Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New project... Open source 21700 mech
ordered print to test in cheap white nylon... Will make one in alumide if all comes out nicely. Maybe 2 colors to mix/match. Might be fun, kinda like a curvy half mod

More designs and downloadable files here: https://apluswork.jimdo.com/downloads/
53cdb63ed055b5c89d1cbfd5d022c32b.jpg
0f8f509899fd6e0ace8062073642b168.jpg
df37a0d9a6c44a4f5b406a05f9d0a164.jpg
That looks pretty cool,looking forward to your thoughts on it when you get it.Would definitely look good in Alumide,the site that he lists in the assembly guide has different colors of alumide and will do this mod for just over $20,but they are in the U.K.,so shipping to me would be $15 but it's UPS 2 day delivery.I usually use Shapeways,but may go with the other place for the colored alumide.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Does this mean you got the refund?
Yes finally, they let everyone get ahead of me inn line first then refunded me. They promised me many times I'd get it way before release. Oh well I'm just happy to get something.
Im thinking of mixing the colors but the only thing that sux is the pics I saw had the S/N on the door. I was going to switch doors and trade/sell one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That looks pretty cool,looking forward to your thoughts on it when you get it.Would definitely look good in Alumide,the site that he lists in the assembly guide has different colors of alumide and will do this mod for just over $20,but they are in the U.K.,so shipping to me would be $15 but it's UPS 2 day delivery.I usually use Shapeways,but may go with the other place for the colored alumide.
Yeah, i ordered from i.materialize.com. they have locations in EU and US. Alumide was cheap but not in US so more for shipping and longer turn around. I figured I'd give it a shot with the nylon (still nice SLS print) for $20 shipped to my door in about a week. Alumide will run ~$40 shipped in ~2 weeks... Still cheap :)
Ordered my magnets, already have mm510 and material for contacts... Now just waiting. I'll let y'all know

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes finally, they let everyone get ahead of me inn line first then refunded me. They promised me many times I'd get it way before release. Oh well I'm just happy to get something.
Im thinking of mixing the colors but the only thing that sux is the pics I saw had the S/N on the door. I was going to switch doors and trade/sell one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Then I better contact them too!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I need one too can't find in the states I'd hate pay shipping for one tip. Cost half as much to ship lol.

Check these out. They slip right over most of the atties with that little raised 510 step. Not a bad price and shipping is reasonable since their US-based.
http://mainstreamvapor.com/?v=7516fd43adaa

Interesting...

The Sig tips appear to be a little wider at the top though, which is what I got used to

The Sig Ultem is a little less wide than the Sig chameleon on the Hadaly

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dan (Mr. Analog Box Mods) gives you the option to have him build it for you. Since I haven't soldered in almost 30 years, I had him put it together for me. Dan charged me $30 Canadian to assemble, total price including shipping to me in Ontario was $150 Canadian, including an extra squonk bottle.
How do you go about having them assemble it for you, I didn't see that option available.

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How do you go about having them assemble it for you, I didn't see that option available.

I emailed Dan and told him what I wanted. He sent me an invoice for the entire amount. Alternatively you can choose all your options, check out and leave a note in the comments on check out that you would like it assembled. Dan will then send you an invoice for the assembly separately.

So I figured was just easier to email him and get a total invoice.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I emailed Dan and told him what I wanted. He sent me an invoice for the entire amount. Alternatively you can choose all your options, check out and leave a note in the comments on check out that you would like it assembled. Dan will then send you an invoice for the assembly separately.

So I figured was just easier to email him and get a total invoice.
Got it! Thank you.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
About $ 100 or 2 more than I have right now....

Heh, likewise. Tomorrow's payday, but I gotta buy the ol man a BD present, he'll be 65 yrs old on the 22nd.

Andria

ETA: good thing I didn't write what I'm getting him, he walked in here to kiss me g'night just as I was about to save. :giggle:

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got it! Thank you.

Still loving it almost a week in. My first 20700 mod, and with a Sanyo 20700B the run time is amazing, Vaping around 420-470F and it just goes on forever.

Haven't been pissed off at it yet. Usually in the first week the honeymoon is quickly over and the regret sets in. Not so with this mod.

I think he's doing an 18650 version as well now.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
As predicted - am in DHL hell

DHL hell.jpg

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hell, I thought all you guys buying shit for obscene prices from FB were independently wealthy, I mean what's a $100 or 2, right? :rolleyes:

:teehee:
Andria

Shit, I wish. No more warehouse work would be sweet. Living down in the Caribbean would be sweeter being a cook on a charter boat

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yo funnyfarm!!

Checked in with Paris earlier to find out I have the next two days off....yeeehooo!
So my big plan is to hole up and catch up on Stranger Things...and load up a couple carts in anticipation for Black Friday. Such a silly thing to look forward to but I'm stoked. Aaaahhh zee simple pleasures.
Oh yeahh! Laundry too!!

