Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I don't have a VCMT, but my Aromamizers are all boxed now :). I don't have a VCMT either. I'm pretty broke right now so new gear is on hold, unfortunately.
You dont want a VCMT...trust me on that one..I sold mine, the wicking is never "great" and it either leaks or dryhits, the deck is larger then the Griffins but then the Barrel/chamber is smaller then the Griffins...Its juice control is also a after thought. The tank is not worth half of its price.

If you are buying one, turn around and walk out of the room without the phone/PC

Maybe the 30mm is decent but the 25mm isnt worth it.

Last edited:

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Very long and tiring shift today, literally dealing with life and death issues, but I came home to my Boreas filled with a delicious horchata/Apple pie flavor from my LVS. I gotta say, Roxy, this thing hits the spot. The flavor is BETTER in this tank than my RDA. I get zero spitback and since it's a very sweet juice, the sweetener doesn't get directly in my mouth and is way more pleasurable.

I have wicked it with KGD just like you do in the tutorial and I get a touch of leaking for a few puffs after filling. It then subsides. I'm sure it's due to pressure gradient and the fact that the wicking is so efficient that the wicks are always fully saturated. I'm only using the 2mm hole deck and vaping .3ohm around 70w with 2 airholes. Otherwise the performance is beautiful. The airflow is smooth and 'swooshy' without turbulence. The flavor and vapor is dense and satisfying.

I'm really excited to try new builds and wicking and push this thing to the limits. Roxy, you've got a winner and I hope it all works out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jefx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Its good to see Roxy here! .... I banned ecf and made them delete my account after your fiasco. Anyway, I went with the Supreme over the Boreas, but it wasn't anything personal. I only allow myself to buy one piece of vape gear per month.

I will probably be grabbing the Boreas in the next month or two. Im glad it's such a success. Hopefully your hard work will result in a future payday.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I'm getting some crap from people who don't believe I wasn't paid. Whatever. I did it for something to do and was grateful to have the opportunity. I have no money. I couldn't do it on my own. I've been sitting here for 7 years rotting. I have chronic pancreatitis and can't work anymore. So I am just happy to accomplish something!

My mother is mad at me that I wasn't paid. She screamed at me for an hour yesterday. And my ex husband showed up to terrrize me because he's insane.

I have gone through every emotion there is the past few days.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I thought SubTank Supply was out of stainless, their not....just bought another.

He did tell us he thought he might have a few, but then I thought he didn't. Guess he found some.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, I'm getting some crap from people who don't believe I wasn't paid. Whatever. I did it for something to do and was grateful to have the opportunity. I have no money. I couldn't do it on my own. I've been sitting here for 7 years rotting. I have chronic pancreatitis and can't work anymore. So I am just happy to accomplish something!

My mother is mad at me that I wasn't paid. She screamed at me for an hour yesterday. And my ex husband showed up to terrrize me because he's insane.

I have gone through every emotion there is the past few days.
I understand whats happening, all of the Software I made in my free time Ive done for fun and everyone I lived with bitched about me not earning from it and everyone else was thankful I did it free...you really got to only worry about what you thought was best....if not you'll just feel like shit and never move on from it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
boreas1.jpeg

BOREAS RTA TANK BY AUGVAPE
More details
In stock (98 items available)
  • $38.99

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm fine with my decision. I acted honorably and with integrity :). The people who don't believe it probably feel that way because they themselves are lying, greedy scum.
You have done nothing but help folks the last 1.5 years I've known you...it shocked me to think anyone would think differently.....:eek:

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One little weird thing I'm noticing, I like the stock drip tip, but the delrin sleeve is kinda loose and slips off pretty easily. Anyone else seen this, or is mine just a micrometer out of spec?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
One little weird thing I'm noticing, I like the stock drip tip, but the delrin sleeve is kinda loose and slips off pretty easily. Anyone else seen this, or is mine just a micrometer out of spec?

Your the first person whose told me that. I can ask about getting you a new one. Try some superglue in the meantime. Its safe. Its actually what's on Molehole Mountain drip tips.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Your the first person whose told me that. I can ask about getting you a new one. Try some superglue in the meantime. Its safe. Its actually what's on Molehole Mountain drip tips.
Mine does the same thing but I kind of like it like that, I was looking for wider tips to slip on it...maybe even a custom sleeve! There isnt anything holding it on besides friction and when it gets hot and juice gets in between the sleeve and metal it can be pulled apart...its doesnt just fall off and it doesnt come off with your lips but it can be pulled apart like the 5ml Diablo Tip can....I dont see it as a issue just a possible custom sleeve adapter :cool:

aldenf

Member For 5 Years
Epic release! Congratulations, @roxynoodle !!! You deserve every accolade you get. Boreas owners are going to have to get into DIY or buy stock in an e-liquid company. Epic, I say!

