Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I concur with Raymo about the Mage RTA...love the little thing. I have 1 with me at all times. And a Merlin. And my Boreas. Those are my 3 daily tanks.

The Mage is a really nice vape and flavor is excellent.
MAy want to check out the tornado Nano...Its the best mix of the Mage with the Airflow and more like the Boreas...Its the "In Between"...Personally Ive retired everything except the Tornado Nano and the Mage....The Merlin Im really liking though

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
LOL Raymo...just took a pull of my Tornado Nano! I keep it at my desk. Good little atty. I like the flavor on the Mage a little better. Both are great.
I'm just running 2-strand parallels in it. 26 ga. 7 wraps coming out to 0.24. Simple and clean. I have absolutely no leaks on the Tornado Nano or the Mage.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MAy want to check out the tornado Nano...Its the best mix of the Mage with the Airflow and more like the Boreas...Its the "In Between"...Personally Ive retired everything except the Tornado Nano and the Mage....The Merlin Im really liking though
That's my choices, I'm stuck between the mage and the tornado nano. I'm not sure which to get because I think for the Mage it'll need alien coils or something along those type of builds to really shine. I have a real trouble building aliens and I'm afraid that a standard build (22g,24g or 26g) with 5-6 wraps won't work too well. The tornado nano I have tried and it seemed to do very well. Also I heard the threads on the Mage aren't the greatest.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Merlin has some great flavor. Loving mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's my choices, I'm stuck between the mage and the tornado nano. I'm not sure which to get because I think for the Mage it'll need alien coils or something along those type of builds to really shine. I have a real trouble building aliens and I'm afraid that a standard build (22g,24g or 26g) with 5-6 wraps won't work too well. The tornado nano I have tried and it seemed to do very well. Also I heard the threads on the Mage aren't the greatest.
I have the Tornado Nano, just wondering if I should pick up the Mage. Is it much better in flavor or just a little bit better than the Tornado Nano? :anyone: Thanks!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been up in the air on the Tornado nano, figured since I already have the Mage then why bother.
Been having much better results with the Merlin since I changed my build. Still prefer the Mage for all around flavor but the Merlin is no slouch.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do standard spaced 316L on all my tanks when I first get them. This way I can compare the tanks rather than the build. The Mage has been phenomenal for flavor with just a plain jane build.

Edit: I can only imagine that raymo's builds must be like Angels and Heaven caressing your taste buds

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do standard spaced 316L on all my tanks when I first get them. This way I can compare the tanks rather than the build. The Mage has been phenomenal for flavor with just a plain jane build.

You have a tornado nano?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Mage has a definite increase in heat and flavor intensity with the same build and wattage compared to the TNano. I havent run a simple build in anything since the Goblin Mini so I cant comment on how they are with simple builds but a Fused Clapton would do well (28g 316L/40N80 5 wraps/2.5mm ID would be my choice). It is on par with a Petri with the stock cap

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have been up in the air on the Tornado nano, figured since I already have the Mage then why bother.
Been having much better results with the Merlin since I changed my build. Still prefer the Mage for all around flavor but the Merlin is no slouch.

What build did you have and what did you switch to? I'm still trying to find a good build for it

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Mage has a definite increase in heat and flavor intensity with the same build and wattage compared to the TNano. I havent run a simple build in anything since the Goblin Mini so I cant comment on how they are with simple builds but a Fused Clapton would do well (28g 316L/40N80 5 wraps/2.5mm ID would be my choice). It is on par with a Petri with the stock cap
My standard builds are no competition to your builds Your builds are the type of builds that can make crappy tanks be the best tanks ever I'm really swinging towards the Mage right now. At the moment I'm enjoying my merlin. I'm running claptons in it and it's performing well, I have tried other builds but they produced way too much heat and the airflow wasn't enough. I'm still in search for the perfect build.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok so got a merlin today
have to say i have mixed emotiions

on one hand this is the best built tank ive seen

every thing is smooth and tight

i love the draw on this without the restrictor

but the flavor is sub par compared ot my griffin 22

now im only running a single coil 316l vertabraid 30ga 6 wraps at .33 ohms running about 40w

versus dual 316l fused claptons at about .5 ohm at 50w in my griffins

but the flavor is better in the griffins using the exact same flavors
im also feeling but am not sure that the merlin is not wicking as well with my 90vg juice

its not burning but its sort of cottony and sort of dry every few hits

overall its not a bad tank. im gonna have to try some different builds out to test it out more

if i could figure out that dual vertical build and how the hell you build it i would like to try it, because it looks like the perfect build for this tank

