nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks. And thanks for all of the advice. Been vaping for six years but feel like a noob again. Been trying to keep it way simple for the last few years. Just didn't have the time to mess with building or experimenting.

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

The last post in that "ramp-up time" thread I referenced is really interesting. I might try that today. What I'll try is 28/38 ni80 dual fused Clapton wire parallel with 24ga ni80 round, 3mm, 7 wraps. Wire wizard says 7 wraps will come out to about 0.32 ohms.

What I have in my mind with that is that the single wire will get hot quickly and help the ramp-up time of the Clapton wire. Maybe, maybe not. Worth a try.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The last post in that "ramp-up time" thread I referenced is really interesting. I might try that today. What I'll try is 28/38 ni80 dual fused Clapton wire parallel with 24ga ni80 round, 3mm, 7 wraps. Wire wizard says 7 wraps will come out to about 0.32 ohms.

What I have in my mind with that is that the single wire will get hot quickly and help the ramp-up time of the Clapton wire. Maybe, maybe not. Worth a try.
That's called a staged heating coil.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Thank you, good to know! It vapes really well, at about twice the wattage I normally run.

What I ended up with is a 0.32 ohm, 6-wrap, 3.5mm ni80 coil. Put it in the Morphe and tried it first on a regulated single-battery squonker. It was good once I got up above 45W. Then I tried it on my Recurve, which is running a 20700 fully-charged battery, and it did well there. In my Wismec BF, single-batt semi-regulated 18650 squonker, it was a little more anemic but certainly still vapable. In both cases in the semi-regulated mods, the coil was already warm. The flip side of the more sluggish ramp-up time is obviously that the coil also stays warm longer. Which also means, I reckon, that the impact of that ramp-up time depends on how you vape.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you, good to know! It vapes really well, at about twice the wattage I normally run.

What I ended up with is a 0.32 ohm, 6-wrap, 3.5mm ni80 coil. Put it in the Morphe and tried it first on a regulated single-battery squonker. It was good once I got up above 45W. Then I tried it on my Recurve, which is running a 20700 fully-charged battery, and it did well there. In my Wismec BF, single-batt semi-regulated 18650 squonker, it was a little more anemic but certainly still vapable. In both cases in the semi-regulated mods, the coil was already warm. The flip side of the more sluggish ramp-up time is obviously that the coil also stays warm longer. Which also means, I reckon, that the impact of that ramp-up time depends on how you vape.
Quite true!

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
So a very C:cool::cool:L, dear friend sent me this today, knowing I've been sick. It really brightened up my day. :) THANK YOU my friend!

20190223_154753.jpg

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Avid lyfe activist authentic.
Some new juice from thesaucela.
They are out of 3mg, so grabbed my fav juice on 6mg. Damn its strong. Might have to bring my ohms from 0.09 up to 0.14.
016c285b1bc4f24a712f6f41a9aa2d9f.jpg

Sent from Amchitka

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was selected to be one of the APIWTW challenge winners. @WotofoOfficial was kind enough to sponsor the challenge and sent me a prize!
0223191816a.jpg
I just got my first Profile about a week ago and they're pretty damn nice. So thank you Wotofo, Vaping Underground, and the challenge team for a cool contest and prizes. I really appreciate it.

I made a small order for few flavors at BullCity. They also came today.
0223191819a-1.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was selected to be one of the APIWTW challenge winners. @WotofoOfficial was kind enough to sponsor the challenge and sent me a prize!
View attachment 132389
I just got my first Profile about a week ago and they're pretty damn nice. So thank you Wotofo, Vaping Underground, and the challenge team for a cool contest and prizes. I really appreciate it.

I made a small order for few flavors at BullCity. They also came today.
View attachment 132392
Congrats brother........

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
My dogs could care less about vapemail!
That's the opposite of mine!
He's gotten to recognize the sound of the mailman, the UPS truck, and the FedEx truck.
It's great because he lets me know when the mailman is out front because I take him with me to get the mail.
It's quite a ritual, he hears the mail truck, barks, then heads into my office to make sure I know. Then if I get up from my desk he starts doing the happy dance!

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
What kind of spice? Holy Vanilla and INW Vanilla Cream to a lesser extent taste spicy to me.

Its like a ripe mango spicy. If you know mangos they get a little bite when they are at peak. There are definitely two mangos in the Black Unicorn. One is Sweet Mango, the other is yet to be identified.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's the opposite of mine!
He's gotten to recognize the sound of the mailman, the UPS truck, and the FedEx truck.
It's great because he lets me know when the mailman is out front because I take him with me to get the mail.
It's quite a ritual, he hears the mail truck, barks, then heads into my office to make sure I know. Then if I get up from my desk he starts doing the happy dance!

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!
Mine lets me know the mailman is here or has gone by. Heaven help us when he's knocking. She's a very L O U D girl!!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Its like a ripe mango spicy. If you know mangos they get a little bite when they are at peak. There are definitely two mangos in the Black Unicorn. One is Sweet Mango, the other is yet to be identified.
Fair chance it’s TFA mango. Just because it’s cheap. And commercial juices use the cheapest flavoring.....but I def could be wrong.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Painful as it is needed to replace a large number of cells ...heard good things on the molicels got a free 18650 torch as well with the order

36C8A6F7-8355-4CD6-AA66-4BE8EAA01BE4.jpeg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So a very C:cool::cool:L, dear friend sent me this today, knowing I've been sick. It really brightened up my day. :) THANK YOU my friend!

View attachment 132383

Pami, hope you feel better soon! I notice that people who are getting the flu this year are staying sick for a long time. Seems that I heard that the flu that's going around is not one of the strains they vaccinated for this year. Guess they take their best shot at which strains pose risk, and they don't always get it right.

Hope you are soon on the mend. Love your new mod, looks perfect for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors