Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I made 50 mL of unflavored 4% nicotine liquid, I can't taste anything anyway :rolleyes: always last in line in my family to get sick, so at least there's that HA!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I made 50 mL of unflavored 4% nicotine liquid, I can't taste anything anyway :rolleyes: always last in line in my family to get sick, so at least there's that HA!
Hope you are all feeling better soon so you can taste all the holiday goodies!:)

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So the guy I'm making juice for said he only likes certain fruits. He doesn't like cheesecake, custard, pies or anything milky/creamy. I made him GOC anyways because everyone needs to try it. While typing this I forgot I was gonna make him a honeydew recipe.
3685159ac480225d31791bc6aabad97a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I made him GOC anyways because everyone needs to try it.

If you accept returns, I confident you won't let it go to waste.:giggle:

Today I did a little mixing...
kaki no mitsuni goma kuriimu ankake (WIP)
Cherry-Pomegranate juice (Teresa P's)
Pear & Pomegranate Tea by lirruping

Ron
---

"Let's just say I was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. That's all it was curiosity. "-Jim Morrison

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
So the guy I'm making juice for said he only likes certain fruits. He doesn't like cheesecake, custard, pies or anything milky/creamy. I made him GOC anyways because everyone needs to try it. While typing this I forgot I was gonna make him a honeydew recipe.

Sucker punch? That sounds violent...mind sharing? :devil:

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just curious. I may give it a go but lowering the Dragonfruit to 5% and the Swirl down to 2%.
I did a variant of a sucker punch clone that uses less dragonfruit early in my DIY journey and recall enjoying it:

Sucker Punch clone v2 70vg
8.00% Dragonfruit (TFA)
4.00% Strawberry (Ripe) (TFA)
4.00% Vanilla Swirl (TFA)
2.00% Bavarian Cream DX (TFA)
1.00% Sweet Cream DX (TFA)
1.00% Toasted Marshmallow (FW)
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/124922/Suicide Bunny Sucker Punch clone v2

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last edited:

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, mixed this up. Off the shake I get a very mild lemon flavor. Going to let it set a few days to see it melds and fleshs out. If lemon is still a little prominent I will back down the Lemon FE to 1.00% and see what that brings. Right off the shake I am very hopeful. I think it has promise :)

Last edited:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Ok, mixed this up. Off the shake I get a very mild lemon flavor. Going to let it set a few days to see it melds and fleshs out. If lemon is still a little prominent I will back down the Lemon FE to 0.50% and see what that brings. Right off the shake I am very hopeful. I think it has promise :)
With what I have this would be my starting point:
INW lemon cake 2%
FA bilberry .5-1%
FW blueberry 4%
FA lemon sicily 2%
FA custard 1%
LA cream cheese icing 1.5% (maybe)

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With what I have this would be my starting point:
INW lemon cake 2%
FA bilberry .5-1%
FW blueberry 4%
FA lemon sicily 2%
FA custard 1%
LA cream cheese icing 1.5% (maybe)
Well I will give that a spin too! I thought about FA Custard, but it has a lemon touch that I wanted to avoid and let the Lemon Cake and the Lemon FE do the heavy lifting. I made a mistake on the percentages I actually mixed. The walnuts make a perfect combo with Blueberries and add some thickness to the mix. Walnut and Blueberry mixed are all the rage for their health properties. May try it without them, but want to see how this mix sets up before any further changes.

Did I mention that I LOVE BUTTER :)

I mixed Lemon FE at 2.00% not 1.00%. I thought about adding in 1.00% Frosting (FLV).
Just now tried it again in my Pulse RDA. I am really liking this now. Looking forward to tomorrow to see how it does with a night to sit and meld.

This was my inspiration for this mix.

http://www.greatgrubdelicioustreats.com/blueberry-walnut-crisp/

Last edited:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Well I will give that a spin too! I thought about FA Custard, but it has a lemon touch that I wanted to avoid and let the Lemon Cake and the Lemon FE do the heavy lifting. I made a mistake on the percentages I actually mixed. The walnuts make a perfect combo with Blueberries and add some thickness to the mix. Walnut and Blueberry mixed are all the rage for their health properties. May try it without them, but want to see how this mix sets up before any further changes.

