Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Devilon

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My Boreas arrived today, unfortunately it arrived with 3 broken o-rings, Luckily I have a good supply of o-rings and managed to find one that fits.:)

Being a little bit adventurous I stuck on a couple of clapton coils on, wrapped them round a 2.5mm rod.
Now vaping at 0.6ohms at 50watts and boy does this tank delivery on flavour !!:wub:

I just glad that I mix most of my juices as I think I'm going to vaping this beast almost continually.:):)
This is defiantly a keeper, and very tempted in getting another one. :):)

So thanks again Roxy for your input in the design of this awesome tank, makes me wonder how good the Merlin is going to be :)

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So I'm vaping at break this AM & I decide I need a little more air because my DIY Apricot Cheesecake was tasting a little heavy (which has never happened before)! So I think I open it up to 3 "half" holes & IT GOT TOO HEAVY! I had actually done 3 "1/4" HOLES! LOL! OOPS! Point is I've never had any device that produced too much flavor! Of course I've only had tanks with AFC not both! I'm really considering going & buying some of the premade juices that were ok but lacked in flavor strength! Oh yah this all happened with dual 316SS Fused 6wrap 3mm ID .13ohm on the 2mm hole deck!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The O rings are a disaster! I mentioned before that the second base came with a broken O ring, but this morning the O ring on my main base just snapped as it was sitting on the counter LOL (I've never touched it either!) I gave in and ordered some, because there was only one replacement in the package - and I don't want to be without my tank:p

c flakes

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This was a point I made to Oliver. You HAVE an exemplary track record at ECF. You're a prolific poster, have never treated anyone disrespectfully and helped countless noobs/challenged get the most from their hardware. You did NOTHING wrong and weren't even accorded so much as a token discussion before they acted. By (co)designing the Boreas and Merlin, you only added street cred/value to ECF. Who better to help a member with their Boreas build than one of the designers? Had you been making a financial profit off of these endeavors, we would be having a very different conversation.

I still haven't found out whose decision it was but I will not rest until I do. ECF belongs to Oliver (who seems like a nice enough guy). But he earns income off of the resources of the many vapers who make the forum what it is. Even the mods aren't paid. His vaping.com hasn't been updated in almost a year. The ECF community deserves better respect, especially the elite, such as yourself, who have made the forum what it is. If this is the way respected members can expect to be treated, our time is better spent elsewhere.

Well put.

Roxy

How many Merlin's should I get.

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The O rings are a disaster! I mentioned before that the second base came with a broken O ring, but this morning the O ring on my main base just snapped as it was sitting on the counter LOL (I've never touched it either!) I gave in and ordered some, because there was only one replacement in the package - and I don't want to be without my tank:p
My 2mm deck was sitting in the drawer doing nothing & when I pulled it out last night to wick it the oring was broke! I too have ordered more!

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My Supreme came today, finally. There are a lot of similarities, but also a lot of differences. I haven't built it yet because my refrigerator broke down and I needed to go get frozen food so I could eat.

Everything on the Supreme is smaller though. The deck, airflow, juice slots, and I think the chimney stem (but need to compare them). I was quite pissed the pins on the jc went flying across my kitchen when I disassembled it for cleaning. I have to say I think that's dumb that they come out unless there's some reason for it that I haven't discovered yet.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My Supreme came today, finally. There are a lot of similarities, but also a lot of differences. I haven't built it yet because my refrigerator broke down and I needed to go get frozen food so I could eat.

Everything on the Supreme is smaller though. The deck, airflow, juice slots, and I think the chimney stem (but need to compare them). I was quite pissed the pins on the jc went flying across my kitchen when I disassembled it for cleaning. I have to say I think that's dumb that they come out unless there's some reason for it that I haven't discovered yet.
They come out "for cleaning" so you can buy more when you loose them ;)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It took me half an hour to find one!
I drop springs and screws all the time...There's still a Dos Equis Negative Contact spring somewhere in this room but Ive torn this whole damn room apart multiple times looking for it...I swear my walls and floor seriously eats the things I drop...I hate small things as I have fumbley fingers and things just jump away from my hands when Im trying to take them out or put them back in....I need a VapeMat made out of a Neo Magnet...:D

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Oh, I didn't drop them. I always disassemble over a bunched up towel, just in case. I pulled parts apart and they were catipulted across the room!

