Become a Patron!

The Merlin RTA by Augvape and Roxy

janne303

Member For 4 Years
My threads on the postholescrews sucks... They just go around and around on both my Merlins. Any fix or are am I doeing something wrong?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Neither of my two have had an issue. You may have a defective one. There are extra set screws included along with the allen key. I don't use the included allen key, I have a hex head screwdriver that's handier to use. Have you checked the allen key to see if the edges are rounding off?

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
I have had a problem with leaking and figured it out. The chimney post was missing the rubber O ring, I put one on and it fixed the leaking.
Same thing happened to me today! It was on there but then it wasn't. What a mess. I noticed when i first got it it had come loose and got in the habit of checking it when i refilled since it didn't appear to seat very firmly. They give you one extra fortunately since i don't know where the original went.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Kargurin, are you talking about the o-ring that is right under the fill cap...on the top of the fill port? That is one that goes south if not watched carefully. I ordered 50 of those. Even though when I put a new one on, it has stayed in place for the last month.

Shorevaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys the Merlin was the 2nd rta ever got but I just don't like the Vape from it I've had it the firstweek it came out been a long time looker now posting .ivetried all kinds of single coils even the notch it just doesn't Vape like my 22 griffin. I should of went for the boreas

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I hear the Griffin is pretty good. But you should get equal or better flavor and vape experience out of the Merlin. Sorry you are having a disappointing experience with it.

If you like dual coils, the Boreas is hard to beat! Wonderful flavor and vapor production.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi guys the Merlin was the 2nd rta ever got but I just don't like the Vape from it I've had it the firstweek it came out been a long time looker now posting .ivetried all kinds of single coils even the notch it just doesn't Vape like my 22 griffin. I should of went for the boreas
The boreas is a winner. Awesome tank. Get it. Only around 25 bucks on eciggity.com.
If you like single coils try it, and if you want to try dual coils it is good too,just see it~:
1773374930.gif
I've been looking at that. Does anyone have it for sale yet???

greasegizzard

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone else get the little trails of dark juice coming out of the juice flow holes on their Merlin? Mine seems to do it quite a bit, even on new coils and wicks. It has done it since I first got it.

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone else get the little trails of dark juice coming out of the juice flow holes on their Merlin? Mine seems to do it quite a bit, even on new coils and wicks. It has done it since I first got it.

Not on any of mine, I have 3 now.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I do not -

You might want to revisit you coil placement and/or wicking :)

greasegizzard

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do not -

You might want to revisit you coil placement and/or wicking :)
I might try playing with it again later. It's not really a huge deal. I just got a TFV8 and finally a Tsunami, so they have my attention right now. lol Maybe the coil should be closer to the airflow?

greasegizzard

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, that's usually when I rewick and clean my coils. But this one will do it way too soon. Sometimes the sane day I put fresh coils in.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Both my Merlins did this @greasegizzard. Ever let a tank get so low that you notice how dark the juice is, especially with juice that starts out with only a tinge of color. You go to refill, then that color kinda swirls in the tank. The juice flow in the Merlin is substantial, so, to me, it makes sense that it does this. I could change the wick, then in the next day or so, already see it doing this.

It's the sugar man.
What sugar?

RedheadedBStarD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've only had the back flow of dirty juice with one coil. In that case it was a combo of a hot coil and too much wick. Dialed it back a few watts and thinned out the tails of the wick a bit more when I cleaned the coil and it didn't do it anymore.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear the Griffin is pretty good. But you should get equal or better flavor and vape experience out of the Merlin. Sorry you are having a disappointing experience with it.

If you like dual coils, the Boreas is hard to beat! Wonderful flavor and vapor production.
What build do you use on your Merlin?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Anyone else notice that air bubbles only come from only one side? Is this supposed to happen? I see it happening on my griffin also and that one has 4 holes but only bubbles from one. Anyone have an explanation?

Yes.

I belive juice seeps into one hole and air is displaced out the other.

I do not understand the vacuum principals involved, so it's just what I think

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone else notice that air bubbles only come from only one side? Is this supposed to happen? I see it happening on my griffin also and that one has 4 holes but only bubbles from one. Anyone have an explanation?
Path of least resistance etc., etc..

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I really like it! It may replace the Tornado Nano for me....if the woman doesnt notice I have a new Tank :D
Just do what every guy does

WOMEN: Is that a new tank?

YOU: What? Are you crazy? I've had this tank forever.

Note: The above line has to be sold with confidence. You have to be borderline indignant. If done right it has about a 70% success rate. The goal is to not necessarily have her believe you but to create a plausible doubt. Lmao.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just do what every guy does

WOMEN: Is that a new tank?

YOU: What? Are you crazy? I've had this tank forever.

Note: The above line has to be sold with confidence. You have to be borderline indignant. If done right it has about a 70% success rate. The goal is to not necessarily have her believe you but to create a plausible doubt. Lmao.

I tried....but I dont have any black tanks...and she knew that :p

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Lol see man its all about the optics. Either get more black tanks or stick to SS. Judging from your statement it sounds like I was to late anyway. Looks like you've already been BUSTED. lmao.

I got off easy since it was a trade for coils...I told her you cant blame me people will give up gear for handmade pieces...too bad there arent more people like that :cool:

VU Sponsors