Squonkers are Bonkers

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I'm pretty sure I had a good time in the 80's.
I know for a fact I had a good time in the 70s and I have a beautiful daughter to prove it.

They're made in Mexico actually.And have been for quite some time.
They're made in Malaysia too. Whenever you buy Levi's always look at the tag. I bought 2 pair of 505s from the same store, same size style and everything. One pair was fine, the other pair the pockets were so shallow I could barely get my hand in them!

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I came of age in the late 70's. First car, first real girlfriend, first job. By the 80's
I got a hankering for some adventure. Signed up as 11b1p, humped and jumped, low-crawled my way through amtu sniper school, competed 2 years all army rifle competition for 504thPIR/82abn. We took 1st in 85, 2nd in 86.Good times... we had Reagan and Soviets. And I've got the tinnitus to prove it.

Not a klutz I've just had lots of bad shit happen to me over the years.
Had a halo jump go completely sideways and pear shaped on me back in 1989.Which pretty much killed my military career.

Ever since I joined in this thread, I was picking up on a vib from you that appealed to me but couldn't put my finger on it. Now I get it... similar backgrounds. I wasn't nice back then either. Fact is, I was mean as a snake (pardon the pun), but that was almost a requirement to be good at the job in that environment. Sometimes I feel a bit of nostalgia for those times but I'm content with my present life. Contentment can be a blessing. No halo for me bro, maybe 30 static line jumps, strickly T10 and -1, or whatever the one that had 2 holes and toggles for steering. Sorry to hear about the kneecap.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In 79 I was sporting a crew cut and was wearing camies or a dress uniform.Which I lost both of years ago.Luckily I still got most of my medals.Although I never show them to anybody ever.My current life is so much better than back then.I was not a nice person back then.Not that I'm a nice person now either.But never mind all that back to squonking.
79 I was sporting navy blue on the USS Carl Vinson in Persian gulf. Yea we fucked with that area way back then too.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Question for the Squonkers out there

Which would you get?
I am looking for ease of build, DTL, Nice airflow. Not really concerned about single or dual coil.

https://www.gearbest.com/rebuildable-atomizers/pp_673294.html Dead Rabbit
https://www.gearbest.com/other-atomizers/pp_698160.html Pulse 24
https://www.gearbest.com/rebuildable-atomizers/pp_635185.html Pulse 22
or
https://www.gearbest.com/rebuildable-atomizers/pp_1046600.html?wid=21 Bonza

Thanks in advance.
I only have the bonza out of that list and love it on my pulse. Simple to build, deep deck, tons of airflow, I love it.

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
79 I was sporting navy blue on the USS Carl Vinson in Persian gulf. Yea we fucked with that area way back then too.

In 79 I was a freshman in high school. Man those were some good old days. In 83 I was wearing camo and singing the Marine Corps hymn and marching up and down the parade deck. Those were some good days too. I would think we were all different people back then.
With age comes wisdom, for most anyway... Lol, and we tend to mellow out a bit. But I wouldn't change a thing about my life. The experiences we go through is what makes us who we are.

Sent from the Twilight Zone!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Seriously?! I’d be irritated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They are notorious for stealing peoples written reviews and such... there was a huge thread on reddit about it recently... I find it flattering that my lame attempt at a review was worthy enough to be publicized even on a small blog'ish website... being it was only aimed for the few peeps within this thread that was on the fence about buying it.

They did link to the thread in which I wrote, and they credited it to me...so only thing to be upset with is if it garnishes them a ton of traffic to where they make thousands of dollars...to which gimme a slice ;)

Edit: sorry was vaping vibe that I was thinking who would take others reviews etc.

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I came of age in the late 70's. First car, first real girlfriend, first job. By the 80's
I got a hankering for some adventure. Signed up as 11b1p, humped and jumped, low-crawled my way through amtu sniper school, competed 2 years all army rifle competition for 504thPIR/82abn. We took 1st in 85, 2nd in 86.Good times... we had Reagan and Soviets. And I've got the tinnitus to prove it.