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I was crawling around the floor with a flashlight and magnifying glass :mad:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I dont have a Magnifying glass but I do do the flashlight part lol

I like to lay the flashlight flat on the floor and it makes anything higher the ground level cast a shadow and stand out....just a tip ;)

I did. Still took forever. They were pretty far apart.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ok, well, my view of the Supreme is that its more like a little brother to Boreas than an equal, despite both being 25mm. Of course you can say I'm biased, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

I feel this way because all of these are smaller on the Supreme:
* Deck. I was expecting it to be bigger. I used 3mm coils, 28 x 2/32 Claptons. I did manage 7 wraps though.
* Airflow. This is the disappointing one for me. The outside slots offer significantly less, and the chimney stem is also smaller diameter. I actually just burned my lip at only 60W. I vape the Aromamizers higher than that.
* Capacity. I forget to measure, but I'm certain it wasn't 8ml like Boreas.
* Juice flow slots in the chamber. I didn't make a high vg juice to test it though like I did for the Boreas testing. It probably is capable of wicking it fine though within the confines of its airflow.

What I like:
* Machining is excellent
* The drip tip is much nicer than the Aromamizer ones I never used.
* Easy to build and wick (same as Boreas, just a smaller deck).
* The knurling is nicely done, and not sharp.

What I don't like:
* Those removable pins for the jc. Those were a total pita. Both when they flew out when I first disassembled, and when I put them back. There's only one spare so be careful.
* JC gave me some issues. First I was holding the top of the tank when I tried to open it, and instead began unscrewing the top instead of opening the jc. So then I tried holding it near the bottom and accidentally began unscrewing the 510 base. I probably should have lubed its o rings more than I did. Because otherwise everytime I fill this seems like its going to be a pain. Its a lot of moving parts and reminds me of the Kayfun 4.

But, all in all its a nice atty if you're not looking for huge airflow, or expecting a large deck on a 25mm RTA.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ok, well, my view of the Supreme is that its more like a little brother to Boreas than an equal, despite both being 25mm. Of course you can say I'm biased, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

* Deck. I was expecting it to be bigger. I used 3mm coils, 28 x 2/32 Claptons. I did manage 7 wraps though.
* Airflow. This is the disappointing one for me. The outside slots offer significantly less, and the chimney stem is also smaller diameter. I actually just burned my lip at only 60W. I vape the Aromamizers higher than that.
* Juice flow slots in the chamber. I didn't make a high vg juice to test it though like I did for the Boreas testing. It probably is capable of wicking it fine though within the confines of its airflow.

What I like:
* Machining is excellent

What I don't like:
* Those removable pins for the jc. Those were a total pita. Both when they flew out when I first disassembled, and when I put them back. There's only one spare so be careful.
* JC gave me some issues. First I was holding the top of the tank when I tried to open it, and instead began unscrewing the top instead of opening the jc. So then I tried holding it near the bottom and accidentally began unscrewing the 510 base. I probably should have lubed its o rings more than I did. Because otherwise everytime I fill this seems like its going to be a pain. Its a lot of moving parts and reminds me of the Kayfun 4.

But, all in all its a nice atty if you're not looking for huge airflow, or expecting a large deck on a 25mm RTA.
You're biased. :p

(you said I could). ;)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The flavor is better than the Aromamizer.
I hope your talking about the Supreme the Original Aromamizer was nothing but a Paper Weight to me....straight garbage with a side of knurling..After 20+ different builds in various sizes and types I found nothing wicked well, every draw would dry hit and even after drilling it out and adding extra wicking ports it still wouldnt wick....It was a throw-away-tank for me.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I hope your talking about the Supreme the Original Aromamizer was nothing but a Paper Weight to me....straight garbage with a side of knurling..After 20+ different builds in various sizes and types I found nothing wicked well, every draw would dry hit and even after drilling it out and adding extra wicking ports it still wouldnt wick....It was a throw-away-tank for me.

Yes, on the Supreme.