Did I mention that I LOVE BUTTER :)

I mixed Lemon FE at 2.00% not 1.00%. I thought about adding in 1.00% Frosting (FLV).
Just now tried it again in my Pulse RDA. I am really liking this now. Looking forward to tomorrow to see how it does with a night to sit and meld.

This was my inspiration for this mix.

http://www.greatgrubdelicioustreats.com/blueberry-walnut-crisp/
Not a walnut fan. Just got WF almond cookie and Cap juicy lemon in. Wanting to play with them too. Wanting a blueberry pear pie, was thinking the almond cookie would be a nice piecrust booster.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, mixed this up. Off the shake I get a very mild lemon flavor. Going to let it set a few days to see it melds and fleshs out. If lemon is still a little prominent I will back down the Lemon FE to 1.00% and see what that brings. Right off the shake I am very hopeful. I think it has promise :)

Either on a stand alone or in a mix, my INW Lemon Cake experience indicates that after a week or so the lemon aspects intensify. So much so that over time the very nice cake flavor and textural mouth feel I initially enjoyed becomes overly stepped on and muted. YMMV

Ron
---
"The story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye..."- James Marshall Hendrix

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Either on a stand alone or in a mix, my INW Lemon Cake experience indicates that after a week or so the lemon aspects intensify. So much so that over time the very nice cake flavor and textural mouth feel I initially enjoyed becomes overly stepped on and muted. YMMV

Ron
---
"The story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye..."- James Marshall Hendrix
Would adding 1-2% yellow cake batter offset that muting?

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Would adding 1-2% yellow cake batter offset that muting?

I've used Yellow Cake (both FW and JF) in recipes, but not with the INW. I never used a cake "batter". I guess it's worth a try...if wanted. My concern would be how much such an addition would also mute the nice cake part of the INW.

Heck, the amount of lemon the INW provides might just be perfect to your tastes. My favorite addition was 1% FA Saffron.

Ron
---
"Perception is largely an emotional response. How we feel affects the way we see the world. "-Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can always count on BCF to arrive before Christmas.
Cider
3.6% INW Two Apples (or 2.6% Two Apples plus 1% FA Fuji Apple)
0.5% FA Amber
(Optional .5% FA Caramel or other caramel to taste)

Shake & wait 1 day.

Mmnnn...Cider....it's not just for Autumn anymore. :)

Ron
---
“An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.” – Buddha

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cider
3.6% INW Two Apples (or 2.6% Two Apples plus 1% FA Fuji Apple)
0.5% FA Amber
(Optional .5% FA Caramel or other caramel to taste)

Shake & wait 1 day.

Mmnnn...Cider....it's not just for Autumn anymore. :)

Ron
---
“An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.” – Buddha
Screenshot it! Also it's funny because my girl friends name is autumn and she loves cider lol

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Ron
---

Thanks Ron. This is my first recipe. I am really liking it so far so I doubt it will last the first week to see what a long steep would change. It is a start for me and the result exceeded my expectations by a long way. Obviously you and the other more experienced mixers assistance is always appreciated and insightful. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my first 240ml bottles today. Filled one with GOC. Found out my scale can't take that much weight :(

Also,
60ml blue razz sour patch
60ml green apple flavorburst
30ml salted caramel butterscotch peanut bar
10ml caramel apple cider @RonJS
10ml strawberry biscuit

I hope Santa can help you out with a shiny new scale!

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Have you tried the TFA Lemon Cookie? I have a bottle I haven't tried yet.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can't imagine it as a primary flavor at all. I use Caps DF in my fruit-creams as a nuance... 1% is my limit.
Hi Artie!!! Merry Christmas!!! :stars::stars2:

Hey hellcat! I've been working like a hebrew slave at work now. Working xmas-well mostly everyday it seems. You have a great x-mas! I have been vaping Flavorah peach rings like its crack lately!

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey hellcat! I've been working like a hebrew slave at work now. Working xmas-well mostly everyday it seems. You have a great x-mas! I have been vaping Flavorah peach rings like its crack lately!

Really? I'm skeeirt to buy the Peach Rings... You vape it straight up?
I've worked and worked with FLV Peach and it's a no-go for me.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

when people tell me they dont like custard I make them GOC anyways and just say its called Game Over. they always come back for more haha

VU Sponsors