The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Am I wrong to think I was a member long enough to have at least earned the respect of them asking me about it first? Or even responding to the email I was required to send?

At 11:30pm Wednesday everything seemed fine. I was watching TV. During commercials I was answering PMs and seeing if anyone on the Boreas thread had questions. I came back during the next commercial, maybe 7-8 min later and the thread was gone. And a big notice was pasted to me at the top that my account was deactivated.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Am I wrong to think I was a member long enough to have at least earned the respect of them asking me about it first? Or even responding to the email I was required to send?

At 11:30pm Wednesday everything seemed fine. I was watching TV. During commercials I was answering PMs and seeing if anyone on the Boreas thread had questions. I came back during the next commercial, maybe 7-8 min later and the thread was gone. And a big notice was pasted to me at the top that my account was deactivated.
I would of taken the forum down ;)

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did someone mention guitars?
View attachment 45161

Aww yeaaa, guitar time! Heres my collection (not including the dozens of boutique pedals or amps)

htbif5.jpg

Plus this one which is pretty new
21e18ns.jpg

The real gem of the collection tho is the '95 Fender Blues Deluxe amp, which isnt that big a deal normally, cept the one I got (for $300 on craigslist) is in a Blonde Tolex finishing with Oxblood grill cloth with the full name plate. They were only made for around 1 to 3 months as a special edition for something or other. But since these amps where bar room workhorses and beat to hell, Id imagine a lot of them didnt survive the last 20 years, let alone make it out mint like mine is. Total score for $300 from some guy who didnt know what he had.

aldenf

Member For 5 Years

This was a point I made to Oliver. You HAVE an exemplary track record at ECF. You're a prolific poster, have never treated anyone disrespectfully and helped countless noobs/challenged get the most from their hardware. You did NOTHING wrong and weren't even accorded so much as a token discussion before they acted. By (co)designing the Boreas and Merlin, you only added street cred/value to ECF. Who better to help a member with their Boreas build than one of the designers? Had you been making a financial profit off of these endeavors, we would be having a very different conversation.

I still haven't found out whose decision it was but I will not rest until I do. ECF belongs to Oliver (who seems like a nice enough guy). But he earns income off of the resources of the many vapers who make the forum what it is. Even the mods aren't paid. His vaping.com hasn't been updated in almost a year. The ECF community deserves better respect, especially the elite, such as yourself, who have made the forum what it is. If this is the way respected members can expect to be treated, our time is better spent elsewhere.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Everyone collects something, Guitars are nice...though I never took the time to learn how to play one.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Aww yeaaa, guitar time! Heres my collection (not including the dozens of boutique pedals or amps)

htbif5.jpg

Plus this one which is pretty new
21e18ns.jpg

The real gem of the collection tho is the '95 Fender Blues Deluxe amp, which isnt that big a deal normally, cept the one I got (for $300 on craigslist) is in a Blonde Tolex finishing with Oxblood grill cloth with the full name plate. They were only made for around 1 to 3 months as a special edition for something or other. But since these amps where bar room workhorses and beat to hell, Id imagine a lot of them didnt survive the last 20 years, let alone make it out mint like mine is. Total score for $300 from some guy who didnt know what he had.
I like that surf green strat. Been thinking about painting my tele the same color, well very similar, '57 Chevy green.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
HI All,

Here in the VU we have different sections where if your selling something you must use a particular selling section to start that thread, and it does not matter if your a vendor or what you are selling. A selling thread has to be in the proper section for selling. We have organized the forum this way to keep conversation sections separate from selling sections. There is a section for whatever vaping related you are selling.

http://vapingunderground.com/forums/services-offered.576/

http://vapingunderground.com/#trading-post.140

http://vapingunderground.com/forums/unlisted-vendors.170/

We have told our moderators to move threads accordingly, sorry if you feel otherwise but this how we keep the forum in order.

