Squonkers are Bonkers

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That brass is taking on a nice patina, Lucy.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just woke up form a nap.
Hadaly is ok to me but I like the goon, Oatty and even the Shift BF better,
To me the Oatty is great with dual 2.5 mm 26gs ss coils in it.

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I always have at least four squonkers loaded at all times.....:vino:

4...im ashamed of myself..definitly gonna slim down on squonkers.good thing is that 2 of mine are homemade and a few clones.do have 2 tmods though....thier kinda like hotrods...ya never get out of them what ya have in them.the v1 derringers Tom sold did have a spinning centerpost but he fixed them if ya sent them back.been usin mine from when they were first put on the market and they work great.

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's a shitty pic of a Pico Squeeze, CV and a REO Grand LP for comparison.

I really like them all. The Pico feels a little cheap and I hate the little light, but for under $20, it is an awesome and tiny little bastard. I have 2 Coppervapes and my Reo may be better, but not by much. I parked the Reo for a bit as I am having fun with the CV's and Pico.

8D8D33E8-A128-44EB-8C4F-CE31C0EE3F4A_zpsv64hrara.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been drooling over the REO mods page, I'm afraid I'd have to sell some of my stash to raise the cash for the P67.
All these pictures, thank you all. Trigger was pulled, now the waiting game begins.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The CVmod is a bit shorter than the Dripgbox 2 and .5 inches less in width with nice rounded edges. VERY comfortable to hold.
Will take pic tomorrow. Wife has camera somewhere....

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've been drooling over the REO mods page, I'm afraid I'd have to sell some of my stash to raise the cash for the P67.
All these pictures, thank you all. Trigger was pulled, now the waiting game begins.

You know, these CVs are so good, you almost don't need an REO. I do like the side squonk on the CV better, but a proper atty is a must.

At some point, I'm going to upgrade the guts on one of these and they will be a forever squonker

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Softer than say, the CV standard bottle, nowhere near as soft as a real Italian bottle.

The hole in the aluminum cap is smaller than the typical tubing on the CV, REO, etc.
Are they really aluminum? The originals are stainless steel.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Are they really aluminum? The originals are stainless steel.

I'll be darned - they are stainless. Just checked and it is weakly magnetic

Just assumed the top caps were aluminum because they are so cheap, lol

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You know, these CVs are so good, you almost don't need an REO. I do like the side squonk on the CV better, but a proper atty is a must.

At some point, I'm going to upgrade the guts on one of these and they will be a forever squonker
Problem with the REO is that parts cost a fortune IMO. I recently bought a new door, a few bottles, springs, positive contacts and screws and it was almost $100. Nuts when a bag of CV spare parts is under $2 and bottles are standard 10ml ones I can buy for 20-30c. The only weak point on the CV that I can see that isn't currently a simple part order from China is the feed pin.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well these clones are serviceable so far but are certainly not even close to a real Italian bottle

Just have to wait and see how they last

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seriously, would making the switch blade out of sterling silver, fine silver or argentium make a difference?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@BreSha6869 , was that you in the FT forum? Did you get your mods yet? Which parts kit should I order? V1 or V2?
I dunno I got an alum one from FT and it took the V1 repair kits.
I would say order your CV and then figure it out and order the kits.
V1 has a skinny shank on the switch and V2 has a fatter shank.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Not the clones.

Not those two - but, the quality is higher than the clones. I believe they'll last much longer than the dollar equivalent in the same amount of clones in this case.

I got a clone first. It is broken already and I can't figure out how. The top cap is out of true and will no longer fit on the deck

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not those two - but, the quality is higher than the clones. I believe they'll last much longer than the dollar equivalent in the same amount of clones in this case.

I got a clone first. It is broken already and I can't figure out how. The top cap is out of true and will no longer fit on the deck
Hmm have 2 clones and no issues thus far.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Should be getting my BF 99 and Hobo Drifter clones any day.
Last 2 ordered.
And then my second Dripbox 2 should be in soon as well.
And nothing else ordered.

got a bottle of Real Flavors Black Raspberry flavoring in.
Kinda leery as it smells like cough syrup....

Hi guys, I just wanted to check in with you with a first impressions of the bag of stuff I got from FT. I'm going to focus on the negatives because that's what I tend to notice first.

First, FT shipped it all in a padded envelope. I would think with a $160 order they would have shelled out for a box, but no.

The coppervapes look good but the buttons are crunchy with play in them. I'm hoping sanding the button hole will solve the crunch issue but the play is kinda.. um... the ergonomics of the squonk cut-out is definitely nicer than that of the Reo, but that bottle does seem very stiff. Also my button top batteries auto-fire so I will go hunt down some flat tops. For me a nice switch is a critical aspect of the vape experience. Aluminum heavier than an Reo but feels good to hold. Both the aluminum and brass CVs came with blemishes that Reo would have sold at a discount. I have not actually done any vaping on them yet

The DDP Typhon clone is meh to me. Vapes okay but meh. I'd definitely be disappointed if I shelled out for the real deal.

The Ohman Pancake clone also gets a meh from me. It's okay and vapes great but I'm not sure the radical design contributes anything meaningful to the vape experience. It has given me greater appreciation for my authentic Ohman 16mm genisis which I think I'll take out of the drawer and give another go-around. What Ohman brings to the table is his choice of materials, which the clone doesn't copy.

The Origen Little clone is sick. Looks great, vapes great, punches ahead of its weight class. Makes me want to bore out the catch-cups on my VV grands. I don't have the tools or the know-how to do that.

The Odis O-atty clone is amazing. Looks great, vapes great, easy to build on.

I haven't given the Chtulhu Hastur a go yet.

I built all coils using the materials and know-how I already have. That's simple single or dual 28ga coils. 1/16 using RxW and 1/8 using KGD. I'll fool around with these attys in the coming weeks as I learn to build more modern coils

Thanks guys for all your contributions. I'll probably pick up a BF-99 and a non-LP Goon clone with my next order. And two more Origen Little's if I can find somebody to mod my VVGs

SJMY machining is great, both the 316 and Ultem. That said, the pancake I ordered didn't come with a BF pin. I'll have to work on this.
The Typhon deck has spots with inadequate plating/PVD in the corners

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my Hobo Drifter clone in.
Have to order a squonk kit now since that sucker has what must be a 2mm 510 pin in it.

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey mi amigos, I have a Tsunami 24. Love it. Anyone have a troll v2? Come with a pin? Like it?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Notice of unboxing :D
Got this in yesterday. Had to modify a bit because the outer edge of the negative post catches on the oring up inside the topcap. A bit of filing with a micro file set fixed that problem. Pay careful attention to the sharp corner where the wire slot is milled in.

Will fire up later today. just by sucking on it it may well be a nirvana item for those that like butthole tight draws.
wide open is it far tighter than any other atty I have and that is wide open.

SXK BF-99 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
18mm, SS, Silver (SXK) / SKU: 6463900

VU Sponsors