For the sales I'm keeping it pretty simple for myself... mainly the Dotsquonk & matchy DotRDA, and inevitably a bunch of doodads I don't need from Fasttech.
Mannnn I haven't screwed around on Fasttech in ages, tomorrow will be a BIG day.. Ha... bring onnn the drip tips MF!

Also kinda thinking about picking up the Kayfun Prime, doubt it will be discounted anywhere but it's been seducing me since the release. Pulled some of my mechs out of retirement and have a couple more waiting for me from a member here, so a shiny new Kayfun would be fun. I haven't rocked one since my ol' Monster V2's which are around here somewhere...
Been collecting some key pieces and vaping less & less, so it's nice to have a bit of everything for every vaping mood. If anyone sees a good buy on the authentic Prime, lemme know mates!
Heads up @So619Cal ...if I pull the trigger, I'm gonna commission some basic little Kayfun coils from ya dude ; ))

My big focus for Black Friday is to get some cool starter rigs to convert a handful of friends away from smoking. If it was possible I'd buy a dozen Target Mini's and Nautilus X's, a mess of replacement coils & a sh!tton of 15ml bottles of good strong juice and make some fun-paks to mail out to them. These folks are total 'form over function' types and aren't keen on cigalikes or the vaping world in general, so a stealth and stylee pocket/purse rig might do the trick. That exact set up and the Artery Nugget kit is what ultimately made me fully quit.
They kinda give me sh!t about vaping, in a funny way of course... But if I can get my foot in the door I know they'll have a ton of fun and it will become a hobby for them too. Annnnd they'll fcuking quit!
So sick of burrowing my face into what seems like some disgusting cushion of a stale dive bar when I give them a hug!
Before ya know it they'll be building and squonking too. Muah haa haaaa

What's on everyone's Black Friday list?

Cheers!

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
New Hexohm maybe, definitely some flavorings and that’s about it as I’ve kinda bought everything I want before the sales. Maybe some new squonk bottles if there are any deals.

Wouldn’t mind getting the Noctum & Opus to finish off the Ocultus set from 67 but doubt I see any

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly? I'm clearing out my equipment! Lol planning soon to sell my first kod: tarot nano for a revenger mini lol. Then selling all my rta and rda for more squonking shit except I'm looking to buy siren v2 mtl. Waiting on legit review for capo squonk seen one of my favorite YouTube reviews and he likes it. Which makes me like it more lol. But we'll see about the fuchai squonk. As for squonk rda... I think I'm pretty setup with mine: a Haku this, a entheon clone that, my ijoy rdta mini is my go too portability along with the revenger + siren v2 (swap them back and forth) and.. Want unique drip tip!! I have clear acrylic, black delrin and ultem.. Time for some resin dt or something unique ^^. Other then that... Computer parts lol

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, i ordered from i.materialize.com. they have locations in EU and US. Alumide was cheap but not in US so more for shipping and longer turn around. I figured I'd give it a shot with the nylon (still nice SLS print) for $20 shipped to my door in about a week. Alumide will run ~$40 shipped in ~2 weeks... Still cheap :)
Ordered my magnets, already have mm510 and material for contacts... Now just waiting. I'll let y'all know
Cool,i didn't realize they had a US location,that would explain the $15 2 day shipping,i thought it seemed a bit cheap for that option from the UK,yeah the turn around if i ordered yesterday said it wouldn't ship until the 29th if i ordered in alumide.$20 shipped for the nylon is a great deal,i may go ahead and order 1 of those,then get the alumide later.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone know if 2FDeal ever has any coupon codes or black Friday sales? I got some stuff in my cart and was just wondering if I should wait.

Sent from the Twilight Zone!
They're kinda new to the game, I guess wait and see? I usually find the stuff I want and put it in the cart at two different places and wait for the sales....

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Checked in with Paris earlier to find out I have the next two days off....yeeehooo!

You don't happen to work on an oil rig do you? I only ask because the wife has a cousin named Paris, that's what he does. He also cooks up a mean and tasty Old World style sauerkraut. It takes him near a month to get it ready to perfection as he likes it. He fixed it one year for a family reunion and I had a heaping bowl of it, wife said if I thought it was so good I should have gotten seconds. I told her it was alright, rare treat, besides I had no more room.

Black Friday? Not sure I'll be doing buying of too much, as per usual nature finances run light. The wife authorizes me to buy an authentic Digiflavor Drop RDA. She watched the review video on it too and told me it was just too damn slick to pass up. She doesn't vape but likes to see doing well with vaping, keeps me from cigarettes, her ulterior motive. I don't spend but maybe a tenth of what I did smoking on vaping and enjoy the vaping more.

Well, better go get my dogs looked after. Need to also later go take one to see the doc to be sure he's all up to date and such. He's my ankle biting Patter-dale Terrier. Wife thinks he may even be near pure bred despite having been a foundling. He's been given a letter to be my service dog, so i joke with him and tell him he got drafted.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You don't happen to work on an oil rig do you? I only ask because the wife has a cousin named Paris, that's what he does. He also cooks up a mean and tasty Old World style sauerkraut. It takes him near a month to get it ready to perfection as he likes it. He fixed it one year for a family reunion and I had a heaping bowl of it, wife said if I thought it was so good I should have gotten seconds. I told her it was alright, rare treat, besides I had no more room.

