Become a Patron!

Story about E-Cigarette related death on Facebook

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did a little digging on the web. Her hubby's facebook page is also locked from receiving public comments. Didn't find an email but address and phone can be readily found on the 'net by searching hubby's name.

note: not promoting harrassment, just providing info

Last edited:
I never thought to look. Either way, if their friend actually DID die, we shouldn't phone them about slandering vaping. Just discredit everything she said publicly.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I suspect friend might have died and then someone in friend's family said something ignorant and she then got it even more mixed up and it went from there.

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I suspect friend might have died and then someone in friend's family said something ignorant and she then got it even more mixed up and it went from there.

I think that is likely what happened too. Her and her group of friends (I know I am going to get shit for this) where sitting around yapping like "some" older women tend to do and someone jumped to the conclusion that the e-cigarettes caused her friends problems. She then made her facebook comments to warn her friends. I don't think she had any idea it would be shared 75,000 + times and piss off every vaper on the internet.

Remember this is an older woman, and from the looks of it her husband is a Retired Marine. She deserves a little slack and her husband deserves allot of respect. People need to take that into consideration before they think about harassing them on line.

Edited to remove offensive comment to older ladies.

Last edited:

VapeLikeALady

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was thinking that so called friend might have advanced copd or something of the likes, and not a bit of vaping knowledge, put some stupid shit in her vape (like something with oil) and yada yada yada

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ive come to the conclusion that vaping has caused issues with my love life..."hold on honey just one more vape"..." let met me just try this one last flavor first"..

Turns out my batteries have come up missing in the meantime...just wish i knew what that buzzing sound was coming from the bedroom.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_msxfa5BjdA1si4skdo1_500_zps39f60873.gif

ColeGirl1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think that is likely what happened too. Her and her group of old lady friends (I know I am going to get shit for this :D)
where sitting around yapping like old women and someone jumped to the conclusion that the e-cigarettes caused her friends problems. She then made her facebook comments to warn her friends. I don't think she had any idea it would be shared 75,000 + times and piss off every vaper on the internet.

Remember this is an older woman, and from the looks of it her husband is a Retired Marine. She deserves a little slack and her husband deserves allot of respect. People need to take that into consideration before they think about harassing them on line.
Take it easy with the "old lady" stereotype. You're talking about me.
- an old lady vaper

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My apologies for the stereotype, I edited my comment.

VapeLikeALady

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I disappear for a few hours and you guys go nuts. Glad to see a sense of humour. I think I'm gonna like it here.

I'm a convert too. From way back- you will love it here. Now grab your vape, some juice and stay a while. Someone will not be by to get your order, you are welcome to help yourself to the refreshments. Oh and any drama bullshit must be checked at the door for proper disposal.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I think that is likely what happened too. Her and her group of friends (I know I am going to get shit for this) where sitting around yapping like "some" older women tend to do and someone jumped to the conclusion that the e-cigarettes caused her friends problems. She then made her facebook comments to warn her friends. I don't think she had any idea it would be shared 75,000 + times and piss off every vaper on the internet.

Edited to remove offensive comment to older ladies.

About a year ago, I heard through the grapevine that a good vaping buddy of mine had died.

As I knew where he worked (Radio Personality) I called his station late at night right after I heard of his death, left a message for the station manager introducing myself as a friend of his co-worker and asked to be called with any details including funeral home info.

The guy called me back the next day. My friend had died suddenly of a heart attack at home. Then the dude told me that he thought it was do to the "Damn E-Cigs" that he was always puffing on.

Pissed me off no end but I kept my thoughts to myself under the circumstances.

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry to hear about your friend @UncleRJ

I suspect someone told the lady on Facebook something similar and she went with it.

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If that ever happens to me, I would hope the ones close to me would remember that I've worked like a dog on my feet since I was 16, have some pretty bad eating habits, have what seems to be a terminally high stress level, and the only exercise I get is at work. Any and all of the above would cause my heart attack long before vaping.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If that ever happens to me, I would hope the ones close to me would remember that I've worked like a dog on my feet since I was 16, have some pretty bad eating habits, have what seems to be a terminally high stress level, and the only exercise I get is at work. Any and all of the above would cause my heart attack long before vaping.
I won't let them forget it
tumblr_mleyhlhxTq1rr3eejo1_500_zpsa86bdd1b.jpg

zpedd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I live in New Brunswick on the east coast of Canada and when I was working at the shop the other day i had 5 customers bug me about whether or not they're gonna die from vaping... its people like this woman that make it hard for the vape community to continue to grow... what a shame.

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have had pneumonia over a dozen times and have COPD and have been vaping for over 4 years. Now I don't know who is trying to bull shit who but that is a joke. This is someone trying to stir up trouble.
You do know vaping isn't good for your copd right?

One of my friends just shared a story on facebook that a woman from Florida posted last week.

This is what she wrote word for word:

"Just returned from our neighbors memorial service. She died of suffocation, the oil from the vapor ciggaretts coated the folliculs in her lungs. The Dr's at Mayo could not remove the oil. She was only 67. Beware of vapor and E-ciggaretts."