To heck with the wads over at ECF. Most of the mods are besides themselves over this stinking drama, along with many of your friends and supporters. You're in good company here too. HeadInClouds and wllmc (over in DIY) jumped ship almost two years ago over unnecessary, stupid drama.

Now, what I want to know is when can we expect the Merlin? :D

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Epic release! Congratulations, @roxynoodle !!! You deserve every accolade you get. Boreas owners are going to have to get into DIY or buy stock in an e-liquid company. Epic, I say!

To heck with the wads over at ECF. Most of the mods are besides themselves over this stinking drama, along with many of your friends and supporters. You're in good company here too. HeadInClouds and wllmc (over in DIY) jumped ship almost two years ago over unnecessary, stupid drama.

Now, what I want to know is when can we expect the Merlin? :D

It was supposed to be done yesterday. Leon was up all night though so he's been sleeping all day today.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Yeah, I'm not freaking out over it or anything, just more wanted to let it be known. I think I'll try a super thin sliver of something to fill the gap without permanently affixing it. Vapers are creative if nothing else.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mods over there ought to moderate with moderation. That is why VU is the shiznit and why I am here. Anyways, when will SS be back in stock?
I agree it can be over moderated over there but here I think it's under moderated at times. I would like more of a happy medium. I'm sure this statement will be met with disdain but it's just my opinion. Happy Easter to everyone!

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Mods over there ought to moderate with moderation. That is why VU is the shiznit and why I am here. Anyways, when will SS be back in stock?

When I looked last night you could preorder both black and SS. They will both ship from Augvape on Wed. So you could have it in your hands the following week.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You have done nothing but help folks the last 1.5 years I've known you...it shocked me to think anyone would think differently.....:eek:

I totally agree -- what roxy doesn't know about vaping probably isn't worth knowing! And ECF's loss is very much VU's gain, as well as all of us who've already gotten fed up with the fascists in that place. Let 'em rot!

They don't deserve you anyway, roxy.

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I totally agree -- what roxy doesn't know about vaping probably isn't worth knowing! And ECF's loss is very much VU's gain, as well as all of us who've already gotten fed up with the fascists in that place. Let 'em rot!

Andria
Couldn't have said that any better....!!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm just thrilled I came back here after making an account over a year ago...Once I noticed Andria MIA, I knew something was wrong. At first I thought you may have been ill, then the puzzle began piecing itself together.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So not to rehash old bullshit, but Im real interested in knowing the whole story behind the drama thing everyones talking about. Im not a member at ECF, never was, never will be, and from the sounds of it I wouldnt last 2 seconds lol. But I definitely like a good story and would love to hear the full story of what went down. If yall dont wanna post it here for obvious reasons, PM me.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, I just ordered the Boreas. So...do I just come to you directly for a refund if it sucks? :p kidding of course.

But damn, I kept telling myself "Wait til next payday, just wait til next payday, you can do it, self control is a totally realistic goal", but Im an addict, and its not lol. I cant stop ordering shit. I think Im more addicted to online shopping at this point than I am the nicotine. Its just fucking insane how much Im just blowing on vape shit. Between vaping and guitars, I could have bought a brand new car. I need help.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So not to rehash old bullshit, but Im real interested in knowing the whole story behind the drama thing everyones talking about. Im not a member at ECF, never was, never will be, and from the sounds of it I wouldnt last 2 seconds lol. But I definitely like a good story and would love to hear the full story of what went down. If yall dont wanna post it here for obvious reasons, PM me.

I'm completely transparent! Here is a 30 second summation:

1. I designed Boreas with Augvape. We had a huge thread with over 25k views.
2. On Wednesday the gestapo over there deleted the whole thread and disabled my account.
3. They made a new rule that designers are suppliers so they could say I was an unregistered supplier. The new rule didn't exist until the next day though so I broke it before they made it!
4. Thursday they issued me an ultimatum that either Augvape or I could register as a supplier, and the other's account must be closed. I replied telling them what I did, what I thought of this, and told them to close my account.
5. Last I knew my account was still in limbo and they are pretending I didn't answer.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Also, I just ordered the Boreas. So...do I just come to you directly for a refund if it sucks? :p kidding of course.

But damn, I kept telling myself "Wait til next payday, just wait til next payday, you can do it, self control is a totally realistic goal", but Im an addict, and its not lol. I cant stop ordering shit. I think Im more addicted to online shopping at this point than I am the nicotine. Its just fucking insane how much Im just blowing on vape shit. Between vaping and guitars, I could have bought a brand new car. I need help.