Black Friday? Not sure I'll be doing buying of too much, as per usual nature finances run light. The wife authorizes me to buy an authentic Digiflavor Drop RDA. She watched the review video on it too and told me it was just too damn slick to pass up. She doesn't vape but likes to see doing well with vaping, keeps me from cigarettes, her ulterior motive. I don't spend but maybe a tenth of what I did smoking on vaping and enjoy the vaping more.

Well, better go get my dogs looked after. Need to also later go take one to see the doc to be sure he's all up to date and such. He's my ankle biting Patter-dale Terrier. Wife thinks he may even be near pure bred despite having been a foundling. He's been given a letter to be my service dog, so i joke with him and tell him he got drafted.

Nope mate, in this case meaning Paris the city, I'm in media/marketing & design with zee Fronch.
Love me some sauerkraut, in fact one of my favorite things to eat when I'm working over there is 'choucroute de la mer' - fish & mussels with sauerkraut in a beurre blanc (white wine & butter) sauce. DeeFNlicious.
Thanks for the reminder, maybe try and make that for Thanksgiving.
And cheers for the Drop reminder too.. forgot about that one.
Hava a great day and enjoy yer dog-time, my runt of a chihuahua needs to get 'drafted' too.. I'd be an absolute wreck without him.
He's the dudiest dude of all dudes....
:hamster:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm in media/marketing & design with zee Fronch.

Ah, I zee youz wiz de Fronch and go to Pairee. Knew a few French who bought out the last place I worked here in the States. They wanted more market leverage for a fruit squeeze snack product. The company president's son was excellently cute, well mannered too, unlike so much of the stereotypical rudeness most "yanks" would expect.

Yeah, my dog Shrek the "Mighty Dog" he is keeps me leveled out. He's a curmudgeon so fits with me nicely. :) The other three are to be "farmed out" due to needing to move in the near future. I've been kind of "holding back" a little with them of late due to that. It'll be hard enough to let go.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yo funnyfarm!!

So my big plan is to hole up and catch up on Stranger Things...and load up a couple carts in anticipation for Black Friday. Such a silly thing to look forward to but I'm stoked. Aaaahhh zee simple pleasures.
Oh yeahh! Laundry too!!

For the sales I'm keeping it pretty simple for myself... mainly the Dotsquonk & matchy DotRDA, and inevitably a bunch of doodads I don't need from Fasttech.
Mannnn I haven't screwed around on Fasttech in ages, tomorrow will be a BIG day.. Ha... bring onnn the drip tips MF!

Also kinda thinking about picking up the Kayfun Prime, doubt it will be discounted anywhere but it's been seducing me since the release. Pulled some of my mechs out of retirement and have a couple more waiting for me from a member here, so a shiny new Kayfun would be fun. I haven't rocked one since my ol' Monster V2's which are around here somewhere...
Been collecting some key pieces and vaping less & less, so it's nice to have a bit of everything for every vaping mood. If anyone sees a good buy on the authentic Prime, lemme know mates!
Heads up @So619Cal ...if I pull the trigger, I'm gonna commission some basic little Kayfun coils from ya dude ; ))

My big focus for Black Friday is to get some cool starter rigs to convert a handful of friends away from smoking. If it was possible I'd buy a dozen Target Mini's and Nautilus X's, a mess of replacement coils & a sh!tton of 15ml bottles of good strong juice and make some fun-paks to mail out to them. These folks are total 'form over function' types and aren't keen on cigalikes or the vaping world in general, so a stealth and stylee pocket/purse rig might do the trick. That exact set up and the Artery Nugget kit is what ultimately made me fully quit.
They kinda give me sh!t about vaping, in a funny way of course... But if I can get my foot in the door I know they'll have a ton of fun and it will become a hobby for them too. Annnnd they'll fcuking quit!
So sick of burrowing my face into what seems like some disgusting cushion of a stale dive bar when I give them a hug!
Before ya know it they'll be building and squonking too. Muah haa haaaa

What's on everyone's Black Friday list?

Cheers!

Anytime homie...think the smallest I can make is 1.2-1.4mm coils... I might do some single wire practice on the Haku today... try to wire wrap a dual or triple vertical coil lol...those are a bitch...have to wrap clockwise then counter then clockwise again...been a long time since I tried one of those... basically 3 - 1.8mm - 2.4mm... all in 1 continuous loop

Black Friday for me is just DIY and some Nic.

Already Finished with X mas shopping since we truly have 364 days to prep for that, buy and stash from wife. Rest get gift cards, except for our god children, we go all out on them...lil boogers actually e-mail us and have a list ;) but its all good, love them as our own.

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I'm looking into that drop rda as well but that's if I got a high wattage squonker.

VU Sponsors