My first merlin coil was the ones that shipped with it IIRC. I then put in a pre-coiled clapton and it really brought out the flavor. Planning to re-wire it this weekend with some double twisted 26 or triple twisted 28 ss316l so I can run it in TC. My Griffin has the best flavor of my 22mm dual coil tanks at this point but putting in dual twisted 26ga ss316l kicked up the flavor on that tank to a whole new level. Ordering a few more griffin 22's (and another melin or 2 as well) very soon.

edit: didn't realize I was so many pages back

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My standard builds are no competition to your builds Your builds are the type of builds that can make crappy tanks be the best tanks ever I'm really swinging towards the Mage right now. At the moment I'm enjoying my merlin. I'm running claptons in it and it's performing well, I have tried other builds but they produced way too much heat and the airflow wasn't enough. I'm still in search for the perfect build.

I generally run 316L fused Claptons in my Merlins, but I highly recommend trying out 32x6 Vertebraid wire from Advanced Vape Supply (unless you prefer to make your own). You get about the same flavor as a fused Clapton but a little less heat and the cotton stays cleaner longer. I definitely don't recommend the thinner 34g version though. That stuff is crazy springy even if you torch it.

greasegizzard

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone tried a braided coil in their Merlin yet? I just tried making some for the first time tonight. I had a few spots that aren't perfect, but hopefully they will work out at least a little bit with the torch. I bought one today, but I didn't notice it didn't have butane in it. So I will have to get some of that tomorrow.

e039400e4560aab4fff2862176f63f41.jpg

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.

greasegizzard

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I generally run 316L fused Claptons in my Merlins, but I highly recommend trying out 32x6 Vertebraid wire from Advanced Vape Supply (unless you prefer to make your own). You get about the same flavor as a fused Clapton but a little less heat and the cotton stays cleaner longer. I definitely don't recommend the thinner 34g version though. That stuff is crazy springy even if you torch it.
Didn't even read this. lol Mine isn't stainless, just kanthal. I'm excited to try it, though. I definitely need some gloves for next time. I think I could keep the wires tighter and the braids a little closer.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Didn't even read this. lol Mine isn't stainless, just kanthal. I'm excited to try it, though. I definitely need some gloves for next time. I think I could keep the wires tighter and the braids a little closer.

I always vape in temp control so stainless is pretty much all I use. Love braided wire but I can't say that it gives better flavor than Claptons. Both types of wire give excellent flavor.

You're so right about the gloves. I tried doing it without them and never again (only have gardening gloves). I just order the stuff now.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL Raymo...just took a pull of my Tornado Nano! I keep it at my desk. Good little atty. I like the flavor on the Mage a little better. Both are great.
I'm just running 2-strand parallels in it. 26 ga. 7 wraps coming out to 0.24. Simple and clean. I have absolutely no leaks on the Tornado Nano or the Mage.
Did I remember right you use rayon wicks right? How do you wick it with rayon?

greasegizzard

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I watched a tutorial by squidoode on YouTube. He explained it pretty well. If you do try it, one thing I missed seeing him do is when you take your middle finger through and hook the wire on your index finger, you have to hook it over the top so when you pull it through you are essentially adding a twist to it. If not, you will end up with two separate strands instead of one braided. It will make more sense when you watch the video and try it.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I decided to open my base again and get a good measurement of the two inner o-rings.

I've added them to my collection of Merlin o-ring sizes below. All measured from a V1 base (I don't know yet if that matters)

Code:
15  1     17    JFC Ring inside base
18  1.2 20.4    Between AFC / JFC inside base
I am double checking all of the o-rings because I'm still having seeping issues at the bottom of the atty.
How did you access these two o-rings? Did you take apart the base to find them?
Thanks.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Did I remember right you use rayon wicks right? How do you wick it with rayon?

Hearts, I have used rayon, occasionally I still do, but Japanese cotton is my main wicking material. I like Rayon, but I have trouble getting it positioned they way I like it in the Merlin. I have been sticking with cotton lately.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hearts, I have used rayon, occasionally I still do, but Japanese cotton is my main wicking material. I like Rayon, but I have trouble getting it positioned they way I like it in the Merlin. I have been sticking with cotton lately.
Thanks!