Have a great day, and Vape On.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Sounds good @SMOKIE. I don't think @VapeRN is selling this RTA, so the thread should be fine.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
If no sales are taking place or the mention of selling then our apologies, and the tread will remain in the original section. But if we get any complaints of also using the PM system for selling (with screen shots) for any thread in a non selling section we will have no choice but to move that thread.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, Smokie, I promise I haven't sold anything. Nor have I had any input in Augvape getting vendors or anything to do with their business. In fact, they don't even keep me in the loop, lol!
All good, sorry for any inconvenience, and thank you for being a contributing member here, vape on.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Me too, cept the gal part. If only Gibsons werent so overpriced I might have a couple. Still though, Im gonna buy an 05 Les Paul Faded Trad one day.
One day I hope to just own a LP studio, lol.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Welp, I have copies now. 84 Burny SG Lawsuit, Dillion LP, Jay Turser SG with P90s.

I had an actual Gibson SG I bought in high school, but my ex husband hocked it. The Burny is really nice though and just like it, so I'm happy.

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I dunno... I think you guys are talking about the wrong type of Claptons... :) Years ago i had a Fender Strat. Sold it to buy a girl a ring before I left for USMC Boot Camp. 6 weeks later I got a letter from her that she was dumping me and moving on to a new guy that was still at home. Wish I had kept my Strat...

jimbodaddy74

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got my SG for $350. It's a Gibson, and not a copy. The Strat is a Frankenstein from a Fernandes body with a Warmoth neck, all Seymour Duncan pickups, and a Kahler bridge. All of the internal wiring is aircraft grade shielded wire.

The cases are custom made by Rock Hard Road Cases.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I dunno... I think you guys are talking about the wrong type of Claptons... :) Years ago i had a Fender Strat. Sold it to buy a girl a ring before I left for USMC Boot Camp. 6 weeks later I got a letter from her that she was dumping me and moving on to a new guy that was still at home. Wish I had kept my Strat...
Wow, that's just sad. I have to believe you're better off. Sorry for your loss of your guitar.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Ouch man. Ive got a Fender US Standard strat and its the shit. Love it to death and unless I traded it for another US made Fender, I would never let go of it. But Im a vintage guitar freak, so I really am jonsing for a 50s style Fender strat. Something with the 2 tone sunburst and maple board and old school appointments.

A shop by my house always has lots of vintage stuff as the owner is a vintage gear dealer. One time they had a 100% legit 1956 Fender Strat (first year) and the sales guy let me actually hold it. It was a totally awesome and surreal moment holding that $25,000 hunk of wood when its what I was dreaming about. Totally cool and Ill not forget it.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok, well wow, just wow!!!! So I was too busy last night playing with my new tsunami to get to my Boreas which had also arrived yesterday.....why oh why did I wait!!?? This thing is beyond perfect! Plopped in some 26/32 staggered fused claptons and stuffed it full of cotton bacon, juiced up and wow! Everything about this tank is buttery smooth and beautiful! Amazing flavor, easy to use (even for a newb like myself), just plain awesome all around!

So, no brainer...order this tank. I'm gonna have to get a black one to keep this one company until it's time to snag the R/RTA!

Awesome work Roxy! Glad you're here with us now, and thank you for such an incredible work of art! :)

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ok, well wow, just wow!!!! So I was too busy last night playing with my new tsunami to get to my Boreas which had also arrived yesterday.....why oh why did I wait!!?? This thing is beyond perfect! Plopped in some 26/32 staggered fused claptons and stuffed it full of cotton bacon, juiced up and wow! Everything about this tank is buttery smooth and beautiful! Amazing flavor, easy to use (even for a newb like myself), just plain awesome all around!

So, no brainer...order this tank. I'm gonna have to get a black one to keep this one company until it's time to snag the R/RTA!

Awesome work Roxy! Glad you're here with us now, and thank you for such an incredible work of art! :)

I'm so glad! This is what it was about! And I told ecf this atty was more important to me than that forum would ever be.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using this for two days, and I'm beyond impressed - not a single leak once I figured out early on it needed a lot of wick! I haven't touched another tank in the last two days. The size is awesome, and I like the drip tip (the only one on my tanks I haven't needed to change). Good thing I DIY:p Time to put up some stuff for sale!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So Roxy, who

Sounds like Retarded1 or Classlesswife's style.