I do have 4 Aromamizers, and ran different builds in all of them. I've never had any issues with them, but obviously there were a lot of improvements that could be made. Its also fugly.

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks look like a great site, the only place I could ever find any o-rings was on fastech. Needed a few for my drip tips.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thanks look like a great site, the only place I could ever find any o-rings was on fastech. Needed a few for my drip tips.
They have pretty much every size, so stock up on what you need so you get the most for your shipping.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I bought an assortment of o-rings from The O-Ring Store.

But I don't remember the size for the Boreas. Roxy may know.
I asked her yesterday, they are 10mm ID x 1.2mm CS. (For the deck ones people seem to be having issues with).

Yeah, I've used the o-ring store before, back when I got my kayfun4 clones I ordered several of all the various sizes. Never really used them for the kayfun4s, but they have come in handy for other atties.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
No, someone measured it wrong!! Its actually 12 x 1!

I hope you guys see this. I just found out.

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are most of you buying the buna-n 70 type o rings or will silicone ones work with this application? I'm waiting on my Boreas through pre order. Thanks.

HD

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Gawd, I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. Can't believe it has the fan base it does! Bottom fill, horrible drip tip protruding knob idea, I have already lost several drip trips trying to use that POS on my motorcycle, just to have a drip tip come right out while taking it out of my mouth. And a RUBBER BAND for AFC?! Really? The posts are SO close to the edge, not only is shorting a major concern, but getting a WICK to fit in there too? And the worst part of all, It's a TANK, that leaks like an RDA when you forget for a second, and lay it on its side. Yeah, totally not a fan of THAT poor design.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Gawd, I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. Can't believe it has the fan base it does! Bottom fill, horrible drip tip protruding knob idea, I have already lost several drip trips trying to use that POS on my motorcycle, just to have a drip tip come right out while taking it out of my mouth. And a RUBBER BAND for AFC?! Really? The posts are SO close to the edge, not only is shorting a major concern, but getting a WICK to fit in there too? And the worst part of all, It's a TANK, that leaks like an RDA when you forget for a second, and lay it on its side. Yeah, totally not a fan of THAT poor design.
Its price tag was also steep, so your paying that just to be miserable...One of the reasons I started doing these reviews/comparisons.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Are most of you buying the buna-n 70 type o rings or will silicone ones work with this application? I'm waiting on my Boreas through pre order. Thanks.

HD
I always get the buna-n 70 type, but silicone ones would probably be OK too, might tear up more quickly though.

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always get the buna-n 70 type, but silicone ones would probably be OK too, might tear up more quickly though.

Thanks, I bought a bunch of various sizes a while back. The silicone has a higher temperature rating, if I remember right. Not sure if that matters in our application.

HD

Craaaaap... I just bought the 1.2s... I suppose i'll just use them and buy a pack of the right size when they all break lol

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I bought a giant load of the 1.2s as well to help.people. No clue what I'll do with those. I was suspicious over that measurement because they all appeared to be standard 1mm to me. Best I can figure is some of the attys may have come with the wrong o ring on them. Kind of explains why some people said it was so tight, and some of us haven't had any problems. That would be an assembler (or more than one) who goofed.

arth1981

Member For 4 Years

What I like:
* Machining is excellent

What I don't like:

I feel like the airflow is more turbulent in the supreme too. When I first started seeing people talk about turbulence in their airflow I thought they were full of shit until I experienced it in the supreme. Lol and yeah, the afc on the supreme makes no sense. 80% of the adjustment adjusts nothing. Lol only thing I wish I had on the boreas is just a little knurling on the top cap. Sometimes I end up unscrewing the whole top from the chimney and if I have juice on my fingers, forget it.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I feel like the airflow is more turbulent in the supreme too. When I first started seeing people talk about turbulence in their airflow I thought they were full of shit until I experienced it in the supreme. Lol and yeah, the afc on the supreme makes no sense. 80% of the adjustment adjusts nothing. Lol only thing I wish I had on the boreas is just a little knurling on the top cap. Sometimes I end up unscrewing the whole top from the chimney and if I have juice on my fingers, forget it.

I think they're going to add a bit. I wanted some originally. Not sure why they chose not to other than maybe the look.

VU Sponsors