I have a lot of guitars too, lol!

Well, I didn't get paid for this, so if it sucks I'll do my best to help you, but I'm nearly in poverty at the moment.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Andria

I was worried, too, that something had happened to you.

Then someone told me.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

In my case... around the first of Feb, I got a "rule reminder" from classless, informing me that any further remarks about people being trolls or stupid or idiots would result in a suspension. So I'm like, yeah ok, whatever. 3 days later, I was suspended by retarded1, for a post I had made ON JANUARY 21, to someone that hadn't been a smoker, but he said he had vaped "herbS." Plural, not the singular stuff that's verboten. People were giving him a bunch of crap that if he hadn't been a smoker, he shouldn't vape nicotine; I told him he was a grownup, he could decide for himself if he wanted to vape nicotine or herbS or whatever, and retarded1 decided that I was talking about the singular verboten stuff, and that I had "had plenty of warnings," so he suspended me for 3 days. I certainly was NOT talking about the singular verboten stuff, because when the OP said herbS, I thought he meant the questionable vaping of herbS for medicinal purposes; I sent a msg via the contact link to ECF protesting the suspension... and THEN was royally insulted when I got a reply back from retarded1 which said that I "wasn't fooling anyone." First off, I have no reason to try and "fool anyone," since I WASN'T discussing the verboten material, and 2nd off, I don't give a shit what they think anyway, so insinuating that I was trying to "fool" someone was basically just calling me a liar. So I pondered the whole situation for the 3 day suspension... and when it was over, I decided, fuck them and the horse they rode up on, and came over here, where I had joined in June 2014 but never came back. And haven't regretted that decision one iota.

Andria

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a lot of guitars too, lol!

Well, I didn't get paid for this, so if it sucks I'll do my best to help you, but I'm nearly in poverty at the moment.

Word, coming from a guitar obsession to a vaping obsession isnt too bad. Where I used to buy a couple $200 boutique effect pedals every couple weeks, or a new $500-$1200 guitar every now and then, now Im just buying vape shit which is much, much cheaper lol. I like having nice shit no matter what Im currently into.

I could talk guitars all day, Ive got a big collection of pedals, a half dozen nice guitars, a couple nice amps (one super rare) and even started building my own guitar. Its been my thing for over 15 years.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And sucks to hear about the drama behind the whole thing. Sounds like you just wanted to make a dope product to satisfy peoples wants without necessarily profiting from it and then some cocksuckers tried to extort some money from you just because they own a semi popular forum geared toward a relatively obscure hobby. Fuck em, sounds like a place nobody would want to be anyways. Who wants to tiptoe around arbitrary rules and have to kiss ass to powerhungry mods with over inflated egos while hoping they arent on the rag and about to have a hissy fit and ban you?

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't mean to detract further from this thread, but holy cow...The word 'Vaping Underground' is censored over at the teabag forum! WTF is with that? You can circumvent this by adding an extra space between the words, or by typing VU, but still...Amazeballs at that type of censorship :eek:

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Broke down and pre ordered the black one. I told myself to wait for the Merlin. I went a little overboard on tanks in the last month or so. 3 tfv4's, 3 serpents and a bachelor. I guess I couldn't ignore the great feed back that the Boreas has been getting. Didn't help that Roxy posted that picture of a single coil on the Boreas. Now to wait for the Merlin.

HD

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Broke down and pre ordered the black one. I told myself to wait for the Merlin. I went a little overboard on tanks in the last month or so. 3 tfv4's, 3 serpents and a bachelor. I guess I couldn't ignore the great feed back that the Boreas has been getting. Didn't help that Roxy posted that picture of a single coil on the Boreas. Now to wait for the Merlin.

HD
It's not how many tanks, it's how many of each one lol :D. Seriously though, I've come to the conclusion that with so many great tanks being released almost daily, it's probably best to get just one of each. Not always an easy thing to do, I know since I have two Billow V2's and two Bellus's :D. I've decided going forward no matter how much I might like the tank atm, a new improved version is right around the corner, so just get one.

Cheers,
Steve

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Filled my Boreas in the morning yesterday. Vaped it all day. Woke up just now, still have plenty of juice in the tank to get me through my morning coffee.

8ml is the greatest thing ever.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Filled my Boreas in the morning yesterday. Vaped it all day. Woke up just now, still have plenty of juice in the tank to get me through my morning coffee.

8ml is the greatest thing ever.

Im happy more then 15 minutes with it...maybe a half hour until I have to refill it...I was kind of sick of refilling the Griffin and VCMT every 5/15 minutes

VU Sponsors