Ever since I joined in this thread, I was picking up on a vib from you that appealed to me but couldn't put my finger on it. Now I get it... similar backgrounds. I wasn't nice back then either. Fact is, I was mean as a snake (pardon the pun), but that was almost a requirement to be good at the job in that environment. Sometimes I feel a bit of nostalgia for those times but I'm content with my present life. Contentment can be a blessing. No halo for me bro, maybe 30 static line jumps, strickly T10 and -1, or whatever the one that had 2 holes and toggles for steering. Sorry to hear about the kneecap.
Sounds similar to some of my experience.I got the nickname (SNAKE) early in life.From my mom believe it or not.So my brothers started calling me that,then my friends.And before you could blink it was just who I was.
The kneecap was an incidental injury.I was taking part in a (Widowmaker Hill Climb) and the big arse superbike came down on me hard and my damn patella popped right out.Just like a pop-top cap.
I've managed to break each of my legs multiple times.Both arms.All of my knuckles on both hands too many times to count.
I've been shot stabbed and poisoned.I'm still here.That's all that really counts...Cheers!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope,you didn't miss it,they are still running the deal i got,it's 3 30ml,caramel waffle cappuccino,open road,and capone for $2.99 if you use the code Tasty,it's only for new customers though,so if you've ordered from them before it probably won't work.I just seen they are running 75% off 120ml bottles too.
https://thesaucela.com/collections/...ce-la-ejuice-best-sellers-30ml-unicorn-3-pack
Boom and thanks.
My total was $ 6.53 with taxes and shipping...Not too shabby!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In 79 I was a freshman in high school. Man those were some good old days. In 83 I was wearing camo and singing the Marine Corps hymn and marching up and down the parade deck. Those were some good days too. I would think we were all different people back then.
With age comes wisdom, for most anyway... Lol, and we tend to mellow out a bit. But I wouldn't change a thing about my life. The experiences we go through is what makes us who we are.

Sent from the Twilight Zone!
In 83 I was Panama I think.The 80's are bit fuzzy to be honest.So are most of the 70's lmao!

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When i get time later will try out the clones of DS mod + goon 1.5 rda an
Entheon bf RDA
Maybe Do a quick side by side of
V1.0 Hussar RDA bf an
Hussar RDTA bf Clones
4a3813ce2ad9b3ab2af00d36851613c7.jpg
3aa42e83acff31572fea23e32a396c70.jpg
baaf592a1eed284c783fa108044853b9.jpg
cbfb362e20735b1ad663c9a281772098.jpg
a86922938371626994e089bab12525f1.jpg
d0b9a6d9f67ec57836305fee08017960.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well all you bonking squonkies I'm off to bed or to play WoW if I can't sleep.Thought I'd leave y'all with a song.And in the immortal words of (Tim Reid) "Goodnight my children"

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have a question about which RDA you guys like best for squonking. I normally use claptons in both single and dual coil, rarely use TC, and usually stay between 40 & 80 watts. I'm looking at the Dead Rabbit, Druga, and Pulse(22 & 24)

And if anyone would help with a mod too, I'm torn between the VT Inbox and Hotcig RSQ

Sent from my LG V20 using Tapatalk

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a question about which RDA you guys like best for squonking. I normally use claptons in both single and dual coil, rarely use TC, and usually stay between 40 & 80 watts. I'm looking at the Dead Rabbit, Druga, and Pulse(22 & 24)

And if anyone would help with a mod too, I'm torn between the VT Inbox and Hotcig RSQ

Sent from my LG V20 using Tapatalk
If you only use Wattage probably rsq.

Love my pulse and inbox but dna can overwhelm some people.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you only use Wattage probably rsq.

Love my pulse and inbox but dna can overwhelm some people.

Not sure I understand this. I'm probably gonna get the VT Inbox when I finally buy a squonker, but why not the Inbox if one uses wattage? I mean, wattage is wattage, regardless of what mod it is.

Andria

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure I understand this. I'm probably gonna get the VT Inbox when I finally buy a squonker, but why not the Inbox if one uses wattage? I mean, wattage is wattage, regardless of what mod it is.

Andria
I bought the inbox specifically for Tc. I've got a wraith and mechs for wattage. The inbox wattage only 1 watt at a time. Not like the 9.5 you use. It's either 9 or 10. I'm sure you've already researched that though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I bought the inbox specifically for Tc. I've got a wraith and mechs for wattage. The inbox wattage only 1 watt at a time. Not like the 9.5 you use. It's either 9 or 10. I'm sure you've already researched that though.

