Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There isn't a coil that will perform much better than simple wire in terms of battery life... mass alone dictates this ;) Its the compromise one must weigh to justify a possible better vape or definite loss of battery life.
That's what I figured :l I'm happy with my cheap easy to diy coils. If i want something more extreme 6 wrap parallel 26g is quite nice :)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like coils these .27 are yummy i will never say no to coils nom nom nom

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was pretty confident you would like the coil that was in the Flave, even though you asked me to build some at .16ish for you... None of the ones I made you will be the same as the simple fused in the Flave currently... I'll whip ya up some more so you can have some back ups for the foreseeable future...6 coils should last ya a year ;-)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Jesus in that case I may not ever need cotton/rayon for quite sometime.

Yep and my son has been helping me use it since July. :D

Here's what I wanna know... if he's helping me use up supplies and helping me make a mess... why isn't he at least helping me clean up the mess???? :giggle:

Andria

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
S21 next to Pulse for comparison. Might offer these to y'all out there after a successful complete build. Have to check license... But I'm also looking into modeling something of my own, possibly a switchfet mod... Any interest?
293ff574c93334ade7c0062da93bdf10.jpg
323403cf1cfb67bc716e897b9937e431.jpg

Count me in for a Switchfet!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried to show the differences I noticed and point out a few things which I believe would be important... I do think the Authentic is better, but I also believe the clone to be a worth while value. A great value for an out and about beater! Which my Pico/Ha-klone is.

Although I am vaping the Pocket Clone now...I don't think I'll do a write up on it... I did 5 ultrasonic passes on it...scrubbed it with a toothbrush...rinsed it under warm water and it still has an off taste to it. Not machine oil taste anymore, but a plastic taste...I fear the black insulator is just plastic...find out later after a few tanks and I tear it down again... running a simple single wire build at .31

its a pretty bitchin lil rda minus the off taste thus far. Hope that changes ;) If not into the trash it goes lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried to show the differences I noticed and point out a few things which I believe would be important... I do think the Authentic is better, but I also believe the clone to be a worth while value. A great value for an out and about beater! Which my Pico/Ha-klone is.

Although I am vaping the Pocket Clone now...I don't think I'll do a write up on it... I did 5 ultrasonic passes on it...scrubbed it with a toothbrush...rinsed it under warm water and it still has an off taste to it. Not machine oil taste anymore, but a plastic taste...I fear the black insulator is just plastic...find out later after a few tanks and I tear it down again... running a simple single wire build at .31

its a pretty bitchin lil rda minus the off taste thus far. Hope that changes ;) If not into the trash it goes lol
From the FT forums, I get that the yftk clone has the insulator from a different material .

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
From the FT forums, I get that the yftk clone has the insulator from a different material .

Indeed... The YTFK Pocket uses what looks to be regular peek...and the Ulton Pocket ( the one I have ) looks more like the authentic...albeit uncertain of the material.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I need to be in wattage/power mode correct.
Oh and the coil I'm using is reading 0.14 which I'm running at 60 watts.

EDIT : Eek it now reads 0.33ohms...odd.

Ah I get it now... Yeah the unpulsed fused claptons will read higher at first, you have to low pulse the hot spots out ( <20w) then the resistance will settle...you want to make sure you remove said hot spots on the coils...running them with hot spots for any long duration will cause the coils to melt at the point of the hot spot. And yes Power mode.

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Those that have made Caramel Waffle Cappuccino and NY Cheesecake, what percentage did you mix it at? I see on the site it recommends 15%.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Those that have made Caramel Waffle Cappuccino and NY Cheesecake, what percentage did you mix it at? I see on the site it recommends 15%.

is their flavor boost liquid really thin? like if it was all flavoring no vg?

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah it says 100% PG. I mixed it @15% and will post results once it's steeped.
Curios to hear how the 15% works out.I just got the 3 30ml juice bundle from them yesterday,i couldn't pass it up for $2.99 haha,and that Caramel waffle cappuccino is fantastic,now i just have to wait until they restock the concentrate so i can grab some of that.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah it says 100% PG. I mixed it @15% and will post results once it's steeped.

Their mixes are what 80/20?

100-3(Nic -PG)=97-80(VG)=17%

17% for a 120ml bottle would be 20.4ml

Probably wouldn't really noticed 2% overall :D

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Their mixes are what 80/20?

100-3(Nic -PG)=97-80(VG)=17%

17% for a 120ml bottle would be 20.4ml

Probably wouldn't really noticed 2% overall :D
Is this the same formula if I use 3% vg based nic? Probably a dumb question.
I mixed @ 80/20 using the above nic solution.

raineysky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not machine oil taste anymore, but a plastic taste

Yeah, on the Entheon clone with hadaly written on the side I have to bend the coil leg nub up after I cut it or the vape will taste like shit. The trapped leg is sitting too close to the insulator otherwise. It's a eminence funk

whodat2112

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now who's pimpin' ?
LOL wish they would send me a free one :)
Had to buy 7 or 8 with my own money.