Later in her comments she wrote:

"Please share, that was the purpose of this post. Who knew, she thought the vapor ciggaretts would be better than smoking. The Mayo Dr's said her lungs were clear otherwise."

It has been shared over 50,000 times since June 27, 2015. Has anyone heard anything about this woman in Florida supposedly dying from e-cigarette oil coating her lungs?
It's crazy that you posted this in what June or July of last year and I just NOW got this post (my aunt tagged me in it). I've been doing a ton of research on this and what I've found out is that she came up with this crazy story so her nephew or someone would quit smoking/vaping! I haven't called the Mayo Clinic myself, just to see what they will say to me, but I intend to in Monday. Will keep you posted if I find anything out that's new.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's crazy that you posted this in what June or July of last year and I just NOW got this post (my aunt tagged me in it). I've been doing a ton of research on this and what I've found out is that she came up with this crazy story so her nephew or someone would quit smoking/vaping! I haven't called the Mayo Clinic myself, just to see what they will say to me, but I intend to in Monday. Will keep you posted if I find anything out that's new.

Was done already:
http://www.snopes.com/2015/07/07/e-cigarette-death/

No reports from the clinic about it and the ladies post is the *only* source of the event on the internet.
If it was legit, there would be plenty of news articles about it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I called the clinic myself and actually got through the first week of this article and I posted my findings. They said they didnt have anyone that needed care for any lung type issues in the past 2-3 weeks and they have never heard of the woman from the article. When I informed them of the article they couldnt believe what they were hearing and seemed pretty stunned when they heard oil covered the lungs" from a simple ecig. They were floored by the things that were posted, they were being bombarded with calls about a woman that never as in their care, and they havent treated anyone with lung type issues during the weeks stated in the article.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was thinking she sat above her kerosene heater and was breathing deep all night and when she felt like shit she blamed her "Ecig Oil" but it wasnt recorded anywhere so it never really happened...MAybe she went to the Hellmanns clinic for mayo...

I called the clinic myself and actually got through the first week of this article and I posted my findings. They said they didnt have anyone that needed care for any lung type issues in the past 2-3 weeks and they have never heard of the woman from the article. When I informed them of the article they couldnt believe what they were hearing and seemed pretty stunned when they heard oil covered the lungs" from a simple ecig. They were floored by the things that were posted, they were being bombarded with calls about a woman that never as in their care, and they havent treated anyone with lung type issues during the weeks stated in the article.
I didn't see your post, sorry. But I think it just shows that some people will go to extreme measures to get their family members to quit smoking/vaping lol. I mean hell, my aunt tagged me in the post hoping to scare me and that's when I started looking into it.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking she sat above her kerosene heater and was breathing deep all night and when she felt like shit she blamed her "Ecig Oil" but it wasnt recorded anywhere so it never really happened...MAybe she went to the Hellmanns clinic for mayo...
the Hellamn clinic are a bunch of hacks...the Best Food clinic is more cutting edge on the Mayo front.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I didn't see your post, sorry. But I think it just shows that some people will go to extreme measures to get their family members to quit smoking/vaping lol. I mean hell, my aunt tagged me in the post hoping to scare me and that's when I started looking into it.
Trust me if Ejuice could kill you from inhaling it I would probably be the first dead on this forum. I regularly vape over 1300mls every 2-3 weeks and many who vape wont vape that in a year. Im as healthy as people that have never smoked and I feel healthier then I have been in over 13 years of smoking, I have been off smokes for just about 3.5 years now.

Here is a pic from the other thread showing how much juice I received one week and the empties of the juices 2.5 weeks later, it blew alot of peoples mind but I really didnt think using that much was crazy...I guess Im the only one, it could be because of how I vape and what I use to do so though...
Juice 1.jpg Empty Juice.jpg

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trust me if Ejuice could kill you from inhaling it I would probably be the first dead on this forum. I regularly vape over 1300mls every 2-3 weeks and many who vape wont vape that in a year. Im as healthy as people that have never smoked and I feel healthier then I have been in over 13 years of smoking, I have been off smokes for just about 3.5 years now.

Here is a pic from the other thread showing how much juice I received one week and the empties of the juices 2.5 weeks later, it blew alot of peoples mind but I really didnt think using that much was crazy...I guess Im the only one, it could be because of how I vape and what I use to do so though...
View attachment 39121 View attachment 39122
what do you eat.....human blood.....600 ml a week?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ahhh.....
Yea you wont go through much over 5ml a day with that type of setup, so you wont have anything to worry about...
These are the type of builds I use to vape with: LINK

Some of my Hardware also:
Carbon Wrap Wolfs .jpgTFV4 Family.jpg
Ally My Gear.jpg

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Or Me, for vaping it for almost 6 years:eek::D

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Ray's vapemail

stack-of-55-gallon-fuel-drums-at-deadhorse-north-slope-of-alaska-D9YAMG.jpg

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I found Arddy's phone number and email address in less than 30 seconds.

Seems like this is a real woman, which is baffling. Why would anyone who goes viral with this level of nonsense leave their personal information so easily available? Maybe no one has bothered her about it outside FB.

VU Sponsors