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
Kargurin, are you talking about the o-ring that is right under the fill cap...on the top of the fill port? That is one that goes south if not watched carefully. I ordered 50 of those. Even though when I put a new one on, it has stayed in place for the last month.
Well it took me long enough to see this. And yes indeed i did the same thing just today. A bag of o rings on the way. Which may come in handy after my second Merlin arrives.... in several weeks I suppose since I ordered it through Efun.top.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well it took me long enough to see this. And yes indeed i did the same thing just today. A bag of o rings on the way. Which may come in handy after my second Merlin arrives.... in several weeks I suppose since I ordered it through Efun.top.

I ordered another too from Efun on 8/10 still hasn't arrived grrrrr.....

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
I ordered last Friday and the tracking number is still not recognized.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered last Friday and the tracking number is still not recognized.

Mine states: on USPS tracking, 8/12/16 Processed through sort facility, Beijing, China EMS, then
We have received notice origin post is preparing shipment.
This isn't unusual then in the past tracking will fill in. But of late, it hasn't taken this long at least with Fasttech.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I ordered from there. Mine was kind of like, "surprise!!". I think it was roughly 3 weeks? I'd do business with them again. If you haven't checked your account info on their site, you might find better info there. If it tells you the shipper on that end, google that, then add your tracking number. I wish I could remember what that name was.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered from there. Mine was kind of like, "surprise!!". I think it was roughly 3 weeks? I'd do business with them again. If you haven't checked your account info on their site, you might find better info there. If it tells you the shipper on that end, google that, then add your tracking number. I wish I could remember what that name was.
Mine is "17track.net" that's what's Efun.top has linked to track from. From there you can start tracking from USPS after a certain point.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
mage si great. but doesnt hav ethe same build room as a griffin 22. the top cap is a PITA. but flavor is on par with griffin 22 and petri v2 rda. and that is using the same coil but using a saller id and 1 less wrap on the mage versus a griffin22 or petri v2 rda.
the lack of jfc on the mag eis a plus for me - it is one less thing to go worng or cause a leak
if the would make a replacement top cap for it that was easy to take off...i would recommend it , but i hav eto keep on eof those grippy things you use for jars handy at all times to refill ine. and do not tell me to tighten it first, that works sometimes,but not usually for me

vertabraid coil wire from advancedvapesupply is a good as using a standard clapton IMHO, but the resustance is much lower which can be an issue for some.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
With efun it's just the vagaries of international shipping. I ordered a Merlin June 23 and it was delivered June 30. I made another order July 11 and got it on the 25th. Too many variables to predict how long until something arrives.

greasegizzard

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started out using rayon, but I've been using cotton lately, too.

52anddone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In some of the juices

Edit. At least that's where I see it happening in my tanks

You talk of Sugars in the juices. My Unflavored ECX Nic at 10mg/ml/ 2% FA Flash mix I will get dark juice coming out of the juice holes after about 10 tank fulls in my Lemo V1. My 10% Menthol/ECX Nic @ 10mg/ml/ 2% FA Flash mix I see it after about 6 tanks full in my Lemo V1. I wasn't aware that Menthol (MBV) had any Sugar in it. That's with using KGD and less than 14 watts using Kanthal. That's my experience anyways.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Update:
My 4th Merlin from Efun.top has finally made it to New York, yay!!! So the tracking goes from Beijing, China EMS, nothing for days from 8/10 to 8/24 then boom it made it to New York. Was getting a bit worried because of regs.

alexm

Member For 4 Years
I am double checking all of the o-rings because I'm still having seeping issues at the bottom of the atty.
How did you access these two o-rings? Did you take apart the base to find them?
Thanks.
Yes. There are two inside the base.

I posted instructions on how to open the base here and / or on the other forum.

http://vapingunderground.com/posts/1249165/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

alexm

Member For 4 Years
Thanks! Did replacing those o rings stop the seepage for you or did you do it out of curiosity?
Curiosity. People were theorizing what was in there so I had find out.

I haven't had a serious seeping / leaking issue on any of my merlins that wasn't related to wicking.

I do get a bit of condensation pooling on both the top and bottom of the atty but i relate that to my vaping style.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Curiosity. People were theorizing what was in there so I had find out.

I haven't had a serious seeping / leaking issue on any of my merlins that wasn't related to wicking.

I do get a bit of condensation pooling on both the top and bottom of the atty but i relate that to my vaping style.
Thanks! It's strange, every time I think it's ok, after about 2 days it starts again, granted its not much seepage on the bottom of the atty almost like condensation but I got another Merlin in a trade & not a drop on that one, dry as a bone. It's driving me crazy trying to wick it differently, I use rayon.

VU Sponsors