Vapin one as I type, on a Pico Squeeze with a .35 SS316 parallel coil in it.
Yummy.

Todd says it is a very good atty and for the money the best ever.
Of course he convinced me to buy a Wanko.....
Let me rethink this....

@mt01631

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I mixed it at 12%, 13.5% & 15% and 15% was pretty much spot on. The Sauce said all their mixes are anywhere from 10% to 15% so you at least know the upper range to start at and after you've let it sit for a week and vaped it you can tune it to the flavor concentration you like.

Second batch I dropped to 14.5% and gave it 0.5% of FA marshmallow to try mellow out the cappuccino. Not a big fan of coffee vapes but CWC is a favorite anyway. I think I like batch #2 best.

I think they probably mix at 85% but I like 75% most of the time so that's what I mixed it at. That part is just personal preference really.

That juice needs 4 weeks to get really good IMO. Even with their secret steeping process, to me it continues to get better weeks after it's showed up at my doorstep.

Last edited:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I use ny cheesecake at 7-8% in a shake and vape. Any less and I can't really taste it, any more and I can't really taste it! Lol flavors are weird
It does get stronger with age but I don't think I've had a bottle last longer then a week.

Edit.... nvm think I'm lost

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep and my son has been helping me use it since July. :D

Here's what I wanna know... if he's helping me use up supplies and helping me make a mess... why isn't he at least helping me clean up the mess???? :giggle:

Andria
No clue.Maybe he's just 1 of those messy people like me.
Clothes on floor - Check
My desk looks like a bomb went off nearby - Check
But my hands are so clean I could perform open heart surgery - Big Check

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No clue.Maybe he's just 1 of those messy people like me.
Clothes on floor - Check
My desk looks like a bomb went off nearby - Check
But my hands are so clean I could perform open heart surgery - Big Check

Sounds pretty similar -- my house looks like an explosion at a rummage sale, but I can't abide anything sticky or greasy on my hands. Sadly, I have a raging case of dishydrotic eczema, so I have to endure gold bond eczema relief+hydrocortisone cream on my hands, or they itch unbearably, then crack and bleed.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah I get it now... Yeah the unpulsed fused claptons will read higher at first, you have to low pulse the hot spots out ( <20w) then the resistance will settle...you want to make sure you remove said hot spots on the coils...running them with hot spots for any long duration will cause the coils to melt at the point of the hot spot. And yes Power mode.
Yeah I think I remember (Vaping With Vic) mentioning that a few times.As well as (Phil Busardo).
I know 1 thing I'm for sure going to have to keep my mustache & beard trimmed for squonking purposes LMAO!
I can still taste that (Jam Monster - Apple) from last night LOL!
It got my big hillbilly face all sorts of sticky.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Curios to hear how the 15% works out.I just got the 3 30ml juice bundle from them yesterday,i couldn't pass it up for $2.99 haha,and that Caramel waffle cappuccino is fantastic,now i just have to wait until they restock the concentrate so i can grab some of that.
Seems I missed a sale.Fuck me running!

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aaaand???????
So far so good! I feel like I'm going to need a nice refill bottle to get through the day just so I don't have to remove the bottle to fill at work.

My build is a dual fused 26g ss316l fused Clapton with 36g kanthal wrap. .12 ohms. Flavor is good on this rda and so far is the best bang for the buck vape I've experienced..... but I've only vaped 3mls through it so we will see how my thoughts change as I use it.

Review to come once I get adequate time with it!

Reason I went for Athena was the size, styling, and locking function. It is the best lock I've seen on these budget squonker.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I liked it when I first got into rebuilding...now all I use is da bacon... Dry hits on rayon is pure death...death...like super glue in your Peter hole death

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I prefer the kendo gold I believe it is
Edit... although I have 10 bags of bacon I use as well! Lol it was my fav for awhile. I feel the kendo is less prone to get messed up if I dry hit it on accident. Although I don't do that much anymore with squonking.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Question for the Squonkers out there

Which would you get?
I am looking for ease of build, DTL, Nice airflow. Not really concerned about single or dual coil.

https://www.gearbest.com/rebuildable-atomizers/pp_673294.html Dead Rabbit
https://www.gearbest.com/other-atomizers/pp_698160.html Pulse 24
https://www.gearbest.com/rebuildable-atomizers/pp_635185.html Pulse 22
or
https://www.gearbest.com/rebuildable-atomizers/pp_1046600.html?wid=21 Bonza

Thanks in advance.
For me I'd go with the Dead Rabbit.
It looks so dang easy to get a coil on the thingy...Just do it already!

VU Sponsors