Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread #2

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I were buying again, I'd go with Aspire's 26650. It's a good, reliable battery, and fits in both of my regulated mods plus a 26650 Chi You tube mech that I have.
I never checked the ratings for amps on the ones I have (Efest green and Basin black). The way I use them I never draw more than 10 amps, so It didn't matter to me. I know the Basin "says" 60 amps, so that is quite laughable, but I have been very happy with them for what I ask them to do.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I were buying again, I'd go with Aspire's 26650. It's a good, reliable battery, and fits in both of my regulated mods plus a 26650 Chi You tube mech that I have.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Vapcell is double-wrapped....could be a fake? Re-wrapping it would let ya know at least. :)

Is it actually taller that it should be? or just fatter?

Vapcell%20INR26650%205500mAh%20(Red)%202019-info.png

I assume it is this one: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/70660

I trusted HKJ long before there was a Mooch...but he's not doing vaping-type testing either...hehe.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I wouldn't be surprised if the Vapcell is double-wrapped....could be a fake? Re-wrapping it would let ya know at least. :)

Is it actually taller that it should be? or just fatter?

Vapcell%20INR26650%205500mAh%20(Red)%202019-info.png

I assume it is this one: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/70660

I trusted HKJ long before there was a Mooch...but he's not doing vaping-type testing either...hehe.

Well it says right on his page that the diameter of that cell is 26.6mm. No dang wonder it won't fit.

Yes, it's that one, rated at 20A. I was only planning to use the mod at 35W or less, since I determined that there is an industry-wide problem with 26650 li-ion batteries, and I am not prepared to use one of those LiFePO4 cells.

It doesn't seem to be too long - no issue with it in the Pico Mega.

I think all those batteries except for the big-3-or-4 are rewraps, aren't they?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it says right on his page that the diameter of that cell is 26.6mm. No dang wonder it won't fit.

Yes, it's that one, rated at 20A. I was only planning to use the mod at 35W or less, since I determined that there is an industry-wide problem with 26650 li-ion batteries, and I am not prepared to use one of those LiFePO4 cells.

It doesn't seem to be too long - no issue with it in the Pico Mega.

I think all those batteries except for the big-3-or-4 are rewraps, aren't they?
I believe most of them are rewraps of batteries from the big companies that didn't make it to the 1st spot. Like a blem battery

Sent from a pile of wood chips

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The green is the only one I have left to purchase that I want. I'd damn near sell all my other gear to fund it if people would buy it. Lol

Sent from a pile of wood chips
I know how you feel. The clear would be my last one. But I gotta figure out how to pay for it. Lol.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bro. i seen a post on these. saying that the peak is melting. if i can find it again i will copy/paaste it for you. unless you already know this, and you probably do.
Actually I didn't. So far it vapes great. I only use RTAs on regulated mods though so I'm sure it will let me know. I'll look it up and keep an eye on it too.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Belated vape mail pix...I'd done the other atty I got already but not this one.

SXK Legend RDTA aka the "e-phoenix"

So many parts...

Yup, those are hinged wire clamps

This is after I took the rest apart. I said f-it and left it alone.

In the bath with ye!!

Yes, I love how SXK over-builds everything. Yes, there is a squonk pin. =)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Belated vape mail pix...I'd done the other atty I got already but not this one.

SXK Legend RDTA aka the "e-phoenix"

So many parts...

Yup, those are hinged wire clamps

This is after I took the rest apart. I said f-it and left it alone.

In the bath with ye!!

Yes, I love how SXK over-builds everything. Yes, there is a squonk pin. =)

I think that "e-phoenix" is the signature of a brand. My Hurricane Jr RTA clone has it, too. I hope you enjoy the Legend as much as I have the Hurricane Jr. It's a great atty.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Actually I didn't. So far it vapes great. I only use RTAs on regulated mods though so I'm sure it will let me know. I'll look it up and keep an eye on it too.

i just went looking for the info, no luck. but i will keep aan eye out for it.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
oh, lol, i misunderstood. i'm thinking i want a Nightmare.

Nightmare is a decent RDA... suffers like many of the other China made ones with Voltage loss (Opinion)... Vapes really well though... looks good. Not as roomy as you'd think being a 28mm ;) Heat transfer is minimal. And its not as Airy as one would assume looking at it even wide open

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Nightmare is a decent RDA... suffers like many of the other China made ones with Voltage loss (Opinion)... Vapes really well though... looks good. Not as roomy as you'd think being a 28mm ;) Heat transfer is minimal. And its not as Airy as one would assume looking at it even wide open

is it less airy than the Mini ?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
is it less airy than the Mini ?

No not less, very similar though wide open in draw... just a tad less restrictive on the Nightmare.

Nightmare is worth it... if... you don't care to much about voltage loss. But if you do and are like me... yeah not even a week old and its sitting already.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
No not less, very similar though wide open in draw... just a tad less restrictive on the Nightmare.

Nightmare is worth it... if... you don't care to much about voltage loss. But if you do and are like me... yeah not even a week old and its sitting already.

ok, i aasssume it can be turned down ? i need to turn down this Mini a little. if you want to sell thaat, and its blue or brass, shoot me a #.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
This is how you build the X1 imho. Night and day difference in flavor and leaves room in the middle to drip.

That DT looks great man!

View attachment 162896

the copper DT really does set it off. how can such a small change make such a big difference, but it does.

i have mine built something like that. if i drip any more than very slowly, it builts up on the post then somehow bleeds over into the ports and leaks.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a liter of VG from LNW, got half a liter of PG and another half liter of VG from diyfs. They threw in a free bottle of a flavoring called Rainbow Drops. I think it's skittles. Haven't tried it yet. Tomorrow I should be getting my bottle of nic from MFS. Should be set for a little bit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors