Sponsors