Crap! I'm glad you told me; that totally disqualifies the Inbox then, just like the SteamCrave. What total fucking idiots. So then, I have no farking clue what squonker I'll get, because I really don't like the looks of any others all that much, and most regulated squonkers are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY out of my budget. I may have to get over the idea of ever squonking. :cry: I love sigelei mods,. but I read that the Sigelei squonker's LOWEST setting is 10w. Yeah, I could go with that if I made 2.5 ohm coils, but what a pain. *sigh*

Andria

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crap! I'm glad you told me; that totally disqualifies the Inbox then, just like the SteamCrave. What total fucking idiots. So then, I have no farking clue what squonker I'll get, because I really don't like the looks of any others all that much, and most regulated squonkers are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY out of my budget. I may have to get over the idea of ever squonking. :cry: I love sigelei mods,. but I read that the Sigelei squonker's LOWEST setting is 10w. Yeah, I could go with that if I made 2.5 ohm coils, but what a pain. *sigh*

Andria

That’s why the RSQ was suggested. It’s in the $50-$70 ballpark.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
Well what I mean is if you don't do tc just Wattage there are alot more options but it's hard to beat dna for tc if you don't mind tinkering with it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That’s why the RSQ was suggested. It’s in the $50-$70 ballpark.

I think it's too small to be comfortable for me. I won a Pico (non-squonk), and it's entirely too small to be anything but fumbly.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well what I mean is if you don't do tc just Wattage there are alot more options but it's hard to beat dna for tc if you don't mind tinkering with it.

TC is useless when you vape at 9.5w, and also can't stand any metals other than kanthal for vaping.

Andria

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok I am certain my Arthritic hands says I am done for the day...

2.5mm+ coils I can tension fairly well...micro coils make the hands hurt.

Nothing fancy made just fused...

2-sets made for a Haku and Flave

Set of each for a Goon and Apocalypse (pre-bent)

Set for Dead Rabbit(straight)

2 sets of single claptons for a Kayfun V4 (regulated)

1 pair micro coils for Kayfun v4 mech (used as pair)

Never built a Kayfun, so assuming higher ohms, left the legs long so you can wrap around rather than through.

b9733a1a642cb2fbb38b52b68d537af6.jpg

These will be mailed out tomorrow, post office is open, but mailing today or tomorrow = same delivery time since last pick up was at 2pm

Stockton CA bound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Cant that just be changed via escribe though , to implement wattage scaling in different decimals my VT inbox goes in 0.1 of 1w 0.2 of 1w ect up to 2w an so on
It is A DNA board so everything can be fine tuned via escribe

0ceaf846bfb237bd85374d9f1ab54c60.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am totally stoked... my Garage Mod is finished and will ship tomorrow from Greece. Be great if that arrived by Christmas.

SWEET! You have to show pictures, I so like the way their mods look... and the chunky thick Juma Doors... my goodness...

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Clone of the DS goon bf mod
Got it built Vaping like a trooper,
Very thristy on dual coils compared to the one/ single coil sqounker rda,s im used too.
Used a atty spacer under RDA for that little gap thats present
f8226a4494654349f3247ca019a51672.jpg
fa1562f6125100d8e71519b53452e04d.jpg

Last edited:

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria
@benley73 beat me to it, but you can set the Inbox to go in 0.1, 0.2, 0.5 or 1W increments.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very thristy on dual coils compared to the one coil im used too.

There’s a gap on a mod and atty that sold TOGETHER IN A KIT?! WTF?!

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Very thristy on dual coils compared to the one coil im used too.

How's the clone working?
I read that Custom 528 discontinued the Driptech due to poor sales... Looks good on the scumbags.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cant that just be changed via escribe though , to implement wattage scaling in different decimals my VT inbox goes in 0.1 of 1w 0.2 of 1w ect up to 2w an so on
It is A DNA board so everything can be fine tuned via escribe

@benley73 beat me to it, but you can set the Inbox to go in 0.1, 0.2, 0.5 or 1W increments.

Well that is EXCELLENT news! Thx guys!!!!

I always say my preferred vape is 9.5w, but actually my Minibooks are most often to be found at 9.6w. :D The VT Inbox is a little more than I normally wanna pay for a mod, but it's a squonker, and it has replaceable panels, and I am ALL about the matchy-matchy. ;) Also it has that DNA thing which I don't currently really understand, but apparently it's a to-die-for feature. :D Nice to know the Inbox actually could suit me VERY well. :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You’re too picky for your own good!

So I've heard, but, in the immortal words of Popeye... "I yam what I yam." :)

Andria

(ETA: you shoulda seen me in 2014, trying to find a Virginia flavor that tasted like VA Slims and NOT like rotten celery!)

VU Sponsors