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been using this for two days, and I'm beyond impressed - not a single leak once I figured out early on it needed a lot of wick! I haven't touched another tank in the last two days. The size is awesome, and I like the drip tip (the only one on my tanks I haven't needed to change). Good thing I DIY:p Time to put up some stuff for sale!
+1 on the drip tip! I usually use a friction fit wide bore longish delrin in my tanks so I finally tried it expecting things to just be heaven & boy was I dissappointed! Instantly went back to the stocker & was back in vaping nirvana again! I am also very happy with the coils not being up in the tank inside the chimney like my MT or Griff! Got 5 days & numerous tanks off my aliens before they started tasting a little toasty! Normally in the MT or theGriff I get like 3 days before the juice in the tank starts getting dark & funkey but the flavor isn't off yet! I'm sure this doesn't happen in the Boreas because of the location of the coils! God I love this tank & @roxynoodle too for creating it!

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cant wait to get mine, gonna be a looong wait til they reup and ship em out. Ive just now gotten into RTAs and only have a Moonshot and the Alleria to play with, but I need MOAR!! Gimme dat Boreas, gimme that Griffin 25, gimme that Raymo RTA. Gimme em all. lol

But for real tho, really interested in playing with this one.

Unrelated, but figured its a good place to ask with all the rta heads here, anyone try the TF-RTA G2 or G4? The Smok TFV4 style RTA? That quad coil (G4) one looks pretty interesting to me. I love my TFV4s (Ive got 3 of them for fucks sake), wondering if I need to add the RTA to the collection.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Cant wait to get mine, gonna be a looong wait til they reup and ship em out. Ive just now gotten into RTAs and only have a Moonshot and the Alleria to play with, but I need MOAR!! Gimme dat Boreas, gimme that Griffin 25, gimme that Raymo RTA. Gimme em all. lol

Unrelated, but figured its a good place to ask with all the rta heads here, anyone try the TF-RTA G2 or G4? The Smok TFV4 style RTA? That quad coil (G4) one looks pretty interesting to me. I love my TFV4s (Ive got 3 of them for fucks sake), wondering if I need to add the RTA to the collection.
I don't know about that TFV4 RTA, the G4 deck looks interesting to me, but not in a good way, doesn't look like much room for coils.

Suppose it would still be better than that time I put quad coils in a Goblin mini, lol.

Devilon

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Glad I signed up here, I'm still waiting delivery on my Boreas tank, but after the fiasco over at ecf I was a little bit downbeat after they decided to do the dirty on Roxy, but I'm glad to see that you are now over here and putting that awful ecf mess behind you.

Now for the wait for the Merlin, sounds like another one I will have to add to my list.
And thanks Roxy for all the effort you must have put into making both of these tanks :)

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Don't know what the G2 or G4 are but the stock RTA & the RCA are kinda weak! IMHO the Octo-Clapton is the best coil for the TFV4! But the Boreas still beats it hands down!

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Don't know what the G2 or G4 are but the stock RTA & the RCA are kinda weak! IMHO the Octo-Clapton is the best coil for the TFV4! But the Boreas still beats it hands down!
Check it out, I guess its just the TF-RTA, not what I called it in my last post.

http://www.smoktech.com/atomizer/tf-rta

They have renders of the different decks on the site.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check it out, I guess its just the TF-RTA, not what I called it in my last post.

http://www.smoktech.com/atomizer/tf-rta

They have renders of the different decks on the site.

Thats what Im talking about, not the little RBA heads for the TFV4 tanks...and btw, the Triple Coil TF-T3 coils are the best ones ;) lol. The quads coming in close second. But its, like, just my opinion, man.

They both look cool, might have to try one or the other or both. What is a fucking travesty is that the decks arent interchangeable in the tanks. THAT would have been a homerun idea. If the decks on them were changeable I would have ordered one right away.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thats what Im talking about, not the little RBA heads for the TFV4 tanks...and btw, the Triple Coil TF-T3 coils are the best ones ;) lol. The quads coming in close second. But its, like, just my opinion, man.

They both look cool, might have to try one or the other or both. What is a fucking travesty is that the decks arent interchangeable in the tanks. THAT would have been a homerun idea. If the decks on them were changeable I would have ordered one right away.
It looks like you can interchange the G2, and G4 decks on the TF-RTA if that's what you meant, and they will offer future decks for more options in the future according to their website.

If you meant use the G2/G4 decks on the OG TFV4, no, they are larger decks.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This post right here ^^^^ speaks volumes. I know how much Amanda loves her gear, so now I'm even more intrigued.

VU Sponsors